#1 FS-21

FS-21

Kane lives in death!

• Hosted
  • 531 posts
  • Projects:C&C:Reloaded
  •  Oldbie C&C gamer/modder :P

Posted 23 March 2007 - 07:06 PM

Now that with the RP version (RPCE to be exact :D ) of C&C:R isn't limited to the original game engine I'll re-enable by default the secondary Superweapons of RA2 sides when I finish the secondary SW of GDI & Nod (GDI will have the problem because we lost the Droppod SW :) and EMP SW cannon not have the "range limit" of Tiberian Sun)
I was playing a bit with unused YR code to emulate the Nod Cluster missile from Tiberian Sun (with the help of a Rockpatch super weapon) and only has 2 insignificant details that can't be emulated on Yuri's Revenge engine (terrain deformation & the initial damage when the cluster missile explodes into cluster bombs).

Until now Nod had a Super weapon called Tiberium Shower, a modified nuclear explosion that spawn big quantities of tiberium on the sky, damaging everything near of the Tiberium Shower (as additional feature, residual tiberium field can be harvested but my favorite feature is the "Kane's propaganda" voice :) ).

With the current values Nod can't have the old and the new super weapon, both SW together could destroy a ConYard, making Nod unbalanced ;).
I was thinking in few solutions:

A). Reducing (a lot) the initial explosion damage of the Tiberium Shower, leaving the sum of both SW damages in a 83% (aprox.) of the RA2 ConYard strength (due to the 3x3 size of the TS ConYards both damages will be reduced)…

B). Reducing (a lot) the initial explosion damage of the Tiberium Shower AND reducing a 50% the area of the initial explosion & Tiberium shower, leaving the sum of both SW damages in a 85% (aprox.) of the RA2 ConYard strength (due to the 3x3 size of the TS ConYards both damages will be reduced)…

C). Decreasing the initial explosion damage to only 45 hit points AND decrease damage area, damaging only infantry & vehicles, leaving the rest of damage (buildings included) to the Tiberium Shower. To addition, include genetic mutator code to mutate into visceroids if infantry can be killed in the initial explosion (injured infantry & civil people with 45 or less strength). I haven't tested if this last feature can be used with the "Fire SW" from the Rockpatch & if the mutated infantry is neutral or not ;)

D). Don't include an offensive SW like a Cluster missile & try with an "EMP missile" or something similar (post your idea about it), but this SW will be stored in the INI files to future uses.

E). Another different idea? I'm open to suggestions :)

My favorite point is the C but as I said I need to test if can be done the last feature.

Edited by FS-21, 23 March 2007 - 07:08 PM.

C&C:Reloaded -> 5 different armies: GDI, Nod, Allies, Soviets & Yuri... & converted TS Terrain!!

Discord ] ModDB ] YouTube Channel ] Telegram Channel ] [ Official Forums@Revora ]

#2 Guest_Dr. Leo_*

Guest_Dr. Leo_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 March 2007 - 09:30 PM

First of all, I think that the Tiberium Shower should keep its power so that it can compete with the other big superweapons.

Maybe instead of a cluster missile, could you use a chemical missile that would have an area of effect similar to the Chronosphere or Genetic Mutator. It could kill infantry only and not buildings.

This would give Nod a weapon that can destroy buildings and another that can destroy infantry, much like the other RA2 sides.

Speaking of the Tiberium Shower, will the AI target differently instead of the paradrop type? I'd love to see it specifically target buildings like it does with the Nuke Missile instead of using the paradrop targetting.

Silly ideas for GDI superweapon: Mutant Angry Mob (like GLA Riot), Beast Attack (calls Tiberium beasts to an area of commander's choosing), or vehicle jammer (modified EMP that stops vehicles only and not buildings).

#3 GodSun666

GodSun666

Marching Trough The Eternal Fields Of Chaos!

• Banned
  • 1,439 posts
  • Projects:Fast Fun And Crazy for Red Alert 3

Posted 24 March 2007 - 01:15 PM

i choose B... beacuse its really OVERpowered:P:P heheeheh

anyways.. for the gdi i was thinking of an IONstorm instead of the usual lighting storm...
i dont know the limits though... just a starter::D:p

but it would be awesome.. or if you can spawn several ion beams....

anyways g2g... sorry for my bad english btw:P
для матери Россия! Советский Союз победит! Америка может облизывать мои яйца
Posted Image
Posted Image

#4 Guest_guest_*

Guest_guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 March 2007 - 08:59 AM

i'de like to see the tiberium shower stay the same n maybe have the chem missile added for a secondary sw.

#5 Gosho

Gosho

Go for it!

• Members
  • 780 posts
  • Projects:C&C Mahaira
  •  Doing something hideous, disturbing, anti-social

Posted 31 March 2007 - 11:18 AM

Actually, the DropPods still work, they are just unsupported and have some minor bugs. You can still use them if you want.

I'd go for C.) Sounds the most tempting. And the mutated infantry are Player owned, because the FireSW is an owned SW.

#6 Allied General

Allied General

C&C Guild

• Hosted
  • 6,922 posts
  • Projects:AGSA
  •  Modder

Posted 31 March 2007 - 01:27 PM

Yeah they still work but does not have FS tags and only one type can be used currently (you also must have SMOKEY.shp present and coded in) but you can renable the [AudioVisual] tags which have been commented out.

Also the original ion cannon works but it currently shares the same ring impact anim as the dominator does.
With some warhead tweaking you can get the ion cannon to reduce a con yards strength to 3 bars (like original TS)
Posted Image

#7 C&CBoy

C&CBoy
  • Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 01 April 2007 - 10:08 PM

I would choose C. The mutated visceroid are funny.
FS-21 contact me when you need translation for the new SW icon.

