#21 Azrael

Azrael

title available

• Project Team
  • 296 posts
  • Projects:My Unnamed Mod
  •  Progressing Modder

Posted 30 January 2007 - 06:24 PM

Even so It dosen't stop us from continuing this forum discussion :)

And Azreal I found your version of Grimbeorn very interesting but I thought it was a bit too much like Aragorn. Here's my opinion on what Grimbeorn's powers could be:

*lvl 1) Leadership (grants woodmen and Beornings 75% Damage and experience)
*lvl 3) Throw Axe (self explanetary)
*lvl 4) Shapeshift (becomes a bear)
*lvl 6) Roar (only in bear form, enemy units are scared)
*lvl 8) Summon the bears (summons 4 fighting bears)

What do you think?

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I like it, up until "Summon the Bears". I really hope the modders will by more creative than [Summon random units] into the higher-ranked powers.

EDIT:
Although, judging by one of Radagast's palantir images, it looks as if I'm hoping for too much :(

Edited by Azrael, 30 January 2007 - 06:25 PM.

#22 Uruk King

Uruk King

Lore-abiding citizen

• Project Team
  • 1,673 posts

Posted 30 January 2007 - 06:41 PM

OK Azreal, what's your ideal lvl 8 power, or would you rather have be down to the modders?

I will remember Rhovanion Alliance, RIP .

Posted Image

#23 Herunor

Herunor

Louis

• Project Team
  • 157 posts

Posted 30 January 2007 - 06:47 PM

i don't think that summoning some units is so bad, as long as there are not too much of these powers and as long as the summoned units are not recruitable in any building

"The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides
By the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men.
Blessed is he who, in the name of charity and good will,
Shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness,
For he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children.
And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger
Those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers.
And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon you."

#24 Olorin

Olorin

Mithrandir

• Members
  • 1,579 posts
  •  That wandering conjuror...

Posted 31 January 2007 - 05:27 AM

Even so It dosen't stop us from continuing this forum discussion :)

Discussion is fine, pestering the team is a whole other thing.

i don't think that summoning some units is so bad, as long as there are not too much of these powers and as long as the summoned units are not recruitable in any building

I agree.

Edited by Olorin, 31 January 2007 - 05:27 AM.

Posted Image

...The Journey doesn't end here; death is just another path, one that we all must take. The grey rain curtain of this world rolls back, and all turns to silver glass. And then you see it. White shores...and beyond. A far green country, under a swift sunrise...

...Many folk like to know beforehand what is to be set on the table; but those who have laboured to prepare the feast like to keep their secret; for wonder makes the words of praise louder...

...Stand, Men of the West! Stand and wait! This is the hour of doom... ~ Gandalf the White, The Return of the King

#25 Azrael

Azrael

title available

• Project Team
  • 296 posts
  •  Progressing Modder

Posted 31 January 2007 - 07:28 PM

OK Azreal, what's your ideal lvl 8 power, or would you rather have be down to the modders?

I'm not really sure what you're saying *confused*. Anywho, I thought of another idea for Grimbeorn:
(adding to yours)

Rank 1:
Leadership ~ +75% Attack and +75% Combat Experience to nearby troops.

Rank 3:
Axe Throw ~ Throws an axe for a powerful ranged shot, knocking back the target.

Rank 5:
Shapeshift ~ Shapeshifts into a bear. (In bear form, he gains +25% Damage, but suffers -25% armour. He also gets a small AoE and knockback to his weapon.)

Rank 6:
Roar ~ Scares nearby enemies, making them flee. (Bear form only.)

Rank 9:
Wrath of Beorn ~ Grimbeorn's weapon gains a larger AoE and knockback and he does +200% Damage to all enemies. He can also trample enemies without loosing much momentum. (In human and Bear Form.)

Edited by Azrael, 31 January 2007 - 10:49 PM.

#26 Uruk King

Uruk King

Lore-abiding citizen

• Project Team
  • 1,673 posts

Posted 31 January 2007 - 09:20 PM

I like it Azreal, it's brilliant, you've come up with something i probably woudn't have thought of.
Anyway I've come up with some powers for Glorfindell that I hope you find better than BFME II's Glorfindell:

*lvl 1) Mount (self-explanetery)
*lvl 2) Noldor warrior (Glorfindel gains 90% armour and damage)
*lvl 4) Noro Lim Asfolath! (increases nearby cavalry speed by 60%)
*lvl 5) Leadership (100% damage and 50% armour to nearby allies)
*lvl 7) Elven Wisdom (Targeted Allies gain experience on a grand scale)

What do you think?

