Modding The Elven Alliance
Posted 02 March 2007 - 04:49 AM
Posted 02 March 2007 - 04:33 PM
Posted 02 March 2007 - 05:24 PM
There may be a simplier way to do this, but the following way works:
1) put the mod.big into the bfme main directory (same spot as WB)
2) move the original Asset.dat, Textures.big, and w3d.big files somewhere safe
3) extract the mod's art files into the correct spots (art/textures/etc, art/w3d/etc)
4) Make a new asset.dat using Sy's AssetBuilder and select "add to existing"
5) Open WB and edit as you like
6) When finished and ready to test in-game, do opposite of above: remove mod files and put originals back
Like I said, it works but it isn't pretty...
Edited by GothmogtheOrc, 02 March 2007 - 06:24 PM.
Click on my Sig to go to my BFME Modding site where you can download my mods.
Kings of the West Mod Leader
*Retired. PM me if you need to get a hold of me as I'll get an email notification and should reply within a day or so*
Posted 02 March 2007 - 06:40 PM
1) Copy the mod.big file in the main BFME directory...
2) Rename it so it starts with an A (ie, ATEA.big)
3) Make a copy of the file asset.dat, and put the original in the Support folder.
4) copy the copy of the asset.dat to the desktop.
5) Make a new asset.dat using Sy's AssetBuilder and select "add to existing"
6) to redo the changes, and to take away the mod from Worldbuilder, delete the ATEA.big, delete the asset.dat, and copy the asset.dat you have in the Support folder into the main BFME folder again
tell us if you need more details
Shadow and Flame BETA 0.6 RELEASED - Link
Posted 03 March 2007 - 05:10 AM
Posted 03 March 2007 - 05:41 AM
and i got to work! thanks abunch again
sorry i woulda just edited that post but i guess unregistered users can't edit. *goes to register*
Posted 04 March 2007 - 11:58 PM
Posted 05 March 2007 - 02:21 AM
But it will take some work, and alot of time.
First of all, if you are going to do it, get the finalbig program. Someone will link up eventully, or go to EA's site.
Posted 05 March 2007 - 06:50 AM
Posted 05 March 2007 - 04:26 PM
Posted 05 March 2007 - 06:51 PM
unit costs are under the general file name that it corresponds to. for example Arwen's build cost can be found and edited under data/ini/object/goodfaction/units/elven/arwen.ini Go to it and hit Ctr+f to bring up the find option and type in cost and hit enter. It should then take you to a thing that has BuildCost = 2000 simply edit the number 2000 to desired cost and your done. In game Arwen will cost whatever you put to build. Your going to find Galadriel, Legolas, and Gil-Galad have a build cost that says "GALADRIEL_BUILDCOST" or whatever hero respectfully. that i can't help with. i've tried editing that to no avail.
most of the elven units are found under data/ini/object/goodfaction/units/elven/onewelvenunits.ini i haven't tested weather the editing in these fields works or not, but i'm assuming it does.
most of elven buildings are under data/ini/object/goodfaction/elvenfactionbuildings.ini HOWEVER be warned that after just looking at it i'm sure some of those are NOT in the game costs and not ALL should be tampered with. Ones that match the amount you pay in game for the building can be.
Command points can be found under data/ini/object/gamedata.ini MAKE SURE YOU get the right ones though. and again haven't tested editing this either.
just as a note, the changes you make EXCEPT the ones to command points, will only affect elven faction. so if you play against a computer the computer won't be able to ... well ... fight back much if your pulling out riders for 10 bucks apiece.
and since you seem like you want to build alot fast the build times are generaly found right around the same place as cost. not all are editable but some are. so you could put 5 for a five second spawn time
and if you look around in the data/ini/object files every unit can be found just not edited.
hope this helps
Posted 05 March 2007 - 09:47 PM
Posted 05 March 2007 - 11:33 PM
Posted 06 March 2007 - 02:54 AM
Posted 06 March 2007 - 05:25 AM
Posted 06 March 2007 - 02:51 PM
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users