AI is too hard! Need help

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#1 camden123

camden123
  • New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 March 2007 - 04:59 AM

I know i sound like a newb :mad2: , but sometimes i dont want to rush, just take it easy.
also, contra looks awesome, but i just want to play around with the units. :mad2:

anyway... i was wondering how to get the skirmish scripts for reguler zero hour to work with contra 5 :mad2:

i tried just substituting the scripts but got a error report... :mad2:

any help will be apprieciated ;) ;)

#2 Casojin

Casojin

Democracy not Dictatorship

• Project Team
  • 2,121 posts
  •  Thinker

Posted 10 March 2007 - 06:58 AM

Normal Script wouldn't work with Contra no matter what. Play with easier AI might help (I don't know whether it will help or not, I always play with Insane AI).
CASOJIN

Posted Image

#3 Phoenix911

Phoenix911

SAS Alpha Team Leader (Forum n00b Hunter 1st battalion)

• Project Team
  • 3,950 posts
  • Projects:Remix Alpha Tester.
  •  I'm the remix alpha tester thats loves to attack n00bs... muhahah!!!

Posted 10 March 2007 - 12:18 PM

No offence intened but don't play remix or contra if u don't want a long game, it was made like this to make games longer so peaple don't rush. Live with it :crazed:
Phoenix™ The Forgotten Samurai
A wise man chooses death before war, A wiser man chooses not to become war.
Posted Image
Foamy!?!! Xombie!?! Awesome Cannon Rock
Everyone should watch this and pass it on as its a very good argument on the subject of Global Warming.

#4 Thats me!

Thats me!

Title availble

• Members
  • 653 posts
  • Projects:thinking...:p
  •  not Red :(

Posted 10 March 2007 - 02:26 PM

that what make it funny
zh: the hard ai is an easy ai(except inf general)
contra and remix: funny hard ai (really hard) in remix i have lose some times but in contra i only lose one game vs ai (4 usa vs 4 china)

Edited by Silverx, 10 March 2007 - 02:26 PM.

#5 Ubermedic

Ubermedic

Victims Of A Down

• Project Team
  • 1,221 posts
  • Projects:V|GO Beta Testing, Remix Alpha Testing, Learning Mapping in Hammer
  •  IT'S BUG FREE!

Posted 10 March 2007 - 05:41 PM

Build defenses!
Or Defensive units!
Quickly build up a defensive line and then after his first rush dies out you've got at lest 2 minutes to build.
V|GO Beta Testing Staff
Posted Image
The hand has five fingers. Capable and strong. Able to both create and destroy

#6 Pendaelose

Pendaelose

Remix3 Modder

• Hosted
  • 5,687 posts
  • Projects:Remix Beta 1.0

Posted 10 March 2007 - 06:07 PM

The biggest thing you can do to make the AI easier is give yourself allies. If you have an easy on your team it is much essier to fight a normal. etc.
Posted Image
Posted Image

Between now and the next polished release there should be very little new art work done. Instead the focus is on designing, testing, and fixing. the mod has always been so close to finished that its nearly criminal. I'd love to see this through to the end with a real community effort.

#7 OMRi1712

OMRi1712
  • Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 18 March 2007 - 05:52 AM

I know i sound like a newb :D , but sometimes i dont want to rush, just take it easy.
also, contra looks awesome, but i just want to play around with the units. :cool2:

anyway... i was wondering how to get the skirmish scripts for reguler zero hour to work with contra 5 :huh:

i tried just substituting the scripts but got a error report... :sad2:

any help will be apprieciated :xd: :)

if you wanna check the units and stuff first then use trainer

#8 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 March 2007 - 11:57 PM

that what make it funny
contra and remix: funny hard ai (really hard) in remix i have lose some times but in contra i only lose one game vs ai (4 usa vs 4 china)

What you sayed isn't true i just played and the hard enamy is the same thing as a hard enemy in general

#9 Ubermedic

Ubermedic

Victims Of A Down

• Project Team
  • 1,221 posts
  • Projects:V|GO Beta Testing, Remix Alpha Testing, Learning Mapping in Hammer
  •  IT'S BUG FREE!

Posted 22 March 2007 - 01:50 AM

that what make it funny

What you sayed isn't true i just played and the hard enamy is the same thing as a hard enemy in general

Depends on the side.
More units available = Stronger AI
It IS better than the Generals Hard. Just not nearly as good as Contra [Insert Middle AI name here].
V|GO Beta Testing Staff
Posted Image
The hand has five fingers. Capable and strong. Able to both create and destroy

#10 Thats me!

Thats me!

Title availble

• Members
  • 653 posts
  • Projects:thinking...:p
  •  not Red :(

Posted 28 March 2007 - 06:15 PM

that what make it funny

i mean insain i never play vs hard only insain insain insain insain(contra) but for remix is an other thing

#11 Stubbs

Stubbs
  • Members
  • 62 posts

Posted 20 May 2007 - 08:24 PM

The biggest thing you can do to make the AI easier is give yourself allies. If you have an easy on your team it is much essier to fight a normal. etc.

Are you sure about that? It might just "feed" your enemy more, allowing him to get to 3 star general faster. Anyone who has played Natural Selection's Combat mode will understand what I mean by feeding. You waste your life on suicide attacks and your enemy simply levels up because of it, ruining your team's chances.
It all depends on exactly how good Contra's AI is as to whether this applies here.

