101 replies to this topic

#1 Deathblow Luc

Deathblow Luc

Unique

• Undead
  • 3,768 posts
  • Division:Ex - Network Leader

Posted 21 May 2003 - 06:08 PM

In the pic below, you will notice what RA2 looked like before. Many may have not seen this pic but modders, and if you check out the details, you will see how several graphics and effects were better in pre-release than in final version. Just to name the obvious:

- Pre-release Sentry Gun was a SHP rotation and not a sucky voxel
- Nighthawk with better model and normals
- Pre release allied light tank, this one was made after wards by T34 Sam with little success. Id actually like to see this one on my hands sometime in a better stance. I might as well give a shot on making it
- Pre release (actually placeholder) Apoc. This one was done a year ago but with not good results. Its effective that ill some day make it.
- Pre release Nuclear Reactor
- Pre release Nuclear Missile
- Pre release Clonning Vats
- Pre release Barrels (which im also gonna restore)
- Pre release Tesla Coil (restored by Comrade, download available at Sleipnirs)
- Pre release War Factory
- Pre release V3 Launcher (restored by HighGround, available at RA2 Rescen)
- Pre release Radar
- Pre release Iron Curtain
- Pre release Lab (the one DZ, Moo and Blade restored)
- Previous Hornet missile effect
- Previous Dolphin effect (agree it looked damn good compared to the sucky RA2 1.00 one)
- Previous Yuri MC Link (again, fascinating)
- Previous lighting effects (No cell interferance, or squaring)
- Pre release Corscrew Transport
- Pre release Allied Refinery
- Pre release turret
- Pre release Conscript (brighter)
- Pre release Allied War Factory
- Pre release Allied Barracks
- Pre release COW!
- Pre release Allied Power Plant
- Pre release engineer (brown dressing, green suitcase)
- Pre release Gap Gen
- Pre release trees (Yeah believe it or not some of those are not in the game)
- Pre release apocs are coming from a tunnel, thus game was planned to have tunnels sometime.
- Pre release rocks
- Pre release Soviet Refinery
- Pre release Soviet Barracks
- Pre release Soviet Con Yard

Pic is here

Now agree...RA2 looked really good before....just some effects cut for requirements...hmm...id have liked it more with the effects to be honest...

Margret Thatcher - Fenring's the one for me

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

#2 Beowulf

Beowulf

Shipgirl

• Advisors
  • 7,219 posts
  •  Azur Lane Fangirl

Posted 21 May 2003 - 06:13 PM

I've seen that before. Hell, I even have it on my hard drive. I really like the way RA2 looked before. The buildings look better IMO. I wish some people would make a true prerelease mod where evrything looks like that, buildings wise I mean.

The Yuri mind control anim is truly awesome that way and I think the Iron Curtain looks so much better. spidey should make the entire prerelease set. That would be hella sweet......!

EDIT: Don't forget the prerelease Psychic Sensor, Allied Power Plant and War Miner.

EDIT2: There's prerelease Soviet walls in one of the pics at CnC Series.

NZ.org | BBPCG
Discord: The Astronomer#1314
Steam

#3 Ash

Ash

Foxtrot Oscar.

• Undead
  • 15,526 posts
  • Projects:Robot Storm
  •  Keep calm and carry on.

