161 replies to this topic

#21 Pendaelose

Pendaelose

Remix3 Modder

• Hosted
  • 5,687 posts
  • Projects:Remix Beta 1.0

Posted 13 February 2007 - 02:52 AM

This is an ok place for bugs... a new release, new list... atleast for now.

I spent a long time hunting, and I finaly found the powerplant bug, its with LaserGenerals powerplants after the second upgrade. It should be fixed completely in the patch.

(I've lost many powerplants, but never lost one after the second upgrade)
Posted Image
Posted Image

Between now and the next polished release there should be very little new art work done. Instead the focus is on designing, testing, and fixing. the mod has always been so close to finished that its nearly criminal. I'd love to see this through to the end with a real community effort.

#22 Raven

Raven
  • Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 13 February 2007 - 08:41 AM

Hey, I'm also facing the same problem as sarah. I have placed Remix.big in Data, Skirmishscripts in scripts and csf in English. Yet, I do not seem to see any Remix 3 units, buildings and such. The shell map is the one used in Contra 005. Is there something that needs to be removed? Thanks in advance.

xXx

During load the image will show "contra v5" logo because when contra installed it over wrote the image file that is used during load. So basicly if your looking at this and thinking it did not install then your no doubt find it is running fine only the load screen has confused you.... this is what happens when peaple don't back up there files :p

Aslonf as u uninstalled contra v5 put the remix files where they ment to be then it should work fine ok? if u still have a problem then PM me or pendealose or any other tester witch u may know about... altho i may be sarcastic ahole if it turns out to be a very simple problem that an fool could have worked out.

But hey thats how i am... u learn to love and hate me all at the same time. (because i am a jerk or otherwise known as a jerk(on the forums that is)) :p

Thanks! And you're not All THAT bad. :)

xXx

#23 Thats me!

Thats me!

Title availble

• Members
  • 653 posts
  • Projects:thinking...:p
  •  not Red :(

Posted 13 February 2007 - 08:54 AM

also another bug the robot army use their general powers when the command center is destroyed

#24 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 February 2007 - 04:18 PM

Laser general's satellite strike doesn't have a quick slots on the right. Not sure if that's a bug or maybe you ran out of spaces/slots.

#25 Pendaelose

Pendaelose

Remix3 Modder

• Hosted
  • 5,687 posts

Posted 13 February 2007 - 04:23 PM

Laser general's satellite strike doesn't have a quick slots on the right. Not sure if that's a bug or maybe you ran out of spaces/slots.

Sounds like a bug... I thaught I had put it back (I removed at one point)

Thanks.
Posted Image
Posted Image

Between now and the next polished release there should be very little new art work done. Instead the focus is on designing, testing, and fixing. the mod has always been so close to finished that its nearly criminal. I'd love to see this through to the end with a real community effort.

#26 Guest_Violence (Not Logged In)_*

Guest_Violence (Not Logged In)_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 February 2007 - 05:27 PM

I surely get the Power Plant bug with Laser and with an 100% "success".. ;P ;(
What can I say. It happens on all my comps though.

#27 Pendaelose

Pendaelose

Remix3 Modder

• Hosted
  • 5,687 posts

Posted 13 February 2007 - 06:00 PM

I surely get the Power Plant bug with Laser and with an 100% "success".. ;P ;(
What can I say. It happens on all my comps though.

as noted, I did find Laser's Blue upgrade powerplants had the bug. It took me a while to find it. I had to run every general, with every powerp plant, in every conditionstate, with a variety of weapons, just to see which ones wouldn't disapear under what conditions. :p

If you silly testers had been testing and not just playing you could have just told me "Laser, 2nd upgrade, all death types" and I could have fixed it months ago. :p (all of you, not just Violence) Anyhow, it's been tracked down and fixed. If any powerplants, OTHER than Laser's 2nd upgrade, have this bug you (or another tester) need to hurry up and let me know so I can fix it too.

