#101 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  • Projects:BFME2 - Nazgûl's Special Extended Edition
  •  Veteran

Posted 15 April 2007 - 02:52 PM

Stable and Tower bug? You mean the stable worker graphics binding problem, and the tower arrow exit problem? ;) Are you sure BoG had that fixed??? :huh:

You noticed the goblins have no early game heroes, and we can't use the sound material for Azog from ROTWK and I don't want Nazgul to do the trouble of doing more recording, so it's a bit of a pickle. The Goblins are low in advantages and they could do with an earlygame hero and an elite swordsman thats better than half-trolls.

Goblin King is only 1500, and what you do is you build two or more goblin caves and then you spawn goblin troops like crazy. In high numbers they'll rock! I tried it myself extensivly, cause I wanted them to be the weakest unit in the game, but say 5-6 hordes of archers can really do damage, plus they have poison too. And after a while you'll get Giants and they'll just walk over enemies. Keep em away from archers tho :p And later on, you'll have three Fire Dragon and Drogtoh. With all that the Goblin faction is pretty strong. And dont forget, you got the big Dragons... AND the Balrog too... and when he's ready to be summoned it's bye bye with the enemy fortress, unless they have two ^_^

It's just a matter of finding the right strategy for each faction.. :lol:

Edited by Nazgûl, 15 April 2007 - 02:54 PM.

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
"Do not come between the Nazgûl and his mod!"
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> I S.E.E. YOU! <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#102 Sûlherokhh

Sûlherokhh

Sagacious Engineer

• Project Team
  • 3,754 posts
  • Projects:S.E.E., Sage A.I., Code Advisor
  •  'Axe'er of the Gordic Knot

Posted 17 April 2007 - 12:05 AM

Another update of the first post, including this suggestion from the 'comments' thread:
  • Resource buildings of all kinds should benefit from nearness to the fortress. Let the Fortress provide a positive leadership bonus on those buildings close by and a negative leadership bonus if they are far away. I don't want to limit the building of farms but have them even closer to home. All maps would have to be adjusted to the already implemented smaller claim area of resource buildings anyway. Leadership should range from +20% to -20%.

bannerreal01mittelit3.jpg
Axed Head and A.I. Coder for S.E.E. and ... stuff

".. coding is basically boring. What's fun is finding out how things work, take them apart and then put them together in ways that were not intended nor even conceived."

#103 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  •  Veteran

Posted 17 April 2007 - 12:15 AM

Those are all a bunch of very good suggestions, well, like most of them anyways. And some of them I really LOVE! But, I'm starting to fear that the pile of suggestions is going to be a MOUNTAIN soon, if we don't get things done on the ToDo list first. You see, I can't do much more work on this mod, I've done almost everything I can do, and I don't feel like starting big new projects until we got some other things out of the way. The BIGGEST problem of ALL is undoubtably (how do u spell that?) the lack of AI! We REEEAAALLLYYY need a good AI coder that can catch up on everything in this mod before we ad a bunch of new features that will also lack AI. Or otherwise we'll end up with a mod that can only be enjoyed by human vs human :/ I think this is supreme priority, to try and find an AI coder... if we don't, I don't think there will be any more versions after Beta III I'm afraid... hm

Edited by Nazgûl, 17 April 2007 - 08:47 AM.

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg

#104 Sûlherokhh

Sûlherokhh

Sagacious Engineer

• Project Team
  • 3,754 posts

Posted 17 April 2007 - 06:11 AM

You are right, of course. I like to get carried away sometimes with ideas. Now all i need to do is go by the book, which means (in my book :p ) to finish one thing then start the next, alternating between important stuff and fun stuff, easy and tough. Let's see if i can handle that or if i am promising too much right now. But hey, i got started and i'd like to think that's what makes it going! Don't worry. No more new suggestions by me until we get a mountain more fixed! Well, maybe i squeeze a few little ones in every once in a while, lol.

".. coding is basically boring. What's fun is finding out how things work, take them apart and then put them together in ways that were not intended nor even conceived."

