87 replies to this topic

#1 Shine On

Shine On

Resident Photographer

• Hosted
  • 3,828 posts
  •  Ex Cameo Maker and Modder

Posted 19 February 2007 - 09:37 PM

Right over the past few weeks i have noticed alot of changes around the forums. Both with sudden rank changes and now also forum changes. I'm not sure about the other people here on Revora but i'm getting pissed off at the fact that everything just keeps suddenly changing... and there is no form of explination given. Or if there is, its been prized out slowly and painfully :crazed:

So now's a chance for the NL's and Admins to explain what the hell is going on here. Considering that this network seems to be reliant on its members we have the right to be told about any major changes being made here... and its also classed as manners to TELL someone they are going to be demoted... and im not talking about my Mod powers, i'm on about all the other things you've done to other people...

This Network was good, until recently (the past few months) its slowly taken a dive, what with all the feuding, pulling rank, demotions and sudden re-organisations. If this keeps up im sure that it will start seriously damaging Revoras reputation. :)

Also as a final query, why was that "Who Wiped The Black Market" thread been locked? There is no logical reason for that to of happened.

Edited by Xeno, 19 February 2007 - 09:38 PM.

Posted Image

#2 Ash

Ash

Foxtrot Oscar.

• Undead
  • 15,526 posts
  • Projects:Robot Storm
  •  Keep calm and carry on.

Posted 19 February 2007 - 09:41 PM

This is reason why owls aren't daernal. If they were, who else would call to the daylight from within darkness?

#3 Destroyer

Destroyer

Byte me

• Members
  • 2,305 posts
  • Projects:Having fun
  •  Just this guy, you know?

Posted 19 February 2007 - 10:22 PM

@ Paradox: YA RLY

Communication breakdown,
Its always the same,
I'm having a nervous breakdown,
Drive me insane!

Yes, the network is growing large. No, that is not an excuse to no longer care about members.

#4 Blodo

Blodo

The one who disagrees

• Project Team
  • 3,002 posts
  • Projects:siteMeister, Mental Omega
  •  The wise guy

Posted 19 February 2007 - 10:31 PM

I would break the beans, but that's Banshee's job seeing as he is the networks PR. Apparently he's not doing a very good job at it either, if people still have no idea what's going on.

ARGUMENT FROM CREATION, a.k.a. ARGUMENT FROM PERSONAL INCREDULITY (I)
(1) If evolution is false, then creationism is true, and therefore God exists.
(2) Evolution can't be true, since I lack the mental capacity to understand it; moreover, to accept its truth would cause me to be uncomfortable.
(3) Therefore, God exists.

#5 Banshee

Banshee

One Vision, One Purpose!

• Network Admins
  • 9,045 posts
  • Projects:PPM, PPM: Final Dawn, OS SHP Builder, OS Palette Editor, OS W3D Viewer, VXLSE III, etc...
  •  Retired Network Leader
  • Division:Revora
  • Job:Maintenance Admin

Posted 19 February 2007 - 11:15 PM

My crystall ball doesn't work, honestly. Neither my mind reading device, my magic wand and also my.....

Man, in a good team, everyone comunicates. You can't expect me to speak for everyone here. I only knew about the reform Mig did at the RA2 Editing Forums after Xeno posts that topic.
Project Perfect Mod

Command & Conquer Mods, Mods Support, Public Researchs, Map Archives, Tutorials, Tools, A Friendly Community and much more. Check it out now!

Posted Image

#6 Lee

Lee

title available

• Division Leaders
  • 2,313 posts
  • Projects:Life
  • Division:Art & Design
  • Job:Division Leader

Posted 19 February 2007 - 11:39 PM

As I said before, after moaping around the internet for a few years now, I have learn't professionalism and many skills. I think thats what this place needs. You need to explore the internet abit more and check out other communities, see how they do it.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#7 Ash

Ash

Foxtrot Oscar.

• Undead
  • 15,526 posts

Posted 20 February 2007 - 01:15 AM

My crystall ball doesn't work, honestly.

That's MY line! You stole it!

Edited by Paradox, 20 February 2007 - 01:15 AM.

#8 Hostile

Hostile

Benefitting Humanity Simply by Showing Up!

• Veterans
  • 9,551 posts
  •  T3A Founder
  • Job:Global Administrator
  • Donated
  • Association

Posted 20 February 2007 - 01:26 AM

As I said before, after moaping around the internet for a few years now, I have learn't professionalism and many skills. I think thats what this place needs. You need to explore the internet abit more and check out other communities, see how they do it.

