Nertea

...lo sa raptor!

• Hosted
  • 3,349 posts
  • Projects:Star Villains and Space heroes, The Dwarf Holds
  •  T3A Chamber Member
  • Division:BFME/Unity

Posted 16 March 2007 - 02:38 PM

Never will I work with the sage engine again. NEVER!

sig.png
I really don't do requests and my Arnor Soldier is not fit for BFME. Don't ask me for either.

#22 Dain Ironfoot

Dain Ironfoot

No sex please, we're Dwarves

• Hosted
  • 1,655 posts
  • Projects:The Peninsular War
  •  I aten't dead.

Posted 16 March 2007 - 05:18 PM

Where does this weird idea that C&C3 is the new messiah come from? It's simplistic, it's taking huge steps backwards in terms of gameplay... back to tank rushes? Ye gods.. no thanks. When you compare it to hugely strategical/Epic RTS like Medieval and Supreme Commander or even things like DoW where every squad counts, it just looks daft to have the old "build one thing at a time" and then tank rush interface...

I hated the old games with a passion. Any game that restricts me to building one thing at a time turns me off instantly.

Dain: Arr Nertea: yarrrr Dain: haharrrr Nertea: graaawwwr Dain: oaaaaaaaarr Nertea: .... honk?

#23 Mathijs

Mathijs

Post-modern Shaman

• Network Leaders
  • 13,756 posts
  • Projects:Age of the Ring
  • Division:Revora
  • Job:Leader

Posted 16 March 2007 - 08:03 PM

i guess your right and i have one last ? where is matais and honom i liked those guys

*waves* Hello!

No fuel left for the pilgrims

#24 Olorin

Olorin

Mithrandir

• Members
  • 1,579 posts
  •  That wandering conjuror...

Posted 16 March 2007 - 09:34 PM

Where does this weird idea that C&C3 is the new messiah come from? It's simplistic, it's taking huge steps backwards in terms of gameplay... back to tank rushes? Ye gods.. no thanks. When you compare it to hugely strategical/Epic RTS like Medieval and Supreme Commander or even things like DoW where every squad counts, it just looks daft to have the old "build one thing at a time" and then tank rush interface...

I hated the old games with a passion. Any game that restricts me to building one thing at a time turns me off instantly.

Note the smiley on that comment that I made. :lol:
Posted Image

...The Journey doesn't end here; death is just another path, one that we all must take. The grey rain curtain of this world rolls back, and all turns to silver glass. And then you see it. White shores...and beyond. A far green country, under a swift sunrise...

...Many folk like to know beforehand what is to be set on the table; but those who have laboured to prepare the feast like to keep their secret; for wonder makes the words of praise louder...

...Stand, Men of the West! Stand and wait! This is the hour of doom... ~ Gandalf the White, The Return of the King

#25 Lauri

Lauri

Old man Lauri

• Hosted
  • 10,436 posts
  • Projects:The 4th Age
  •  The very worst T3A Team Chamber Member

Posted 16 March 2007 - 09:40 PM

I really agree with Dain here :p Only game from the past I still enjoy (only when playing with my big-bro) is AoE2.... it's probably because it's medieval and it was my first rts...

As for the team... I'm probably going to leave sometime within a year... no doubts about it :huh: I've modded for almost two years, and in that time... well, I didn't really mod all the time :lol: still, two years is alot, so no doubt that many won't continue modding :huh:

T4A_Logo_-_article.png

The 4th Age version 0.8 has been released: Link

#26 gandalf123444

gandalf123444
  • Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 16 March 2007 - 11:13 PM

yes matias your back but why dindt honom like our new fourms

#27 Lauri

Lauri

Old man Lauri

• Hosted
  • 10,436 posts
  • Projects:The 4th Age
  •  The very worst T3A Team Chamber Member

Posted 17 March 2007 - 10:50 AM

nothing to do with the forums..... :p

the site he didn't like :p the old one was better IHO ^_^ I liked the old site better too, but the new one is much easier to get to things, so I like the new one too ;)

T4A_Logo_-_article.png

The 4th Age version 0.8 has been released: Link

#28 Ecthelion

Ecthelion
  • Members
  • 65 posts

Posted 18 March 2007 - 03:03 PM

Warcraft 3 - The Greatest EVER RTS! and one unit at a time. :xd: Oh well, each to his own.

#29 Dain Ironfoot

Dain Ironfoot

No sex please, we're Dwarves

• Hosted
  • 1,655 posts
  • Projects:The Peninsular War
  •  I aten't dead.

Posted 18 March 2007 - 04:30 PM

Ugh, never liked that either. Starcraft is my fav blizzard RTS.

Dain: Arr Nertea: yarrrr Dain: haharrrr Nertea: graaawwwr Dain: oaaaaaaaarr Nertea: .... honk?

#30 hdh7

hdh7

some random guy

• Members
  • 263 posts

Posted 18 March 2007 - 05:18 PM

Warcraft 3 - The Greatest EVER RTS! and one unit at a time. :p Oh well, each to his own.

Are you farmiliar with the Total War series?
92% of teens have moved onto rap. If you are part of the 8% that still listen to real music, copy and paste this into your signature. ROCK ON!!!

I would like to publicy anounce that I'm totaly insane.

I'm the little man living in your ceiling fan. I like it up here.

#31 adummy

adummy

Keep it Clean!

• Project Team
  • 1,760 posts

Posted 18 March 2007 - 05:57 PM

does that mean RA is going to make a mod for Starcraft???? :p

Edited by adummy, 18 March 2007 - 05:58 PM.

Posted Image

#32 gandalf123444

gandalf123444
  • Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 19 March 2007 - 04:59 AM

why did you move to a new site

#33 m@tt

m@tt

#######

• Project Team
  • 4,056 posts
  • Projects:The Dwarf Holds
  •  T3A Chamber Member

Posted 19 March 2007 - 06:23 PM

As far as I know, to improve navigation and to strengthen the mods link with Revora & Third Age, which many of the staff and followers were already associated with. Probably more reasons too
Posted Image

#34 MorgoththeMight

MorgoththeMight
  • Members
  • 196 posts
  •  BFME player

Posted 19 March 2007 - 06:43 PM

to be honest, I love your new site!! It's not the same as the old one, that's right, but It isn't less good.. btw.. that some people don't post anymore, doesn't mean that they don't read... :p

edit: removed dubble post thing..

Edited by MorgoththeMight, 19 March 2007 - 06:44 PM.

#35 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 April 2007 - 05:17 PM

Hey, this half suggestion half question. even though this is a mod for bfme1 how come you cant just incorparate the build anywere ability thats in BFME 2 surely(im sorry if this is hard and im being ignorant ) its not tha hard to incorparate, cause that and the Fortress(dont care so much bout fortress though) were the best things Ea did in BFME 2. Ps do i need BFME1 to use this mod?
CHeers and thanx for all ur hard work!:p

#36 Mathijs

Mathijs

Post-modern Shaman

• Network Leaders
  • 13,756 posts
  • Projects:Age of the Ring
  • Division:Revora
  • Job:Leader

Posted 28 April 2007 - 05:26 PM

Most of the staff like BFME1's style of building, and yes, you will need BFME1. Obviously...

No fuel left for the pilgrims

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users