#61 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,554 posts
  • Projects:BFME2 - Nazgûl's Special Extended Edition
  •  Veteran

Posted 09 April 2007 - 02:18 PM

Really, can't find him in the art of that mod?

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
"Do not come between the Nazgûl and his mod!"
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> I S.E.E. YOU! <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#62 Bruno62339

Bruno62339
  • Members
  • 102 posts

Posted 09 April 2007 - 03:25 PM

i have a suggestion: try to get rid of those ugly, disgusting, jagged-ass shadows. ive been waiting for decent, smooth shadows since the game came out.
Posted Image
^Signature by Serated

Life sucks, then you die :)

#63 Mordor Slayer

Mordor Slayer

SEE Marketing Manager

• Project Team
  • 1,424 posts

Posted 09 April 2007 - 03:54 PM

Really, can't find him in the art of that mod?

http://www.the3rdage.net/item-32

Fourth unit...
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#64 Uruk King

Uruk King

Lore-abiding citizen

• Project Team
  • 1,673 posts

Posted 09 April 2007 - 04:00 PM

I don't think getting rid of them is that necessary since there is a toggle shadows option in the game. Improving them is a possibility, but I don't see a need to do so.
I will remember Rhovanion Alliance, RIP .

Posted Image

#65 Mordor Slayer

Mordor Slayer

SEE Marketing Manager

• Project Team
  • 1,424 posts

Posted 09 April 2007 - 07:07 PM

Maybe this is interesting for us to use (the Thranduil skin for example):
http://forums.revora...topic=48008&hl=

He's also an art designer: http://forums.revora...showtopic=47136

Maybe I can ask that guy to join us? Then he can make some skins and art for the mod (e.g. for the hobbit house).
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#66 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,554 posts
  •  Veteran

Posted 09 April 2007 - 09:57 PM

1) Shadows cam be fixed with higher res (I think), but it will SERIOUSLY lag that game, and I already have many "complaints" about lag from all the high res skins as such :thumbsupsmiley: Also, on maximum setting (I think)they go vector (at least on some of the settings they do, and that's where we still have a bug when the game resets to those each time you start it up), but those are also filled with faults as some units can't cast them, like the Giants. And even worse, they glitch terribly! That sucks. The best way to go still is with maximum quality pixel shadows, cause all things in game cast them, and they have no glitches. To raise resolution will only work for those who have monster PC's like mine... :thumbsupsmiley:

2) That Dain is not that good... :thumbsupsmiley: But I guess we can fix that. But like I said before, adding new heroes require lots of new things like new audio too. Not that easy...

3) Art I can do myself, (the Hobbit House is fixed), but it's great that you're on the lookout for talents :wub:

EDIT: checked the shadows again... and the best shadows are on MAXIMUM... that's the maximum pixel based shadows, and the vector ones should be avoided... I doubt I will increase their pixel structure, but I might try it. At least if we could hack the manu to ad an ULTRA HIGH setting, or whatever we could call it... :huh: But it's only visible if you zoom in at maximum and really study details. I think they're ok...

Edited by Nazgûl, 09 April 2007 - 10:01 PM.

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg

#67 Sûlherokhh

Sûlherokhh

Sagacious Engineer

• Project Team
  • 3,754 posts
  • Projects:S.E.E., Sage A.I., Code Advisor
  •  'Axe'er of the Gordic Knot

Posted 10 April 2007 - 10:01 AM

Here are a few more suggestions to discuss.
  • Add a 'library' building for each faction. Provides upgrades for Heroes and possibly other units. This has been done for the ElvenstarMod, ElvenAllianceMod and possibly other. Works perfectly via 'leadership' and 'player upgrades'.
  • Let heroes start with only a few powers, but DO NOT let them gain more by increasing their rank. Instead let them gain additional powers by 'buying' them in the library.
The rationale of the last bit is this: Usually, heroes run around the map 'creeping' for easy experience points. Otherwise, battle with the enemy is needed. This severely disadvantages heroes without mass killing power. Usually this can be handled by letting them level up easier, but at times this doesn't work. They level too easily when around another hero who can kill good. Some powers also do not really suit the battle experience for their gain.

Alternatively, the library could work like this:
  • It could be a simple fortress extension (like the houses of healing) or just another submenu of the fortress-commandset. There is the 32-commands limit, though.
  • The library might either have a submenu for each hero and their specific powers, or it might provide general upgrades, used for each and every hero (specifically, this is the only fitting way for the CaH). Or maybe a combination thereof.
  • Providing a library for every faction is kind of an obstacle, as it will require a lot of modelling. If done, this is what i had in mind: Library of Minas Tirith (MotW), House of Learning - a grove with peaceful trees and maybe the mirror of Galadriel (Elves), Hall of Alchemy (Dwarves), Chamber of Artifacts (Isengard), Black Pit (Mordor), Summoning Chamber (Wild).
  • Maybe some of the hero powers are still gained by rank. I suggest mostly things like 'berserker-rage', crippling strike etc., but not magic spells or FO-artillery
Btw., i just updated the first post (list of suggestions) for easy reference, excluding these new items. Sûl.

