Azrael

title available

• Project Team
  • 296 posts
  • Projects:My Unnamed Mod
  •  Progressing Modder

Posted 01 February 2007 - 09:09 PM

Rank 10:
Light of the Noldor ~ Glorfindel glows with a bright light, and he then fires a few bolts of light at your enemy (all with some super amazing FX by Cahik :grin:) that have a large AoE and knockback.

Way to steal Glorfindel's "Light of the Noldor" ability from the Elven Alliance exactly. :)

;) Really? Sorry about that, Celeglin.

EDIT:
It would actually be really easy to code the damage-change for Demon Slayer. It's just adding a few lines of code to do with "DamageScalar" in weapon.ini ;)

Edited by Azrael, 01 February 2007 - 09:17 PM.

#42 Canterbury

Canterbury

Master-at-Arms

• Members
  • 380 posts

Posted 01 February 2007 - 10:09 PM

For madril, i was thinking he would have Defense Leadership, Cloak, Toggle Weapon, and A skill called Faramir's Aid, where he teleports to Faramir
Posted Image

#43 m@tt

m@tt

#######

• Project Team
  • 4,056 posts
  • Projects:The Dwarf Holds
  •  T3A Chamber Member

Posted 01 February 2007 - 10:23 PM

Would have a teleport. Instead I'd have a bonus when near Faramir. Nothing special, but he is only a minor hero

Edited by mh_gollum, 03 February 2007 - 09:14 AM.

Posted Image

#44 Azrael

Azrael

title available

• Project Team
  • 296 posts
  •  Progressing Modder

Posted 01 February 2007 - 10:24 PM

mh_gollum, why do your posts double-up? :dry:

#45 Alsch

Alsch

title available

• Project Team
  • 392 posts

Posted 01 February 2007 - 10:36 PM

I think he keeps double-clicking the add reply button.
92% of teens have moved onto rap. If you are part of the 8% that still listen to real music, copy and paste this into your signature

No, Jimmy Page is god.

#46 Canterbury

Canterbury

Master-at-Arms

• Members
  • 380 posts

Posted 02 February 2007 - 12:04 AM

I think Grima should have a spell where he takes out his dagger, and continuously stabs the target until the target dies. However, once you cast the spell, you will lose control of Grima until he kills the target, or the enemy kills Grima first. His armor would be -100% during the process.
Posted Image

#47 adummy

adummy

Keep it Clean!

• Project Team
  • 1,760 posts

Posted 02 February 2007 - 01:42 AM

- glorfindel's power was not exactly the same way Ecthelion told it. it actually just damage the hero and glorfindel the same damage (about the same as istar light). but what if used against the Balrog and ONLY the balrog, it would do x9999999 damage, thus killing Glorfindel and the Balrog. It was cut because it wasnt damaging glorfindel right (glorfindel didnt lost the exact same amount of health against the balrog as any other hero and it normally wouldnt take him yellow) and cel couldnt get it working right.
- Grima's power sounds like a stupid suicide mission. If grima just instally killed the hero or did at least good damage, would make it better. As this way, all you have to do is send Gandalf or other mounted hero, get Grima to do it, send the hero right back to your base, and grima will just keep following him until one of them dies, and if microed right, your enemy could take away your Grima for the rest of the map by getting him stuck with a glitch :dry:
Posted Image

#48 Uruk King

Uruk King

Lore-abiding citizen

• Project Team
  • 1,673 posts

Posted 02 February 2007 - 07:19 AM

For madril, i was thinking he would have Defense Leadership, Cloak, Toggle Weapon, and A skill called Faramir's Aid, where he teleports to Faramir

OK fine by me but I'm not so sure about a teleport power cuz it would be tough to code and it would be rather a strange thing to give to a gondor hero. and Canterbury we shouldn't really be thinking about Wormtongue's hero powers yet because the mod team might have already decided on him by now, if not then it would be alright to discuss his powers

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
I will remember Rhovanion Alliance, RIP .

Posted Image

#49 Bard

Bard

Wordsmith, Penman and Scribbler

• Project Team
  • 264 posts
  • Projects:Rhovanion Alliance
  •  Rhovanion Alliance Writer

Posted 02 February 2007 - 08:03 AM

The RA staff doesn't mind discussions about hero abilities we have already thought of. If your ideas are good, they may still be taken into consideration.

Please, continue :dry:

Edited by Bard, 02 February 2007 - 08:03 AM.

Posted Image

The beginning of knowledge is the discovery of something we do not understand.

#50 Uruk King

Uruk King

Lore-abiding citizen

• Project Team
  • 1,673 posts

Posted 02 February 2007 - 10:31 AM

The RA staff doesn't mind discussions about hero abilities we have already thought of. If your ideas are good, they may still be taken into consideration.

Please, continue :dry:

thank you :shiftee:

- - - - - - - - - - - - -

Posted Image

#51 hdh7

hdh7

some random guy

• Members
  • 263 posts

Posted 02 February 2007 - 02:26 PM

I have a question. will minifaction units/heros get new powers as they level up or will they have all their powers to begin with
92% of teens have moved onto rap. If you are part of the 8% that still listen to real music, copy and paste this into your signature. ROCK ON!!!

I would like to publicy anounce that I'm totaly insane.

I'm the little man living in your ceiling fan. I like it up here.

