Location of User Created CAH heroes

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_NebulousQ_*

Guest_NebulousQ_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 March 2007 - 09:48 PM

I am making a new faction for my own use, basically the goblins with new heroes and the ability to recruit uruk hai fighters and pikemen. The heroes I want available for the new goblin faction are heroes I have created use the CAH. Instead of trying to figure out the code names of powers, models, animations, etc. I was hoping just to copy the CAH files for each of my heroes into unit configuration files. I know how to edit .big files and whatnot. I just don't know where user created CAH heroes and stored.

SHORT VERSION: Please tell me the BFME2 stores the user created CAH heroes.

#2 Guest_NebulousQ_*

Guest_NebulousQ_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 March 2007 - 10:03 PM

Ok I found where to find the files from this topic: http://forums.revora...topic=43626&hl=

Now I ask what type of file viewer do I need to view the files without the junk you get if you view them with notepad?

#3 Solinx

Solinx

• Undead
  • 3,101 posts
  • Projects:Real Life
  • Division:Revora
  • Job:Retired Leader / Manager

Posted 23 March 2007 - 10:09 PM

NebulousQ, these files are unusable to create a new hero from. There is no viewer.

If you want to convert a CaH to a normal hero, you will have to do that using the ini code. That's the only way...

Solinx
Posted Image

"An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made in a very narrow field." - Niels Bohr

#4 Sûlherokhh

Sûlherokhh

Sagacious Engineer

• Project Team
  • 3,754 posts
  • Projects:S.E.E., Sage A.I., Code Advisor
  •  'Axe'er of the Gordic Knot

Posted 23 March 2007 - 10:17 PM

The CaH basically has ALL CaH-powers. When designing a CaH, you basically tell the game that whenever you choose this particular CaH, the game ignores all abilities and other traits EXCEPT those you chose when designing it.

The traits of the CaH are all in the CaH-ini and -inc files.

bannerreal01mittelit3.jpg
Axed Head and A.I. Coder for S.E.E. and ... stuff

".. coding is basically boring. What's fun is finding out how things work, take them apart and then put them together in ways that were not intended nor even conceived."

#5 punisher60k

punisher60k
  • Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 24 March 2007 - 02:53 PM

so there is no way to make the cah model and skin be used as a new unit. It would be so much easier if you could since i'm hopeless at the whole skinning thing.

Though i've seen it mentioned that you can't use cah's ive read a few who said that you could :) using coding. Wouldn't you just make some referances to the skin and model that have been created? Not sure what the names would be though :p

EDIT: I found that robnkarla managed to do this for his mod so don't say you can't =). I'm gonna look how he did it later

Edited by punisher60k, 24 March 2007 - 03:03 PM.

#6 Lauri

Lauri

Old man Lauri

• Hosted
  • 10,436 posts
  • Projects:The 4th Age
  •  The very worst T3A Team Chamber Member

Posted 24 March 2007 - 03:05 PM

You can use the CaH model and Skin to make new heroes\units :)

it's just a waste of time :p

T4A_Logo_-_article.png

The 4th Age version 0.8 has been released: Link

#7 punisher60k

punisher60k
  • Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 24 March 2007 - 05:48 PM

You can use the CaH model and Skin to make new heroes\units :)

it's just a waste of time :)

:) no it's not :p especially if you can't model or skin

#8 Solinx

Solinx

• Undead
  • 3,101 posts

Posted 24 March 2007 - 06:10 PM

Certainly haven't got the time to relate to it all, but take a look at these files:

...\data\ini\object\createahero\createaheromodels.inc
...\data\ini\object\createahero\createaheromodelconditionupgrades.inc

...\data\ini\createaherosystemarcher.inc (And other class files)

If you know a bit about modding, that should get you started. All I can do now.

