Solinx

• Undead
  • 3,101 posts
  • Projects:Real Life
  • Division:Revora
  • Job:Retired Leader / Manager

Posted 22 February 2007 - 07:38 PM

Edit: 2play already replied himself /edit

Alright, let's try to fix this bit of mis-communication then.

Let me first say I do not agree with 2play, im just retelling what I read.

This is the comment it started with, is it not?

Why warn someone, if you're going to fire him anyway? Just fire him and properly explain the reasons within an hour (if possible).

Here 2playgames states that it shouldn't be an issue to fire someone before notifying him, if he is going to be fired no matter what he says.

- The person is going to be fired no matter what he says
- The person is contacted, only after the firing.
- If possible, the person has to be contacted within one hour after being fired.

Your reaction to this, directly with 2plays reaction to that:

So let's fire everybody without giving them a chance to actually clarify the situation or communicating with them at all, then let them figure out for themselves that they have been fired? Oh that's such a great idea, I can now see why you are an admin here.

please, just try to read when responding. i said, why warn someone, when you're going to fire him anyway. sometimes people do such a bad job, that it's not excusable

You think 2playgames wants to justify the lack of notification around, before and after, the demotions.
That he didn't.

He said that there shouldn't always have to be a notification before the demotion. As long as there is a notification immediatly after the demotion.

So, he did say there has to be a notification, he just didn't think it should have to be before the demotion.

In his own answer he doesn't react to this aspect., however, Ched does:

oh come on Blodo. Read again and you'll see that reasons are properly given.

Now the use of the word "reasons" is a bit confusing, although it should be clear enough when you read the first post from 2play, not just the second.

What Ched means here is what I have been explaining above, namely that 2playgames is of the opinion that the "reasons" do need to be given. He just thinks they could also be given directly after the demotion, as long as the reasons are given.

I hope this bit of mis communication has been cleared, if not, please explain what is still bothering you about this. Thanks.

I replied to Blodo's post, even though his post was about the past, I only did this because I think the situation is the result of mis communication, and would like to have it cleared. I didn't state my stance on it. Like I said, I would like the discussion about past times to end, and discussion about the future to start.

Solinx: I think you oughta list "fix mis-communication" like two or three times on that list. Just to be sure.

Believe me, it's clearly visible on the list next to my PC. Perhaps not written down two or three times, but written down big enough. ;)

Solinx
Posted Image

"An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made in a very narrow field." - Niels Bohr

#82 Bart

Bart

• Network Admins
  • 8,524 posts
  • Job:Network Leader

Posted 22 February 2007 - 07:44 PM

I'm also not saying that people should never be notified beforehand. Just that it's not a world-disaster if they aren't, once or twice.
bartvh | Join me, make your signature small!
Einstein: "We can’t solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them."

#83 Ash

Ash

Foxtrot Oscar.

• Undead
  • 15,526 posts
  • Projects:Robot Storm
  •  Keep calm and carry on.

Posted 23 February 2007 - 04:28 PM

Still hardly fair, though.

And Solinx, I didn't bring up Meaaov - I responded to the fact somebody else did. As far as I'm concerned, it is, and has always been, irrelevant to this discussion (irrespective of the fact that a number of the dismissed staff could be presumed to have been dismissed because of their involvement), which has been about lack of communication and random dismissal of loads of staffers for no clear reason. Hostile didn't give one, and as far as I am aware, nobody else has given a sound justification for the dismissal of all those people. Someone else brought Meaaov up claiming it to be relevant. I have to say that I believe the justifications given are pure flannel, and that Meaaov did affect your decision to dismiss them, however, even if we work on the grounds that it wasn't because of Meaaov, it still would've been nice that they were communicated with before they, for lack of a better phrase, got dicked.

And Blaat - I don't recall having a shitted-up internet connection as being a fair grounds for dismissal. I also very much don't recall it ever entering into the discussion about my dismissal. I delegated those tasks to you because I knew that you'd be able to get 'em done in my absence, thus keeping the place running until I could actually get back to doing them myself (I, personally, would consider that to be rather good management, as opposed to letting the place stagnate without letting anyone know where I'd disappeared to and why). Again, I still feel some discussion with me about the whole matter would have been more appropriate than what can only be considered backstabbing. Finding out about whisperings behind one's back only fuel for one's paranoia.

Look, long story short, even if nothing was to come of the whole dismissal thing, I would still have appreciated that someone bring the matter up with me.

