Remix 2.20 Bug List

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
161 replies to this topic

#1 Locutus of Borg

Locutus of Borg
  • Banned
  • 14 posts

Posted 12 February 2007 - 03:27 AM

This is just for any bugs you may encounter.

The bugs I have found are for Laser and Tank

Laser Ion Overcharge does not work with power bought and 1000K+ Power.
Laser Raptors dont directly target sometimes they go dumb and circle before shooting.

Then there is Tank

Hive AA Shoots but never hits or always misses take your pick.
The LRM launcher likes to screw around alot and doesnt shoot.

These bugs specifically the Hive bug cripple the general.

#2 Pendaelose

Pendaelose

Remix3 Modder

• Hosted
  • 5,687 posts
  • Projects:Remix Beta 1.0

Posted 12 February 2007 - 03:48 AM

Laser Ion Overcharge does not work with power bought and 1000K+ Power.
Laser Raptors dont directly target sometimes they go dumb and circle before shooting.

The overcharge is noted and will be fixed in a patch very soon.

The Rator issue is true of any jet. I've seen it happen with even standard stealth planes. I don't think theres much I can do about it, it seams to be just a weak spot int he unit-AI. thats part of the eninge btw.

Then there is Tank

Hive AA Shoots but never hits or always misses take your pick.
The LRM launcher likes to screw around alot and doesnt shoot.

These bugs specifically the Hive bug cripple the general.

I've played alot and never had the AA problem your talking about. If you fire on a friendly aircraft that will hapen, but it works fine on enemy planes. Its especialy great against bombers and drop planes.

The LRM Launcher I've had do that just a few times. I'm not sure what causes it, but its a rarity. I usaly works fine for me.

I certainly wouldn't call Tank crippled. I whupped Guy and Violence earlier today using Tank. Its mostly just a matter of playstyle.
Posted Image
Posted Image

Between now and the next polished release there should be very little new art work done. Instead the focus is on designing, testing, and fixing. the mod has always been so close to finished that its nearly criminal. I'd love to see this through to the end with a real community effort.

#3 Guest_sarah_*

Guest_sarah_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 February 2007 - 05:09 AM

er...sorry 2 bother u n sorry if this is the wrong place 2 ask this Qn but i just download the remix 3 alpha 2.20 fr. filefront. The name of file is: Remix3_Alpha2.20.rar
i tried 2 open wid winzip but they ask me add file 2 archive. with options: New... and Open...
where do i add this file and how? I try to extract 2 zero hr data but still cannot. plz help me.
thank u 4 your time.

#4 Ubermedic

Ubermedic

Victims Of A Down

• Project Team
  • 1,221 posts
  • Projects:V|GO Beta Testing, Remix Alpha Testing, Learning Mapping in Hammer
  •  IT'S BUG FREE!

Posted 12 February 2007 - 05:22 AM

er...sorry 2 bother u n sorry if this is the wrong place 2 ask this Qn but i just download the remix 3 alpha 2.20 fr. filefront. The name of file is: Remix3_Alpha2.20.rar
i tried 2 open wid winzip but they ask me add file 2 archive. with options: New... and Open...
where do i add this file and how? I try to extract 2 zero hr data but still cannot. plz help me.
thank u 4 your time.

Alright. Forgive me if I misunderstand you.
Step 1: Get WinRar http://www.rarlab.com/
Step 2: D/L Remix 3 2.20
Step 3: Extract the three files to these destinations...

The _Remix.big goes in ..\zerohour\Data
The SkermishScripts.scb goes in ..\zerohour\Data\Scripts
The Generals.csf goes in ..\zerohour\Data\English

You need winrar for .rar files Winzip is only good for .zip
Winrar also can be used for .zips
V|GO Beta Testing Staff
Posted Image
The hand has five fingers. Capable and strong. Able to both create and destroy

#5 Thats me!

Thats me!

Title availble

• Members
  • 653 posts
  • Projects:thinking...:p
  •  not Red :(

Posted 12 February 2007 - 09:16 AM

i have found some bugs
1)robot ai doesn't work
2)cameos in building time are wrong for new upgrades (plasma upgrade,etc...)

#6 oops2005

oops2005
  • Members
  • 100 posts

Posted 12 February 2007 - 09:58 AM

Two little bug:
1. Flame Gen: command center doesn't have mine upgrade
2. Cyber Gen: you choose Repair in rank 1, but it doesn't show in the right shortcut.

