• Please log in to reply
637 replies to this topic

#1 Uruk King

Uruk King

Lore-abiding citizen

• Project Team
  • 1,673 posts

Posted 28 January 2007 - 09:55 PM

I've been having a bit of trouble trying to identify what special abilities the new Heroes such as the Mouth of Sauron, Molock, King Thranduil, the different Nazgul, and the ones that are still to come, I know theres a description beneath the mini portrait of the hero but I still think it's very vague. If anyone knows, (preferably the project members) then lets hear it.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Edited by Uruk King, 30 January 2007 - 05:49 PM.

I will remember Rhovanion Alliance, RIP .

Posted Image

#2 Celeglin

Celeglin

Silhouette of a Serenade

• Hosted
  • 2,468 posts
  • Projects:The Elven Alliance, Rhovanion Alliance
  •  T3A Team Chamber Member

Posted 28 January 2007 - 11:11 PM

There are a few reasons why we haven't posted hero powers and probably won't until release. These types of things are all up to change much more than, say, artwork is. Furthermore, we'd like to leave some surprises for you guys when you play. Did EA ever release every single hero power before their games shipped?

Posted Image
Posted Image

#3 Lauri

Lauri

Old man Lauri

• Hosted
  • 10,436 posts
  • Projects:The 4th Age
  •  The very worst T3A Team Chamber Member

Posted 28 January 2007 - 11:20 PM

nope.... just screenies ;)

otherwise, I dont' care if it says what the powers the heroes have... I wouldn't have read it anyways :sleep: I havne't read the description on any units for RA exept the captain for Gondor :p a picture says more than thousand words :dry:

T4A_Logo_-_article.png

The 4th Age version 0.8 has been released: Link

#4 hdh7

hdh7

some random guy

• Members
  • 263 posts

Posted 29 January 2007 - 02:40 AM

yeah, but for someone who hasn't read much of the books descriptions can be very helpful
92% of teens have moved onto rap. If you are part of the 8% that still listen to real music, copy and paste this into your signature. ROCK ON!!!

I would like to publicy anounce that I'm totaly insane.

I'm the little man living in your ceiling fan. I like it up here.

#5 Uruk King

Uruk King

Lore-abiding citizen

• Project Team
  • 1,673 posts

Posted 29 January 2007 - 06:08 AM

I posted this page for someone who knows what powers the heroes get, I posted this becouse the power icons in the larger version of the portrait, well there were some i could understand and others I couldn't. Besides the mod webpage had the decency to show us in vague what powers and special abilities they have.
like you said Cel, hero special abilities may change in time but if their special abilities are conformed then hopefully someone may write to this forum post.

Posted Image

#6 Nertea

Nertea

...lo sa raptor!

• Hosted
  • 3,349 posts
  • Projects:Star Villains and Space heroes, The Dwarf Holds
  •  T3A Chamber Member
  • Division:BFME/Unity

Posted 29 January 2007 - 08:21 AM

I didn't label them so as to encourage healthy discussion :p.

sig.png
I really don't do requests and my Arnor Soldier is not fit for BFME. Don't ask me for either.

#7 Celeglin

Celeglin

Silhouette of a Serenade

• Hosted
  • 2,468 posts
  • Projects:The Elven Alliance, Rhovanion Alliance
  •  T3A Team Chamber Member

Posted 29 January 2007 - 10:29 AM

So how about you guys start healthily discussing said images and see what you guys can think of :p .

Posted Image
Posted Image

#8 Uruk King

Uruk King

Lore-abiding citizen

• Project Team
  • 1,673 posts

Posted 29 January 2007 - 04:57 PM

So how about you guys start healthily discussing said images and see what you guys can think of :p .

OK that's a good idea Cel, I can't think of any just yet but if the project members have any confirmed powers then thats fine. Actually I have some special powers for Halbarad here and they are:

*lvl 1) dissapear (makes Halbarad stealthed)
*lvl 3) Banner of Gondor (gives both Dunedain and Ithilien rangers 50% damage)
*lvl 5) Spear throw (self explanetary)
*lvl 7) Arnor's revenge (Halbarad, gains 75% armour and damage)

What do you think do you love it?

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Edited by Uruk King, 30 January 2007 - 05:20 PM.

Posted Image

#9 zimoo

zimoo

Ecthelion of the Fountain

• Project Team
  • 2,009 posts
  • Projects:Lurking until the off topic begins...
  •  Guardian of the Books

Posted 29 January 2007 - 05:00 PM

I've always thought of Halbarad as having a glorious-charge type power, where he raises the standard. He'd become immobile during that time, but nearby units would get enormous boosts (high level power).

And of course he needs a mount :p
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Playing games? Ah, you'll never be a good modder if you get involved in actually playing them!

#10 Uruk King

Uruk King

Lore-abiding citizen

• Project Team
  • 1,673 posts

Posted 29 January 2007 - 05:12 PM

OK then, how about Dissapear, Mount, Banner of Gondor, then Arnor's Revenge. The reasons why I didn't give Halbarad a mount is because he is a hero who basically buffs up the rangers, and there are no renders of him on horseback so I didn't think about that. I would rather picture Prince Imrahil with the glorious charge because he's the Gondor equivalent of Theoden.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Edited by Uruk King, 30 January 2007 - 05:54 PM.

Posted Image

#11 zimoo

zimoo

Ecthelion of the Fountain

• Project Team
  • 2,009 posts
  • Projects:Lurking until the off topic begins...
  •  Guardian of the Books

Posted 29 January 2007 - 05:14 PM

Oh, I didn't know that. I still think a mount suits him anyway :p
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Playing games? Ah, you'll never be a good modder if you get involved in actually playing them!