Solinx
Posted Image

"An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made in a very narrow field." - Niels Bohr

#9 Lauri

Lauri

Old man Lauri

• Hosted
  • 10,436 posts
  • Projects:The 4th Age
  •  The very worst T3A Team Chamber Member

Posted 24 March 2007 - 06:14 PM

true punisher...

thing is, you make a new hero, add the anims from one of the cah files, and the model of course, and then you have to hide all the subobjects for the model that you don't want to show :p ie, if you want the Rohirric man in the Man of the West, you have to hide the Gondor stuff... and you'd also have to change the skin :)

T4A_Logo_-_article.png

The 4th Age version 0.8 has been released: Link

#10 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 March 2007 - 06:53 PM

true punisher...

thing is, you make a new hero, add the anims from one of the cah files, and the model of course, and then you have to hide all the subobjects for the model that you don't want to show :) ie, if you want the Rohirric man in the Man of the West, you have to hide the Gondor stuff... and you'd also have to change the skin :)

sounds like hard work but i need someway of making new skins and models for my mods. Apart from using others (for my own use obviously :p )

#11 punisher60k

punisher60k
  • Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 24 March 2007 - 06:54 PM

sounds like hard work but i need someway of making new skins and models for my mods. Apart from using others (for my own use obviously :) )

that was me :p

#12 Guest_NebulousQ_*

Guest_NebulousQ_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 March 2007 - 11:08 PM

OK, well i gave up on trying to convert my CAH heroes to normal heroes. I am now trying to make a Uruk berserker hero, basically I took the animation code from the berserker config file and the hero code from the lurtz config file. I modified all these files for the hero:

from the ini.big file:
-> data\ini\
-> attributemodifier
-> commandbutton
-> commandset
-> experiencelevels
-> gamedata
-> playertemplate
-> specialpower
-> upgrade
-> data\ini\object\evilfaction\units\wild
-> brakka (the new hero im trying to make)
-> data\ini\campaigns\common
-> livingworldbuildableunits.inc
from the englishpatch105.big file:
-> lotr.str

So I boot up the game and try to enter the WOTR mode, I set sides and whatnot. But while the WOTR was loading it crashes to desktop. I dont know why.
This brings up my first question: How do you modify *.inc files with a text editor, hex editor, or what? I used a hex editor.

Then I boot up the game and try a skirmish mode. I check the fotress and there is my hero with the proper icon and text, woot! I save up enough resources to buy him and I do. After waiting for the build timer to wind down the doors of the fotress open up and then boom, crash to the desktop. My question is: why did it do this? Since I don't know where to start I shall post the hero code from the brakka file:

;------------------------------------------------------------------------------Object Brakka; *** ART Parameters ***; This is required for garrisoned objects - please put in all objects.	ButtonImage				= WOR_Berserker	SelectPortrait			= UPIsenguard_Beserker	DescriptionStrategic = CONTROLBAR:LW_ToolTip_IsengardBeserker	  	Draw = W3DScriptedModelDraw ModuleTag_01	  OkToChangeModelColor = Yes		  StaticModelLODMode = Yes					DefaultModelConditionState			Model = IUBerserkr_SKN			Skeleton = IUUrukahi_SKL		End		IdleAnimationState			Animation = IDLA				AnimationName = IUUrukahi_IDLA				AnimationMode = ONCE				AnimationBlendTime = 10			End			StateName = Idle			BeginScript				Prev = CurDrawablePrevAnimationState()				if Prev == "Jump"		then CurDrawableSetTransitionAnimState("Trans_Jump_To_Ready") return end				if Prev == "selected"	then CurDrawableSetTransitionAnimState("Trans_Selected_To_Idle") return end			EndScript		End				AnimationState		= THROWN_PROJECTILE			Animation		   = FLYA				AnimationName	 = IUUrukahi_FLYA				AnimationMode	 = LOOP			End		End				AnimationState						= PASSENGER FREEFALL			Animation						= FLLA				AnimationName				= IUUrukahi_FLLA				AnimationMode				= LOOP			End		End		AnimationState						= FREEFALL			Animation						= Falling				AnimationName				= IUUrukahi_FLYA				AnimationMode				= LOOP				AnimationBlendTime			= 10				AnimationSpeedFactorRange	= 0.5	0.5			End		End				AnimationState						= SPLATTED			Animation						= LNDA				AnimationName				= IUUrukahi_LNDA				AnimationMode				= ONCE			End		End	; -- Stunned Anims				AnimationState		= STUNNED_FLAILING			Animation		   = StunFlail				AnimationName	 = IUUrukahi_FLYA				AnimationMode	  = LOOP				AnimationSpeedFactorRange	= 0.4 0.6			End			Flags			   = RANDOMSTART		End	; -- Dying Anims				AnimationState			= DYING BURNINGDEATH			Animation				AnimationName	= IUUrukahi_DIEA				AnimationMode	= ONCE				AnimationBlendTime = 10			End			Animation				AnimationName	= IUUrukahi_DIEB				AnimationMode	= ONCE				AnimationBlendTime = 10			End			Animation				AnimationName	= IUUrukahi_DIEC				AnimationMode	= ONCE				AnimationBlendTime = 10			End			Animation				AnimationName	= IUUrukahi_DIEG				AnimationMode	= ONCE				AnimationBlendTime = 10			End		End		AnimationState = DYING SPLATTED			Animation = Dying				AnimationName = IUUrukahi_LNDA				AnimationMode = ONCE			End		End 		AnimationState = DYING			Animation = Dying				AnimationName = IUUrukahi_DIEA				AnimationMode = ONCE			End		End 				AnimationState		= STUNNED_STANDING_UP			Animation		   = GTPA				AnimationName	 = IUUrukahi_GTPA				AnimationMode	 = ONCE				AnimationSpeedFactorRange = 1.5 1.5			End		End				AnimationState		= STUNNED			Animation		   = LNDA				AnimationName	 = IUUrukahi_LNDA				AnimationMode	 = ONCE			End		End		AnimationState			= BURNINGDEATH			Animation				AnimationName	= IUUrukahi_MFDA				AnimationMode	= LOOP				Distance		= 50			End		End		AnimationState						= PARALYZED			Animation				AnimationName				= IUUrukahi_IDLA				AnimationMode				= LOOP			End		End	; Jumping off the siege ladder				AnimationState = UNPACKING			Animation = Unpacking_Passenger				AnimationName = IUBzrkLadr_PLTA				AnimationMode = ONCE			End			StateName = Jump		End			; -- ladder climbing animations		AnimationState = MOVING CLIMBING BACKING_UP WEAPONSET_TOGGLE_1			Animation = Climbing_Down				AnimationName = IUUrukahi_CLMA				AnimationMode = LOOP_BACKWARDS				AnimationSpeedFactorRange = 2.0 2.0			End			ParticleSysBone		   = FLAME01 OrcBerserkerFlare FollowBone:Yes			ParticleSysBone		   = FLAME01 OrcBerserkerSparks FollowBone:Yes			ParticleSysBone		   = FLAME01 OrcBerserkerSmoke FollowBone:Yes		End						AnimationState = MOVING CLIMBING BACKING_UP			Animation = Climbing_Down				AnimationName = IUUrukahi_CLMA				AnimationMode = LOOP_BACKWARDS				AnimationSpeedFactorRange = 2.0 2.0			End		End		AnimationState = MOVING WEAPONSET_TOGGLE_1 BACKING_UP			Animation = MovingTorch				AnimationName = IUUrukahi_BAKA; 				AnimationMode = LOOP			End			Flags = RANDOMSTART			