I've pretty much cleared the known (major) bug list for now. Theres one or two that I can't pinpoint, such as why Infa general's Artillery Caller would target crashed planes, but most are cleared. Starting tonight I'm going to try and get AirF general prettied up real quick for the patch.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#28 olli

olli

Resident Pilot

• Project Team
  • 3,157 posts
  • Projects:Remix Escalation Top Quality Imaginer and Pro Tester. CnC Guild Gossip Whore
  •  Misanthropic Hulking Adonis

Posted 13 February 2007 - 07:03 PM

ok sorry :p
its just hard to find the time for me with coursework and exams etc
Posted Image
CnC Guild - As ancient as time itself.
Do you like anything CnC releated? Then the CnC guild likes you! Go make friends with it.

Latest Remix Escalation on ModDB
Remix Escalation on Revora - Track the latest news and changes.

#29 Phoenix911

Phoenix911

SAS Alpha Team Leader (Forum n00b Hunter 1st battalion)

• Project Team
  • 3,950 posts
  • Projects:Remix Alpha Tester.
  •  I'm the remix alpha tester thats loves to attack n00bs... muhahah!!!

Posted 13 February 2007 - 07:31 PM

Well the reason i did not find the powerplant problem is 95% of the time when a part of my base is hit i am normaly looking somewhere else. Also 99% of the time my powerplants will die with the first attack via gen powers, sw or mass airstrike on one.
Tanks and such units rarely get past my defence line to even see them die, also all my powerplants are normaly the more distance buildings from the front. IMO losing a war factorys or barricks is better than losing power.
Phoenix™ The Forgotten Samurai
A wise man chooses death before war, A wiser man chooses not to become war.
Posted Image
Foamy!?!! Xombie!?! Awesome Cannon Rock
Everyone should watch this and pass it on as its a very good argument on the subject of Global Warming.

#30 Guest_Caladan_*

Guest_Caladan_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 February 2007 - 10:52 PM

With China Infantry general - I noticed the 1st level tech building has, I believe, 4 different upgrades. I built the second level building, the one that looks like it is multiple pagodas with 3/4 levels. For some reason, the upgrades were exactly the same ones. I checked and re-checked, selecting each building. I thought it was because I did a trick: Had the advanced dozer 'start' the building, then move that and have a regular dozer actually finish building it. But, for good measure, I built a second one using only the advanced dozer with same results. I thought it was a bug, but the second game with infantry, I tried it again and suddenly I had access to 4 different upgrades. Weird. I had not made any installation changes to my computer, either.

I also only have Contra installed, no other mods.

I didn't have this problem the 2 times I played with Infrantry, but I *did* have the problem the two times I played Tank general. I also built 2 of the advanced tech buildings to double check, but they only had the same upgrade options as the 1st level. Could it be related to the general's power choices you make? I know for Tank some of them unlock certain units and upgrades, so maybe I didn't select the 'right' ones to get additional upgrade choices for the building?

#31 Striker26

Striker26
  • Members
  • 191 posts

Posted 13 February 2007 - 11:07 PM

i havent found many bugs right now....i thought there was a bug with laser general but i had to go up a rank

#32 Ubermedic

Ubermedic

Victims Of A Down

• Project Team
  • 1,221 posts
  • Projects:V|GO Beta Testing, Remix Alpha Testing, Learning Mapping in Hammer
  •  IT'S BUG FREE!

Posted 13 February 2007 - 11:15 PM

Words...

Words...

I've seen this one in the past. But clicking on other buildings/destruction of the old building worked to clear it up.
V|GO Beta Testing Staff
Posted Image
The hand has five fingers. Capable and strong. Able to both create and destroy

#33 Pendaelose

Pendaelose

Remix3 Modder

• Hosted
  • 5,687 posts

Posted 14 February 2007 - 12:36 AM

the tech center command set is now fixed. the new center has code based off the old one, so wheny ou purchaed the emergency repair upgrade it caused the tech lab to change command sets, just like the propoganda center. Its fixed now.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#34 Guest_Caladan_*

Guest_Caladan_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 February 2007 - 12:37 AM

I've seen this one in the past. But clicking on other buildings/destruction of the old building worked to clear it up.