#52 ched

ched

• Undead
  • 4,431 posts
  • Projects:Rhovanion Alliance
  •  T3A Team Chamber Member
  • Division:BFME
  • Job:Previous Division Leader

Posted 02 February 2007 - 02:58 PM

they gain experience just like regular heroes do, and some of their abilities are only enabled upon reaching a certain level.
Software is like sex; it's better when it's free ~Linus Torvald

#53 kennethain

kennethain

quoth the raven, "nevermore"

• Project Team
  • 158 posts
  • Projects:life.
  •  RA beta rabble

Posted 02 February 2007 - 04:52 PM

I didn't get an answer in ask the modders but I suppose this is a better topic to ask: have you done away with the idea to give Aragorn a bow/sword toggle? Or if he had it until he is given his new skin at whatever level you decide to do that (whatever it may be) if that is even possible and then gets the "Elendil" power as shown in the renders.
the dude abides.

#54 Dain Ironfoot

Dain Ironfoot

No sex please, we're Dwarves

• Hosted
  • 1,655 posts
  • Projects:The Peninsular War
  •  I aten't dead.

Posted 02 February 2007 - 05:05 PM

He has a bow and stealth pre-armour upgrade and a mount afterwards.

Dain: Arr Nertea: yarrrr Dain: haharrrr Nertea: graaawwwr Dain: oaaaaaaaarr Nertea: .... honk?

#55 Azrael

Azrael

title available

• Project Team
  • 296 posts
  •  Progressing Modder

Posted 02 February 2007 - 06:02 PM

I was looking at the icons for Elladan and Elrohir's powers and decided to try and guess what they were. Although, these aren't in the same order they are on the render of the heroes:

Elladan

Level 1 ~ A leadership bonus when near his brother
Level 3 ~ A powerful blow with his sword, possibly dealing fire and knockback damage
Level 4 ~ A horse mount
Level 6 ~ A +50% armour bonus
Level 9 ~ A Blademaster-esque ability with a huge bonus, that is only usable when near his brother and they use the ability at the same time.

Elrohir

Exactly the same as Elladan, exept:
Level 3 ~ A powerful blow with his twin swords, possibly dealing knockback damage and fires a watery FX.

#56 m@tt

m@tt

#######

• Project Team
  • 4,056 posts
  • Projects:The Dwarf Holds
  •  T3A Chamber Member

Posted 03 February 2007 - 09:10 AM

mh_gollum, why do your posts double-up? :)

My Wireless Internet loves to disconnect itself, so I have to stop and resubmit and it takes it as a double post
Posted Image

#57 Uruk King

Uruk King

Lore-abiding citizen

• Project Team
  • 1,673 posts

Posted 03 February 2007 - 09:57 AM

So, I've been Examining some of the Nazgul and trying to fingure out what powers they have, but now I think I have them Figured

All of the Nazgul, Save for the Witch-King and Khamul have 3 powers in common:

*lvl 1) screech
*lvl 2/3) Red Eye, (possibly similar to Blademaster? I dunno)
*lvl 4/5) Evil leadership

the Nazgul of Mordor and Morgul can mount Fellbeasts, the Nazgul of Dol Guldur and Rhun Have horses. Now each of the other Nazgul have one unique power which they aquire at higher levels.

* Decsend) for the Nazgul of Mordor, (the Fellbeast can fight on the Ground).
* Haste of the Nine) for the Nazgul of Dol Guldur, (inceases nearby cavalry speed).
* Black Breath) for the Nazgul of Morgul, (High level damage attack, cripples enemy).
* Rhun Leader?) for the Nazgul of Rhun, (grants veterancy to the Easterlings).

I hope my guess is close, But do you like it?

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Edited by Uruk King, 03 February 2007 - 02:31 PM.

Posted Image

#58 Alsch

Alsch

title available

• Project Team
  • 392 posts

Posted 03 February 2007 - 05:16 PM

If you're right then Nazgul are going to rule even more than I thought they would. In a VERY good way.
92% of teens have moved onto rap. If you are part of the 8% that still listen to real music, copy and paste this into your signature

No, Jimmy Page is god.

#59 Olorin

Olorin

Mithrandir

• Members
  • 1,579 posts
  •  That wandering conjuror...

Posted 04 February 2007 - 12:48 AM

Well the Nazgul that EA created for B4ME were just plain crap in terms of depth (in no. II they were alright). I especially like the Haste of the Nine ability.
Posted Image

...The Journey doesn't end here; death is just another path, one that we all must take. The grey rain curtain of this world rolls back, and all turns to silver glass. And then you see it. White shores...and beyond. A far green country, under a swift sunrise...

...Many folk like to know beforehand what is to be set on the table; but those who have laboured to prepare the feast like to keep their secret; for wonder makes the words of praise louder...

...Stand, Men of the West! Stand and wait! This is the hour of doom... ~ Gandalf the White, The Return of the King

#60 Alsch

Alsch

title available

• Project Team
  • 392 posts

Posted 04 February 2007 - 12:49 AM

Very true about the original Nazgul. I hated them. The lack of fun heroes made Mordor kind of boring to play as.

And about the Nazgul, about how many of them do you think each of the four Mordor (mini)factions will get? To rephrase that, how do you think the nine will be dispersed among them?

Edited by Alsch, 04 February 2007 - 12:55 AM.

No, Jimmy Page is god.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users