• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 olog hai of the east

olog hai of the east
  • Members
  • 82 posts
  •  Coder, Mapper

Posted 08 February 2007 - 04:35 AM

When I add Damrod to the Player Template. Ini; He does not appeared on the citadel.

Now when I change it so he starts at the citadel with two battalions of Rangers he comes.
But he has know Palantir image and where the hero icon's come up along the bottom of the screen there is no picture. I have gone into textures and taken a picture name and changed his HI to UI and HP to UP.

For the citadel would I look for his command button and add that to the command set for the citadel?

Thanks in Advance

EDIT> I have just checked Command Button. INI, Now I need to make one, Any help on how available would be appreciated

Edited by olog hai of the east, 08 February 2007 - 04:48 AM.

It's only funny until someone gets hurt, Then its Hilarios!

#2 JEV3

JEV3

Mighty Armadillo

• Hosted
  • 719 posts
  • Projects:Game Enhancement Mod
  •  Coder, Skinner, Graphics, GEM Mod Leader
  • Job:T3A Chamber Member

Posted 08 February 2007 - 02:14 PM

I added a modified Damrod to my mod, I had trouble getting him to show up too, what's worse, not only did he not show up, he made another hero disappear! I however found out that it was an error with his Hero images, so I added his to asset.dat... and it worked! Try adding your Damrod art to asset.dat using the assetbuilder.

As for the commandbutton, copy an existing button and modify what is required for your button, such as the strings, the art, and the special ability.

Hope this helps,
JEV3
He who bears skill but lacks effort, makes himself inferior to those who have no skill but try nonetheless.
Posted Image
Posted Image
"There is some good in this world, and its worth fighting for!"
J.M.J.

#3 olog hai of the east

olog hai of the east
  • Members
  • 82 posts
  •  Coder, Mapper

Posted 08 February 2007 - 06:38 PM

Ok, Im useless on str editing and the whole asset dat stuff.
Could you tell me how to those two things or give me a link to tutorials for it?

Thanks in Advance
It's only funny until someone gets hurt, Then its Hilarios!

#4 IthronAiwendil

IthronAiwendil

Retired modder

• Hosted
  • 1,452 posts
  • Projects:None
  •  Coder, skinner, modeler, art guy

Posted 08 February 2007 - 07:01 PM

Check the BfME tips and tutorials section, it has several guides on adding new assets and str files...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users