#81 m@tt

m@tt

#######

• Project Team
  • 4,056 posts
  • Projects:The Dwarf Holds
  •  T3A Chamber Member

Posted 31 March 2007 - 09:54 AM

holy shit its huge. Just make sure its not so big it doesn't hit buildings properly :xcahik_:
Posted Image

#82 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  • Projects:BFME2 - Nazgûl's Special Extended Edition
  •  Veteran

Posted 31 March 2007 - 10:37 AM

Hehe nah it looks pretty good actually... well like before only bigger, but there is one problem. It stops a tad too late when attacking, so the nose goes a bit into the building before pulling back for the hit. I'm trying to find the code for it to stop like twice the distance from before :xcahik_:

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
"Do not come between the Nazgûl and his mod!"
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> I S.E.E. YOU! <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#83 Bulletman

Bulletman
  • Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 31 March 2007 - 03:02 PM

Hehe nah it looks pretty good actually... well like before only bigger, but there is one problem. It stops a tad too late when attacking, so the nose goes a bit into the building before pulling back for the hit. I'm trying to find the code for it to stop like twice the distance from before :xcahik_:

wel i think u can use it if u let fall stone or something wen it smages on the building im mean a ram is ment to destroy, and it looks bether if it crashes true a building than wen it stops infront of it wel thats my opinion but, i think it wil be hard for gates because it wil go true those 2 in one smash.

but it looks great much bether as that small one with the little trols pushing it:p

Edited by Bulletman, 31 March 2007 - 03:04 PM.

#84 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  •  Veteran

Posted 31 March 2007 - 09:35 PM

You know... you don't have to quote if the answer you are posting is directly under the post you're going to answer? ;)

Rubble that fall from buildings will require modeling, and I'm not a modeler, only a coder and skinner. It DOES crash through my friend, beleive me... hehe. The trolls pull it back and releases the ram so it swings forth and destroys most things in one smash, except gates and fortresses, those require a few strikes :p What I meant was that I need to adjust it to stop earlier BEFORE it attacks with the ram. I don't know if you understand, but like if you're gonna crash a car into a brick wall for a movie, for instance. You would want the car to crash where the wall is and not 1 fot/meter behind it, right? ^_^

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg

#85 Bulletman

Bulletman
  • Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 31 March 2007 - 10:34 PM

:p ow lol i misunderstud u but now i get it, ;) yeh ur right i thought u ment the ram smashes to far forward

#86 Lauri

Lauri

Old man Lauri

• Hosted
  • 10,436 posts
  • Projects:The 4th Age
  •  The very worst T3A Team Chamber Member

Posted 31 March 2007 - 10:55 PM

just a note....

Rubble that fall from buildings will require modeling

that's bullshit, and you'd knew it :p

Body					= ActiveBody ModuleTag_05
MaxHealth			 = GONDOR_BARRACKS_HEALTH
MaxHealthDamaged	  = GONDOR_BARRACKS_HEALTH_DAMAGED
MaxHealthReallyDamaged  = GONDOR_BARRACKS_HEALTH_REALLY_DAMAGED
DamageCreationList = OCL_BuildingDamageList01 CATAPULT_ROCK

DamageCreationList = OCL_GBBarracksN2D2_Chunk1 CATAPULT_ROCK FRONT_DESTROYED
DamageCreationList = OCL_GBBarracksN2D2_Chunk2 CATAPULT_ROCK RIGHT_DESTROYED
DamageCreationList = OCL_GBBarracksN2D2_Chunk3 CATAPULT_ROCK BACK_DESTROYED
DamageCreationList = OCL_GBBarracksN2D2_Chunk4 CATAPULT_ROCK LEFT_DESTROYED
End
of course, if you mean like real rubble, it'd be modeling, though impossible still ;)

T4A_Logo_-_article.png

The 4th Age version 0.8 has been released: Link

#87 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  •  Veteran

Posted 01 April 2007 - 04:12 AM

;) Off course there's rubble, but I thought he ment rubble upon the grond touching the strucure before the attack... when it came too close... :p Well never mind, lol, it's fixed now. AttackRange was correct, so now it stops before it "drives" through the structure... :p

And here's what can happen now... hehe

"Say hellooo to my little friend!"
Posted Image

Aaaaaand.....
Posted Image

THERE you go...!!! ^_^
Posted Image
(That was after 3 strikes though... 5th brought it down completely :p

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg

#88 Sûlherokhh

Sûlherokhh

Sagacious Engineer

• Project Team
  • 3,754 posts
  • Projects:S.E.E., Sage A.I., Code Advisor
  •  'Axe'er of the Gordic Knot

Posted 01 April 2007 - 10:30 AM

That implement has finally gotten the right to really be called 'hammer of the underworld'! ;-)

bannerreal01mittelit3.jpg
Axed Head and A.I. Coder for S.E.E. and ... stuff

".. coding is basically boring. What's fun is finding out how things work, take them apart and then put them together in ways that were not intended nor even conceived."

