Mapping For ICFRA

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_The Commander_*

Guest_The Commander_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 March 2007 - 01:31 PM

Ive worked out how to get buildings in FinalAlert to show as they do in ICFRA but i cant get the damn velchales or infantry to. If I could get them to I was going to start recreating some missions.

And help on this would be great.

#2 Daz

Daz

title available

• Hosted
  • 2,654 posts
  •  Revora Co-Founder

Posted 06 March 2007 - 02:13 PM

I'm sure it all worked for me by leaving rulesmd.ini, artmd.ini and the lunar ini in the game directory.

#3 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 March 2007 - 02:59 PM

I'm sure it all worked for me by leaving rulesmd.ini, artmd.ini and the lunar ini in the game directory.

It must be lunar.ini
Can maps only be made using the lunar thearter? When I was trying to make a map I was using snow and the urban 1 and could only get buildings to show. It seems the FinalAlert has a problem showing the voxals from ICFRA

#4 Daz

Daz

title available

• Hosted
  • 2,654 posts
  •  Revora Co-Founder

Posted 06 March 2007 - 03:43 PM

The other theatres are fine, it's just that lunar is the half converted one.
To be honest you're probably best off sticking to the other ones.

Come to think of it voxels didn't work for me last time I tried it (I don't have it all set up at the moment so I can't try it now), but I've had them work before.

#5 Guest_The Commander_*

Guest_The Commander_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 March 2007 - 04:27 AM

The other theatres are fine, it's just that lunar is the half converted one.
To be honest you're probably best off sticking to the other ones.

Come to think of it voxels didn't work for me last time I tried it (I don't have it all set up at the moment so I can't try it now), but I've had them work before.

Yeah, Well the best I can get in FinalAlert Map editor is for the Buildings to show up. As soon as we can work out how to get the Velchales and infantry to show up then some serious mapping can start and then maybe maps can be released for Single Player campain.

I had started to work on the 1st level for the Allies, Rescuing Einstine from the Soviet Tech center, But kinda hard when you only got buildings to work with, lol ;)

#6 Mammoth Tank Commander

Mammoth Tank Commander
  • Members
  • 9 posts
  •  Scout

Posted 08 July 2007 - 03:11 PM

I believe that Final Alert will only load voxels from the main MIX files, When i created some voxels i i used to place them into the directory as u didnt have to worry bout placing them into a MIX file, but they didnt show up in Final Alert. There are some mods where the vehicles show up, but mainly i believe its FF not oading the correct MIX files. Not realy sure but i think thats the jist of it.
N. E. Wilson

#7 Daz

Daz

title available

• Hosted
  • 2,654 posts
  •  Revora Co-Founder

Posted 08 July 2007 - 05:05 PM

It was actually just because XCC Mod Creator puts them in a mix file that FA doesn't check for.

I'm going to release a seperate mix file with R3 that you drop in your game directory for mapping.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users