Edited by Sulherokhh, 10 April 2007 - 12:11 PM.

bannerreal01mittelit3.jpg
Axed Head and A.I. Coder for S.E.E. and ... stuff

".. coding is basically boring. What's fun is finding out how things work, take them apart and then put them together in ways that were not intended nor even conceived."

#68 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,554 posts
  •  Veteran

Posted 10 April 2007 - 01:30 PM

I say this is DEFENITELY a good idea! As long as we can do it... I want it! :rolleyes:

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg

#69 Uruk King

Uruk King

Lore-abiding citizen

• Project Team
  • 1,673 posts

Posted 10 April 2007 - 02:01 PM

I like it too, I prefer the second alternative. But does it mean that heroes are still gonna be really expensive?

And I would think twice because what about CAHs?

BTW, howabout the "Sorcery Pit" for Mordor?

Posted Image

#70 Mordor Slayer

Mordor Slayer

SEE Marketing Manager

• Project Team
  • 1,424 posts

Posted 11 April 2007 - 03:55 PM

Now I come to think of it, have you been looking at the mumak rider model Nazgul? How's it going?
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#71 clonecommand

clonecommand

title available

• Members
  • 1,243 posts

Posted 11 April 2007 - 07:23 PM

Just found a new suggestion!

I have at least 30-40 slaughter houses (goes the same for furnaces). Each one only produces one resource. I found this can be countered by building logging camps thingys. If it could be changed to that they produce resources based on terrain availble, not the amt. of resource gatherers.

Also, a bug. The power that increases resources by 300% doesn't seem to work.

#72 Lauri

Lauri

Let us remember foREVer

• Hosted
  • 10,419 posts
  • Projects:'The 4th Age' and 'Shadow and Flame'
  •  The very worst T3A Team Chamber Member

Posted 11 April 2007 - 07:30 PM

30-40, producing 1 each....

say you build 6, having 15(?) each, being 90? Smart, huh? :)

edit: besides, your just a joke :) why else would you join at april 1st? :p j\k

Edited by Lauri, 11 April 2007 - 07:32 PM.

Shadow and Flame BETA 0.6 RELEASED - Link

#73 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,554 posts
  •  Veteran

Posted 11 April 2007 - 11:23 PM

Hehe, joined on 1st of April! That's pretty funny since you'll get a lot of jokes about that I guess :)

Now... you mean we should mod this so you only get 1 resource from 1 building??? Nah, I don't think so... that would require pretty large maps to play on... Don't like it, sorry :p But thanks for the suggestion =)

I'll will try the bug you spoke of, but in what way didn't it work? No extra money or no effect/fx on screen? Cause I know for sure that last thing works... But I'll test it at once. Thanks for the report.

Now I come to think of it, have you been looking at the mumak rider model Nazgul? How's it going?

No, I haven't got around to ask Stealthsnake. I'll do it for next release :)

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg

#74 m@tt

m@tt

#######

• Project Team
  • 4,056 posts
  • Projects:The Dwarf Holds
  •  T3A Chamber Member

Posted 12 April 2007 - 08:03 AM

I think he's saying he is putting the buildings too close together, so the efficiency percentage goes down. It is already based on terrain available though. I think he needs to re-explain...
Posted Image

#75 Sûlherokhh

Sûlherokhh

Sagacious Engineer

• Project Team
  • 3,754 posts

Posted 12 April 2007 - 02:48 PM

Also, a bug. The power that increases resources by 300% doesn't seem to work.

Please specify when and where that happens and a good thing would be a screenshot where a spell endowed resource building is shown that has money-output-graphics on it ceiling. Thank youl.

And here is some more brainstorm fallout for you to digest! :p

Observations: Most buildings start to self repair a while after they are damaged. Except for spells, there is no other way to repair them. The following buildings are exceptions to this rule.
  • Goblin Tunnels: When they are destroyed, they leave rubble (like creep barracks). After a while, the rubble builds itself up back to a Tunnel.
  • Wall Segments: They repair themselves like other buildings. But when they are destroyed, they leave rubble that can (for money) be commanded to repair itself.
  • Wallhubs and other Wallupgrades don't leave rubble to rebuild.
  • Large Gates also don't leave rubble. They don't repair themselves when damaged. But they have a repair button.
All of the repair/rubble stuff is quite inconsistent. Especially the wallupgrades leave stupid holes in the walls where normal walls can be repaired with a mouse click. I know this has been quickfixed in way already. But i had something else in mind (part of it is already in the todo list).

