duke_Qa

I've had this avatar since... 2003?

• Network Staff
  • 3,837 posts
  • Division:Revora
  • Job:Artist

Posted 07 February 2007 - 09:38 PM

Posted Image

pain of salvation's latest album, which certainly keeps up to the hype that anyone should have when it comes to this band. progressive metal is probably the definition they would fall into, but i would say that its not much harder or softer than dream theater, although they have bigger variations in their songs than dream theater do.

the political commentary in the lyrics is some of the best you will ever find in music. its not utopian but certainly points out the problems that we have with our society these days. even though not every song has a political meaning there certainly are few without them. the song spitfall on this album is great as it parodizes the rappers and their way of fame ("you're just another Parental Advisory bore !"/" apart from that name you're all embarrassingly the same "/" now when "bitch" is mundane you take the lead with "wassup ho"").

oh and the precious "America" song which is a very fine song for us who likes to point at the problematic sides of the states("a simpler democracy where every flaw and failure is called a "Right" "/" each day a new store, each year a new war, while chosen whites rule the poor" / "hello British Empire, hello Roman Empire, hello Soviet, there is a new kid in town"). naturally the entire song isnt all blame blame, it does say "raise your voices, don't let them ruin your reputation, don't let them wreck your constitution, not out of fear, not out of greed" so its all good critique.

they also got a ridiculus funny song called "Disco Queen" which combines metal and bee jee's-esque disco in a hilarious progressive combination. all in all this is an album anyone who likes good progressive rock/metal with smart lyrics would like. i havent mentioned the bashing they do on religion on some of the tracks? well if i took every song one by one you wouldnt get any fun out the album would you? :)

"I give you private information on corporations for free and I'm a villain. Mark Zuckerberg gives your private information to corporations for money and he's 'Man of the Year.'" - Assange

#2 Twilus

Twilus

Your Mother's Father's Uncle's Moustache!

• Members
  • 471 posts
  •  Music forum poster

Posted 08 February 2007 - 09:55 AM

Sounds cool, i should check them out.
I refuse to have a signature.

Oh wait...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users