67 replies to this topic

#1 Mongoose

Mongoose

TFH rOCks

• Hosted
  • 785 posts
  •  OMG I'M MEMBER NUMBER 189

Posted 18 March 2007 - 11:56 PM

Well we modders sometimes aint always happy with the way things turn out, and thats why we mod so i wanna ask you the people of the comunity.

What would you like to be changed?
What should be removed?
What should be added into the game?
What could be fixed for the better?

Well here is my 2 cents, i think we should change the hro units as they just seem to plan and boring they seem to have no personality. Sure they are trying to make them the same as the commando from CNC 1 but no the less it just isnt working for me. I belive this could be fixed maybe by adding in the old sound files for the GDI commando or giving them the Ghost Stalker or somthing we all know. As for nod that femaile commando just isnt working it seems like they tryed to do a tanya and boris like thing and with the removel of the cyborg think puting the cyborg commando into the game it would be so awsome to just listen to him agian.

Another thing i would love to do is remove the sucide bomber(i just don't like'em) and maybe replace them with the muntant hijacker. It would just seem more NOD like to not have a sucide bomber.

Radar, it really dosnt need to be active from the start it would be nice to have the outposts do a job

Please post your ideas, i want to build up a list for a mod

Edited by Mongoose, 19 March 2007 - 02:39 PM.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#2 Hostile

Hostile

Benefitting Humanity Simply by Showing Up!

• Veterans
  • 9,551 posts
  •  T3A Founder
  • Division:Revora
  • Job:Global Administrator
  • Donated
  • Association

Posted 19 March 2007 - 12:59 AM

I think the suicide bomber, while it makes sense story wise, the way they were implemented is stupid.

Having the AI effectively use them means you have wave after wave of people (suicide bombers), squads, that actually run faster than tanks, attack you.

Then they run and independentally blow up all your front of the line units. Well, that's just stupid IMO. Since when can suicide bombers take out entire armor columns?

Evidently in cnc3 they do. We need to mod this correctly right aways. Having 4 squads of suicide bombers attack and destroy a number of front of the line units is stupid.

I had a mammoth, 2 heavy tanks, and 2 APC, then a bunch of SB come and I'm left with one mammoth 1/2 damaged. WTF?

That's some pretty good SBs?

#3 Mongoose

Mongoose

TFH rOCks

• Hosted
  • 785 posts

Posted 19 March 2007 - 03:43 AM

Yeah, having the hijacker take it's place would be alot better
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#4 need my speed

need my speed

For Soviet people!

• Hosted
  • 1,290 posts

Posted 19 March 2007 - 06:29 AM

Yeah, that does fit Nod more also. I also want to lower down the price of Avatars, look:

Mammoth
Cost: $2500 + 1 time $3000 for Railguns

Avatar (normal Mammoth can beat Avatar, I don't know if normal Mammoths can beat fully upgraded Avatar)
Cost: $3000 (please down to $2000) + Beam Cannon $1000 + Flame Tank $800 + Attack Cycle (don't know the price, but around $300 - $600 I guess) + Stealth Tank $1000

Many may not agree with me, but IMO it's rather pointless to buuild Avatars instead of Scorpions. 1 Avatar can't even survive against 3 Predator Tanks (wihout any upgrade).
Please, if you see a mistake in my posts - spelling, grammar, punctuation, or whatever else - point it out. How can one learn from mistakes, if one is not corrected?
There is no wealth like knowledge, no poverty like ignorance.

#5 Mongoose

Mongoose

TFH rOCks

• Hosted
  • 785 posts

Posted 19 March 2007 - 06:52 AM

There was another littel thing, power plants cost to much.... in the old CNC you would find that if you have an engineer it wouldnt be econmicaly visable to send one into a powerplant sence they only cost around 200 while the engi was 500....now everything 500 +
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#6 ambershee

ambershee

Nimbusfish Rawks

• Hosted
  • 3,114 posts
  • Projects:Mutator Week & Unreal 3 Projects
  •  Mad Mod Boffin

Posted 19 March 2007 - 12:37 PM

The APC. It lacks speed, it lacks surviveability. It's a terrible transport as half your infantry can outrun it anyway.