ParticleSysBone = None InfantryDustTrails			ParticleSysBone		   = FLAME01 OrcBerserkerFlare FollowBone:Yes			ParticleSysBone		   = FLAME01 OrcBerserkerSparks FollowBone:Yes			ParticleSysBone		   = FLAME01 OrcBerserkerSmoke FollowBone:Yes		End		AnimationState = MOVING EMOTION_TERROR			Animation = TERRORIZED				AnimationName = IUUrukahi_RUNC			;AnimationMode = LOOP_BACKWARDS				AnimationMode = LOOP			End			Flags = RANDOMSTART			ParticleSysBone = None InfantryDustTrails		End								AnimationState = MOVING BACKING_UP			Animation = BackingUp				AnimationName = IUUrukahi_BAKA				AnimationMode = LOOP			End			Flags = RANDOMSTART		End		AnimationState = MOVING CLIMBING WEAPONSET_TOGGLE_1			Animation = Climbing_Up				AnimationName = IUUrukahi_CLMA				AnimationMode = LOOP				AnimationSpeedFactorRange = 2.0 2.0			End			ParticleSysBone		   = FLAME01 OrcBerserkerFlare FollowBone:Yes			ParticleSysBone		   = FLAME01 OrcBerserkerSparks FollowBone:Yes			ParticleSysBone		   = FLAME01 OrcBerserkerSmoke FollowBone:Yes		End		AnimationState = MOVING CLIMBING			Animation = Climbing_Up				AnimationName = IUUrukahi_CLMA				AnimationMode = LOOP				AnimationSpeedFactorRange = 2.0 2.0			End		End			; -- Moving on the siege ladder		AnimationState = TRANSPORT_MOVING PASSENGER WEAPONSET_TOGGLE_1			Animation = Moving				AnimationName = IUBzrkLadr_RUNA				AnimationMode = LOOP			End			ParticleSysBone		   = FLAME01 OrcBerserkerFlare FollowBone:Yes			ParticleSysBone		   = FLAME01 OrcBerserkerSparks FollowBone:Yes			ParticleSysBone		   = FLAME01 OrcBerserkerSmoke FollowBone:Yes			Flags = RANDOMSTART			ParticleSysBone = None InfantryDustTrails		End				AnimationState = TRANSPORT_MOVING PASSENGER			Animation = Moving				AnimationName = IUBzrkLadr_RUNA				AnimationMode = LOOP			End			Flags = RANDOMSTART			ParticleSysBone = None InfantryDustTrails		End	; -- Passenger on siege ladder		AnimationState = PASSENGER WEAPONSET_TOGGLE_1			Animation = IdlePassenger				AnimationName = IUBzrkLadr_IDLA				AnimationMode = LOOP			End			ParticleSysBone		   = FLAME01 OrcBerserkerFlare FollowBone:Yes			ParticleSysBone		   = FLAME01 OrcBerserkerSparks FollowBone:Yes			ParticleSysBone		   = FLAME01 OrcBerserkerSmoke FollowBone:Yes			Flags = RANDOMSTART			BeginScript				Prev = CurDrawablePrevAnimationState()				if Prev == "Idle"	then CurDrawableSetTransitionAnimState("TRANS_Torch_Passenger") return end				if Prev == "selected" then CurDrawableSetTransitionAnimState("TRANS_Torch_Passenger") return end				if Prev == "selected_torch" then CurDrawableSetTransitionAnimState("TRANS_Torch_Passenger") return end				if Prev == "Emotion" then CurDrawableSetTransitionAnimState("TRANS_Torch_Passenger") return end				if Prev == "Moving" then CurDrawableSetTransitionAnimState("TRANS_Torch_Passenger") return end				if Prev == "MovingTorch" then CurDrawableSetTransitionAnimState("TRANS_Torch_Passenger") return end				if Prev == "nonTorchState" then CurDrawableSetTransitionAnimState("TRANS_Torch_Passenger") return end			EndScript		End		AnimationState = PASSENGER			Animation = IdlePassenger				AnimationName = IUBzrkLadr_IDLA				AnimationMode = LOOP			End			BeginScript				Prev = CurDrawablePrevAnimationState()				if Prev == "Idle"	then CurDrawableSetTransitionAnimState("TRANS_To_Passenger") return end				if Prev == "selected" then CurDrawableSetTransitionAnimState("TRANS_To_Passenger") return end				if Prev == "Emotion" then CurDrawableSetTransitionAnimState("TRANS_To_Passenger") return end				if Prev == "Moving" then CurDrawableSetTransitionAnimState("TRANS_To_Passenger") return end				if Prev == "MovingTorch" then CurDrawableSetTransitionAnimState("TRANS_To_Passenger") return end				if Prev == "nonTorchState" then CurDrawableSetTransitionAnimState("TRANS_To_Passenger") return end			EndScript		End			; -- Attacking Animations		AnimationState		= MOVING FIRING_OR_PREATTACK_A			ShareAnimation		= Yes			Animation		   = RunAndFire				AnimationName	   = IUUrukAhi_ATRA				AnimationMode	   = LOOP			End			Flags			   = RANDOMSTART  		