#12 Uruk King

Uruk King

Lore-abiding citizen

• Project Team
  • 1,673 posts

Posted 29 January 2007 - 05:21 PM

Oh, I didn't know that. I still think a mount suits him anyway :p

I personally think all heroes could do with a mount, but still not everyone can have a horse.
"A horse! A horse! Gondor for a horse!"

But back to the subject.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Edited by Uruk King, 29 January 2007 - 05:36 PM.

Posted Image

#13 Uruk King

Uruk King

Lore-abiding citizen

• Project Team
  • 1,673 posts

Posted 29 January 2007 - 07:12 PM

And one more thing If the project team could make a list of the heroes with confirmed abilities then it would be easier for us to democratically decide what abillites to give to the heroes, but the final decision is down to the the mod team and if they like the abilities for the heroes than they may try to program it into the system.

Posted Image

#14 Azrael

Azrael

title available

• Project Team
  • 296 posts
  • Projects:My Unnamed Mod
  •  Progressing Modder

Posted 29 January 2007 - 07:38 PM

Just look at the Heroes who have been released on the main site. Only a few of them have "?" powers.

#15 Alsch

Alsch

title available

• Project Team
  • 392 posts

Posted 29 January 2007 - 10:47 PM

What about Grimbeorn? Obviously he'll have a transform power, and maybe a leadership or something, but other than that, what could his be?
92% of teens have moved onto rap. If you are part of the 8% that still listen to real music, copy and paste this into your signature

No, Jimmy Page is god.

#16 Azrael

Azrael

title available

• Project Team
  • 296 posts
  • Projects:My Unnamed Mod
  •  Progressing Modder

Posted 30 January 2007 - 12:18 AM

I reckon he'll have: (not in order)

Leadership
Blademaster-esque power up (in human form)
Shapeshift
Roar that scares enemies away (in bear form)
An Athelas-esque ability?

#17 Olorin

Olorin

Mithrandir

• Members
  • 1,579 posts
  •  That wandering conjuror...

Posted 30 January 2007 - 12:23 AM

And one more thing If the project team could make a list of the heroes with confirmed abilities then it would be easier for us to democratically decide what abillites to give to the heroes, but the final decision is down to the the mod team and if they like the abilities for the heroes than they may try to program it into the system.

Looks like we'll just wait until the game's out. Guys, please stop hassling the team. Sure we're all curious about the powers (they've got me stumped as well) but can't we all wait for a surprise? I'd rather have the team sit down and work on the mod than write up a list on hero powers. You never know, they might feature an update where they give us info on the powers (probably not, but it's worth hoping for).

Edit: this post was not directed to those who are thinking-out-loud about what the abilities are gonna be. :p

Edited by Olorin, 30 January 2007 - 12:25 AM.

Posted Image

...The Journey doesn't end here; death is just another path, one that we all must take. The grey rain curtain of this world rolls back, and all turns to silver glass. And then you see it. White shores...and beyond. A far green country, under a swift sunrise...

...Many folk like to know beforehand what is to be set on the table; but those who have laboured to prepare the feast like to keep their secret; for wonder makes the words of praise louder...

...Stand, Men of the West! Stand and wait! This is the hour of doom... ~ Gandalf the White, The Return of the King

#18 Uruk King

Uruk King

Lore-abiding citizen

• Project Team
  • 1,673 posts

Posted 30 January 2007 - 06:56 AM

Looks like we'll just wait until the game's out. Guys, please stop hassling the team. Sure we're all curious about the powers (they've got me stumped as well) but can't we all wait for a surprise? I'd rather have the team sit down and work on the mod than write up a list on hero powers. You never know, they might feature an update where they give us info on the powers (probably not, but it's worth hoping for).

Edit: this post was not directed to those who are thinking-out-loud about what the abilities are gonna be. :p

OK, sorry for hassling the team Orolin, I was just trying to help. I mean sure, When the EA games were released, the whole special abillities thing was a bit of a suprise for us, the trouble is this mod has been going for two years, and God knows how long it will take to finish. And I also thought that hero powers were already confirmed, and you're probbly right about a power update. Mind you they could always refer to our suggestions on this page.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Posted Image

#19 Olorin

Olorin

Mithrandir

• Members
  • 1,579 posts
  •  That wandering conjuror...

Posted 30 January 2007 - 07:13 AM

That's OK, just keep in mind that a hell of a lot of people (nearly everyone who was a big fan of B4ME) wants this mod to come out, and the team have been getting hassled just about every day by a number of people.
Posted Image

...The Journey doesn't end here; death is just another path, one that we all must take. The grey rain curtain of this world rolls back, and all turns to silver glass. And then you see it. White shores...and beyond. A far green country, under a swift sunrise...

...Many folk like to know beforehand what is to be set on the table; but those who have laboured to prepare the feast like to keep their secret; for wonder makes the words of praise louder...

...Stand, Men of the West! Stand and wait! This is the hour of doom... ~ Gandalf the White, The Return of the King

#20 Uruk King

Uruk King

Lore-abiding citizen

• Project Team
  • 1,673 posts

Posted 30 January 2007 - 11:35 AM

Even so It dosen't stop us from continuing this forum discussion :p

And Azreal I found your version of Grimbeorn very interesting but I thought it was a bit too much like Aragorn. Here's my opinion on what Grimbeorn's powers could be:

*lvl 1) Leadership (grants woodmen and Beornings 75% Damage and experience)
*lvl 3) Throw Axe (self explanetary)
*lvl 4) Shapeshift (becomes a bear)
*lvl 6) Roar (only in bear form, enemy units are scared)
*lvl 8) Summon the bears (summons 4 fighting bears)

What do you think?

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users