#1 FireBlade

FireBlade

The weak will perish

• Members
  • 1,561 posts
  • Projects:Nothing atm
  •  Leaders are nothing unless they serve

Posted 20 March 2007 - 04:57 AM

Well 07/07/07 is coming up soon, so I was wondering if we could get to see anything special from Project Raptor.

I actualy dream that PR would be finished on that date :D it would be a tribute to moving out of PR 7.0

Vangard if it is at all possible, it would make hundreds of people so happy to have PR 8.0 released on that date, or perhaps the day after. But I know it isn't likely :sad2:
Posted Image

FireBlade-"Hello old friends :) ahhh still the same wargames, with the exception of a few things."

Paradox-"Yes, like sanity. :p"

"The question mark man" ???????

#2 Fire Ze Missiles!

Fire Ze Missiles!

Lord High NukeMaster

• Members
  • 1,200 posts
  • Projects:The Ziggurat generally, Apocalypse in particular.
  •  Refuses to be beaten by Vortigern.

Posted 20 March 2007 - 06:43 PM

I second that request. Although if you're planning on releasing any sooner than that I won't stop you... Hey, here's to hoping.
Of course I don't look busy; I did it right the first time.
Ever stop to think and forget to start again?
There are 10 kinds of people in this world: Those who understand binary and those who don't.
FZM and Vort don't do tag wrestling...but if they did, they'd probably be the worst tag-wrestlers in the world.
Posted ImagePosted Image
Oh for fuck's sake!

#3 FireBlade

FireBlade

The weak will perish

• Members
  • 1,561 posts

Posted 22 March 2007 - 03:24 AM

I bet Vanguard isn't even around to look at this, and by the time 07/07/07 comes up, he won't have even seen this :(
Posted Image

FireBlade-"Hello old friends :) ahhh still the same wargames, with the exception of a few things."

#4 sath

sath

Death is here!

• Members
  • 347 posts
  •  runabout boy

Posted 28 March 2007 - 07:01 PM

Somehow i don't think that the negative view will get VG back; speaking of which i can only speculate that:

VG is up to his ears in some sort of work, be it school work or something else

VG's house has been bombarded with very large random objects from the sky, destroying his comp in the process :p

Or he has simply forgotton about PR (i doubt it but hey, it's still possible)
When someone opens up a can of kick butt, then the best thing to do is to open up a can of baked beans

Remember! If you smoke weed you’ll get high, if you smoke a reed you would die

Apparently Donkeys kill more people every year than air-plane crashes

#5 00 Nobody

00 Nobody

Founder of 00 Nobody Maps

• Members
  • 1,586 posts
  • Projects:00 Nobody Maps
  •  Mapper and Founder of 00 Nobody Maps

Posted 01 April 2007 - 10:31 PM

Vanguard has abandoned PR for the void where all dead mods go, I'm afraid. :p

Edited by 00 Nobody, 01 April 2007 - 10:31 PM.

00 Nobody Maps and Missions
Desert Legends RPG C&C's ONLY
Desert Doorway Defenders
Desert Corps.
BattleTanx
Operation: The Dragon's Den
Construct additional pylons. No, seriously. The power's out. Those power lines are overloaded. WE NEED MOAR PYLONS!

#6 Bismarck

Bismarck

Ineficent poster

• Project Team
  • 345 posts
  • Projects:It's dead! Call Dr. House!

Posted 02 April 2007 - 01:36 PM

Has anybody tried to contact him?

Edited by Bismarck, 02 April 2007 - 01:37 PM.

Posted Image!
Ruler of the waves!
92% of teens have moved onto rap. If you are part of the 8% that still listen to real music, copy and paste this into your signature.

#7 Delta24US

Delta24US

The Japanese are attacking

• Members
  • 710 posts

Posted 03 April 2007 - 09:36 PM

if you check his revora profile he hasnt been on in like forever,

ohhh btw happy birthday to me :p
Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image
"Jesus didn't resurrect. He respawned."

"I hated going to weddings. All the grandmas would poke me saying "You're next". They stopped that when I started doing it to them at funerals."

#8 Soul

Soul

Divine Chaos

• Project Team
  • 3,781 posts
  • Projects:Sigma Invasion
  •  This person isn't important

Posted 04 April 2007 - 01:57 AM

So basically VG abandoned this mod for that EAW mod?
Posted ImagePosted Image

Soul 2.4

Background process. Has something to do with some activity going on somewhere. Sorting junkmail, I think. No value or interest. Doesn't do much except hog resource.

#9 Bob

Bob

Marine Corps Expeditionary Fighting Vehicle (EFV)

• Project Team
  • 1,252 posts
  • Projects:Project Raptor, ZH Maps
  •  "If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking."

Posted 04 April 2007 - 12:22 PM

Has anybody tried to contact him?

