740 replies to this topic

#21 Mordor Slayer

Mordor Slayer

SEE Marketing Manager

• Project Team
  • 1,424 posts
  • Projects:BFME2 - Nazgûl's Special Extended Edition

Posted 24 March 2007 - 09:41 AM

I thougt marketing WAS the right thread, 'cause the only thing I do is marketing (sending e-mails to people...). But you're probable right :D.

Edited by Nazgûl, 24 March 2007 - 02:51 PM.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#22 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  •  Veteran

Posted 24 March 2007 - 02:51 PM

Hehe well all things marketing goes in that thread and all suggestions for this mod goes in this thread :p

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
"Do not come between the Nazgûl and his mod!"
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> I S.E.E. YOU! <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#23 Sûlherokhh

Sûlherokhh

Sagacious Engineer

• Project Team
  • 3,754 posts
  • Projects:S.E.E., Sage A.I., Code Advisor
  •  'Axe'er of the Gordic Knot

Posted 25 March 2007 - 01:35 PM

Once again i have two more suggestions i want to discuss. Tell me what you think about them, guys and gals.
  • Have the Gondor soldiers wear a mail hauberk until they get the HA upgrade. Then they wear breastplates. That's what i call heavy armor, lol.
  • Barracks have Ranks (1 to 3). The Mûmak-Pen is the only 'Barracks' that confers its Rank to the unit it produces, so a Mûmak-Pen Rank 2 produces Mûmakil of Rank 2 (and with war paint). We might do the same with other 'Barrack'-type buildings very easily. Leveling up a Barrack would be even more sweet. Only then we'd have to remove the automatic Banner Carrier at rank 2 or nobody would buy Banner Carriers anymore.

bannerreal01mittelit3.jpg
Axed Head and A.I. Coder for S.E.E. and ... stuff

".. coding is basically boring. What's fun is finding out how things work, take them apart and then put them together in ways that were not intended nor even conceived."

#24 Mordor Slayer

Mordor Slayer

SEE Marketing Manager

• Project Team
  • 1,424 posts

Posted 26 March 2007 - 04:36 PM

Sooo... Has someone already looked at the Deezire mod for the Nazgul/Eagle animations?
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#25 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  •  Veteran

Posted 29 March 2007 - 04:44 PM

Unfortionately no... it's BFME1 right? I haven't got that installet at the moment :/ Anyone else seen them?

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg

#26 Sûlherokhh

Sûlherokhh

Sagacious Engineer

• Project Team
  • 3,754 posts

Posted 29 March 2007 - 04:52 PM

I have the files. Can't play it though, but i kinda dimly remember a little bit, lol. I shall have a look at the inis.

".. coding is basically boring. What's fun is finding out how things work, take them apart and then put them together in ways that were not intended nor even conceived."

#27 m@tt

m@tt

#######

• Project Team
  • 4,056 posts
  • Projects:The Dwarf Holds
  •  T3A Chamber Member

Posted 29 March 2007 - 04:56 PM

I remember playing on it like 2 years ago. The nazgul death was good, but sometimes there were bugs with it. The code should just carry over.
Posted Image

#28 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  •  Veteran

Posted 29 March 2007 - 09:02 PM

I think Cahik has them...

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg

#29 Sûlherokhh

Sûlherokhh

Sagacious Engineer

• Project Team
  • 3,754 posts

Posted 01 April 2007 - 11:15 AM

Once again, my brainstorm has hit home and after sifting through the debris, something old came up again. All just suggestions for the time being (as the thread name would imply), so no high priority, even if it would be nice. So here it is:
  • Remove the STANCES. Period. As long as a model doesn't show, what stance it has, it is purely a behavioral tool, and not very good at that. It just takes up space that could be used otherwise. (This wasn't my idea, but when i heard about it, i liked it.
  • Introduce a FORMATION for each and every unit, that works kinda like the Porcupine-Formation. Makes the unit stop moving, but still lets it attack everything in sight. Slow movement for melee units would be allright (as with Gondor Soldiers) and maybe a protection boost versus PIERCE damage when hiding behind the shields, but most definitely, each and every 'Archer' unit should have a FORMATION where they DON'T F***ING MOVE! :grin: The STANCE feature doesn't help with it. Let's burn it.
This would of course necessitate, that we implement new recognizable Horde-Formations, or, for singular units, something like a different animation. Imagine Legolas 'crouching' behind shrubbery. :p

This is a movie-mod for a computer-game after all. Everything important happening in the game should be 'Visual'. It needs to be 'S.E.E.n', right? :crazed:

Whack me, Sûl.

Edited by Sulherokhh, 01 April 2007 - 11:16 AM.

#30 Mordor Slayer

Mordor Slayer

SEE Marketing Manager

• Project Team
  • 1,424 posts

Posted 02 April 2007 - 09:39 PM

Ok, I'm REALLY sorry if this is the wrong topic, but I've got to go to sleep, and I can't find the right one:

Great news (well, at least for us :p)

The Deluxe Edition mod for TBFME II has been canceled, and all the models of the mod can be used for FREE (credits for the original maker of course).

