new hero powers

• Please log in to reply
637 replies to this topic

#81 Ecthelion

Ecthelion
  • Members
  • 65 posts

Posted 05 February 2007 - 05:01 PM

Something to do with Sauron's eye? Maybe making them move much faster ?

#82 Azrael

Azrael

title available

• Project Team
  • 296 posts
  • Projects:My Unnamed Mod
  •  Progressing Modder

Posted 05 February 2007 - 05:32 PM

Lauri, I already knew the Witch-King was a Nazgul, hence why I said:

That's weird, I counted it before and I got nine :blink: Just take one off of Dol-Guldur :p

"The Haste of the Nine" is a confirmed Nazgul power (check out the Mordor Gallery). I think Khamul might have a sand-type power, not sure though, the icon is too small to tell what it is.

#83 Durin The Deathless

Durin The Deathless
  • Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 06 February 2007 - 03:40 AM

Will the Nazgul Screech power be improved? All you have to do to negate it is get banner carrier, also it should work on the small heroes like hobbits.

#84 Olorin

Olorin

Mithrandir

• Members
  • 1,579 posts
  •  That wandering conjuror...

Posted 06 February 2007 - 05:11 AM

Please tell me it's going to be, that was one of my favourite powers. (if it isn't, do it for your old friend Olorin! :) :p)
Posted Image

...The Journey doesn't end here; death is just another path, one that we all must take. The grey rain curtain of this world rolls back, and all turns to silver glass. And then you see it. White shores...and beyond. A far green country, under a swift sunrise...

...Many folk like to know beforehand what is to be set on the table; but those who have laboured to prepare the feast like to keep their secret; for wonder makes the words of praise louder...

...Stand, Men of the West! Stand and wait! This is the hour of doom... ~ Gandalf the White, The Return of the King

#85 Uruk King

Uruk King

Lore-abiding citizen

• Project Team
  • 1,673 posts

Posted 06 February 2007 - 06:53 PM

Sticking to the subject of Mordor, I think I have figured out some hero powers for the Mouth of Sauron and Shagrat:

Mouth of Sauron:

*lvl 1) Foul speech (weakens targeted enemies)
*lvl 1) Mount Horse
*lvl 4) Leadership (grants Damage and Experience to nearby allies)
*lvl 5) Summon the Retinue (Summons a company of Mounted soldiers to protect him)
*lvl 7) Lieutenant of Barad-dur (targeted allies gain experience)
*lvl 10) Black Speech curse (all enemies around him are imobile and unable to attack)

Shagrat:

*lvl 1) Leadership
*lvl 3) Great loyalty (Shagrat gains an armour increase whn fighting near Mordor structures)
*lvl 5) Call the Lads! (Shagrat is able to summon Uruk-hai rienforcements)

I hope these possible powers for Shagrat and the Mouth of Sauron are feasable enough but are they right?

-----------------------
I will remember Rhovanion Alliance, RIP .

Posted Image

#86 Nertea

Nertea

...lo sa raptor!

• Hosted
  • 3,349 posts
  • Projects:Star Villains and Space heroes, The Dwarf Holds
  •  T3A Chamber Member
  • Division:BFME/Unity

Posted 06 February 2007 - 09:56 PM

Sticking to the subject of Mordor, I think I have figured out some hero powers for the Mouth of Sauron and Shagrat:

Mouth of Sauron:

*lvl 1) Mount Horse
*lvl 5) Summon the Retinue (Summons a company of Mounted soldiers to protect him)
*lvl 10) Black Speech curse (all enemies around him are imobile and unable to attack)

Shagrat:

*lvl 1) Leadership
*lvl 3) Great loyalty (Shagrat gains an armour increase whn fighting near Mordor structures)

I hope these possible powers for Shagrat and the Mouth of Sauron are feasable enough but are they right?

-----------------------

*narrows eyes* rather too right...

sig.png
I really don't do requests and my Arnor Soldier is not fit for BFME. Don't ask me for either.