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Posted Image

#27 Alsch

Alsch

title available

• Project Team
  • 392 posts

Posted 31 January 2007 - 10:23 PM

It's pretty good, but I'm pretty sure that the staff have Glorfindel figured out by now.
92% of teens have moved onto rap. If you are part of the 8% that still listen to real music, copy and paste this into your signature

No, Jimmy Page is god.

#28 Azrael

Azrael

title available

• Project Team
  • 296 posts
  •  Progressing Modder

Posted 31 January 2007 - 10:47 PM

I like it Azreal, it's brilliant, you've come up with something i probably woudn't have thought of.
Anyway I've come up with some powers for Glorfindell that I hope you find better than BFME II's Glorfindell:

*lvl 1) Mount (self-explanetery)
*lvl 2) Noldor warrior (Glorfindel gains 90% armour and damage)
*lvl 4) Noro Lim Asfolath! (increases nearby cavalry speed by 60%)
*lvl 5) Leadership (100% damage and 50% armour to nearby allies)
*lvl 7) Elven Wisdom (Targeted Allies gain experience on a grand scale)

What do you think?

Anything would be better than BfMEII's Glorfindel :)

Your suggestion is good, but Glorfindel was the second most powerful Elf in Middle-Earth, second only to Galadriel (with Elrond in third. If I'm wrong on this, please correct me). So, I think he needs some more powerful abilities, so here's my suggestion:

Rank 1:
Mount/Dismount Asfaloth ~ Mounts or Dismounts a horse

Rank 2:
Noro Lim ~ Glows with a kind of 'twinkling' golden light, gains +50% Speed and his Trample is not slowed down by much, and he does knockback damage while trampling, for 30 seconds. (Mounted only.)

Rank 5:
Inner Light ~ Glorfindel glows with a dazzling bright, white light, and nearby enemies, even as strong as the Nazgul, flee and they lose 25% Damage and Armour. Nearby Hero's Passive-Healing doubles for 15 seconds.

Rank 7:
Demon Slayer ~ His sword glows with a white-blue fire, and Glorfindel deals up to 3000 points of damage, depending on how deadly your enemy is:

Human/Orc/Uruk-Hai/Goblin/Elf/Dwarf = 100 Damage
Warg = 250 Damage
Troll = 700 Damage
Hero = 1300 Damage
Mumakil = 1600 Damage
Nazgul = 2100 Damage
Witch-King = 2500 Damage
Balrog = 3000 Damage (But, the Balrog won't be in the mod, will it? Mordor doesn't have that power any more?)

Rank 10:
Light of the Noldor ~ Glorfindel glows with a bright light, and he then fires a few bolts of light at your enemy (all with some super amazing FX by Cahik ;)) that have a large AoE and knockback.

I don't even know if Noro Lim and Inner Light would be codeable. Oh well ;)

EDIT:

It's pretty good, but I'm pretty sure that the staff have Glorfindel figured out by now.

Nertea said to discuss the heroes' powers, so we are.

Edited by Azrael, 31 January 2007 - 10:48 PM.

#29 Canterbury

Canterbury

Master-at-Arms

• Members
  • 380 posts

Posted 31 January 2007 - 11:27 PM

Whoa, that demon slayer is quite strong, it be a waste to use it on a Human/Orc type unit because i assume a lvl 7 Hero can do 100 damage for an attack
Posted Image

#30 Azrael

Azrael

title available

• Project Team
  • 296 posts
  •  Progressing Modder

Posted 31 January 2007 - 11:31 PM

Whoa, that demon slayer is quite strong, it be a waste to use it on a Human/Orc type unit because i assume a lvl 7 Hero can do 100 damage for an attack

Whoops, I never thought of that :)

Edited by Azrael, 31 January 2007 - 11:31 PM.

#31 Celeglin

Celeglin

Silhouette of a Serenade

• Hosted
  • 2,468 posts
  • Projects:The Elven Alliance, Rhovanion Alliance
  •  T3A Team Chamber Member

Posted 01 February 2007 - 04:45 AM

Rank 10:
Light of the Noldor ~ Glorfindel glows with a bright light, and he then fires a few bolts of light at your enemy (all with some super amazing FX by Cahik :)) that have a large AoE and knockback.

Way to steal Glorfindel's "Light of the Noldor" ability from the Elven Alliance exactly. ;)

Posted Image
Posted Image

#32 Olorin

Olorin

Mithrandir

• Members
  • 1,579 posts

Posted 01 February 2007 - 05:25 AM

Something other than Light of the Noldor is required there (mostly because it's Celeglin's :)), something a bit more damaging. Is Glorfindel Mirkwood's most powerful hero (including mini-factions)?
Posted Image

...The Journey doesn't end here; death is just another path, one that we all must take. The grey rain curtain of this world rolls back, and all turns to silver glass. And then you see it. White shores...and beyond. A far green country, under a swift sunrise...

