Photo

Remix3 - General Statistics.

• Please log in to reply
140 replies to this topic

Poll: Remix3 Generals

Who is the strongest general?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.

Who is the weakest general?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.

Who is the most unique general?

Vote Guests cannot vote

#21 Ubermedic

Ubermedic

Victims Of A Down

• Project Team
  • 1,221 posts
  • Projects:V|GO Beta Testing, Remix Alpha Testing, Learning Mapping in Hammer
  •  IT'S BUG FREE!

Posted 13 February 2007 - 02:10 AM

Well Violence.
The AI doesn't use Infantry correctly.
Never trust it.
Humans + Infantry = Pwnage.
AI + Infantry = WTF? Weak...
V|GO Beta Testing Staff
Posted Image
The hand has five fingers. Capable and strong. Able to both create and destroy

#22 Guest_Violence (Not Logged In)_*

Guest_Violence (Not Logged In)_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 February 2007 - 05:32 PM

It was against a team of 2.. 2 people. No Infantry AI.

#23 Guest_Violence (Not Logged In)_*

• Guests

Posted 13 February 2007 - 05:38 PM

"Well, our next game I'll play Infantry general and show you what I'm talking about :p"

- It'll be kinky..! Can't wait. :p

#24 Pendaelose

Pendaelose

Remix3 Modder

• Hosted
  • 5,687 posts
  • Projects:Remix Beta 1.0

Posted 13 February 2007 - 05:44 PM

It was against a team of 2.. 2 people. No Infantry AI.

alot of people can't play certain generals. Alot of people can't play well at all, even. I simply suggest you reserve judgment of infantry genral until after you have seen him played a few times, especialy by a player who claims to play him well.

The only general I find genuenly intimidating (as infantry) is flame. Flame is increadibly tough to beat with infantry, but its not at all imposible.
Posted Image
Posted Image

Between now and the next polished release there should be very little new art work done. Instead the focus is on designing, testing, and fixing. the mod has always been so close to finished that its nearly criminal. I'd love to see this through to the end with a real community effort.

#25 Ubermedic

Ubermedic

Victims Of A Down

• Project Team
  • 1,221 posts
  •  IT'S BUG FREE!

Posted 13 February 2007 - 11:08 PM

- It'll be kinky..! Can't wait. :p

Careful! you'll get phoenix jealous!

The only general I find genuenly intimidating (as infantry) is flame. Flame is increadibly tough to beat with infantry, but its not at all imposible.

Actually use long range infantry to the max.
The less redguards the better.
Range = Flames Weakness.
Support Vehicles, Snipers = Range
V|GO Beta Testing Staff
Posted Image

#26 Pendaelose

Pendaelose

Remix3 Modder

• Hosted
  • 5,687 posts

Posted 13 February 2007 - 11:39 PM

Actually use long range infantry to the max.
The less redguards the better.
Range = Flames Weakness.
Support Vehicles, Snipers = Range

I kinda disagree, flame has some of the best artil units with the Smerch and MSP. I normaly prefer the mortar infantry for the backbone of an attack, but flame is the best at countering this attack with wide area flame artillery.

Snipers are good vs flame, last time I played infa vs flame I relyed very heavily on a few radar vans and a field of stealthed snipers. He built radar vans, but mine would detect them and the snipers would light them up. This trick alone didn't take down his base, but it kept him very busy for a long time while I built drop relays and bombers.
Posted Image
Posted Image

Between now and the next polished release there should be very little new art work done. Instead the focus is on designing, testing, and fixing. the mod has always been so close to finished that its nearly criminal. I'd love to see this through to the end with a real community effort.

#27 Locutus of Borg

Locutus of Borg
  • Banned
  • 14 posts

Posted 14 February 2007 - 12:54 AM

I think robot is OP. After a past game robot is knocking away with spamming cluster tomahawks, spamming little birds, toma storms, cluster toma powers, lvl 4 a10, pod drop, and a flurry of mechs. It is impossible to defend against so many powers in a no rules game.

#28 Ubermedic

Ubermedic

Victims Of A Down

• Project Team
  • 1,221 posts
  •  IT'S BUG FREE!