Edited by Stubbs, 20 May 2007 - 08:24 PM.

#12 olli

olli

Resident Pilot

• Project Team
  • 3,157 posts
  • Projects:Remix Escalation Top Quality Imaginer and Pro Tester. CnC Guild Gossip Whore
  •  Misanthropic Hulking Adonis

Posted 21 May 2007 - 09:10 AM

WOO HOO an NS player!
PM me your details for steam so i can add you and give you a game :xcahik_: only CO maps though i hate NS maps.
ive probably played against you , NS being the small community that it is :p whats your ingame name?
Posted Image
CnC Guild - As ancient as time itself.
Do you like anything CnC releated? Then the CnC guild likes you! Go make friends with it.

Latest Remix Escalation on ModDB
Remix Escalation on Revora - Track the latest news and changes.

#13 Pendaelose

Pendaelose

Remix3 Modder

• Hosted
  • 5,687 posts

Posted 21 May 2007 - 03:28 PM

Are you sure about that? It might just "feed" your enemy more, allowing him to get to 3 star general faster. Anyone who has played Natural Selection's Combat mode will understand what I mean by feeding. You waste your life on suicide attacks and your enemy simply levels up because of it, ruining your team's chances.
It all depends on exactly how good Contra's AI is as to whether this applies here.

I'm making the bold assumption that the player actualy DOES SOMETHING while the AI is fighting. What you say is true, if a player sits n his duff and builds 4 units and 3 buildings while the AI fights then he's going to get stomped by a lvl5 AI as soon as the easy is dead, but if he get out and attacks at the same time and supports his ally the game is much easier.
Posted Image
Posted Image

Between now and the next polished release there should be very little new art work done. Instead the focus is on designing, testing, and fixing. the mod has always been so close to finished that its nearly criminal. I'd love to see this through to the end with a real community effort.

#14 Stubbs

Stubbs
  • Members
  • 62 posts

Posted 21 May 2007 - 03:34 PM

WOO HOO an NS player!
PM me your details for steam so i can add you and give you a game :p only CO maps though i hate NS maps.
ive probably played against you , NS being the small community that it is :) whats your ingame name?

It's Stubbs. As for "giving me a game", well, we'd have to join a public server, 1vs1 doesn't work too well. I haven't played for a few months now, but I probably should before my skills fade away (pun unintentional but hilarious!)
mike_stubbs1@hotmail.com if you are interested.

#15 olli

olli

Resident Pilot

• Project Team
  • 3,157 posts
  • Projects:Remix Escalation Top Quality Imaginer and Pro Tester. CnC Guild Gossip Whore

Posted 21 May 2007 - 03:43 PM

yeah i kno lol ..i meant as in steam details ..so i can add u on steam friends and if i see you on ill join wat ever server your on
Posted Image
Do you like anything CnC releated? Then the CnC guild likes you! Go make friends with it.

#16 Stubbs

Stubbs
  • Members
  • 62 posts

Posted 21 May 2007 - 11:28 PM

I was trying to beat Insane AF gen on the map Desert Fury using the infantry general.
I got RAPED time and time again.
The difficulty? Troop crawlers take forever to produce and get owned anyway. Infantry do fine until EVERY DAMN BUILDING GUNS THEM DOWN. You can't take your time, otherwise you will be bombed back to the stone age as the cheating AI unleashes its sick powers.
Anyone think they are up to beating it and posting a replay? I challenge you! (This is contra v5)

(Olli I'm not playing NS much at the moment and cannot be dicked to get my steam details. Add me on msn and then I'd have an incentive to join you.)

#17 Gredinus

Gredinus

Weapon of mass destruction.

• Hosted
  • 1,128 posts
  • Projects:Remix3 Support
  •  GLA Guru

Posted 22 May 2007 - 09:28 AM

Remix 3s hard is harder than contra 5s but i was still the first one to defet him ;P.

Posted Image

#18 Phoenix911

Phoenix911

SAS Alpha Team Leader (Forum n00b Hunter 1st battalion)

• Project Team
  • 3,950 posts
  • Projects:Remix Alpha Tester.
  •  I'm the remix alpha tester thats loves to attack n00bs... muhahah!!!

Posted 22 May 2007 - 12:26 PM

Yer the hard ai i can beat but it takes time because u have to manage a lot ie: defence building units while attacking and trying to counter the enermys forever pounding attack.

Insain ai i never beat lol it like zomg crual and evil.
Phoenix™ The Forgotten Samurai
A wise man chooses death before war, A wiser man chooses not to become war.
Posted Image
Foamy!?!! Xombie!?! Awesome Cannon Rock
Everyone should watch this and pass it on as its a very good argument on the subject of Global Warming.

#19 Pendaelose

Pendaelose

Remix3 Modder

• Hosted
  • 5,687 posts

Posted 22 May 2007 - 01:46 PM

Remix 3s hard is harder than contra 5s but i was still the first one to defet him ;P.

:p Yes Gred, you did beat it, but now that the Apache-laserDrone rick doesn't work anymore can you take one on??? Get a replay for version 2.29 and share it with the world. I'll include you in the Credits as "the man" if you can do (and get a replay to prove it to everyone)
Posted Image
Posted Image

#20 olli

olli

Resident Pilot

• Project Team
  • 3,157 posts

Posted 22 May 2007 - 03:40 PM

wait....AF works in remix?
since when? i though that it was onlt Cyber gen that was working.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users