#1 KaRsKiN

KaRsKiN

One man modding machine...pfft!!

• Hosted
  • 208 posts
  • Projects:C&C: Origins
  •  Skivvy!

Posted 18 March 2007 - 01:29 PM

Hey, i was just wondering how EA hope to implement a Cannon Ending for C&C3, which might prove hard with the introduction of a third Faction.

Doesn't the Scrin Campaign after the main ones, or does it run simultaneosuly?

I reckon the GDI ending will be Cannon, but so will the Scrin one and it will run parallel to the GDI one.

I don't see the Scrin either Winning or being wiped out for good yet, do you?

Any ideas?
Posted Image

#2 Phil

Phil

Force Majeure

• Network Leaders
  • 7,976 posts
  • Projects:Revora, C&C:Online
  •  Thought Police
  • Division:Revora
  • Job:Network Leader
  • Donated
  • Association

Posted 18 March 2007 - 01:44 PM

I take it you mean "canon" not "cannon" :xd:

Actually I have no idea how the storylines will look, but C&C has always had different endings, so it wouldn't be new if every faction had its own ending and the GDI ending being the "official" one (so further story goes on from there).

revorapresident.jpg
My Political Compass

Sieben Elefanten hatte Herr Dschin
Und da war dann noch der achte.
Sieben waren wild und der achte war zahm
Und der achte war's, der sie bewachte.

#3 KaRsKiN

KaRsKiN

• Hosted
  • 208 posts
  •  Skivvy!

Posted 18 March 2007 - 01:49 PM

Yeah i know that, what i mean is, i Can't see the Scrin either winning or being wiped out yet can you?

I reckon it will hang on a cliffhanger ending, for an expansion pack maybe?
Posted Image

#4 Phil

Phil

Force Majeure

• Network Leaders
  • 7,976 posts
  •  Thought Police
  • Donated
  • Association

Posted 18 March 2007 - 01:53 PM

I say you wipe them out with Nod and GDI and win when playing as Scrin. Of course it would be made so that an expansion pack story is possible...

revorapresident.jpg
My Political Compass

#5 KaRsKiN

KaRsKiN

• Hosted
  • 208 posts
  •  Skivvy!

Posted 18 March 2007 - 01:56 PM

Hmmm, i hope one of the main themes of this game (storyline wise) is just who the hell is Kane!

That will be final piece that wraps up the storyline i reckon. As we now know what Tiberium is and why it is here...

We need to learn who Kane is...
Posted Image

#6 Daz

Daz

title available

• Hosted
  • 2,654 posts
  •  Revora Co-Founder

Posted 18 March 2007 - 05:31 PM

Didn't they say all the campaigns led to one definitive story ending?

To be honest I can't see this being the last C&C so I wouldn't imagine much will be wrapped up.

#7 Nemoricus

Nemoricus

Dragon Awesomeness for the Win!

• Project Team
  • 1,110 posts
  • Projects:FC Alpha tester, Enigma Advisor

Posted 18 March 2007 - 05:36 PM

Main problem C&C3 has canon wise is the Tacitus.
What happened to that?

The ending of C&C3 will certainly be one that they can run an expansion pack off of.
All C&C games with the exception of Renegade had expansions packs.

Besides, an expansion pack will mean more money for EA. They'll do one regardless.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#8 Marcjs

Marcjs

Lord Of Change

• Project Team
  • 569 posts
  • Projects:Only War

Posted 18 March 2007 - 06:52 PM

if you read the nod faction art page they mention the next game though subtle
Men who do nothing but dream should just stay in their dreams forever !!!!
Be Afraid Rodger Smith this dream isnt going to end till i bring your life to a end !!

YE GUILTY

#9 Destroyer

Destroyer

Byte me

• Members
  • 2,305 posts
  • Projects:Having fun
  •  Just this guy, you know?

Posted 18 March 2007 - 08:42 PM

For Nemoricus, I think the Tacitus is mentioned in the Scrin campaign opening video.

#10 MCV

MCV

title available

• Hosted
  • 737 posts
  • Projects:Uh... I'm writing a NGE/GitS/Lain/Snow Crash crossover fanfic?
  •  Decipherer of Paradox' legal talk.