I sent him a map for PR about a month or two ago now, and I haven't heard anything back from him. I haven't pressed the issue lately, because of illness and other crap going on in my life lately. But anyway, I've just sent him a PM and a couple of e-mails to his G-mail accounts... So we shall see if he responds or not.

Hopefully he's ok and just playing frack out of C&C3, or just found a girlfriend, or is busy at work and/or college, or something like that.

Vanguard has abandoned PR for the void where all dead mods go, I'm afraid. :thumbsupsmiley:

There is an unreleased early unfinished version of PR 8.0 floating around that testers got quite a while back. So, I wouldn't completely categorize PR as dead yet, but perhaps rather on 'extended hiatus' until VG decides to resume the project, or announce her full demise. We shall see, but I think he'll come through with a completed PR 8.0 sometime in the future. Have faith in the Vanguard... The Vanguard is good... The Vanguard is wise (usually) :crazed:

Edited by Bob, 04 April 2007 - 12:24 PM.

Posted Image
Posted Image

- Bob

Posted Image

#10 Bismarck

Bismarck

Ineficent poster

• Project Team
  • 345 posts
  • Projects:It's dead! Call Dr. House!

Posted 04 April 2007 - 12:50 PM

So, the mod is not ''dead'' but ''slowed down''. Thats good.
Posted Image!
Ruler of the waves!
92% of teens have moved onto rap. If you are part of the 8% that still listen to real music, copy and paste this into your signature.

#11 Tigs2006

Tigs2006
  • Guests
  • 36 posts

Posted 15 April 2007 - 08:17 PM

Does anybody got the unfinished 8.0 so we all can have a look at? :D

#12 xjjohnno

xjjohnno
  • Members
  • 89 posts

Posted 16 April 2007 - 12:46 PM

Has it dawned on anyone that something rather unpleasant may have happened to VG like him being a victim of a car accident?
It's a bit sad that folk seem more concerned re the mod versus his welfare,whether it's his mental welfare re being overly tied up and life running away from him thanks to commitment to the mod or perhaps his physical welfare.
Give him a break,if he re appears great,if not then he's surely entitled to that choice whatever his reasons.

#13 sath

sath

Death is here!

• Members
  • 347 posts
  •  runabout boy

Posted 16 April 2007 - 03:19 PM

Has it dawned on anyone that something rather unpleasant may have happened to VG like him being a victim of a car accident?
It's a bit sad that folk seem more concerned re the mod versus his welfare,whether it's his mental welfare re being overly tied up and life running away from him thanks to commitment to the mod or perhaps his physical welfare.
Give him a break,if he re appears great,if not then he's surely entitled to that choice whatever his reasons.

yes it dawned; quite a while ago however negative thinking like that is bad

Though i get the impression that you feel that we don't care about VG...
When someone opens up a can of kick butt, then the best thing to do is to open up a can of baked beans

Remember! If you smoke weed you’ll get high, if you smoke a reed you would die

Apparently Donkeys kill more people every year than air-plane crashes

#14 00 Nobody

00 Nobody

• Members
  • 1,586 posts

Posted 16 April 2007 - 11:01 PM

We love VG! well not in that way but anyways we like his mod a lot and wish to see it finished to at least 8.0, at which point it may be passed on to another modmaker. Hopefully that modmaker (if he/she is appointed it) will listen to our suggestions for the mod (in my opinion, a tomahawk raptor and the Paladin Mark II).
Desert Doorway Defenders
Desert Corps.
BattleTanx
Construct additional pylons. No, seriously. The power's out. Those power lines are overloaded. WE NEED MOAR PYLONS!

#15 FireBlade

FireBlade

The weak will perish

• Members
  • 1,561 posts

Posted 21 April 2007 - 07:55 PM

PLEASE COME BACK VG WE MISS YOU!!!!!
Posted Image

#16 00 Nobody

00 Nobody

• Members
  • 1,586 posts

Posted 22 April 2007 - 02:15 AM

chances are he isnt going to see this topic for a couple months but oh well! COME BACK VG!
Desert Doorway Defenders
Desert Corps.
BattleTanx

#17 FireBlade

FireBlade

The weak will perish

• Members
  • 1,561 posts

Posted 01 May 2007 - 06:02 AM

Well can we at least have the incomplete versions released on 07-07-07? Bob?
Posted Image

#18 Bob

Bob

• Project Team
  • 1,252 posts

Posted 01 May 2007 - 06:48 PM

That's not my call. I can't violate VG's trust like that. It's his mod, and he trusts his beta testers to test the mod. Not to release it behind his back.

Hopefully nothing bad has happened to VG, and he's just in his first year of college studying (and partying) his a$$ off. :huh:

I have sent PMs and e-mails to him, but have had no luck in getting a response. So in the mean time well just all have to sit, wait, and see what happens (if anything).