#87 Alsch

Alsch

title available

• Project Team
  • 392 posts

Posted 06 February 2007 - 09:58 PM

Ha. That's pretty funny. He probably checked out the icons of the powers that you guys have shown us. Can we ask what isn't right?

Edited by Alsch, 06 February 2007 - 10:00 PM.

92% of teens have moved onto rap. If you are part of the 8% that still listen to real music, copy and paste this into your signature

No, Jimmy Page is god.

#88 Nertea

Nertea

...lo sa raptor!

• Hosted
  • 3,349 posts
  • Projects:Star Villains and Space heroes, The Dwarf Holds
  •  T3A Chamber Member
  • Division:BFME/Unity

Posted 06 February 2007 - 11:49 PM

All the names are wrong, but only Leadership is completely wrong. The effects for everything else are dead on.

sig.png
I really don't do requests and my Arnor Soldier is not fit for BFME. Don't ask me for either.

#89 Alsch

Alsch

title available

• Project Team
  • 392 posts

Posted 06 February 2007 - 11:57 PM

Holy cow! Good job Uruk King.

Will the Nazgul Screech power be improved? All you have to do to negate it is get banner carrier, also it should work on the small heroes like hobbits.

I would think that it could be improved, but not too much. Look at it this way: before there were only 3 nazgul, and now that there will be 9, we can't have the power be too strong. Imagine if all of them used it at the same time. Just about nothing could stand up to that, even a fully upgraded army of fire-arrow wielding archers.

Edited by Alsch, 06 February 2007 - 11:58 PM.

92% of teens have moved onto rap. If you are part of the 8% that still listen to real music, copy and paste this into your signature

No, Jimmy Page is god.

#90 Canterbury

Canterbury

Master-at-Arms

• Members
  • 380 posts

Posted 07 February 2007 - 12:09 AM

If there are 9 Nazgul, then how much will they cost? If the skills arent good because there are 9, then wouldnt they be cheaper? If they still cost alot, then whats the point of having all the Nazguls at once, which means you would have a few nazguls with weaker skills. Even i confused myself
Posted Image

#91 Alsch

Alsch

title available

• Project Team
  • 392 posts

Posted 07 February 2007 - 01:00 AM

Well, the skills the new nazguls have blow the doors off of the old ones.

No, Jimmy Page is god.

#92 Olorin

Olorin

Mithrandir

• Members
  • 1,579 posts

Posted 07 February 2007 - 06:13 AM

Mouth of Sauron:

*lvl 1) Mount Horse

Shagrat:

*lvl 1) Leadership

Very nice ideas, though the Mouth of Sauron still needs a 'Wormtongue' ability in my opinion. And well done on the guessing, even though the names were incorrect.

If there are 9 Nazgul, then how much will they cost? If the skills arent good because there are 9, then wouldnt they be cheaper? If they still cost alot, then whats the point of having all the Nazguls at once, which means you would have a few nazguls with weaker skills. Even i confused myself

Well, each of the Nazgul have different abilities according to their respective (mini) faction, and they also help other mini-factions, e.g. the Nazgul of Dol Guldur have the 'Haste of the Nine' ability which enhances nearby ally cavalry speed, and the only proper cavalry that Mordor has are from Minas Morgul. So in the end it all makes sense.

Well, the skills the new nazguls have blow the doors off of the old ones.

Definately.
Posted Image

...The Journey doesn't end here; death is just another path, one that we all must take. The grey rain curtain of this world rolls back, and all turns to silver glass. And then you see it. White shores...and beyond. A far green country, under a swift sunrise...

...Many folk like to know beforehand what is to be set on the table; but those who have laboured to prepare the feast like to keep their secret; for wonder makes the words of praise louder...

...Stand, Men of the West! Stand and wait! This is the hour of doom... ~ Gandalf the White, The Return of the King

#93 Bard

Bard

Wordsmith, Penman and Scribbler

• Project Team
  • 264 posts
  • Projects:Rhovanion Alliance
  •  Rhovanion Alliance Writer

Posted 07 February 2007 - 06:47 AM

Mouth of Sauron:

*lvl 1) Mount Horse

Shagrat:

*lvl 1) Leadership

....He's good..... :D
Posted Image

The beginning of knowledge is the discovery of something we do not understand.