It acts as an anti-infantry weapon. It shouldn't. It's a mine layer. It shouldn't be.

#7 Daz

Daz

title available

• Hosted
  • 2,654 posts
  •  Revora Co-Founder

Posted 19 March 2007 - 01:52 PM

Pitbull clearly being a Rocket Buggy from Generals.

Bring back the hummer.

#8 Marcjs

Marcjs

Lord Of Change

• Project Team
  • 569 posts
  • Projects:Only War

Posted 19 March 2007 - 02:34 PM

aww i like the pitbull though only as amusing unit running around mortaring people and then getting close to use the rockets :p

but i agree with the avatar comments it would be better if you can salavage wrecks instead and then you wouldnt be building units to just be destoryed.
Men who do nothing but dream should just stay in their dreams forever !!!!
Be Afraid Rodger Smith this dream isnt going to end till i bring your life to a end !!

YE GUILTY

#9 Mongoose

Mongoose

TFH rOCks

• Hosted
  • 785 posts

Posted 19 March 2007 - 02:49 PM

Clearly there are alot of things from generals that EA just can't seem to let go. Anyway here is the list we have so far

Well with the apc, it's pointless anyway beacsue of the group infantry idea, on that note to transport 1 group of infantry across the battle and then have them do nothing beacuse rifels are usless against anything but meat.

APC - More of an APC
Suicide bomber - Just remove it, not needed
Radar - Make the command posts give you radar and not start
Commando - Give more personality and usfulness

Just an idea but removing the group infantry and making there wepons more effective could work out better, plus it will give the APC a much better role.

Edited by Mongoose, 19 March 2007 - 02:52 PM.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#10 Hostile

Hostile

• Veterans
  • 9,551 posts
  •  T3A Founder
  • Donated
  • Association

Posted 19 March 2007 - 03:27 PM

Clearly there are alot of things from generals that EA just can't seem to let go. Anyway here is the list we have so far

Well with the apc, it's pointless anyway beacsue of the group infantry idea, on that note to transport 1 group of infantry across the battle and then have them do nothing beacuse rifels are usless against anything but meat.

APC - More of an APC
Suicide bomber - Just remove it, not needed
Radar - Make the command posts give you radar and not start
Commando - Give more personality and usfulness

Just an idea but removing the group infantry and making there wepons more effective could work out better, plus it will give the APC a much better role.

Ambershee, sorry but my APCs will rip you to shreds. I'm very happy with them. I agree on the suicide bombers, they are just idiot units. Radar should be a proper structure unto itself. You have to build a radar in order to use one.

Commando should have some more personality. It's not a unit I choose to build because it has no personality. At least Jarmen Kell and Lt Burton had some personality. Trully, I've never built a commando because of it.

#11 Solinx

Solinx

• Undead
  • 3,101 posts
  • Projects:Real Life
  • Job:Retired Leader / Manager

Posted 19 March 2007 - 03:27 PM

I think having squads of infantry is actually an improvement.

Improving the weapons of infantry would be nice, but keep the restrictions as they are. Simple riflemen just don't have much, if any at all, effect on armored vehicles.

Solinx
Posted Image

"An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made in a very narrow field." - Niels Bohr

#12 Marcjs

Marcjs

Lord Of Change

• Project Team
  • 569 posts
  • Projects:Only War

Posted 19 March 2007 - 04:12 PM

rifle squads shouldn't do any damage to armor

i like the nod commando but i agree it would have been better to have a personality or hell even a name

improve the oblisck recharge rate its laughable you shouldn't need to spend even more money on beam cannons to improve it

oh and only have one tech building for nod the tech center not the shrine (though the Shrine looks better)

Edited by Marcjs, 19 March 2007 - 04:15 PM.

Men who do nothing but dream should just stay in their dreams forever !!!!
Be Afraid Rodger Smith this dream isnt going to end till i bring your life to a end !!

YE GUILTY

#13 Phil

Phil

Force Majeure

• Network Leaders
  • 7,976 posts
  • Projects:Revora, C&C:Online
  •  Thought Police
  • Job:Network Leader
  • Donated
  • Association

Posted 19 March 2007 - 05:13 PM

I guess the list of all the things I'd change would be a bit too long to post here... besides, I'd need to make it first :p

revorapresident.jpg
My Political Compass

Sieben Elefanten hatte Herr Dschin
Und da war dann noch der achte.
Sieben waren wild und der achte war zahm
Und der achte war's, der sie bewachte.