I just played for a short time , hmmm.... fantastic mod, its playstyle make me think about Warhammer 40K: DC...hahaha
I will post again when I find new bugs.

PS: the cameo of new upgrade when upgrading aren't right and the new units don't have new voice...
But it is OK, cause add new cameo and new sound need so much work :rolleyes:
And Cyber AI really crazy ,when as an "hard" ally,he builds so many buildings and always has his half of base built in my base. That's somehow annoying. :ohmy:

Edited by oops2005, 12 February 2007 - 10:19 AM.

#7 Guest_sarah_*

Guest_sarah_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 February 2007 - 11:08 AM

thank u 4 your time.

Alright. Forgive me if I misunderstand you.
Step 1: Get WinRar http://www.rarlab.com/
Step 2: D/L Remix 3 2.20
Step 3: Extract the three files to these destinations...

The _Remix.big goes in ..\zerohour\Data
The SkermishScripts.scb goes in ..\zerohour\Data\Scripts
The Generals.csf goes in ..\zerohour\Data\English

You need winrar for .rar files Winzip is only good for .zip
Winrar also can be used for .zips

Gee thnx 4 your help! Srry, if im not clear in typing. My english is not very gd.
But 1 more Qn, i downloaded the winRar and could extract alrdy (thnx 2 u :rolleyes: ) but do i need 2 remove certain contra.big file or anything? because now i can see the remix 3 alpha 2.2 words and stuff but no new units. plz help

#8 Violence

Violence

S.E.L.F.

• Project Team
  • 321 posts
  • Projects:Testing ReMix!

Posted 12 February 2007 - 11:12 AM

"I certainly wouldn't call Tank crippled. I whupped Guy and Violence earlier today using Tank. It's mostly just a matter of playstyle."

- I will allow you to claim you have whooped me when you beat me 1 on 1 when I have Toxin GLA- my regular army! Flame China is awesome but just not my style! Baaaad Pend! Bad! Rude! :ohmy: This is why you have disabled GLA and I know it..! :rolleyes: Great game, very funky!

Anyhow, here's what I've found.

- Power Plants do not dissappear after being destroyed for all USA.

- LRM Launcher of Tank Gen will sometimes not fire when it uses its blue targetting laser because under some circumstances the laser has longer range.

- Correct a minor typo in Air Force General, it's "Special Airfield" and not "Special airfield" for uniformity's sake.

- Ion Overcharge has been mentioned.

- Infantry General's Artillery Mark Jet will sometimes "forget" to fire the artillery shells and just ECM the area, when targetting defenses.

- AI Tech Lab of Robot USA has some very bad "fan" texture(talking about the rotating vent fans) on the roof-top which is annoying once you notice it even from max zoom distance. The Command Center has better fans, use those.

- The Advanced Power Plants(the big ones) for Super Weapon cause some minor lag when you have more than 1-2 exploding at the same time due to the effect. This is almost insignificant until you fire a SW on 4-5 of them... then you temporarily go slow-mo until the effect is over.. ;(

And a suggestion:

- I still feel the Battle Fortress needs immunity to Sniper, EMP, ECM, Neutron effects. It's after all tons and tons of armour and shielding and the only real means of late-game Infantry assaults, otherwise might as well name him China Air. Also think what the Infa player goes through to produce 6 fully manned Fortresses. Too much micromanagement lost to so many dangers.

PS : Did you put in the damaged skins for Heavy Factories and such?

Edited by Violence, 12 February 2007 - 11:15 AM.

"...Chaos is the only True Answer.."

#9 Raven

Raven
  • Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 12 February 2007 - 01:05 PM

Hey, I'm also facing the same problem as sarah. I have placed Remix.big in Data, Skirmishscripts in scripts and csf in English. Yet, I do not seem to see any Remix 3 units, buildings and such. The shell map is the one used in Contra 005. Is there something that needs to be removed? Thanks in advance.

xXx

#10 Guy980

Guy980

title available

• Banned
  • 314 posts
  • Projects:Remix alpha testing, V/GO beta testing.
  •  Good

Posted 12 February 2007 - 04:32 PM

LOLZ i got pwned. also, the power plants not dissapering when killed is very ghey.

#11 Pendaelose

Pendaelose

Remix3 Modder

• Hosted
  • 5,687 posts

Posted 12 February 2007 - 06:02 PM

LOLZ i got pwned. also, the power plants not dissapering when killed is very ghey.