#105 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  •  Veteran

Posted 17 April 2007 - 08:53 AM

Hehe don't get me wrong, lile I said, I really love some of your ideas. I just think that AI is really crucial to get going, since we already have lots of non AI things, like Rohan, Nazguls, and more... The N00bs dont really understand why those things aren't working and I get lots of mails about that :/

Now, I'm trying to get a hold of two guys that are kind of my last hope for this, but when I do and if they say no, then I guess we're not getting much further than this. All new things will require AI and its high time to get starting on them :s

Edited by Nazgûl, 17 April 2007 - 08:55 AM.

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg

#106 cahik_

cahik_

Sage engine ruler

• Project Team
  • 1,896 posts
  • Projects:Rhovanion Alliance
  •  T3A Team Chamber Member and Crazy animator

Posted 17 April 2007 - 09:33 AM

for basic changes to AI you may want to read this article. it is about adding new units, spells and abilities but it should help you with some of your AI problems.

Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image

#107 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  •  Veteran

Posted 17 April 2007 - 10:22 AM

Thanks Cahik, I did, but I feel it's unfortionately a bit too hard for me, at least at this stage. It's not really like other "normal" ini modding, so this would be like going back to december again Lol. I did however polish the skirmish file where it says in what order they attack things, so I think I got units to attack other units first though, before buildings, and that was a good step in the right direction. But getting AI for new units and structures... boy... that seems hard.

I'm trying to reach Gansnudel who did the AI for MarksMod... anyone know him? =p

EDIT: forgot to say, that AI guide is REALLY well written, and it DOES help out a bit. If I find the time some day I'll really try and learn it... I wont give up just yet :p

Edited by Nazgûl, 17 April 2007 - 10:33 AM.

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg

#108 Sûlherokhh

Sûlherokhh

Sagacious Engineer

• Project Team
  • 3,754 posts

Posted 17 April 2007 - 10:36 AM

At least we can fill up the armies with the new heroes. They are kind of missing. There is one fellbeast + 2 riders with mordor, both old objects. Otherwise i have been skimming throught the aifiles. Most looks kind of logical.

The most important one will be all the aiupdates in the hero- and unit-inis, so that they make use of their abilities automatically.

#109 zimoo

zimoo

Ecthelion of the Fountain

• Project Team
  • 2,009 posts
  • Projects:Lurking until the off topic begins...
  •  Guardian of the Books

Posted 17 April 2007 - 10:41 AM

Adding new buildings to the AI requires editing of .bse files.

I used to know how to edit the AI fairly well but I've forgotten it all now xD
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Playing games? Ah, you'll never be a good modder if you get involved in actually playing them!

#110 Sûlherokhh

Sûlherokhh

Sagacious Engineer

• Project Team
  • 3,754 posts

Posted 17 April 2007 - 11:06 AM

When editing the base files, we could maybe add the first few resource buildings to the 'inner' circle. It would be a good thing if the ai was able to protect some of them better. Basically like a resource stash, and they rank up fast enough, they could be positioned as a weak defense with their arrow towers.

#111 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  •  Veteran

Posted 17 April 2007 - 12:11 PM

The most important one will be all the aiupdates in the hero- and unit-inis, so that they make use of their abilities automatically.

I agree, totally! And also... I only get the WitchKing of Fellbeast when facing Mordor - that's it. No Nazguls what so ever. But maybe I can try and ad them now... *reading tutorial*

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg

#112 Mordor Slayer

Mordor Slayer

SEE Marketing Manager

• Project Team
  • 1,424 posts

Posted 22 April 2007 - 09:03 AM

Some more suggestions

- Maybe make it so that we can skip the EA and Newline commercials when starting up the game...