#14 Athena

Athena

Embody the Truth

• Undead
  • 6,946 posts
  •  Former Community Leader

Posted 19 March 2007 - 07:27 PM

I vote the Nod Commando gets a name somehow similar or related to my name :p.

I agree on the radar issue and the suicide bombers, the APCs do not bother me much. The squads of infantry also are not as bad as I thought they'd be.

#15 Kazyumi

Kazyumi

We Shall Purify

• Members
  • 2,156 posts
  • Projects:Making a master plan to destroy the consumerist society.
  •  Revora's Local Forum Whore

Posted 19 March 2007 - 11:03 PM

I'd like to see the base defenses do some more damage. Two scorpion tanks owning an anti-tank defense is just laughably stupid.

The rig is a joke...

Also, Nod's armada doesn't seem to be any good really..
Nod feels really underpowered...

Lurking moar since 2004 2003!

#16 Twilus

Twilus

Your Mother's Father's Uncle's Moustache!

• Members
  • 471 posts
  •  Music forum poster

Posted 19 March 2007 - 11:29 PM

I'd like to see the base defenses do some more damage. Two scorpion tanks owning an anti-tank defense is just laughably stupid.

The rig is a joke...

Also, Nod's armada doesn't seem to be any good really..
Nod feels really underpowered...

I entirely agree with you, I am always GDI because of nod only having the scorpion tank (The Avatar is too expensive and weak for it's price).

The rig is nice if you have 2-3 mammoth or predator tanks around it. Though it's destroyed very quickly...
I refuse to have a signature.

Oh wait...

#17 Hostile

Hostile

• Veterans
  • 9,551 posts
  •  T3A Founder
  • Donated
  • Association

Posted 20 March 2007 - 06:12 AM

I sorta solved the demo, The key is don't turtle. I turtled with poor results.

I built tech center and pumped out fully upgraded mammoths, then I finally wiped just the medium player. This is a hard AI EA has made.

I've been experimenting and was most frustrated. AI countered all my "rush tactics"

Then I simply used the upgrade and attack. That finally broke the camels back.

Build a tech center and pump out 2/1 mammoths vs juggernauts. But you have to build rail guns first, than mortar option. Than you are invincible.

As long as you keep your micro up. You also have to understand and use Click both buttons to form a "stance" You absolutely have to be able to do that to set unit formations.

#18 CodeCat

CodeCat

Half fox, half cat, and all insanity!

• Members
  • 3,768 posts
  •  Fighting for equality of all species

Posted 20 March 2007 - 02:14 PM

You just need to keep at it and never stop. Even a small attack will waste the AI's resources, giving you more time to level up to the really good stuff. If you sit and wait, the AI will soon get an advantage and you'll get picked at from all sides.
CodeCat

Posted Image
Posted Image

#19 Nighthawk

Nighthawk

Grumble Grumble.

• Division Leaders
  • 2,947 posts
  • Projects:The Third War, Ares, misc side projects.
  •  Strategist and Modder
  • Division:C&C Guild
  • Job:Division Leader
  • Association

Posted 20 March 2007 - 04:53 PM

Basically EA is forcing us to rush on everything except the Turtle persona.
I wouldn't say Nod's air force is underpowered, the Vertigo bomber does basically the same damage as a Firehawk, though it can stealth, while the Venom never seems to run out of ammo when I've gone against them, it just sits there and machine guns everything to death, and when you try and run away, it follows you. I'd say, if anything, make the AA defenses stronger, it takes at least 3 or 4 AA Batteries to take down a Vertigo quickly.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Job Openings with the Guild: Division Staff, News Posters.
Job Openings with Ares: Documentation Maintainer, Active Testers.

PM if interested.

#20 Daz

Daz

title available

• Hosted
  • 2,654 posts
  •  Revora Co-Founder

Posted 20 March 2007 - 05:27 PM

The Venom doesn't have to go and reload.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users