#8 Guest_bobsam_*

Guest_bobsam_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 June 2007 - 01:51 AM

C&C Reloaded doesn't work with TFD.

#9 FS-21

FS-21

Kane lives in death!

• Hosted
  • 531 posts

Posted 27 June 2007 - 01:58 AM

My mod is compatible like the rest of mods :p

Exactly, can you tell me the steps of how do you run the mod? (where are you unzipping, what you do next...etc) ;)

Edited by FS-21, 27 June 2007 - 01:59 AM.

C&C:Reloaded -> 5 different armies: GDI, Nod, Allies, Soviets & Yuri... & converted TS Terrain!!

Discord ] ModDB ] YouTube Channel ] Telegram Channel ] [ Official Forums@Revora ]

#10 Guest_bobsam_*

Guest_bobsam_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 June 2007 - 02:14 AM

i use Win rar to extract the mod files.

#11 Guest_bobsam_*

Guest_bobsam_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 June 2007 - 02:25 AM

I extract it C:\Program Files\EA Games\Command & Conquer The First Decade\Command & Conquer Red Alert™ II\RA2. Then i start up the mod manager and it says something like error. So do you know what I did wrong

#12 Guest_bobsam_*

Guest_bobsam_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 June 2007 - 02:40 AM

The mod manager says it can't detect YR. ><
|
---

#13 FS-21

FS-21

Kane lives in death!

• Hosted
  • 531 posts

Posted 27 June 2007 - 10:57 AM

Files are directly into the RA2 folder or in a new sub-folder inside
C:\Program Files\EA Games\Command & Conquer The First Decade\Command & Conquer Red Alert™ II\RA2 ?
My mod manager check if those official RA2/YR files are into the same folder where is executed the mod manager (in that case will be moved all the C&C:R files into a RA2 subfolder, by default "reloaded") or 1 level up the folders tree (in the case of to be extracted in a RA2 subfolder):
RA2MD.exe, ra2md.mix, gamemd.exe and expandmd01.mix

TFD has expandmd01.mix and/or your game says that is the version 1.001 ? I haven't that C&C pack...

Edited by FS-21, 27 June 2007 - 11:02 AM.

#14 fsfssgffd

fsfssgffd
  • New Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 27 June 2007 - 12:34 PM

What is a sub folder.

#15 FS-21

FS-21

Kane lives in death!

• Hosted
  • 531 posts

Posted 27 June 2007 - 01:29 PM

If your RA2 folder is:
C:\Program Files\EA Games\Command & Conquer The First Decade\Command & Conquer Red Alert™ II\RA2
A RA2 subfolder is:
C:\Program Files\EA Games\Command & Conquer The First Decade\Command & Conquer Red Alert™ II\RA2\the_name_of_the_subfolder

(in other words, a folder inside another folder)

Edited by FS-21, 27 June 2007 - 01:31 PM.

#16 Guest_Guest_fsfssgffd_*_*

Guest_Guest_fsfssgffd_*_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 June 2007 - 01:48 PM

OH well oh yeah it me bobsam

#17 Guest_Guest_fsfssgffd_*_*

• Guests

Posted 27 June 2007 - 01:54 PM

That's what th mod manager says...

Not Detected Red Alert 2:Yuri's Revenge files... Aborting detection!

The next Red Alert 2:Yuri's Revenge files aren't found:
>>>> RA2MD.exe not exist on the next locations:
1º) C:\DOCUME~1\Owner\LOCALS~1\Temp\Rar$EX00.922\RA2MD.exe
... or in ...
2º) C:\DOCUME~1\Owner\LOCALS~1\Temp\RA2MD.exe
>>>> ra2md.mix not exist on the next locations:
1º) C:\DOCUME~1\Owner\LOCALS~1\Temp\Rar$EX00.922\ra2md.mix
... or in ...
2º) C:\DOCUME~1\Owner\LOCALS~1\Temp\ra2md.mix
>>>> gamemd.exe not exist on the next locations:
1º) C:\DOCUME~1\Owner\LOCALS~1\Temp\Rar$EX00.922\gamemd.exe
... or in ...
2º) C:\DOCUME~1\Owner\LOCALS~1\Temp\gamemd.exe
>>>> expandmd01.mix not exist on the next locations:
1º) C:\DOCUME~1\Owner\LOCALS~1\Temp\Rar$EX00.922\expandmd01.mix
... or in ...
2º) C:\DOCUME~1\Owner\LOCALS~1\Temp\expandmd01.mix

#18 Guest_Guest_fsfssgffd_*_*

• Guests

Posted 27 June 2007 - 02:02 PM

Stupid me i probably have to many sub folders lol =) (=

#19 FS-21

FS-21

Kane lives in death!

• Hosted
  • 531 posts

Posted 27 June 2007 - 02:48 PM

Sorry but a forum isn't a chat :xcahik_:
Please don't do multiple posts on the same topic... try to put all on the same or register to be able to edit your posts.

You have uncompresed the mod here:
C:\DOCUME~1\Owner\LOCALS~1\Temp\
not here:
C:\Program Files\EA Games\Command & Conquer The First Decade\Command & Conquer Red Alert™ II\RA2

C:\DOCUME~1\Owner\LOCALS~1\Temp\ is a temporal Windows folder :S

PD: I recommed you to unzip the mod in a RA2 subfolder instead of the same RA2 folder, if you unzipped the mod in the RA2, then update the mod manager... is to skip a step

Edited by FS-21, 27 June 2007 - 02:51 PM.

#20 Guest_Guest_fsfssgffd_*_*

• Guests

Posted 27 June 2007 - 02:55 PM

Sorry for posting a lot im done talking know. I'll tell u if i get it working by FS-21. Nice talking with u.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users