Link: http://www.the3rdage.net/item-32
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#31 Guest_newb_*

Guest_newb_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 April 2007 - 09:50 PM

Yeah first off I like that idea mate :p it sounds cool. But I have another suggestion about command points. I decided that 1000 cp simply isnt enough, I'm sure some of you will agree right :p? Anyway I set about modding you mod hehe. I found the lines which needed editing and have set the command points as follows:
1v1 = 2000 cp
2v2= 1000 cp
4v4 = 1000 cp
(well all others apart from 1v1 are 1000 cp :p) and i found (on a laptop with 1.86ghz processor, 128mb video card and 1 gig ram) that it worked nicely on full graphics (no shadows though). I know im going on a bit but im recommending that you up the cp to 2000, or even maybe just 1500 for 1v1 matches. The extra cp allow for the needed extra seige units. AND now because you have more time to make an army you could make sizeable back up forces to help you main assault, or large scout forces. Even a movie like cavalry charge. I found that these options were not really open with 1000cp. As for balancing not a worry, the ai uses the extra forces (although it takes a good 1hr before it has the huge force) and it makes for an epic battle. So its up to you m8y, if u want my modded file (it only has the cp thing added) just reply and ill send it to you :p again thanks for an excellent mod and this is just a though :)

#32 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  •  Veteran

Posted 02 April 2007 - 11:31 PM

Thanks for your post and comments "Newb", but the CP is adjustable to anyone in the menu before the skirmish starts? I don't think modding it would be such a good idea. Your PC must me a pretty clean machine, cause I have another PC (my GF's) that is about half this one, but still; 2GHz cpu, 512MB ram and 128MB video... and it lags pretty good on maximum settings when things heat up, at that is even on x1 setting for CP =/ My own is 2,2GHz cpu, 2GB ram and 512MB video... and I also get minor lags from time to time.

About the Deluxe Edition... (Yeah it's the right topic *lol*) I looked through the files and I didn't find anything that would fit really. Not saying that they're not good, I only don't need any since the ones that would fit are already done :p

Edited by Nazgûl, 02 April 2007 - 11:32 PM.

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg

#33 clonecommand

clonecommand

title available

• Members
  • 1,243 posts

Posted 03 April 2007 - 10:11 PM

I think this is the right thread....

My biggest suggestion is to change the shellmap to a pic, rather than a movie. The movie causes large amounts of lag.

#34 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  •  Veteran

Posted 03 April 2007 - 11:43 PM

Huh? You mean the menu??? What is the shellmap? :p

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg

#35 watsupcuz

watsupcuz
  • Members
  • 107 posts

Posted 04 April 2007 - 12:31 AM

The shellmap in bfme 2 is the movie of the two boats going down to the argonath. He is saying to change that to a movie because it causes lag, if u do want to change it i know that the picture wont work on any graphic setting that makes the movie play. Just the low settings.

To get that u just have to add in the shortcut to your mod(the mod -command) -noshellmap before the the -mod SEE part.

see this link for a guy that did it.

http://forums.revora...mp;#entry437398

Post number 105 by lauri.
Posted Image

#36 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  •  Veteran

Posted 04 April 2007 - 01:07 AM

*lol* Oook :crazed: Thanks for the suggestion, but I don't really grasp everything, but I guess this was a typoo:

He is saying to change that to a movie because it causes lag

I guess you men he wanted me to change that FROM a movie, to a pic?

All I can say is HELL NO! :lol: I love that movie, and if it causes lag, then the plyer could just ad that to his/her own shortcut at home I guess ^_^ But then again, it's just the menu and it won't lag the game itself?

Besides I spent a lot of wotk to get the SEE "logo" in there... :thumbsupsmiley:

Posted Image

So if it lags and it's bothering you, check the thread above and problem solved :p
Thanks whatsupcuz

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg

#37 watsupcuz

watsupcuz
  • Members
  • 107 posts

Posted 04 April 2007 - 07:42 AM

no prob, yea i dont see it as a problem either, why would it lag the game, plus it does look cool. yea it was a typo, srry bout that i mean to change it to a pic from a movie :s

Edited by watsupcuz, 04 April 2007 - 07:44 AM.

Posted Image

#38 clonecommand

clonecommand

title available

• Members
  • 1,243 posts

Posted 04 April 2007 - 07:45 PM

It doesn't create lag in game, but I have to stare at a white screen for a couple seconds before the buttons come up. Then when I hover over a button, it takes its time coming up...

I'll try the thing, though.

Wouldn't you be able to take that logo and put it on a pic?

#39 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  •  Veteran

Posted 04 April 2007 - 08:22 PM

Sure, but I like the movie and I guess you have a really old PC if it lags that much :( But all you have to do is ad that line to your mod command and problem solved :crazed:

The movie is beautiful and it will stay :thumbsupsmiley:

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg

#40 Mordor Slayer

Mordor Slayer

SEE Marketing Manager

• Project Team
  • 1,424 posts

Posted 04 April 2007 - 09:05 PM

Another mod that got cancelled: http://z11.invisionf...F...c=1153&st=0

Maybe we can fetch some of their models/crew? You give the command :thumbsupsmiley:!
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users