Posted 14 February 2007 - 01:44 AM

I kinda disagree, flame has some of the best artil units with the Smerch and MSP. I normaly prefer the mortar infantry for the backbone of an attack, but flame is the best at countering this attack with wide area flame artillery.

multi attack fronts.
Have a lure group. Preferable fast ones.
Call the artys fire If they are fast enough they can waste all of it's ammo without a death.
Move the mortars up quick and fire a salvo.
Arty taken care of.
V|GO Beta Testing Staff
Posted Image

#29 Pendaelose

Pendaelose

Remix3 Modder

• Hosted
  • 5,687 posts

Posted 14 February 2007 - 01:56 AM

I think robot is OP. After a past game robot is knocking away with spamming cluster tomahawks, spamming little birds, toma storms, cluster toma powers, lvl 4 a10, pod drop, and a flurry of mechs. It is impossible to defend against so many powers in a no rules game.

AI or player? also, in the suggestions topic I posted some ideas to rebalance robot just a little.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#30 Guest_Violence (Not Logged In)_*

• Guests

Posted 14 February 2007 - 02:38 AM

Pendaelose, Robot should be more like Laser or at least Tank if I may say so, because he can be used to his full effect very easily even by starting players.

By this I mean no offense to Robot fans, but it's true. He's very easy to play with and needs some restrictions be it Rank or Research based. I read what you're doing in the next version and I think it will help a lot in getting things more "fair".

If I had to name the 2 most annoying things about Robot it would be the Cluster Tomahawk vehicles and the Little Birds. I insist on those little buggers.. Griefing gets madly easy with just a handful of them.

And yes, I can't wait until you show me what you can do with Infantry... I still think I know the outcome though.

#31 Locutus of Borg

Locutus of Borg
  • Banned
  • 14 posts

Posted 14 February 2007 - 03:33 AM

It waqs against a human player, but I can't beat robot insane AI either. Take away lvl 4 A-10 and give it to afg. The same with the little bird. You should have two tech trees for robot. Robots or Mechanized Infantry with the former you get everything at the advanced war factory. With the mechanized infantry you get smaller lighter faster and slightly weaker stuff but you get to support them with upgrades.

#32 Pendaelose

Pendaelose

Remix3 Modder

• Hosted
  • 5,687 posts

Posted 14 February 2007 - 03:13 PM

Duely noted about Robot general, and he is leading in the votes for strongest (just barely). Last night I was combing over the bug list, change list, and suggestion list... One of the things that came up was Robot General's auto repair power wasn't on the quick list of powers. I checked into it, and Robot simply didn't have enough slots to make it fit, so it has to go away. BUT that would only leave 1 lvl1 power for robot. I think the best alternative is a mild hybrid of all the concepts.

Cumalitive Robot General changes:

Remove MLRS unit
change Tom-launcher to require strat center
Move cluster upgrade to AI Lab.
Remove the lvl1 Auto repair power
Rescale spiders down ~20% in size, health, and damage
ADD Seeker Droid (Vulture mech, tank sized, versitle, balanced for early game)
ADD Rank1 General powers "Advanced Articulation" and "Advanced Droid Design"

Adv. Droid Design unlocks StormTrooper, Spider mine, and Seeker
Adv. Articulation unlocks spider mechs

This will help alot in rounding robot off, and the 2 lvl1 powers will help pull a few general's points out of the powers tree for players who want the best units.

I'm not going to give the little bird to AirF general because I thaught of an orca style unit that can spot for Aurora strikes. Very late game. AirF needs love.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#33 AtomicStarfish

AtomicStarfish
  • Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 14 February 2007 - 04:23 PM

theres no real strongest or weakest general. SWG no doubt has the potential to reek havoc on other generals asuming you defend right and have everything planned out properly. im a firm beliver there is no such thing as the superweapon general. i only know the turtle general...

laser is very unique though. i love how you have to pick between the differant weapon types. i kinda wish that there was a particle weapons general power lol. but anyways. laser has to be one of my favorates.
Posted Image
exsequor exequor irritum est bellum....(look it up)

#34 Phoenix911

Phoenix911

SAS Alpha Team Leader (Forum n00b Hunter 1st battalion)

• Project Team
  • 3,950 posts
  • Projects:Remix Alpha Tester.
  •  I'm the remix alpha tester thats loves to attack n00bs... muhahah!!!

Posted 14 February 2007 - 04:38 PM

well i do agree that all generals if balanced right is not stronger or weaker it all comes down to being able to play the general right.

O and i never thought cyber gen was OTT, i thought he was strong but not invincable only thing i always hate was the cluster tomahawks.. but unlike most i did not think they was ott or a bitch they do there jobs as artil liek there ment too.
Probley get the cluster upgrade 2 soon but should be sorted next patch as pend said other than that cyber has mostly always been fine in balance.

Edited by Phoenix911, 14 February 2007 - 05:00 PM.