I know the 00_Nobody is making maps for PR/Zero Hour still, and I encourage others to do the same. I have a couple of finished maps that I submitted to VG for inclusion into PR 8.0 a while before VG went into 'deep running silent mode' and I might be inclined to release those maps soon. Come to think of it, one of them I already have, kinda. This is a ZH version of the map I sent to VG, and not the PR version which is slightly different. This is located over at CnCDen in the featured maps section, it's called, "Long Island Nuclear Winter":

http://www.cncden.co..._featured.shtml

I'm currently working on a new 7 player map for ZH. I don't have a good title for yet. All I can say at this point is that it can be played as a 3 versus 4 comp-stomp map, or a 3 vs 2 vs 2 online team map. It's taking me forever to complete (like most of my maps) so don't look for it's release soon. If there's interest I would be willing to update you on it's progress, otherwise I'm more inclined to just keep my trap shut, and let it be a secret until it's released. :lol:

Two other maps that I've sent to VG for final approval are:

Syrianna: The Schieks Revenge - This is a 5 player desert map. 1 player in each of the 4 corners and has a village that surrounds the bases, while the 5th player sits on top of an easily accessible 'hill' in the center of the map which is rather hard to defend. The advantage to his position though, is that he has many oil derricks nearby, and he starts with two SCUD storms available to him up on the hill.

Forward Operations Base (FOB) Danger - This is a 2 vs 2 team map in a desert setting. Team one starts out in one corner of the map at a walled in airport (FOB) and has the ability to capture an AF general's command center to muck around with. While on the other team, up in the mountains, has access to a secret 'underground' facility commanded by the Chinese Nuke General from his capturable command center. As for the middle part of the map, there is a river that runs diagonally through the map, and it splits narrowly at the canter of the map. This is where there is a GLA city 'stronghold' with market places and all your usual tech items. There is also a GLA demo general's 'base' if you will, where you have access to a couple of his war-factories, just to make things interesting. This one is by far the better of any of the maps listed here.

Two other maps that I have made but are in 'hold' are:

Insurgency Bay - This was the first map I ever made. And it shows lol. I'm not sure it's gonna see the light of day. it's an oversized 2 player map (one of those 'it seemed like a good idea at the time' type of jobs. lol). The main feature of the map was up on a large sized hill that overlooks a bay and beach area, was a college medical university campus that was swarming with Dr. Thrax structures an vehicles to capture and use. Down below in the beach area is an 'entertainment' district similar to the one that you can see in the released map Long Island Nuclear Winter. The bay area stretched along the southern third of the map and entered the side of the two bases, where there was a port for each of the two bases. Each base had a working (but fake) amphibious assault carriers. These carriers had a mass of land that stuck up through the sunken down carrier and had an Airfield planted on top of it. It also had a re-scripted Chinese tank general's sentinel war factory stuck into the tail of the carrier. Here's a picture:

Posted Image

The factory could produce hovercrafts, marines, ambulances, and the SW gens combat engineer. It could not produce the hovertanks pictured though. Those were just laid out along the side of the ship to be captured. On the other side of the carrier was a ramp laid out so that a Chinese amphib unit can climb the ramp and drop off a red guard and capture the airfield. (Of course the AI wont do that. This originally was going to be an online map until I learned that all the fancy coding of the factory wouldn't work online) Anyway, feel free to use the airfield on top of the carrier idea for your maps. I really like this idea and I would like to see more maps with this feature. I'm planning to use it on my map that I'm currently working on as well.

Quarters Island - This isn't ready for VG just yet I've got some issues to fix. It's a map inspired from Close Quarters Map Pack" by Alliance. You can click here to download the map-pack and get a general idea of how Quarter Island works. My map just expands on the idea by providing more ways to get around behind your opponent, including via beach, waterways, and even a large train crevasse (channel) of sorts that runs the entire length of the map.

Well that's all I've got for now. I hope maybe this will inspire others in some way to continue to make maps even though PR is stalled, and C&C3 is the flavor of the day. Remember, some of us can't play C&C3 due to computer issues, and still rely on ZH to keep us entertained. So any maps you make for either PR or just plain ZH will be greatly appreciated by the community.

If you have a PR based map, feel free to post it on our forum board. If you have a map that is made for ZH consider posting it at CnCMaps or CnCDen so that the entire community can enjoy your maps.

That's all folks. Have a nice day!

Edited by Bob, 01 May 2007 - 06:56 PM.

Posted Image
Posted Image

- Bob

Posted Image

#19 FireBlade

FireBlade

The weak will perish

• Members
  • 1,561 posts

Posted 02 May 2007 - 06:28 AM

I can't make pr maps anymore thanks to Modtoaster 2's changes. It was fun while it lasted though :crazed:
Posted Image

#20 Bob

Bob

• Project Team
  • 1,252 posts

Posted 03 May 2007 - 01:20 AM

Yep, sadly I ended up removing Modtoaster so I could do what I really like to do occasionally. Mapping for PR and ZH. I'm no artist or expert at it (and it shows), but I like to do it now and then. It keeps me off the streets at night. :)
Posted Image
Posted Image

- Bob

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users