Knight of dol amroth on foot

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 punisher60k

punisher60k
  • Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 07 March 2007 - 01:58 PM

I was just wondering how i would go about making a knight of dol amroth on foot. I was thinking about getting the skeleton and simply taking out the horse part. But then what would i do with the skin, would i be able to get rid of the horse on that or what? :p

Btw i don't have a good knowledge on modelling/skinning ;) but i was going to read some tutorials that are on this site :p . Though before i start is what i mentioned all i have to do?

Otherwise, is thier a mod which features this concept which i could use for my personnal use. ;)

#2 Bart

Bart

• Network Admins
  • 8,524 posts
  • Division:Revora
  • Job:Network Leader

Posted 07 March 2007 - 02:57 PM

You would open up the model, remove the horse, then adjust the knight model if neccesary and bind it to a footman's skeleton (e.g. that of gondor soldiers)
bartvh | Join me, make your signature small!
Einstein: "We can’t solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them."

#3 LordIstari

LordIstari

title available

• Hosted
  • 288 posts
  • Projects:Age Of Men
  •  Age Of Men BosS

Posted 07 March 2007 - 03:33 PM

I have made the soldier Dol amroth(for Age of Men addon) on a skeleton boromir if you will support my copyrights I shall give you them
http://img144.images...warriorsqh3.jpg
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Russian modding, Age of Men Team
AoM Site

#4 punisher60k

punisher60k
  • Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 07 March 2007 - 06:03 PM

I have made the soldier Dol amroth(for Age of Men addon) on a skeleton boromir if you will support my copyrights I shall give you them
Posted Image

yeah sure if i know what your copywrites are :p . I tried the link but im not a member of imageshack and i have been waiting for over 15 mins and i still havent got an email through. Could you perhaps post the image?

#5 ched

ched

• Undead
  • 4,431 posts
  • Projects:Rhovanion Alliance
  •  T3A Team Chamber Member
  • Division:BFME
  • Job:Previous Division Leader

Posted 07 March 2007 - 06:40 PM

if your Dol Amroth units are part of a horde, then it's impossible to code a mount perfectly.

more info here : http://forums.revora...&...st&p=152787
Software is like sex; it's better when it's free ~Linus Torvald

#6 punisher60k

punisher60k
  • Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 07 March 2007 - 06:48 PM

if your Dol Amroth units are part of a horde, then it's impossible to code a mount perfectly.

more info here : http://forums.revora...&...st&p=152787

well to be honest i made a prince imrahil hero but i didn't mention it :p though i'll check out the link. Reason why i left it out was coz i wanted the same skin as the knights, rather then making a rubbish skin for myself

Edited by punisher60k, 07 March 2007 - 06:51 PM.

#7 Bart

Bart

• Network Admins
  • 8,524 posts
  • Division:Revora
  • Job:Network Leader

Posted 08 March 2007 - 10:23 AM

though it is likely, he never said he was going to do a mount. i assume they will be 2 different units :rolleyes:
bartvh | Join me, make your signature small!
Einstein: "We can’t solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them."

#8 punisher60k

punisher60k
  • Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 08 March 2007 - 04:03 PM

though it is likely, he never said he was going to do a mount. i assume they will be 2 different units :grin:

:rolleyes: ment to mention that i was planning on making a mount for imrahil

#9 ched

ched

• Undead
  • 4,431 posts
  • Projects:Rhovanion Alliance
  •  T3A Team Chamber Member
  • Division:BFME
  • Job:Previous Division Leader

Posted 08 March 2007 - 06:17 PM

Imrahil is a hero so he can mount easily.

However, if you plan on getting your Dol Amroth knights mountable (as pretty much every single person who asked about them had planned), you'll get into a lot of problems.
Software is like sex; it's better when it's free ~Linus Torvald

#10 punisher60k

punisher60k
  • Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 08 March 2007 - 06:25 PM

Imrahil is a hero so he can mount easily.

However, if you plan on getting your Dol Amroth knights mountable (as pretty much every single person who asked about them had planned), you'll get into a lot of problems.

Okay thanks but i was just wondering how i would go about making the imrahil(based of knights of dol) on foot. I know that the model is based on the rohirrum (i think) but i was wondering how i would edit the skin of the dol amroth knight so it would fit the rohirrum.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users