Posted 18 March 2007 - 09:40 PM

Let's sum up what EA has done to the canon:

TS moved from 2031 to 2028
Too much emphasis on the Biblical aspect of Kane: (Kane never put much emphasis on the biblical part.)
Brotherhood age increased by a factor ten, see Biblical aspect.
All Firestorm Tech removed. (Part of EA's F3-Brainwashing)
Stealth tech removed (Part of EA's F3-Brainwashing)
Something happened in 2019, (Not referenced in TS as far as I know.)
Aliens introduced. (*)
Subterranean tech removed.
CABAL killed off.

*OK, introducing aliens in an RTS is not necciseraly a bad thing, but EA manages to make every mistake:

Aliens allways use otherworldy weapons like plasma, lasers and energy weapons. Why can't they use guns or missiles for once? Why?

A biologist was not hired to look at the alien designs. Take a look at the Stormtrooper. Something with that high a centre of gravity would not be suited for running nor long distance walking. In a foot soldier, that's not a very practical.

They've incorporated everything they could think of into the aliens. They're cyborgs. And they're swarming insectoids, like the Zerg, and they're highly advanced, like the Protoss. And they can phase out of excistence. (Tell me the science behind that! Everything in canon C&C could be explained some way or the other.) And they have a huge ring-shaped portal that they come through.

Bu the worst is not yet over: They're many different types of aliens. This is what I hate the most. Why are there several types of aliens all capable of comunicating, without any form of racial discrimination. There is a reason there is only one species of humans on the Earth, that is because the best one pushed the other out of it terretories so it died.

Oh, well ending. I hate open ends. I push the Brotherhood out of Europ, and I fry their leader to sub-atomic particles. It can go on, or it can end. I exhaust two nations, strangle the agressor leader, and make peace. It can only end. I stick a sword through the bastard. It can go on, or it can end. I just can stand it when I am left with an uncomplete story.
Posted Image

#11 Phil

Phil

Force Majeure

• Network Leaders
  • 7,976 posts
  •  Thought Police
  • Donated
  • Association

Posted 18 March 2007 - 10:07 PM

Stealth tech removed (Part of EA's F3-Brainwashing)

Stealth tech is still in, but they've overdone it a bit IMO: stealth tanks, stealth bombers, stealth infantry, stealthing power...
And the disruption tower is ridiculous.. cloaking everything except itself.

CABAL killed off.

Well, he was killed off, I don't really see a problem here.

Aliens allways use otherworldy weapons like plasma, lasers and energy weapons. Why can't they use guns or missiles for once? Why?

It would have been okay if they kept it to one new kind of weapon system, something they invented. But the game is all lasers anyway, so it doesn't make much of a difference.

Oh, well ending. I hate open ends. I push the Brotherhood out of Europ, and I fry their leader to sub-atomic particles. It can go on, or it can end. I exhaust two nations, strangle the agressor leader, and make peace. It can only end. I stick a sword through the bastard. It can go on, or it can end. I just can stand it when I am left with an uncomplete story.

I personally have no problem with that, is it has been like that in TS too... Kane was dead but returned to terrorise GDI once more.

I do agree with most other things you mentioned though. I really think they could have done better if they had kept the good things of TS in mind, but hey, it's a new game, so let's give it a chance :p

revorapresident.jpg
My Political Compass

#12 Hostile

Hostile

Benefitting Humanity Simply by Showing Up!

• Veterans
  • 9,551 posts
  •  T3A Founder
  • Job:Global Administrator
  • Donated
  • Association

Posted 18 March 2007 - 10:49 PM

I asked the fat guy from EA Games (I call him that cause he's fat and don't remember his name) about wether this is a continuation of the story or if this is a final chapter?

He gave a vague reply indicating that the story may go on. (I guess that depends how well cnc3 sold)

#13 Nighthawk

Nighthawk

Grumble Grumble.

• Division Leaders
  • 2,946 posts
  • Projects:The Third War, Ares, misc side projects.
  •  Strategist and Modder
  • Division:C&C Guild
  • Job:Division Leader
  • Association

Posted 18 March 2007 - 11:25 PM

That's why I like Battlestar Galactica. The Cylons may be advanced cyborgs capable of existing in human form, but they don't use uber weapons like lasers and all that. The most advanced weapon any of them has is a nuke, they still all use machine guns and missiles. That's real war, not phwoosh laser Star Wars for the masses. Although C&C3 could hardly be counted as 'real war', then again neither could Battlestar Galactica, although both are possible. I'll leave it there, I'm in one of my rambling moments :p
Posted Image
Posted Image
Job Openings with the Guild: Division Staff, News Posters.
Job Openings with Ares: Documentation Maintainer, Active Testers.