Well when you where admin you didn't, so don't play innocent now. Don't make believe, only now, you saw the light of how a forum should be run. You had more than enough time to lead people to that "promised land"

You know what you did? Nothing, go make a note of that for historians sake.

#9 Lee

Lee

title available

• Division Leaders
  • 2,313 posts

Posted 20 February 2007 - 01:39 AM

I grew very bored of Revora once this whole 'Revorlution' happened, Revora grew stagnent. There wasn't much point in doing anything as there was nothing to do that had any point to it.

I dont want to start a flame war, so please calm down :/

Oh btw. I looked after the hostees, set up new FTPs and what not for new hostees, managed the forums, organized SOTW, made a redesign for RCAlert (was never coded in though) and did graphical requests here and there.

Edited by Lee, 20 February 2007 - 01:42 AM.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#10 Blodo

Blodo

The one who disagrees

• Project Team
  • 3,002 posts
  •  The wise guy

Posted 20 February 2007 - 01:52 AM

Well when you where admin you didn't, so don't play innocent now. Don't make believe, only now, you saw the light of how a forum should be run. You had more than enough time to lead people to that "promised land"

I did nothing too. Why? Because I was getting chronically bored of it all. Also I don't know how many people actually did work during the "Revrevolution" but it sure wasn't many. And those that did weren't posting progress, the network felt like everybody forgot about it - go figure.

Motivation is everything. No motivation - no work. Replacing all staff every once in a while won't do you much good honestly.

(2) Evolution can't be true, since I lack the mental capacity to understand it; moreover, to accept its truth would cause me to be uncomfortable.

#11 Banshee

Banshee

One Vision, One Purpose!

• Network Admins
  • 9,045 posts
  • Projects:PPM, PPM: Final Dawn, OS SHP Builder, OS Palette Editor, OS W3D Viewer, VXLSE III, etc...

Posted 20 February 2007 - 02:26 AM

Motivation is mutual. If your motivation is low and you clearly show it, you are also lowering the motivation of the others who work for the same cause.

What do you guys expect? Perfection? No... everything has a timing and so does Revora.
Project Perfect Mod

Command & Conquer Mods, Mods Support, Public Researchs, Map Archives, Tutorials, Tools, A Friendly Community and much more. Check it out now!

Posted Image

#12 Blodo

Blodo

The one who disagrees

• Project Team
  • 3,002 posts
  •  The wise guy

Posted 20 February 2007 - 03:41 AM

So the obvious solution is to fire me then, right? Great solution! Let's ignore the root of the problem completely, and focus on things that don't matter at all.

It is your fault that somebody isn't motivated to begin with. Everybody had a certain (usually large) amount of motivation when they joined. You still refuse to ask yourself the question: Where did that motivation disappear?

#13 Banshee

Banshee

One Vision, One Purpose!

• Network Admins
  • 9,045 posts

Posted 20 February 2007 - 05:18 AM

Firing is not the best solution. I prefer talking with the person on MSN and trying to see what's going on instead of posting this kind of thing in the forum. People seem to have problems to distuinguish what is a private issue and what is a public issue and where to post certain things.
Project Perfect Mod

Posted Image

#14 Athena

Athena

Embody the Truth

• Undead
  • 6,946 posts
  •  Former Community Leader

Posted 20 February 2007 - 08:52 AM

Also as a final query, why was that "Who Wiped The Black Market" thread been locked? There is no logical reason for that to of happened.

Yes, there is.

Yes, the network is growing large. No, that is not an excuse to no longer care about members.

I can't speak for everyone, but I do care about the members. However, it gets hard to *keep* caring for certain people when they so often get you down, backstab you, tell you in unconstructive ways how to do your job, or do not care about you anymore. Note that the previous sentence applies to a few people only.

Man, in a good team, everyone comunicates. You can't expect me to speak for everyone here. I only knew about the reform Mig did at the RA2 Editing Forums after Xeno posts that topic.

I agree, communication comes from *both* sides.

I grew very bored of Revora once this whole 'Revorlution' happened, Revora grew stagnent. There wasn't much point in doing anything as there was nothing to do that had any point to it.

There were plenty of things to do. I agree with Hostile here. And, IF indeed you got bored, why don't you contact one of us? I can't guess 100% how you feel Lee.

I dont want to start a flame war, so please calm down :/

Good. Neither do I.

Oh btw. I looked after the hostees, set up new FTPs and what not for new hostees, managed the forums, organized SOTW, made a redesign for RCAlert (was never coded in though) and did graphical requests here and there.

Those things you did, but the last couple of months as RCalert admin, you didn't do that much tbh. As ROC admin you didn't do a lot either lately.