Suggestions:
  • All wall-upgrades leave rubble that can be rebuild to the old thing.
  • ALL buildings stop self repairing. Instead, they get a repair button.
  • All non wall structures might also be given rubble that can be rebuild to the old scturcture with a single click. (We'd have to look for or create suitable rubble models.)
  • Maybe (just maybe) instead of self-rapair and -rebuild buttons, we could activate the EA-codes for letting the Porters (and only them) repair the structures. In peacetime, that finally gives them something to do. And they are cheap enough (200 instead of 500). And during battle, enemy combatants might give them a hard time repairing stuff. It's only logical that buildings under attack don't get repaired. Right now destroyed walls can be raised up again fairly quick even if under attack. Only the automatic self repair starts with a timer that is set to hopefully after the battle. But even then, there could be a second battle in progress when the repair sets in.
  • Maybe the Wild Faction should keep the self repair stuff, as a special only they have.
My own favorite are:
  • Only walls and their upgrades leave rubble.
  • Nothing (except wild structures) self-repairs. Yeah!
  • All damaged buildings and all rubble can (only) be repaired by porters. Or sold and newly build. Huhay!
Comments, please. Sûl. :lol:

Edited by Sulherokhh, 12 April 2007 - 02:50 PM.

".. coding is basically boring. What's fun is finding out how things work, take them apart and then put them together in ways that were not intended nor even conceived."

#76 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,554 posts
  •  Veteran

Posted 12 April 2007 - 04:44 PM

As always Sûl your brainstorming is fantastic. I love 90% of it! :p We will make a new ToDO List based on all your suggestions pretty soon :lol: Thank you my "Executive Producer" :p

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg

#77 Uruk King

Uruk King

Lore-abiding citizen

• Project Team
  • 1,673 posts

Posted 12 April 2007 - 06:20 PM

Speaking of next release. I was thinking that the entmoot could be added to the Rohan minifaction, because in theory the Ents do live in the Rohan kingdom, and they were tought how to speak by the Elves. So it amkes them part of both factions, but of course it dosn't have to happen. Maybe the Edoras Royal guards could be added as a spearmen unit for Rohan and/or adding Denethor and Gamling to MOTW.

Posted Image

#78 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,554 posts
  •  Veteran

Posted 12 April 2007 - 06:39 PM

Those ideas are in theory good, but it would compromise balance as Men already have Siege weapons in their Trebuchets. They also have a powerful spear unit in Gondor Tower Guards. So adding those Ents would give them extra siege units which is way more powerful then the trebuchets, and extra spear units. Off course it could be done, but Men is already such a big faction that Im not really sure it will be fair, to say, Goblins... :S Elves dont have any siege machines so they really do need the ents. Hm, I like it, but it would mean we need to ad more things to toher factions as well, and pretty soon they will have too much of eachother so they wont be so unique anymore. But I still like the general thought of your idea...

Same with more heroes. But that also requires more audio and stuff... Fun, but a lot of work.

Edited by Nazgûl, 12 April 2007 - 06:43 PM.

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg

#79 clonecommand

clonecommand

title available

• Members
  • 1,243 posts

Posted 13 April 2007 - 12:18 AM

Definetly rexplaining!

I ment this to say that this is a bug, not suggestion. This is what is happening NOW. Just to clarify.
When I have 2 slaughter houses (for example) with 100% productivity, they produce 24 resources each. When I expand that to 30 salughter houses with 100% productivity, they only produce 1 resource each! It is the most annoying thing! I have all those slaughter houses, and have to wait a long time to get money! This isn't just me, right? This occurs on Eastern Rohan (the converted map) as Isengard, and Iron Hills as Mordor. Those are the only two skirmishes I have played.

Oh yah, the 300% resource increase power bug.
Iron hills as Mordor.
I have the same problem listed above.^^ So the slaughter house in question produces only 1 resource (like the rest of them). 1 x 3 = 3, no? (1 x 300%) But it stays at 1 resource.

Edited by clonecommand, 13 April 2007 - 12:23 AM.

#80 Sûlherokhh

Sûlherokhh

Sagacious Engineer

• Project Team
  • 3,754 posts

Posted 13 April 2007 - 12:26 AM

It's not a bug. The new resource module for BfME2 reduces the output of each and every resourcebuilding by about the number of res-buildings you already built. So, if the output of the next you built is less than the number of buildings you've already got (every building reduces the output by about 1), you better not build any more.

Only the fortress uses the old module with a fixed income and no claim to territory.

Hardcoded. Or somewhere i couldn't find. Sorry.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users