Posted 25 May 2003 - 11:11 AM

[quote]
- Pre-release Sentry Gun was a SHP rotation and not a sucky voxel[/quote]
I gotta agree, this looks miles better. But it could still be a voxel...
[quote]- Nighthawk with better model and normals[/quote]
I can't personally see much difference, apart from that the tail boom looks wrong. Looks a bit cartoony here
[quote]- Pre release allied light tank[/quote]
This voxel appears to have been later used for the Tank Destroyer. If it was not made by WW, i'd say it's a smallish attempt at a replacement TD.
[quote]- Pre release (actually placeholder) Apoc. This one was done a year ago but with not good results.[/quote] I'll say. The Apoc they used was ten times as good.
[quote]- Pre release Nuclear Reactor[/quote] all it needs is detail.
[quote]- Pre release Nuclear Missile[/quote] I like how it folds around right now, but they just edited what they have there to achieve that effect.
[quote]- Pre release Clonning Vats[/quote] They only edited the colour of the genetic fluid.
[quote]- Pre release Barrels (which im also gonna restore)[/quote] They look just like an Arctic version of the current barrels
[quote]- Pre release Tesla Coil (restored by Comrade, download available at Sleipnirs)[/quote] Heyo, darlin' Now this looks fking good. Miles better than the 'Xmas Tree'
[quote]- Pre release War Factory[/quote] All this needs is detail, and facing the correct way (NW-SE as opposed to its current NE-SW facing)
[quote]- Pre release V3 Launcher (restored by HighGround, available at RA2 Rescen)[/quote] The difference here being?
[quote]- Pre release Radar[/quote] Now this i do love. They shoulda used that one.
[quote]- Pre release Iron Curtain[/quote] I kinda like the current version of this :( Still looks good tho
[quote]- Pre release Lab (the one DZ, Moo and Blade restored)[/quote] I'd say this is more an Allied-style building as opposed to Soviet. The current Sov Battle Lab is okay. Call it an Allied Lab :p
[quote]- Previous Hornet missile effect[/quote] Sweet! Shame it only fires one...
[quote]- Previous Dolphin effect (agree it looked damn good compared to the sucky RA2 1.00 one)[/quote] FKING ACE!
[quote]- Previous Yuri MC Link (again, fascinating)[/quote] As above!
[quote]- Previous lighting effects (No cell interferance, or squaring)[/quote] Maybe it's my untrained eye, but...
[quote]- Pre release Corscrew Transport[/quote] Would that happen to be the Amphib Transport that all those Conscripts are piling out of? If so, it reminds me of the Renegade Nod APC for some reason.
[quote]- Pre release Allied Refinery[/quote] This I like. Would like to see the build up :p
[quote]- Pre release turret[/quote] Someone actually re-did this one. Somewhere...
[quote]- Pre release Conscript (brighter)[/quote The angle infantry are shown at here is different than the angle vehicles are. Infantry are more top-down. They appear brighter and more stunted.
[quote]- Pre release Allied War Factory[/quote] Ugh, that needs a LOT of editing...
[quote]- Pre release Allied Barracks[/quote] Only diff I can see her is that the Arctic version needs editing and making look better.
[quote]- Pre release COW![/quote] LOL!
[quote]- Pre release Allied Power Plant[/quote] Not much has changed apart from a little flattening on the sides.
[quote]- Pre release engineer (brown dressing, green suitcase)[/quote] plus he looks more cartoony.
[quote]- Pre release Gap Gen[/quote] No wonder they altered it...
[quote]- Pre release trees (Yeah believe it or not some of those are not in the game)[/quote] Wha? They all look the bloody same!
[quote]- Pre release apocs are coming from a tunnel, thus game was planned to have tunnels sometime.[/quote] Tunnels is still somewhat possible. The Apoc looks better as is :)
[quote]- Pre release rocks[/quote] Something's wrong with your eyes. They're too observant...
[quote]- Pre release Soviet Refinery[/quote] That r0x0rs!
[quote]- Pre release Soviet Barracks[/quote] I don't really like the doorways. I prefer the current.
[quote]- Pre release Soviet Con Yard[/quote] The difference being? All i can see is it's the current version but not neat enough, so they neatened it up.

[quote]prerelease Psychic Sensor[/quote] Ahem, that's the same one as is currently used...

[quote]War Miner.[/quote] But why do Allies have it?

Also, Pre-release Soviet Naval Yard. This does look better than current version. (it's taller off the water)

RA2 did look cool then. Just needed some neatening here and there. I'd actually, despite some of my points saying it looked a bit bad in places, like someone to actually revive everything to its pre-release state (with some minor adjustments, that Apoc and Allied War Fac looks God-Awful!)

#4 Tratos

Tratos

title available

• Project Team
  • 562 posts

Posted 25 May 2003 - 11:39 AM

It looks better because WW appear to be using openGL or other to draw there graphics.
Posted Image

#5 spider-man_2099

spider-man_2099

title available

• Members
  • 369 posts

Posted 10 June 2003 - 06:10 PM

dunno arg, the only things I see worth doing here, are the sentry gun, the tesla coil, dolphin effect, Yuri MC effect, the hornet missle and the muzzle flash with no stupid projectile, other than that, current stuff is better :lol:
Posted Image

#6 Deathblow Luc

Deathblow Luc

Unique

• Undead
  • 3,768 posts

Posted 11 June 2003 - 06:00 AM

Things are more bright because of OpenGL, true...but the Allied tank and the test apoc are nice enough IMO. The Tesla Coil was restored, the sentry gun is impossible to restore because it was a SHP rotation.
Missiles, its matter of redoing the animations (tedious...)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

#7 spider-man_2099

spider-man_2099

title available

• Members
  • 369 posts

Posted 11 June 2003 - 08:24 AM

well, I saw the restored tesla, not good enough for me, me redo :D
me like sentry, me do :)
me like can't do hornet, dolphin and MC effect, me can't do
there ya go 8)
BUT, IMO apoc and light tank SUCK, lol, light tank is only a textured small destroyer :lol: , apoc is an ugly remapable mammoth tank :)
Posted Image