Phoenix™ The Forgotten Samurai
A wise man chooses death before war, A wiser man chooses not to become war.
Posted Image
Foamy!?!! Xombie!?! Awesome Cannon Rock
Everyone should watch this and pass it on as its a very good argument on the subject of Global Warming.

#35 olli

olli

Resident Pilot

• Project Team
  • 3,157 posts
  • Projects:Remix Escalation Top Quality Imaginer and Pro Tester. CnC Guild Gossip Whore
  •  Misanthropic Hulking Adonis

Posted 14 February 2007 - 05:28 PM

hmmmm, pend i really dont think the tech trees are needed for cyber. i agree with pheonix, the only reason people say he is strong is because they play AI cyber gen, which is evil. i dont think that the spiders/mechs etc should be unloked by generals points. and i dont really see why the spiders damage should be nerfed aswell. not bothered about size, but i dont think damage should be.
Posted Image
CnC Guild - As ancient as time itself.
Do you like anything CnC releated? Then the CnC guild likes you! Go make friends with it.

Latest Remix Escalation on ModDB
Remix Escalation on Revora - Track the latest news and changes.

#36 Pendaelose

Pendaelose

Remix3 Modder

• Hosted
  • 5,687 posts

Posted 14 February 2007 - 05:45 PM

Its not realy "Tech Trees" like with Laser or Tank... Its really just an excuse to take just a couple points away from being spent on the Rank3 powers... they are pretty strong, and all of them are very agressive. And, to remove the Repair power, I need something to take its place in the Rank1 area.

As for Spiders... the damage is fine right now, but I agree they should be a tad smaller, and I think the damage will feel a little extream once they are scaled a little. the assault Spider I think is fine, its mostly the siege Spider I'm talking about.

And, I also agree totaly that most people will feel that way about Robot because of playing against the AI. I don't think robot is OTT at all. I do think he is slightly stronger though. A mild set of changes will do him some good. nothing to extream in the change list.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#37 olli

olli

Resident Pilot

• Project Team
  • 3,157 posts
  • Projects:Remix Escalation Top Quality Imaginer and Pro Tester. CnC Guild Gossip Whore
  •  Misanthropic Hulking Adonis

Posted 14 February 2007 - 06:24 PM

pend i beg you please dont nerf the assult spiders damage :p but just a question, what is the need to scale them down? i dont see the point.
Posted Image
CnC Guild - As ancient as time itself.
Do you like anything CnC releated? Then the CnC guild likes you! Go make friends with it.

Latest Remix Escalation on ModDB
Remix Escalation on Revora - Track the latest news and changes.

#38 Pendaelose

Pendaelose

Remix3 Modder

• Hosted
  • 5,687 posts

Posted 14 February 2007 - 06:47 PM

pend i beg you please dont nerf the assult spiders damage :p but just a question, what is the need to scale them down? i dont see the point.

I'm not going to nerf the assault spider, but I think I will nerf the Siege spider just a litte... no more than 20% at most. The size, should be reduced just to reflect the speed and manuverability of the spider mechs. It will be a small change only.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#39 Locutus of Borg

Locutus of Borg
  • Banned
  • 14 posts

Posted 14 February 2007 - 09:53 PM

Just no more powers of death. The robots I can handle. The problem is the powers. Mainly lvl 4 a10, lvl three cluster, and the cluster tomahawk unit. One of those should be removed if you want to balance it. None of the other generals has so many destructive powers.

#40 Phoenix911

Phoenix911

SAS Alpha Team Leader (Forum n00b Hunter 1st battalion)

• Project Team
  • 3,950 posts
  • Projects:Remix Alpha Tester.
  •  I'm the remix alpha tester thats loves to attack n00bs... muhahah!!!

Posted 14 February 2007 - 11:30 PM

yer olli the size things was my idea i mainly suggested it because when they are built the legs do not fit in teh mech factory and looks bad just like the fafnir did coming out the standard war factorys before the mech bay was added. And in saying this i said that because there spiders and ment to be fast and are mobile ie: can clime cliff faces the armor or such mayy need nerfing a little but not much. But even same strenth is balanced.

Altho i do agree with pend the siege spider does do ot damage :p specialy since the cyber gen already has cluster tomahawks and well you seen how peaple moan about how ott he is even tho he aint.
Phoenix™ The Forgotten Samurai
A wise man chooses death before war, A wiser man chooses not to become war.
Posted Image
Foamy!?!! Xombie!?! Awesome Cannon Rock
Everyone should watch this and pass it on as its a very good argument on the subject of Global Warming.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users