#94 Olorin

Olorin

Mithrandir

• Members
  • 1,579 posts

Posted 07 February 2007 - 06:54 AM

^^He's surprised all of us. Again, very good work Uruk King. :D
Posted Image

#95 Canterbury

Canterbury

Master-at-Arms

• Members
  • 380 posts

Posted 07 February 2007 - 07:12 PM

So what im hearing is that different Nazguls will be used when they are needed in a situation? If thats the case then it pretty much clears things up.
Posted Image

#96 Lauri

Lauri

Old man Lauri

• Hosted
  • 10,436 posts
  • Projects:The 4th Age
  •  The very worst T3A Team Chamber Member

Posted 07 February 2007 - 07:55 PM

yup, its nice to see that one mod finaly does a good Nazzi thing :p Usually it's "I'm having 9 Nazguls in my mod" and there you go, 8 clones, and another one called Witch King, wich has another power :D

T4A_Logo_-_article.png

The 4th Age version 0.8 has been released: Link

#97 Uruk King

Uruk King

Lore-abiding citizen

• Project Team
  • 1,673 posts

Posted 07 February 2007 - 08:23 PM

Now I think I've figured out the special powers for the remaining Mordor heroes, with the exception of Mollock, now these are only guesses so they may not be as acurate as the Mouth of Sauron and Shagrat.

the Witch-king of Angmar:

*lvl 1) Mount horse
*lvl 2) Fell screech (Much worse than the other Nazgul screeches and lasts longer)
*lvl 4) Mighty Flail (knocks back enemy units)
*lvl 5) Morgul Blade (Deals High level damage to enemy heroes)
*lvl 8) Mount Fellbeast
*lvl 10) Hour of the Witch-King (all enemy Hero powers are reset)

Gothmog:

*lvl 1) Morgul Leader (grants leadership to Nearby Morgul Forces)
*lvl 3) Mount Warg
*lvl 5) Fury (Similar to Lurtz's carnage)
*lvl 10) Siege Master (All seige weapons are faster and more effective)

Gorbag:

*lvl 1) Kick (deals moderate damage to enemy units)
*lvl 3) Stealth (Gorbag becomes stealthed and gains High speed temporarily)
*lvl 5) Crack the Whip (targeted units gain moderate veterancy)
*lvl 7) Pillage

Khamul:

*lvl 1) Screech
*lvl 2) Mount Horse
*lvl 4) Rhun Leader (Grants Leadership to Easterling)
*lvl 7) Dust Cloud (Targeted Enemies loose thei vision for a short time)
*lvl 10) Shadow of Fear (Khamul deals high damage to enemy heroes)

And That's it

-----------------------------
I will remember Rhovanion Alliance, RIP .

Posted Image

#98 ched

ched

• Undead
  • 4,431 posts
  • Projects:Rhovanion Alliance
  •  T3A Team Chamber Member
  • Division:BFME
  • Job:Previous Division Leader

Posted 07 February 2007 - 08:29 PM

now these are only guesses so they may not be as acurate as the Mouth of Sauron and Shagrat.

you do know that this implies that MoS and Shagrat were not guesses :)
Software is like sex; it's better when it's free ~Linus Torvald

#99 Lauri

Lauri

Old man Lauri

• Hosted
  • 10,436 posts
  • Projects:The 4th Age
  •  The very worst T3A Team Chamber Member

Posted 07 February 2007 - 09:32 PM

Personally, I hate the Hour of the Witch King ability.... You don't gain much on at, and it's booring.... secondly, the way you put it, it gives the enemy a huge advantage :)

*lvl 10) Hour of the Witch-King (all enemy Hero powers are reset)
by Reset, I do hope you mean that their set to "Just used"? :rolleyes: ;)

T4A_Logo_-_article.png

The 4th Age version 0.8 has been released: Link

#100 Alsch

Alsch

title available

• Project Team
  • 392 posts

Posted 07 February 2007 - 10:53 PM

Yes, that is what he meant.

No, Jimmy Page is god.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users