Horse Rigging: The Bare Basics
Posted 28 January 2007 - 11:52 PM
First, make a wwskin that contains only the horse bones (usually identified with H). No need to get the Rider bones mixed up here. Next, autolink everything. Now onto the things that should be specifically rigged.
1) Select using the box in the image as a guide. Link these bones to HSPINE1.
2) Select using the box in the image as a guide. Link these to HCLAVL.
3) Deselect this vertex. Link the rest to HCLAVR.
4) Select using the box in the image as a guide. Link these bones to HBLHAUNCH.
5) Deselect this vertex. Link the rest to HBRHAUNCH.
6) Link this vertex to HHIPL.
7) Link these vertices to HTAIL3.
Those are the ucky parts (for the most part). You may experience some issues with the backs of the front legs, but they never turn up ingame. The base of the tail (where it attaches to the rump) may also get a little messed up in certain animations; but again, not noticable.
Posted 29 January 2007 - 10:59 AM
Posted 29 January 2007 - 03:32 PM
"The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides
By the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men.
Blessed is he who, in the name of charity and good will,
Shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness,
For he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children.
And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger
Those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers.
And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon you."
Posted 29 January 2007 - 04:08 PM
Posted 29 January 2007 - 06:35 PM
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users