...Many folk like to know beforehand what is to be set on the table; but those who have laboured to prepare the feast like to keep their secret; for wonder makes the words of praise louder...

...Stand, Men of the West! Stand and wait! This is the hour of doom... ~ Gandalf the White, The Return of the King

#33 Uruk King

Uruk King

Lore-abiding citizen

• Project Team
  • 1,673 posts

Posted 01 February 2007 - 05:54 AM

Something other than Light of the Noldor is required there (mostly because it's Celeglin's ;)), something a bit more damaging. Is Glorfindel Mirkwood's most powerful hero (including mini-factions)?

We think so, but Celeborn and Thranduil are supposedly very powerful late-game heroes,
And your Light of the Noldor and Demon Slayer powers, Azreal, sound immense, makes Aragorn look like Frodo. :) And overall brilliant! ;)

Posted Image

#34 Bard

Bard

Wordsmith, Penman and Scribbler

• Project Team
  • 264 posts
  • Projects:Rhovanion Alliance
  •  Rhovanion Alliance Writer

Posted 01 February 2007 - 09:25 AM

Balrog = 3000 Damage (But, the Balrog won't be in the mod, will it? Mordor doesn't have that power any more?)

No, but Isengard still does.
Posted Image

The beginning of knowledge is the discovery of something we do not understand.

#35 Olorin

Olorin

Mithrandir

• Members
  • 1,579 posts

Posted 01 February 2007 - 09:48 AM

Isengard as in the faction? Or one of its mini-factions?
Posted Image

#36 cahik_

cahik_

Sage engine ruler

• Project Team
  • 1,896 posts
  • Projects:Rhovanion Alliance
  •  T3A Team Chamber Member and Crazy animator

Posted 01 February 2007 - 10:16 AM

isen has Balrog as one of spells

Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image

#37 Durin The Deathless

Durin The Deathless
  • Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 01 February 2007 - 02:55 PM

We think so, but Celeborn and Thranduil are supposedly very powerful late-game heroes,
And your Light of the Noldor and Demon Slayer powers, Azreal, sound immense, makes Aragorn look like Frodo. ;) And overall brilliant! :grin:

He's supposed to, he was the second most powerful elf in the world. That demon slayer power suggested would probably be very hard to script, but I suggest that it just be an instant kill against the balrog, harsh as it sounds, he did do it in the first age. (Yes it is the same Glorfindel, I researched that for days).

#38 Uruk King

Uruk King

Lore-abiding citizen

• Project Team
  • 1,673 posts

Posted 01 February 2007 - 05:16 PM

I thought Elrond was the second most powerful elf in the world, and that Glorfindel was different from the one in the First Age and that he was just Elrond's best warrior, now I see why the mod team didn't add Elrond, because Glorfindel was more powerful. I personally like Azreal's power suggestions for Glorfindel but the Demon-Slayer power sounds a bit too tough to code

Now I've just come up with some pwer suggestions for the original character Madril:

*lvl 1) Toggle Bow and Sword
*lvl 2) Longshot (similar to Faramir's Wounding Arrow ability)
*lvl 4) Watchful Eyes (Madril's vision is temporarily increased by 50%)
*lvl 7) Marksmanship (Madril's Arrow damage is increased by 60% for 30 secs)

Like it?

Posted Image

#39 Ecthelion

Ecthelion
  • Members
  • 65 posts

Posted 01 February 2007 - 06:19 PM

I really liked Celeglin's sacrifice idea which I think has been abandoned in Elven alliance.

Being able tokill a balrog as an ultimate would seem very unbalanced considering only Isengard has a balrog and its through a power, whilst all other powers on all heroes affect all factions. Moreover Glorfindel died whilst killing the balrog to whom you keep referring, therefore such a power would not really be suitable.
Thus, I recommend something based on sacrifice. Glorfindel can instantly kill any unit or hero, but also killing himself.

Would prove incredibly useful near death and ensure that he would be equally effective against all factions,

Ecthelion

#40 Uruk King

Uruk King

Lore-abiding citizen

• Project Team
  • 1,673 posts

Posted 01 February 2007 - 08:53 PM

I really think it would be stupid to give Glorfindel your Sacrifice power, you'd have to keep resurrecting him so you might as well drop it like you did in elven alliance.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users