I did nothing too. Why? Because I was getting chronically bored of it all.

You didn't do much indeed.
You're always free to say so and step down from your position. But you didn't.

It is your fault that somebody isn't motivated to begin with. Everybody had a certain (usually large) amount of motivation when they joined. You still refuse to ask yourself the question: Where did that motivation disappear?

We can't force people to like a job. Same way I can't force a modder to continue modding if they don't feel up for it anymore. You can try to motivate people, true, but you can't radically change their minds. I can show you the road to your destination, but you're the one that has to walk over it.

@ all
You know what also gets peoples motivation down? This constant whining and bickering. If you don't like it here, either say something constructive, or just go. We do not force you to stay here. Don't waste other people's time by being unconstructive only.

#15 Rawlo

Rawlo

Word Smith

• Project Team
  • 1,616 posts
  •  as it turns out, was never actually a convict, go figure.

Posted 20 February 2007 - 12:35 PM

I never thought I'd say this to you gaia, but that was a load of political bullshit.

no wonder so many people think you NLs are assholes, we come to you with a complaint and the first thing you do is pass the buck onto your inferiers, or blaim us. I don't know if this is the way you intend to work here but in the real world the leaders of any group that succedes make sure they know whats going on. thats how the fuck you know what your community's doing. and you make sure that your staff also know whats going on. In short stop passing the buck, it's sickening, because this used to be a great place and now it's beginning to turn into a real shit hole
The Least I Could Do - We all wished we were like this at one point
Ctrl+Alt+Del - A webcomic for the gamer in all of us
A final good night Burnie, sleep well mate, rest in peace
Goodbye Tig, you are sorely missed.
Goodbye to you aswell till, you'll also be missed

Xeno, RIP mate
"I'm going to go on the record and say that any substance abuse problem which creates women like that is ok by me"

#16 Ash

Ash

Foxtrot Oscar.

• Undead
  • 15,526 posts

Posted 20 February 2007 - 01:17 PM

Another owl joins the hooting chorus.

#17 Lee

Lee

title available

• Division Leaders
  • 2,313 posts

Posted 20 February 2007 - 01:31 PM

As ROC admin you didn't do a lot either lately.

Interesting. So how is the clan still alive?

No offence but Revora didn't have anything to do with the clan (of course it doesnt anymore) but it never really did. I bet any NL here couldn't name some of the players without having to look up a member list.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#18 ched

ched

• Undead
  • 4,431 posts
  • Projects:Rhovanion Alliance
  •  T3A Team Chamber Member
  • Division:BFME
  • Job:Previous Division Leader

Posted 20 February 2007 - 01:40 PM

As ROC admin you didn't do a lot either lately.

Interesting. So how is the clan still alive?

No offence but Revora didn't have anything to do with the clan (of course it doesnt anymore) but it never really did. I bet any NL here couldn't name some of the players without having to look up a member list.

could you name any T3Aers ? I bet you can't even name the moderating team.
NLs are supposed to care about the network. Each with his/her task. Not to know about every single attempt to build a community.

so that's not a valid argument.
Software is like sex; it's better when it's free ~Linus Torvald

#19 Lee

Lee

title available

• Division Leaders
  • 2,313 posts

Posted 20 February 2007 - 01:50 PM

Touche. However, there is always the fact that the clan is still alive and active.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#20 Shine On

Shine On

Resident Photographer

• Hosted
  • 3,828 posts
  •  Ex Cameo Maker and Modder

Posted 20 February 2007 - 02:03 PM

People seem to have problems to distuinguish what is a private issue and what is a public issue and where to post certain things.

The reason why i posted THIS thread here is so that everyone (including standard members) can see what the issues are and voiced their oppinions too. Sorry that this isn't as well thought out and covered up as you may of wanted but thats tough.

Its getting quite pathetic that people are constantly using the excuse "well i'm not a mind reader" or words to that same vain. You have eyes dont you, you have common sense don't you, if things grind to a halt then a little lightbulb should appear in your brain "Hmm why has this happened, i'd better look into this". Rather then leave it for several months (with the project just sitting there) and then suddenly fire the people involved.

As the name Network Leaders suggests, you are ment to be leaders of the Network. We understand that you can't know about everything thats going on but you as LEADERS control, to a certain extend, what the admins and such are doing. Especially if its area/member changes :scars:

Yes, there is

Ok, would you mind clarifying this? Rather giving another of your bloody cryptic responses. That thread wasn't doing any harm, there was no flaming and just people asking WTF happened :scars:

Edited by Xeno, 20 February 2007 - 02:05 PM.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users