Besides, why the fuck are you even arguing about this? Members (also, I should note that they are members OTHER THAN ME - this means you are actually allowed to pay attention to it!!) have complained about lack of communication. You're arguing the toss with those members. Why? That's all but saying 'we're not ever going to notify you when you're fired, nor ever tell you why'. You're painting a very bad picture of yourselves... ;)

#84 Banshee

Banshee

One Vision, One Purpose!

• Network Admins
  • 9,045 posts
  • Projects:PPM, PPM: Final Dawn, OS SHP Builder, OS Palette Editor, OS W3D Viewer, VXLSE III, etc...
  •  Retired Network Leader
  • Job:Maintenance Admin

Posted 23 February 2007 - 06:29 PM

Paradox, we've actually made a post at RCC that we knew most of you would read about the massive fire event. And it really happened to that post to appear, as we expected, on Meaaov staff forums, according to what Spencer told us. We've also talked to most of these people about it on MSN. We know all that was done after people being fired. Some of the people who were fired, talked with us and has prooven us that we've made mistakes. So, Spencer and Blodo were re-hired or not fired at all.

With that said, we understand that, from now on, we will improve comunication with the staff and, if someone is close to be fired, the person will be contacted. We should add something like that in the next constitution. We are already making some standards on this direction...
Project Perfect Mod

Command & Conquer Mods, Mods Support, Public Researchs, Map Archives, Tutorials, Tools, A Friendly Community and much more. Check it out now!

Posted Image

#85 Ash

Ash

Foxtrot Oscar.

• Undead
  • 15,526 posts

Posted 25 February 2007 - 12:09 PM

To be fair, I was fired at a wholly different time, but the reasons still apply. I did what I did BECAUSE of a lack of communications, and I call for a policy of openness when it concerns an individual, rather than twerping around behind people's backs.

And as far as I'm concerned, the mass fire was fucking ridiculous, and it's no wonder people are gonna keep rioting about it. I was already a Project Team. WHY THE HELL WAS I KNOCKED DOWN FURTHER? I swear, we still haven't had a proper, sane, rational explanation or an apology from Hostile, and I still for my part demand one, purely because of the inconvenience and the dicking around trying to get you to listen to me that I had to do.

As for everyone else, if they're as incensed as I am, they should ask for the same thing. As it is, Hostile throws his weight around in the admin and staff, but seems to refuse to join the party down here where we can pull him apart for his stupid actions.

#86 Hostile

Hostile

Benefitting Humanity Simply by Showing Up!

• Veterans
  • 9,551 posts
  •  T3A Founder
  • Job:Global Administrator
  • Donated
  • Association

Posted 27 February 2007 - 01:37 AM

Maybe it has something to do with the fact I'm on holidays for 2.5 weeks and only hit the net every few days and on dial-up?

Or do you think I'm supposed to give you my cell phone number so you can contact me anywhere in the world to demand your apology?

When I get back and have more time in 5 days or so, than I'll deliver you your proper apology via a depository. :rolleyes: Ash you know my email address, you know how to PM me. Communication right? ;)

Catch you in a few days...

#87 Ash

Ash

Foxtrot Oscar.

• Undead
  • 15,526 posts

Posted 28 February 2007 - 05:41 PM

Yeah and you can communicate right here. I don't give a shit about your phone number (let's face it, I have GIRLS to ring...I wouldn't ring you! :p ), and you weren't away on holidays when all this shit kicked off. Either way, enjoy yer hols and cya soon :cool2:

Edited by Paradox, 28 February 2007 - 05:42 PM.

#88 Hostile

Hostile

Benefitting Humanity Simply by Showing Up!

• Veterans
  • 9,551 posts
  •  T3A Founder
  • Job:Global Administrator
  • Donated
  • Association

Posted 03 March 2007 - 07:42 AM

Im back and am able to talk more. Ash, if you want to talk one on one I'll do that. It'll be kinda hard with jetlag, real life job after holidays, and cnc3 launching soon.

But Ash, I like you and am willing to take the time to chat and sort through things. Mano y mano...

And I don't care if we talk on the phone to be honest. I know that talking rather than typing communicates ideas much quicker.

I'm not above calling you at my expense to simply talk this through and to it's completeness.

And well I don't know too many NL willing to do that. But I am. So you let me know... I'm part of running Revora here, I don't have time to try to find where to respond post and reply to these kinda forum convos.

I'm very serious...I have many more important things to tend to in both RL and at online Revora. :p

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users