- I've adviced it before, but that was a long time age: add more Lotr-music. No other mod has ever done that before, and it would make for the ultimate Lotr-experience!
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#113 m@tt

m@tt

#######

• Project Team
  • 4,056 posts
  • Projects:The Dwarf Holds
  •  T3A Chamber Member

Posted 22 April 2007 - 09:06 AM

The ads aren't that bad, and skipping them doesn't speed up the load time as far as I know
Posted Image

#114 Allathar

Allathar

これを翻訳する

• Project Team
  • 2,752 posts
  • Projects:RJ-RotWK
  •  Greedy capitalist and cynical bastard.

Posted 22 April 2007 - 09:45 AM

- Add a 'nazgul-button' to mordor fortress instead of having them recruitable from hero-screen
It has been reported that some victims of rape, during the act, would retreat into a fantasy world from which they could not WAKE UP. In this catatonic state, the victim lived in a world just like their normal one, except they weren't being raped. The only way that they realized they needed to WAKE UP was a note they found in their fantasy world. It would tell them about their condition, and tell them to WAKE UP. Even then, it would often take months until they were ready to discard their fantasy world and PLEASE WAKE UP

#115 Sûlherokhh

Sûlherokhh

Sagacious Engineer

• Project Team
  • 3,754 posts

Posted 22 April 2007 - 11:01 AM

- I've adviced it before, but that was a long time age: add more Lotr-music. No other mod has ever done that before, and it would make for the ultimate Lotr-experience!

As mentioned in the suggestions list (1st post), having additional soundtrack features is what i like as well. The one thing we can't do is ADD music that is not our own. We can only use what is there already. And there is a LOT of music in the audio-directory! Much is also not used but all tracks are defined in the ini-files. I already did a rework of the distribution, so that more of the non-used or lesser used tracks will be heard, along with an inclusion of custom tracks (meaning, you can rip your own LotR-CD-collection and include them really easy :crazed: ) . But Chris and I have been doing other stuff so we put it on a side table. To be used lateron.

#116 m@tt

m@tt

#######

• Project Team
  • 4,056 posts
  • Projects:The Dwarf Holds
  •  T3A Chamber Member

Posted 22 April 2007 - 11:55 AM

Actually you wouldn't be the first, as TEA and RA both have extra music (done by Morgan Casey) so it must be possible to add your own music.
Posted Image

#117 Sûlherokhh

Sûlherokhh

Sagacious Engineer

• Project Team
  • 3,754 posts

Posted 22 April 2007 - 12:02 PM

When i said that we can't add music that is not our own, i was talking about copyright issues. Besides that, mp3's are really big. We have slightly under 100mb already. That could easily go to 150 or to 200 hundred if we add 10 to 20 tracks to the mod.

#118 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  •  Veteran

Posted 22 April 2007 - 02:26 PM

Some more suggestions

- Maybe make it so that we can skip the EA and Newline commercials when starting up the game...

- I like the "commercial" logos. They ad to the "movie feeling". So they will stay.

- Yeah I'm ALL for extra music as long as it's LotRs music ^_^

- Add a 'nazgul-button' to mordor fortress instead of having them recruitable from hero-screen

- Ehm why? They are heroes for Mordor? Why should they be listed elsewhere? You mean next to they porter??? Why?

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg

#119 LOTRguy

LOTRguy
  • Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 22 April 2007 - 04:14 PM

Hey Nazgul I think you should add Gondor Spearmen like the movies. The basic spearmen for MOTW. Then reskin the Tower guards and make them look like Citadel Guards and they will be the Elite spearmen. Oh and I think you are doing a great job with this mod and keep up the good work!

Edited by LOTRguy, 22 April 2007 - 07:19 PM.

#120 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  •  Veteran

Posted 22 April 2007 - 08:10 PM

Welcome to the forum LOTRguy! ;)
I have allready thought about it, but I'm afraid that the MotW will have too many units then.... hmm. But I like that unit idea though. Maybe if we set the Tower Guards to be stronger, like the best pike unit in the game, and make them a limited amoount instead, like the Uruk Elite, and then have Gondor Spearmen like "ordinary" pike units for MotW... I'll think about it. ^_^

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users