Photo

Remix3 - General Statistics.

• Please log in to reply
140 replies to this topic

Poll: Remix3 Generals

Who is the strongest general?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.

Who is the weakest general?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.

Who is the most unique general?

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Pendaelose

Pendaelose

Remix3 Modder

• Hosted
  • 5,687 posts
  • Projects:Remix Beta 1.0

Posted 11 February 2007 - 05:37 PM

Please, before voting, make sure you have played with all 8 generals.

The results will be used for future balancing and will influence who gets new units, powers, etc.
Posted Image
Posted Image

Between now and the next polished release there should be very little new art work done. Instead the focus is on designing, testing, and fixing. the mod has always been so close to finished that its nearly criminal. I'd love to see this through to the end with a real community effort.

#2 Striker26

Striker26
  • Members
  • 191 posts

Posted 11 February 2007 - 05:43 PM

my choices were

infantry, flame and laser

#3 olli

olli

Resident Pilot

• Project Team
  • 3,157 posts
  • Projects:Remix Escalation Top Quality Imaginer and Pro Tester. CnC Guild Gossip Whore
  •  Misanthropic Hulking Adonis

Posted 11 February 2007 - 06:19 PM

i personally dont like voting. i can own with every single general. its how you play it. every single one can cane every other general, its all about stratagy. although it is harder owning with some generals than others(eg AF) it can still be done.
going against what i usually do, i did vote however.
Posted Image
CnC Guild - As ancient as time itself.
Do you like anything CnC releated? Then the CnC guild likes you! Go make friends with it.

Latest Remix Escalation on ModDB
Remix Escalation on Revora - Track the latest news and changes.

#4 need my speed

need my speed

For Soviet people!

• Hosted
  • 1,290 posts

Posted 11 February 2007 - 07:43 PM

I have not voted because ike olli sayed, you can own with every general so there's no weak or great general IMO. But, Laser General is definitly the most unique general.
Please, if you see a mistake in my posts - spelling, grammar, punctuation, or whatever else - point it out. How can one learn from mistakes, if one is not corrected?
There is no wealth like knowledge, no poverty like ignorance.

#5 Thats me!

Thats me!

Title availble

• Members
  • 653 posts
  • Projects:thinking...:p
  •  not Red :(

Posted 11 February 2007 - 08:02 PM

1)the strongest is nuke
2)weakest is aircraft
3)the must unique is laser
i have only played with laser\nuke\flame but nuke is the strongest of the three and they are my fav. general also infantry and tank are also strong [i haven't played with them yet]

Edited by Silverx, 11 February 2007 - 08:09 PM.

#6 Ubermedic

Ubermedic

Victims Of A Down

• Project Team
  • 1,221 posts
  • Projects:V|GO Beta Testing, Remix Alpha Testing, Learning Mapping in Hammer
  •  IT'S BUG FREE!

Posted 12 February 2007 - 12:24 AM

Infantry is the strongest.
If played right
Super Weapon Is weakest.
Her defenses don't feel very defensive.
The most Unique is Infantry.
He's got that pimpin' drop runway.
*sniff* it brings back memories.
V|GO Beta Testing Staff
Posted Image
The hand has five fingers. Capable and strong. Able to both create and destroy

#7 Locutus of Borg

Locutus of Borg
  • Banned
  • 14 posts

Posted 12 February 2007 - 03:19 AM

The most powerful is laser because you cant stop any of his attack without a nuke or particle cannon in pends case.
The weakest ONLY EARLY GAME is air force because he has limited air power early game.
The most unique is Superweapon, she has a vast arsenal of destruction at her disposal. For stuff like this its hard o decide because they are all good if played right. These are just the sides im worst with.

#8 Pendaelose

Pendaelose

Remix3 Modder

• Hosted
  • 5,687 posts

Posted 12 February 2007 - 03:28 AM

The most powerful is laser because you cant stop any of his attack without a nuke or particle cannon in pends case.
The weakest ONLY EARLY GAME is air force because he has limited air power early game.
The most unique is Superweapon, she has a vast arsenal of destruction at her disposal. For stuff like this its hard o decide because they are all good if played right. These are just the sides im worst with.

well, with SupW that was the case... but you've only played me once :rolleyes: SupWeapon is in my bottom 5 for generals... not to mention you and Guy were pulling a tag-team on me. But, still, I also think Laser is in the top 3 for strongest. Laser and Tank are among my best generals.
Posted Image
Posted Image

Between now and the next polished release there should be very little new art work done. Instead the focus is on designing, testing, and fixing. the mod has always been so close to finished that its nearly criminal. I'd love to see this through to the end with a real community effort.

#9 Ubermedic

Ubermedic

Victims Of A Down

• Project Team
  • 1,221 posts
  •  IT'S BUG FREE!