#8 Allied General

Allied General

C&C Guild

• Hosted
  • 6,922 posts
  • Projects:AGSA
  •  Modder

Posted 18 June 2003 - 09:51 AM

Seen it b4 but yeah I miss the pre-release day's, the excitment was like opening Xmas presents :p Pre-release brown cow cool.
Posted Image

#9 Major_Gilbear

Major_Gilbear

God-Emperor of Dune

• Members
  • 1,745 posts

Posted 19 September 2003 - 02:34 PM

Sorry to bump such an old topic... but are there any more screens like this one of pre-release RA2? I loved this one, and haven't seen it before...:roll:

:lol: thanks in advance

#10 Beowulf

Beowulf

Shipgirl

• Advisors
  • 7,219 posts
  •  Azur Lane Fangirl

Posted 09 October 2003 - 01:56 PM

Here ya go Gilbear. :D

Pic 1
Pic 2
Pic 3
Pic 4

NZ.org | BBPCG
Steam

#11 Apollo

Apollo

The bringer of doom

• Hosted
  • 3,467 posts
  • Projects:Robot Storm, Project Phantom
  •  1337 Modder

Posted 14 October 2003 - 03:32 PM

damn this makes me go :cry: why does prerelease versions always have to look better than the finished game :bash:
Posted Image

EAApoc wrote:
The only written law in a C&C game I ever saw is please Mr.Developer make it fun and give me a lot of **** to explode, o and don't you ever get another soul to play Kane but Joe Kucan. Aside from those two rules, all bets are off =) hehe
-APOC

#12 Dark Dragon

Dark Dragon

>.<

• Members
  • 453 posts

Posted 14 October 2003 - 07:11 PM

bcuz the system requirements back then were sucky

#13 Major_Gilbear

Major_Gilbear

God-Emperor of Dune

• Members
  • 1,745 posts

Posted 18 October 2003 - 03:25 PM

Here ya go Gilbear. :D

Thank you Stealth! :roll:

#14 Az3r^

Az3r^

Resident Fan Boy/Tester

• Members
  • 2,325 posts
  • Projects:Nothing Atm .
  •  Oldbie Slacker since August 03

Posted 18 October 2003 - 06:42 PM

omfg i havnt seen these , and i love em !

anyone fancy avin a go at making it > : )

very nice its a shame they scrapped it , i likedthe old tesla tower and iron curtain and the ore refinery
Quotes :
Paradox @ Ali - "And what the fuck would you know? Ever been? Oh no, sorry, your map says 'HERE BE DRAGONS' anywhere outside of your rock"

#15 Allied General

Allied General

C&C Guild

• Hosted
  • 6,922 posts
  • Projects:AGSA
  •  Modder

Posted 20 October 2003 - 08:05 AM

well there's numerous pre-release versions at pixelops and xgamer made alternative ones :D
Posted Image

#16 bullethead

bullethead

Your End

• Project Team
  • 923 posts
  • Projects:none for now
  •  Someone who used to be

Posted 20 October 2003 - 09:14 AM

In the first pic arg showed I have the concept drawing for the hover craft thing they have in the bottom right corner. The side things are basically corkscrews. I think I can have a crack at making it. :D
Life is but a dream in someones head

Nexus lives in death

#17 Beowulf

Beowulf

Shipgirl

• Advisors
  • 7,219 posts
  •  Azur Lane Fangirl

Posted 20 October 2003 - 02:28 PM

Hence the reason it's called the Corkscrew APC. :roll:

And what did you mean Gilbear with :roll:?

NZ.org | BBPCG
Steam

#18 Major_Gilbear

Major_Gilbear

God-Emperor of Dune

• Members
  • 1,745 posts

Posted 20 October 2003 - 03:42 PM

Nothing... Just I'd almost forgotten I had asked for them, they were so long ago...

Also, Bullethead? No real point in doing the Corkscrew APC, as the thing is designed to beach, unlike the current Ampibious APC, which is, er, amphibious. Unless you know how to restore the coastline (basically every coastline tile in the game!) - I only know one or two ppl who do - the Corkscrew APC won't work properly. Presumably, that is why they dropped it - they rused the 'amphibious' locomotor. Lazy WW! :roll:

#19 bullethead

bullethead

Your End

• Project Team
  • 923 posts
  • Projects:none for now
  •  Someone who used to be

Posted 20 October 2003 - 09:03 PM

Well when I have more time on my hands...I will give a shot at it. :D
Life is but a dream in someones head

Nexus lives in death

#20 Deathblow Luc

Deathblow Luc

Unique

• Undead
  • 3,768 posts

Posted 04 November 2003 - 10:15 PM

Hm, the Tesla Coil was restored by Comrade, and is at SS, in the super New Building SHP thread. No snow version or buildup tho.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users