#89 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  •  Veteran

Posted 01 April 2007 - 11:51 AM

Hell YEAH!!! lol
The first time I saw the Grond in this game I thought... is THAT the best they could do with that "skyskraper on wheels" from the movie??? But like many other things in this mod - it's now cured! :p

Notice that lone Gondor Tower Guard that's trying to poke something! LOL

ANd see the ground marking? Thats where units get squiched (spelling?). And that area should be wider... know how?

And next update: Orc Archers are visible while using the Siege Tower as a moving bunker :crazed:
Posted Image

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg

#90 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  •  Veteran

Posted 01 April 2007 - 01:37 PM

Next update... Recolored skins for Goblins. It's supposed to look like leater and then metal, instead of that "EA-Gold" they had for HA... :p Only Elves with have "golden" look now, like stated earlier in this thread :xd:

Goblin Swordsmen in leather plates...
Posted Image

And in metal plates...
Posted Image

Goblin Archers in leather...
Posted Image

And with metal...
Posted Image

Goblins will be the weakest units in the game for sure, but they will be many, cheap and fast to recruit (half the time from all others). So as they say themselves; "Let's SWARM them"... :crazed:

I'm currently also trying to reset Drogoth so he'll be recruitable on the same grounds as Gwaihir for Elves.. that is; only when the Nest is built :xd: And instead give Goblins three Fire Drakes recruitable as "heroes", like the good side have the Eagles, only three, since they're weaker, ground based and can't fly. Don't worry though, since Drogoth the dragon Lord, will slay an Eagle without too much hassle. Try the Fire Ball before you attack them in melee :grin:

Edited by Nazgûl, 01 April 2007 - 01:41 PM.

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg

#91 zimoo

zimoo

Ecthelion of the Fountain

• Project Team
  • 2,009 posts
  • Projects:Lurking until the off topic begins...
  •  Guardian of the Books

Posted 01 April 2007 - 03:40 PM

Nice, much better than EAs golden goblins.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Playing games? Ah, you'll never be a good modder if you get involved in actually playing them!

#92 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  •  Veteran

Posted 01 April 2007 - 04:48 PM

Thanks, I hope so :p

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg

#93 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  •  Veteran

Posted 02 April 2007 - 01:57 AM

YES!!! :p
FINALLY I solved the crush damage for the humongous Grond, and after like a day of experimenting and paytesting - this only... I got it to work precicely according to the model! Trees and units gets crushed exactly when the giant model collides with them, and units that stand only a few feet away, to the side of it, makes it. Just like it should be! It's great fun to just roll in over enemy troops now and see them squish like bugs! :p Grond is best attacked with siege units, ents, fire and magic, and heroes to some extent. Nothing else will damage it more than merely noticable. Reality rules! :p

Posted Image

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg

#94 Mordor Slayer

Mordor Slayer

SEE Marketing Manager

• Project Team
  • 1,424 posts

Posted 02 April 2007 - 08:16 AM

Nice updates! Now remove the green goblin banner glow, and it's perfect.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#95 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  •  Veteran

Posted 04 April 2007 - 01:10 AM

I'm not that fond of them either... but I still need them if I'm gonna keep the "spawn from the banner" behaviour - as an indication to something magical, I think :thumbsupsmiley:

Ithron might have a solution for the red glow though, I'm about to test it now :crazed:

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg

#96 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  •  Veteran

Posted 04 April 2007 - 03:35 AM

WOHOOO!!! I WAS RIGHT! ^_^ NO NEED FOR MODELING AT ALL! :thumbsupsmiley: :crazed: :lol: *lol*

Thanks to Ithronaiwendil, we FINALLY got rid of the "star wars" red glow for some FB's... It was not modeling, it was only a metter of adding a blue texture to Art with the name of the red one so it overrides the red graphically. Simple as that! THAAANK you Ithron!

Now, the blue isn't exactly the same as the others, it has a weak tone of turquoise, but who cares, IT'S NOT RED! :p

Posted Image

All credit to Ithronaiwendil for this one!

Edited by Nazgûl, 04 April 2007 - 03:39 AM.

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg

#97 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  •  Veteran

Posted 04 April 2007 - 04:39 AM

Aaand one more update.... the natural size for the Grond wasn't enough off course. The Ents needed the same modding... and here we are! Natural sized Ents! :thumbsupsmiley:

Posted Image

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg

#98 watsupcuz

watsupcuz
  • Members
  • 107 posts

Posted 04 April 2007 - 07:40 AM

woah, theyre are pretty big now, any chance of making the mountan giant bigger then or not.
Posted Image

#99 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  •  Veteran

Posted 04 April 2007 - 01:47 PM

Off course, I just don't have any reference on how big they should be? :s The trolls are about half the ents now, and the giants are about between them. Dunno if they should be bigger? Not bigger then the ents at least, that's for sure :thumbsupsmiley:

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg

#100 zimoo

zimoo

Ecthelion of the Fountain

• Project Team
  • 2,009 posts
  • Projects:Lurking until the off topic begins...
  •  Guardian of the Books

Posted 04 April 2007 - 02:11 PM

Well the giants in the books were supposedly the cause of the storms in the mountains, hurling rocks at each other. I'd say double their size personally
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Playing games? Ah, you'll never be a good modder if you get involved in actually playing them!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users