Photo

how to play with NOD - no download needed !

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#1 OMRi1712

OMRi1712
  • Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 28 February 2007 - 01:28 PM

credit to CNCDEN :p

To choose Nod simply do this, In the Skirmish menu highlight/click Nod as the faction you want to play. Since Nod starts with 'N', you have to hit "N" on your keyboard.

You have now selected Nod. This also works as choosing to fight against GDI (hit 'G' instead of 'N'). And works for the AI traits thing ( the one that says Balanced, Rusher, etc...)

Have Fun!

#2 olli

olli

Resident Pilot

• Project Team
  • 3,157 posts
  • Projects:Remix Escalation Top Quality Imaginer and Pro Tester. CnC Guild Gossip Whore
  •  Misanthropic Hulking Adonis

Posted 28 February 2007 - 04:55 PM

what the hell are you on about?
Posted Image
CnC Guild - As ancient as time itself.
Do you like anything CnC releated? Then the CnC guild likes you! Go make friends with it.

Latest Remix Escalation on ModDB
Remix Escalation on Revora - Track the latest news and changes.

#3 Phoenix911

Phoenix911

SAS Alpha Team Leader (Forum n00b Hunter 1st battalion)

• Project Team
  • 3,950 posts
  • Projects:Remix Alpha Tester.
  •  I'm the remix alpha tester thats loves to attack n00bs... muhahah!!!

Posted 28 February 2007 - 04:58 PM

He is telling u how to play nod in the demo of ti wars.
I did download it but it failed to save after completing and i was like omfg u bastard and have not tryed since.
Phoenix™ The Forgotten Samurai
A wise man chooses death before war, A wiser man chooses not to become war.
Posted Image
Foamy!?!! Xombie!?! Awesome Cannon Rock
Everyone should watch this and pass it on as its a very good argument on the subject of Global Warming.

#4 olli

olli

Resident Pilot

• Project Team
  • 3,157 posts
  • Projects:Remix Escalation Top Quality Imaginer and Pro Tester. CnC Guild Gossip Whore

Posted 28 February 2007 - 04:59 PM

wtd does he mean, no download needed? you have to download the demo lol
Posted Image
Do you like anything CnC releated? Then the CnC guild likes you! Go make friends with it.

#5 OMRi1712

OMRi1712
  • Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 28 February 2007 - 05:04 PM

i mean no patch download needed : \

#6 olli

olli

Resident Pilot

• Project Team
  • 3,157 posts

Posted 28 February 2007 - 05:16 PM

this is bollocks
ive tried it. have you even downloaded the demo and tried it? you cant do this.

Edited by olli, 28 February 2007 - 05:16 PM.

Posted Image

#7 OMRi1712

OMRi1712
  • Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 28 February 2007 - 05:19 PM

yses i did it

http://img172.images...7646/854el1.jpg

its a photo of the NODs nuke

:p

Edited by OMRi1712, 28 February 2007 - 05:19 PM.

#8 Athena

Athena

Embody the Truth

• Undead
  • 6,946 posts
  •  Former Community Leader

Posted 28 February 2007 - 06:16 PM

http://forums.revora...showtopic=46566

Please use the C&C3 forums for C&C3 related discussions :p.

#9 Phoenix911

Phoenix911

• Project Team
  • 3,950 posts

Posted 28 February 2007 - 06:35 PM

Why? we have a military and social banter section? its not hurting anybody if we use this area its just convinent and also means that the posters of the conrtra/remix section will see our posts when there the peaple we may want to read them.
Posted Image
Everyone should watch this and pass it on as its a very good argument on the subject of Global Warming.

#10 olli

olli

Resident Pilot

• Project Team
  • 3,157 posts

Posted 28 February 2007 - 07:32 PM

wooo hoo it worked ! avatar mech owns!
well what you have to do, is press and HOLD N, then click the select team drop down menu and click nod, not just press it once.

did you know you can upgrade the avatar mech with all of the upgrades it gets from uints? you can have an extra laser, a flamethrower, a clocking device and stealh detection on the same mech? i thought you could only chose one. but no, you can have an uber mech. its laser are high damaging, fast firing long range ownage beams and the flame thrower its uber. it also crushes any thing under foot. and the animation is good when it destroys the target unit to get its weapon (only works on friendly units) its claw comes down, destroys the unit, and it places it on its back or arm, depending on what it is.
this is a really good demo!
Posted Image

#11 Pendaelose

Pendaelose

Remix3 Modder

• Hosted
  • 5,687 posts
  • Projects:Remix Beta 1.0

Posted 28 February 2007 - 07:38 PM

that makes me curious enough to try the demo.