I've still never seen this. WHICH POWER PLANTs are not disapearing??? This has comup before, but I've never gotten an answer.
Posted Image
Posted Image

Between now and the next polished release there should be very little new art work done. Instead the focus is on designing, testing, and fixing. the mod has always been so close to finished that its nearly criminal. I'd love to see this through to the end with a real community effort.

#12 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 February 2007 - 07:30 PM

i have found some bugs
1)robot ai doesn't work
2)cameos in building time are wrong for new upgrades (plasma upgrade,etc...)

1 - From the few times I've been able to sit down and play, the Robot AI works well, I thought. Well, which level of AI were you using? Maybe on of the levels doesn't work, but most of the rest of us use the ones that work so don't notice? It may also be the specific map you were using. It's strange, with some mods I can play certain maps and certain generals AI won't work, just on that map.

2 - I'm not sure that's true for all, but I did notice the same for many many upgrades.

Now, my own comments (not necessarily bugs):

I wish some of the newer, higher upgrade buildings weren't so big. I'm sure it's on purpose, but it makes it rather difficult to use some of them on certains maps that I like.

I would like it if the descriptions of the advanced upgrades told you the exact prerequisite for upgrading. Sometimes it does, sometimes it says something like, "higher technology." Sorry, I know that's not it but I think you'll know what I mean. I noticed it with multiple generals (I've played all at least once except Robot). Sometimes it means to escalate my tech level, but I've also escalated, rechecked, and still can't upgrade the building in question.

This brings up a second issue which may be related. Sometimes I can't upgrade something (like above), and don't know what the pre-requisite is. Then later, magically, I can after I didn't think I escalated, built a needed building, whatever. I could be wrong and didn't keep track while battling, but it seems to have happened in about 3 games. It almost makes me wonder if there was some type of 'lag' or delay in the game, so that even though I build a pre-req building or escalated my tech level, it took a while after the upgrade before the game 'noticed.' I mean minutes, not seconds. I have a good comp, AMD 4200, 2GB RAM, no lag in the game except the rare instance. Anyone else have this issue? I could be wrong, sometimes I've played when I was really tired or...well, it is possible one time alcohol had been consumed prior to playing, LOL. Is there a tech tree somewhere I can check, so I know exactly what is needed for each upgrade? It would help me troubleshoot this.

I have had powerplants disappear for USA after being destroyed, strange that some of you haven't.

With China Infantry general - I noticed the 1st level tech building has, I believe, 4 different upgrades. I built the second level building, the one that looks like it is multiple pagodas with 3/4 levels. For some reason, the upgrades were exactly the same ones. I checked and re-checked, selecting each building. I thought it was because I did a trick: Had the advanced dozer 'start' the building, then move that and have a regular dozer actually finish building it. But, for good measure, I built a second one using only the advanced dozer with same results. I thought it was a bug, but the second game with infantry, I tried it again and suddenly I had access to 4 different upgrades. Weird. I had not made any installation changes to my computer, either.

I also only have Contra installed, no other mods.

#13 olli

olli

Resident Pilot

• Project Team
  • 3,157 posts
  • Projects:Remix Escalation Top Quality Imaginer and Pro Tester. CnC Guild Gossip Whore
  •  Misanthropic Hulking Adonis

Posted 12 February 2007 - 08:05 PM

1 thing to all of you...ffs dont go on about cameos and pictures not matching.
who gives a fuck? it is because pend has put so many new ugrades/powers wtc hes run out of buttons. so just live with it.
Posted Image
CnC Guild - As ancient as time itself.
Do you like anything CnC releated? Then the CnC guild likes you! Go make friends with it.

Latest Remix Escalation on ModDB
Remix Escalation on Revora - Track the latest news and changes.

#14 Pendaelose

Pendaelose

Remix3 Modder

• Hosted
  • 5,687 posts

Posted 12 February 2007 - 08:51 PM

With China Infantry general - I noticed the 1st level tech building has, I believe, 4 different upgrades. I built the second level building, the one that looks like it is multiple pagodas with 3/4 levels. For some reason, the upgrades were exactly the same ones. I checked and re-checked, selecting each building. I thought it was because I did a trick: Had the advanced dozer 'start' the building, then move that and have a regular dozer actually finish building it. But, for good measure, I built a second one using only the advanced dozer with same results. I thought it was a bug, but the second game with infantry, I tried it again and suddenly I had access to 4 different upgrades. Weird. I had not made any installation changes to my computer, either.