I actually tried the first one multiple times (clicking on other buildings, then re-clicking on it) and that didn't work. I'll try the second one though, destroying the 1st level building, after I've got all the upgrades. Thank you.

#35 Guest_Violence (Not Logged In)_*

Guest_Violence (Not Logged In)_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 February 2007 - 02:30 AM

It just never occured to me that only the upgraded ones (2nd Lvl) were behaving like that.. I don't think it was THAT obvious.

And hey, it's been SOOOOOO long until I recently started playing on the network I created!!!
And during this time ALL I did with Remix 3 was testing on LAN even though I am not even part of the team, formally or not. That's 4 dedicated testers doing PvP looking for OPs, imbalances, bugs and glitches.

What can I say, we just missed that small detail. :p

And don't forget you have created such a cool mod, it's hard NOT to simply enjoy it and just sit there looking for problems.. :p

Np...!!

:p OHHHHHH RIGHT, did you finally fix the War Factory of China Tank? I mean the Specialized Production problem where I think choosing Battle Master Specialty still gave you Gattling Tank Specialty factories or something...? :p

#36 Pendaelose

Pendaelose

Remix3 Modder

• Hosted
  • 5,687 posts

Posted 14 February 2007 - 02:50 AM

did you finally fix the War Factory of China Tank? I mean the Specialized Production problem where I think choosing Battle Master Specialty still gave you Gattling Tank Specialty factories or something...? :p

I fixed the crash, but I couldn't find what you were talking about. I built a variety of specialized factories and none of them built the wrong thing.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#37 oops2005

oops2005
  • Members
  • 100 posts

Posted 14 February 2007 - 05:13 AM

some little bug:
in Tank Gen's loading screen, you said he has Sat Hack 3 as one of SWs, but he doesnot have it actually.

EDIT: sorry, my fault. Today I played him again, I built two sat ceter, one has the sat hack 3 but the other hasnot.

Edited by oops2005, 14 February 2007 - 10:53 AM.

#38 Pendaelose

Pendaelose

Remix3 Modder

• Hosted
  • 5,687 posts

Posted 14 February 2007 - 05:34 AM

some little bug:
in Tank Gen's loading screen, you said he has Sat Hack 3 as one of SWs, but he doesnot have it actually.

yes he does.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#39 olli

olli

Resident Pilot

• Project Team
  • 3,157 posts
  • Projects:Remix Escalation Top Quality Imaginer and Pro Tester. CnC Guild Gossip Whore
  •  Misanthropic Hulking Adonis

Posted 14 February 2007 - 11:11 AM

badwolf...do you know what is stopping the admins from banning you? there are other good revora members in your area, and the only way to ban you is to do an IP ban so you can never bring your sorry ass on these forums, but in dooing that they stop the other people in the area from going on revora. please go away, every body here hates you and does not want you here. please dont ever post again. you dont deserve to play Remix or contra.

Edited by olli, 14 February 2007 - 11:12 AM.

Posted Image
CnC Guild - As ancient as time itself.
Do you like anything CnC releated? Then the CnC guild likes you! Go make friends with it.

Latest Remix Escalation on ModDB
Remix Escalation on Revora - Track the latest news and changes.

#40 need my speed

need my speed

For Soviet people!

• Hosted
  • 1,290 posts

Posted 14 February 2007 - 11:34 AM

JUST IGNORE HIM!
Please, if you see a mistake in my posts - spelling, grammar, punctuation, or whatever else - point it out. How can one learn from mistakes, if one is not corrected?
There is no wealth like knowledge, no poverty like ignorance.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users