Now, the REAL question is have they finaly eleminated the Mis-match errors and cleaned up the AI scripting. If the answer to BOTH of these is "yes" then I'd be excited enough to drop everything and start working on CnC3 instead.

don't worry... I don't have nearly enough faith in EA to posibly believe they really fixed those bugs.
Posted Image
Posted Image

Between now and the next polished release there should be very little new art work done. Instead the focus is on designing, testing, and fixing. the mod has always been so close to finished that its nearly criminal. I'd love to see this through to the end with a real community effort.

#12 PR 4 @LL!!!

PR 4 @LL!!!
  • Members
  • 157 posts
  • Projects:HAving fun
  •  Nothings impossible!

Posted 28 February 2007 - 07:40 PM

yea it owns like the rest of the demo unfortunatly the missions dont work for me, but skirmish doesl brutal is unwinnable lol

whats wrong with EA i like them

Edited by PR 4 @LL!!!, 28 February 2007 - 07:41 PM.

#13 Pendaelose

Pendaelose

Remix3 Modder

• Hosted
  • 5,687 posts

Posted 28 February 2007 - 08:14 PM

four CONSECUTIVE game releases with the same bug kinda pisses me off. Personaly, I don't care how pretty the game is, I just want stable multi-player. If they can't offer that I have no reason to buy the game.
Posted Image
Posted Image

Between now and the next polished release there should be very little new art work done. Instead the focus is on designing, testing, and fixing. the mod has always been so close to finished that its nearly criminal. I'd love to see this through to the end with a real community effort.

#14 Athena

Athena

Embody the Truth

• Undead
  • 6,946 posts
  •  Former Community Leader

Posted 28 February 2007 - 08:17 PM

Why?

Because we don't have a C&C3 section for nothing. If every mod did this, think of how little discussion would be done in the main forums.

#15 taclled

taclled
  • Members
  • 122 posts

Posted 28 February 2007 - 09:19 PM

btw you can do the same for scrn or so hear
Posted Image

#16 olli

olli

Resident Pilot

• Project Team
  • 3,157 posts

Posted 28 February 2007 - 10:09 PM

there is no multiplayer option pend, in the demo. and please finish this (or at least chinass new lightneing tech) before you move on. dont leave a fantastic project unfinished. :p
Posted Image

#17 Guest_Guest_Guy980_*_*

Guest_Guest_Guy980_*_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 February 2007 - 10:16 PM

Arg, i got banned.

besides that, lol i have to try this.

#18 Pendaelose

Pendaelose

Remix3 Modder

• Hosted
  • 5,687 posts

Posted 01 March 2007 - 12:01 AM

there is no multiplayer option pend, in the demo. and please finish this (or at least chinass new lightneing tech) before you move on. dont leave a fantastic project unfinished. :p

I'll defanitly finish the lightning tech, as well as a good sized list of other changes that have been asked for.

I played exactly one level of the demo so far, and I'm not really impressed. The terrain and models look alot like the render quality in BFME2, but the game play feels sooo much like older RTS games. I guess they were trying to recapture some of the original CnC feeling, but it just didn't do it for me. I prefer company of heros a thousand times more.

still, i'm going to give the skermish a few go-at-its and play both sides, etc. I'll give it a full fair shake. In other topics in the CnC3Guild area I've seen the early test versions were still prone to the missmatch bug... these were early versions, but it does give me a great deal of pause. There is no way I will waste my time on CnC3 modding if the mismatch still exsists.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#19 Phoenix911

Phoenix911

• Project Team
  • 3,950 posts

Posted 01 March 2007 - 12:30 AM

And now u can all see why i WISH Westwood was not merged with EA cos westwood made cnc great and they was all ways good and 99% bug free.
Posted Image

#20 Pendaelose

Pendaelose

Remix3 Modder

• Hosted
  • 5,687 posts

Posted 01 March 2007 - 01:13 AM

I played my first skermish round. I played as Nod. I agree the avtar snatching weapons was cool... but it was stuper over powered. I built one mech. It canabailized a flame tank, a beam cannon thingy, and a stealth tank. Now it has an artillery beam, an anti-tank laser, a flame thrower, AND its invisible. I destroyed the enemy base with one of them... It ate tanks with ease, and it shattered a command center in just a couple seconds. Ofcourse, if stepping on infantry wasn't evil enough, it just sets them all on fire dragon style (nice fire fx). WAY OTT though.

So far my opinion is that the game as great particle FX, but everything else is only OK at best. I'm not enraptured by it at all. Even if they did fix the bugs I don't think I'm going to buy it. And I'm not going to mod it.

The Ion Strike is to-die for beutiful... I'm SOOO inspired by that. It can't be matched 100 percent, but I am sooo gonna see what I can do.
Posted Image
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users