Posted 12 February 2007 - 05:24 AM

Pfft...
Nuke isn't the strongest.
You guys just don't love Infantry enough to pwn as him.
Laser doesn't feel very unique to me.
He's just. Meh... USA...
(Again. Me being a rebel.)

Edited by Ubermedic, 12 February 2007 - 05:26 AM.

V|GO Beta Testing Staff
Posted Image

#10 Thats me!

Thats me!

Title availble

• Members
  • 653 posts
  • Projects:thinking...:p
  •  not Red :(

Posted 12 February 2007 - 09:22 AM

in remix is nuke the strongest
in contra is infantry the strongest
in zh are laser and tank the strongest (and most of other mods is laser my fav)

Edited by Silverx, 12 February 2007 - 09:24 AM.

#11 olli

olli

Resident Pilot

• Project Team
  • 3,157 posts
  • Projects:Remix Escalation Top Quality Imaginer and Pro Tester. CnC Guild Gossip Whore

Posted 12 February 2007 - 11:12 AM

sUpa wepaon owns when you get the SDI cannon and upgrades for the patriots. nothing can get past. really i mean it. and her long arms and sheild genarators mean pretty much nothing gets past your defence line. although a little more toys wouldnt hurt. myabe some more "superweapon" units, that are high tech eg a rail gun tank or somethings that are in devolpment in real life.

Edited by olli, 12 February 2007 - 11:13 AM.

Posted Image
Do you like anything CnC releated? Then the CnC guild likes you! Go make friends with it.

#12 Violence

Violence

S.E.L.F.

• Project Team
  • 321 posts
  • Projects:Testing ReMix!

Posted 12 February 2007 - 11:29 AM

I had to title Infantry the "Weakest".

My 2nd choice was Air Force and I couldn't really decide between the two. Both have some strengths but they are not at all dependable for any real fights. Both Generals are for me "support" Generals for Team Games.

"Strongest" is definitely a title for Robot. Versatility, strength, dangerous throughout the game from start to end, Drone Controllers are veeeeery mean for a reason I'll let you discover and there's always the infinite Drone spam. And those are just the typical you can use with him. He's awesome.

"Unique".. I was torn between Tank and Laser. One depends on Ranks and the other on Research which is quite logical... both are quite unique now. But Laser is far more enjoyable, I like colours in my explosions. So I was biased, I admit, and chose Laser.
"...Chaos is the only True Answer.."

#13 Guy980

Guy980

title available

• Banned
  • 314 posts
  • Projects:Remix alpha testing, V/GO beta testing.
  •  Good

Posted 12 February 2007 - 04:35 PM

SW is so fing op with those shield gens. Build like 5 hydrogen silos and you get fing owned.

unique is laser.

i might have 2 say tank for weakest b/c he lacks artillery.

can i aks why teh hell u think AF is weak?? if u let him B2 whore u get owned in 2 seconds.

Edited by Guy980, 12 February 2007 - 04:39 PM.

#14 Pendaelose

Pendaelose

Remix3 Modder

• Hosted
  • 5,687 posts

Posted 12 February 2007 - 07:19 PM

I'm loving how different everyone's opinions are. Some of the strong/weak points mentioned though I think are funny. There are many I can see are fair points of view, but others I raised an eyebrow at...

I don't see how infantry is the weakest... Infantry is the only general I've ever won a solo match vs the insane AI with. I firmly believe he is the strongest.

SupW I can't see as the strongest... To me she's one of the weaker generals. Her power dependancy is crippling, and even though the shield gens are bad ass there are plenty of superweapons that can bring them right down. The SDI cannon is a wicked defense, but building more than one of them wil create a very demanding power situation... if your power ever goes down you are royaly hosed.

Air Force general has gotten the hardest wrap as weakest... I think thats mostly just a matter of playstlye. AirForce is one of my top 3 favorites. A well played AirF can bring unrelenting frustration unlike any other general. The only point where I will yeiled he is at a disadvantage is every player knows to spam AA defenses against AirF, but, that isn't a show stopper for a player who knows what units to make and the best way to use them.

On a whole, you can't imagine how happy it makes me that there is no agreement who the strongest General is. And even while AirF has gotten the most votes its far from a unanimus agreement. Still, its more than enough justification that AirF does need a little love. I'm planning on a patch update very soon, I'll see if I can get some AirF tweeks inthere to help him hold in.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#15 olli

olli

Resident Pilot

• Project Team
  • 3,157 posts

Posted 12 February 2007 - 08:14 PM

jesus guy wtf is wrong with you? do you understand about taks tech trees in the generals menu?

do u understand how fucking ownage he is? he is the strongest china general imo, then infantry then nuke/flame on par.dont get me wrong theey are still strong, but tank has the lil bit extra ownage.
Posted Image

#16 Ubermedic

Ubermedic

Victims Of A Down

• Project Team
  • 1,221 posts
  •  IT'S BUG FREE!