PM if interested.

#14 thudo

thudo

Wacko AI Guy!

• Division Leaders
  • 12,164 posts
  • Projects:DoW AI Scripting Project
  • Division:DoW

Posted 19 March 2007 - 02:14 AM

That's why I like Battlestar Galactica. The Cylons may be advanced cyborgs capable of existing in human form, but they don't use uber weapons like lasers and all that. The most advanced weapon any of them has is a nuke, they still all use machine guns and missiles. That's real war, not phwoosh laser Star Wars for the masses. Although C&C3 could hardly be counted as 'real war', then again neither could Battlestar Galactica, although both are possible. I'll leave it there, I'm in one of my rambling moments :p

Gimme a frick'n break: thats ONE major reason why I don't watch the new BattleStar Galactica and any movies/series with an INCONSISTENT TECHNOLOGICAL STREAM. Civilizations that have vehicles that can reach near speed-of-light or machines that can create biological clones (living exo-skeletons) but then have absolutely LAME-ARSE pellet-firing ordnance totally fails.

Thank GAWD the Scrin are smarter than super-low tech bullets and missiles. Might as well as be overbloated pee-shooters rather than netx-gen superior ENERGY weapons. This fact utterly pisses me outright in BattleStar Galactica where the across-the-board technology doesn't flow properly. Bullet Weapons... BAHHHHHHHH! Pathetic and super-uncharacterisitically low tech for a civilization supposedly aeons ahead of us. It was probably a "budget decision" to use common military weapons and slightly doctor them up.

High tech civilizations DO NOT use physical-projectile BASED WEAPONS! They move toward energy then other more superior-advanced munitions like mind power, space-warping, plasma, ion, fusion, etc etc..

Aliens and Future-Ahead races are NOT dumb to use barbaric/caveman "rock-throwing" bullets/missiles.
Advanced Skirmish AI Team Lead for the coolest Warhammer40k PC RTS out there:

Dawn of War Advanced AI Headquarters

Latest DoW Advanced AI Download!

#15 Hostile

Hostile

Benefitting Humanity Simply by Showing Up!

• Veterans
  • 9,551 posts
  •  T3A Founder
  • Job:Global Administrator
  • Donated
  • Association

Posted 19 March 2007 - 02:35 AM

Projectile weapons are cheap to manufacture and are cheap to upkeep. There is some benefit to that right? They are rather effective on doing the job also.

#16 thudo

thudo

Wacko AI Guy!

• Division Leaders
  • 12,164 posts

Posted 19 March 2007 - 03:08 AM

Projectile weapons are cheap to manufacture and are cheap to upkeep. There is some benefit to that right? They are rather effective on doing the job also.

Not in a technologically-advanced civilization which treats non-bullet/missile ordnance just as cheap and as mastered. Cheap/Mass-Produced does not equate to militarily efficient. ie. Energy Shields easily repel bullets/missiles like swatting a fly. Throwing a bullet/missile at high velocity becomes just another hyper-shot catapult. Cheap.. yes.. but not enlightened for future military advanced deployment systems.

#17 Daz

Daz

title available

• Hosted
  • 2,654 posts
  •  Revora Co-Founder

Posted 19 March 2007 - 11:48 AM

I love it when people try to pass things off as facts about things that haven't happened and might well never happen.

Thudo, how many "high tech civilizations" from the future have you seen around?

Who's to say that all the future weapons programs that get tested now and tend to crop up in sci-fi (railguns, lasers, those heat ray things) will actually make it to military use?
*Take railguns out of that list, they're physical projectile too.

In about ten years someone might perfect working sci-fi-esque lasers and a year or two later someone else could decide that firing one makes you infertile. Which would pretty much count out there being much of a futuristic civilisation to use them.

And most of the BSG weapons aren't doctored up. Infact I don't think any of them are any more, in the mini series they had a revolver in a plastic casing for the sidearm but got rid of it for the first proper series because it could only be fired once in a scene (there was one scene where the sidearm is fired twice, but the second shot effects are computer generated) as you had to dismantle it to reload.
Now they have FN FiveSevens, Beretta CX4s, HK MP7s and Enfield L85s (which tend to have the white furniture instead of green, and may or may not be the version HK had to fix as I don't know the L85A2's distinguishing features). I believe there were some FN P90s around in the first season too and there's the occasional other weapon knocking around. The CX4s and MP7s usually have ELCAN optics or another type that I forget the name of.