I also only have Contra installed, no other mods.

It might be connected to the mine field upgrades... I'll double check this.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#15 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 February 2007 - 09:00 PM

1 thing to all of you...ffs dont go on about cameos and pictures not matching.
who gives a fuck? it is because pend has put so many new ugrades/powers wtc hes run out of buttons. so just live with it.

Geez, calm down. I don't see any of the above comments saying, "OMG! I can't play this mod because the cameos don't match!!!111" They're just listed as comments. Sure, it doesn't affect gameplay, but Pend seems to be somewhat of a perfectionist, so he'd want to know about it so he can modify it. Personally, I don't care if he does/doesn't. But it doesn't bother me that people list it as a bug, either.

#16 Violence

Violence

S.E.L.F.

• Project Team
  • 321 posts
  • Projects:Testing ReMix!

Posted 12 February 2007 - 09:03 PM

Build a power plant with any US faction. Let your opponent destroy it.

It will still be there but you cannot select it, and cannot build directly over it, neither is it actually functioning.

This has two effects : that you get confused thinking they still work, and that you can't build right away. You have to find the blank spot, place the new building and THEN the "killed" plant will dissappear.

Edited by Violence, 12 February 2007 - 09:04 PM.

"...Chaos is the only True Answer.."

#17 Pendaelose

Pendaelose

Remix3 Modder

• Hosted
  • 5,687 posts

Posted 12 February 2007 - 09:08 PM

Build a power plant with any US faction. Let your opponent destroy it.

It will still be there but you cannot select it, and cannot build directly over it, neither is it actually functioning.

This has two effects : that you get confused thinking they still work, and that you can't build right away. You have to find the blank spot, place the new building and THEN the "killed" plant will dissappear.

I played lastnight with SupW general vs Laser general (Capt Picard) and I didn't see this happen at all. I've also played vs Robot many times and lost all my buildings (as any USA) and destroyed all his(many times) and never seen this bug.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#18 Locutus of Borg

Locutus of Borg
  • Banned
  • 14 posts

Posted 13 February 2007 - 01:32 AM

I have noticed it from time to time but I cannot recall it effecting gameplay or bothering me. Hence, I do not recall which general has this problem.

#19 Phoenix911

Phoenix911

SAS Alpha Team Leader (Forum n00b Hunter 1st battalion)

• Project Team
  • 3,950 posts
  • Projects:Remix Alpha Tester.
  •  I'm the remix alpha tester thats loves to attack n00bs... muhahah!!!

Posted 13 February 2007 - 01:49 AM

Hey, I'm also facing the same problem as sarah. I have placed Remix.big in Data, Skirmishscripts in scripts and csf in English. Yet, I do not seem to see any Remix 3 units, buildings and such. The shell map is the one used in Contra 005. Is there something that needs to be removed? Thanks in advance.

xXx

During load the image will show "contra v5" logo because when contra installed it over wrote the image file that is used during load. So basicly if your looking at this and thinking it did not install then your no doubt find it is running fine only the load screen has confused you.... this is what happens when peaple don't back up there files :)

Aslonf as u uninstalled contra v5 put the remix files where they ment to be then it should work fine ok? if u still have a problem then PM me or pendealose or any other tester witch u may know about... altho i may be sarcastic ahole if it turns out to be a very simple problem that an fool could have worked out.

But hey thats how i am... u learn to love and hate me all at the same time. (because i am a jerk or otherwise known as a jerk(on the forums that is)) :p
Phoenix™ The Forgotten Samurai
A wise man chooses death before war, A wiser man chooses not to become war.
Posted Image
Foamy!?!! Xombie!?! Awesome Cannon Rock
Everyone should watch this and pass it on as its a very good argument on the subject of Global Warming.

#20 Ubermedic

Ubermedic

Victims Of A Down

• Project Team
  • 1,221 posts
  • Projects:V|GO Beta Testing, Remix Alpha Testing, Learning Mapping in Hammer
  •  IT'S BUG FREE!

Posted 13 February 2007 - 02:06 AM

Make sure Contra 005 is UNINSTALLED.
Remix is a seperate mod.
Also. All these bugs should be in the main bug list.
V|GO Beta Testing Staff
Posted Image
The hand has five fingers. Capable and strong. Able to both create and destroy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users