Posted 12 February 2007 - 08:56 PM

I had to title Infantry the "Weakest".

I don't see how infantry is the weakest... Infantry is the only general I've ever won a solo match vs the insane AI with. I firmly believe he is the strongest.

Pend knows what he's talking about.
Remember people.
It has to be used correctly.
Just don't try to spam units then rush.
Your asking for a defeat that way.
Use infantry as if they cost 10000 a unit and had 1 health.
Protect them at all costs.
And use them for defense. Just keep them spaced out.
V|GO Beta Testing Staff
Posted Image

#17 Violence

Violence

S.E.L.F.

• Project Team
  • 321 posts
  • Projects:Testing ReMix!

Posted 12 February 2007 - 08:59 PM

"I don't see how Infantry is the weakest... Infantry is the only general I've ever won a solo match Vs the Insane AI with. I firmly believe he is the strongest."

There are routines to follow against the AI and it applies to all armies so I won't regard that as too stable a base for arguments.

From what I see in PvP, Infantry has presented little to no threat to me even without GLA for me to pick. As I've said his airplanes are what you resort to usually and that shouldn't be the case with an "infantry-based" army, and it speaks volumes..

Then again, that was my personal opinion. Coming out of a 2 on 2 only minutes ago against an Infantry and Robot I must say I completely ignored Infantry and after even their Paradrop was wasted on a Sniper Spam of my ally(I had Microwaves at the ready and Plasma Artillery works wonders) they resorted to air support roles or I'd eat through Robot. Oh, maybe I lost 1-2 vehicles on some mines but that's it.

The match was never finished for reasons not worth mentioning, but it was mad fun and it DID have a good old true "O RLY" moment... ;P
"...Chaos is the only True Answer.."

#18 Pendaelose

Pendaelose

Remix3 Modder

• Hosted
  • 5,687 posts

Posted 12 February 2007 - 09:05 PM

"I don't see how Infantry is the weakest... Infantry is the only general I've ever won a solo match Vs the Insane AI with. I firmly believe he is the strongest."

There are routines to follow against the AI and it applies to all armies so I won't regard that as too stable a base for arguments.

From what I see in PvP, Infantry has presented little to no threat to me even without GLA for me to pick. As I've said his airplanes are what you resort to usually and that shouldn't be the case with an "infantry-based" army, and it speaks volumes..

Then again, that was my personal opinion. Coming out of a 2 on 2 only minutes ago against an Infantry and Robot I must say I completely ignored Infantry and after even their Paradrop was wasted on a Sniper Spam of my ally(I had Microwaves at the ready and Plasma Artillery works wonders) they resorted to air support roles or I'd eat through Robot. Oh, maybe I lost 1-2 vehicles on some mines but that's it.

The match was never finished for reasons not worth mentioning, but it was mad fun and it DID have a good old true "O RLY" moment... ;P

well, our next game i'll play infantry general and show you what I'm talking about :p
Posted Image
Posted Image

#19 Phoenix911

Phoenix911

SAS Alpha Team Leader (Forum n00b Hunter 1st battalion)

• Project Team
  • 3,950 posts
  • Projects:Remix Alpha Tester.
  •  I'm the remix alpha tester thats loves to attack n00bs... muhahah!!!

Posted 12 February 2007 - 09:31 PM

Cyber, Airforce and Tank.

Cyber is pawnage great in mostly all situations and when he gets his cluster tomahawks upgrad there artil becomes hell incarnate.

Airforce is probley the weakest because well its generals, vs Ai hes not bad but PvP he can be pawned by all generals. This is only because Aircrafts in generals is hard to balance without making them so OTT, any player vs AF gen will build mass amounts of AA and in term destroy AF gens fighting ability.

Tank is most uniqie because his tech tree is sweet gives every type of player the abilty to choose there play style.

Ps: pend not tryed the new alpha yet cos i had Computer troubles, ended up having to formate. In the middle of fixing the old girl up into her forma glory lol.
BUT did u sort the AF gens defence out :p LOL
Phoenix™ The Forgotten Samurai
A wise man chooses death before war, A wiser man chooses not to become war.
Posted Image
Foamy!?!! Xombie!?! Awesome Cannon Rock
Everyone should watch this and pass it on as its a very good argument on the subject of Global Warming.

#20 Pendaelose

Pendaelose

Remix3 Modder

• Hosted
  • 5,687 posts

Posted 12 February 2007 - 10:15 PM

Ps: pend not tryed the new alpha yet cos i had Computer troubles, ended up having to formate. In the middle of fixing the old girl up into her forma glory lol.
BUT did u sort the AF gens defence out :p LOL

no. I played 4 test rounds and not even once did I loose the infantry before the building exploded.
Posted Image
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users