Although there was a weird pistol in the episode on Sky One last week that I've never really noticed before (they're just props afterall, you're not meant to read more into it than them being guns). Looked a bit like the Auto9 from Robocop.

#18 thudo

thudo

Wacko AI Guy!

• Division Leaders
  • 12,164 posts

Posted 19 March 2007 - 02:34 PM

And most of the BSG weapons aren't doctored up. Infact I don't think any of them are any more, in the mini series they had a revolver in a plastic casing for the sidearm but got rid of it for the first proper series because it could only be fired once in a scene (there was one scene where the sidearm is fired twice, but the second shot effects are computer generated) as you had to dismantle it to reload.
Now they have FN FiveSevens, Beretta CX4s, HK MP7s and Enfield L85s (which tend to have the white furniture instead of green, and may or may not be the version HK had to fix as I don't know the L85A2's distinguishing features). I believe there were some FN P90s around in the first season too and there's the occasional other weapon knocking around. The CX4s and MP7s usually have ELCAN optics or another type that I forget the name of.

Although there was a weird pistol in the episode on Sky One last week that I've never really noticed before (they're just props afterall, you're not meant to read more into it than them being guns). Looked a bit like the Auto9 from Robocop.

D00d.. you just answered your own question: BSG uses modern day Earth weapons! How is that consistent with the technology they have in other areas? How are the Cylons able to clone human exo-skeletons yet are so backward they have bullet/pellet firing weapon systems? Its like the movie AI.. the last reminents of humanity are for some amazing reason able to do the impossible: build sentient robots which is massively MASSIVELY hard yet oh look.. they use PILLS to give to people for medicine. STUPID.

Technology MUST be consistent. You just don't massively-advance in ONE facet of technology while others BADLY stray.. there is a balance. R&D progresses. Having BSG, for example, using known weapons we use on Earth, is a cop-out due to a limited budget. Admit it. In BSG they have light-speed vehicles yet for some damn reason they can't R&D much better weapons.. AND THEY ARE AT WAR with their main adversary, the CYLONS? Stupid..

War breeds advancements.. look at us here on Earth. We have better personell weapons then THEY do on BSG. GHEY! COme one... thats utter BS. I cannot stand this utter buchery of sci-fi consistency. Its too.. pedestrian.

#19 Marcjs

Marcjs

Lord Of Change

• Project Team
  • 569 posts
  • Projects:Only War

Posted 19 March 2007 - 02:45 PM

Actually they kind of started and lost the war in the same day in Battlestar so i doubt they had much time for R&D

and galatica the ship its technology are ancient so perhaps they never had the new toys after all it was a museum piece.

though their FTL drives are a bit silly its like they are Folding Space kind of cheating and a bit more advance than anything else they have perhaps Galatica didnt have one when it was built perhaps it was added to move the ship to were it was going to be a museum so thats why it they seem to be using inferior technology though their pistols that fire explosive bullets that are slightly more powerful than what we have :p

"Cylons able to clone human exo-skeletons"

they are almost 90% human with some modifications to the brain thats why the humans can just stap them or shot them or throw them out the airlock not at all like the TERMINATORS

though this seems to be slightly off topic ;)

Edited by Marcjs, 19 March 2007 - 02:48 PM.

Men who do nothing but dream should just stay in their dreams forever !!!!
Be Afraid Rodger Smith this dream isnt going to end till i bring your life to a end !!

YE GUILTY

#20 Nighthawk

Nighthawk

Grumble Grumble.

• Division Leaders
  • 2,946 posts
  • Projects:The Third War, Ares, misc side projects.
  •  Strategist and Modder
  • Division:C&C Guild
  • Association

Posted 19 March 2007 - 02:48 PM

Even though I started this argument about BSG, as a moderator I must ask that it end, or turn its attention back toward the game, otherwise I'll lock the topic or clean it out.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Job Openings with the Guild: Division Staff, News Posters.
Job Openings with Ares: Documentation Maintainer, Active Testers.

PM if interested.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users