End			; Moving with torch		AnimationState = MOVING WEAPONSET_TOGGLE_1 REALLYDAMAGED			StateName	= Moving			Animation = MovingTorch				AnimationName = IUBzrkr_RUNB; 				AnimationMode = LOOP				AnimationSpeedFactorRange = 1.5 1.5			End			Flags = RANDOMSTART			ParticleSysBone = None InfantryDustTrails			ParticleSysBone		   = FLAME01 OrcBerserkerFlare FollowBone:Yes			ParticleSysBone		   = FLAME01 OrcBerserkerSparks FollowBone:Yes			ParticleSysBone		   = FLAME01 OrcBerserkerSmoke FollowBone:Yes			BeginScript				Prev = CurDrawablePrevAnimationState()				if Prev == "Jump"	then CurDrawableSetTransitionAnimState("Trans_Jump_To_Ready") return end			EndScript		End		AnimationState = MOVING REALLYDAMAGED			StateName	= Moving			Animation = Moving				AnimationName = IUUrukahi_RUNA;IUBzrkr_RUNB; 				AnimationMode = LOOP				AnimationSpeedFactorRange = 1.5 1.5			End			Flags = RANDOMSTART			ParticleSysBone = None InfantryDustTrails			BeginScript				Prev = CurDrawablePrevAnimationState()				if Prev == "Jump"	then CurDrawableSetTransitionAnimState("Trans_Jump_To_Ready") return end			EndScript		End		AnimationState = MOVING WEAPONSET_TOGGLE_1 DAMAGED			StateName	= Moving			Animation = MovingTorch				AnimationName = IUBzrkr_RUNB; 				AnimationMode = LOOP				AnimationSpeedFactorRange = 1.1 1.1			End			Flags = RANDOMSTART			ParticleSysBone = None InfantryDustTrails			ParticleSysBone		   = FLAME01 OrcBerserkerFlare FollowBone:Yes			ParticleSysBone		   = FLAME01 OrcBerserkerSparks FollowBone:Yes			ParticleSysBone		   = FLAME01 OrcBerserkerSmoke FollowBone:Yes			BeginScript				Prev = CurDrawablePrevAnimationState()				if Prev == "Jump"	then CurDrawableSetTransitionAnimState("Trans_Jump_To_Ready") return end			EndScript		End		AnimationState = MOVING DAMAGED			StateName	= Moving			Animation = Moving				AnimationName = IUUrukahi_RUNA;IUBzrkr_RUNB; 				AnimationMode = LOOP				AnimationSpeedFactorRange = 1.1 1.1			End			Flags = RANDOMSTART			ParticleSysBone = None InfantryDustTrails			BeginScript				Prev = CurDrawablePrevAnimationState()				if Prev == "Jump"	then CurDrawableSetTransitionAnimState("Trans_Jump_To_Ready") return end			EndScript		End		AnimationState = MOVING WEAPONSET_TOGGLE_1			StateName	= Moving			Animation = MovingTorch				AnimationName = IUBzrkr_RUNB				AnimationMode = LOOP			End			Flags = RANDOMSTART			ParticleSysBone = None InfantryDustTrails			ParticleSysBone		   = FLAME01 OrcBerserkerFlare FollowBone:Yes			ParticleSysBone		   = FLAME01 OrcBerserkerSparks FollowBone:Yes			ParticleSysBone		   = FLAME01 OrcBerserkerSmoke FollowBone:Yes			BeginScript				Prev = CurDrawablePrevAnimationState()				if Prev == "Jump"	then CurDrawableSetTransitionAnimState("Trans_Jump_To_Ready") return end			EndScript		End		AnimationState = MOVING			StateName	= Moving			Animation = Moving				AnimationName = IUUrukahi_RUNA;IUBzrkr_RUNB; 				AnimationMode = LOOP			End			Flags = RANDOMSTART			ParticleSysBone = None InfantryDustTrails			BeginScript				Prev = CurDrawablePrevAnimationState()				if Prev == "Jump"	then CurDrawableSetTransitionAnimState("Trans_Jump_To_Ready") return end			EndScript		End	; -- Toggling the torch on				AnimationState = WEAPON_TOGGLING			Animation			= Salute				AnimationName	= IUBZRKR_LITA				AnimationMode	= ONCE			End			ParticleSysBone		   = FLAME01 OrcBerserkerFlare99 FollowBone:Yes			ParticleSysBone		   = FLAME01 OrcBerserkerSparks99 FollowBone:Yes			ParticleSysBone		   = FLAME01 OrcBerserkerSmoke99 FollowBone:Yes		End				AnimationState = FIRING_OR_PREATTACK_A WEAPONSET_TOGGLE_1			StateName	= Attacking 			Animation = ATKA				AnimationName = IUUrukAhi_ATKC				AnimationMode = ONCE				UseWeaponTiming	= Yes			End			ParticleSysBone		   = FLAME01 OrcBerserkerFlare FollowBone:Yes			ParticleSysBone		   = FLAME01 OrcBerserkerSparks FollowBone:Yes			ParticleSysBone		   = FLAME01 OrcBerserkerSmoke FollowBone:Yes		End				AnimationState = FIRING_OR_PREATTACK_b WEAPONSET_TOGGLE_1			StateName	= Attacking 			Animation = ATKA				AnimationName = IUBzrkr_LITB				AnimationMode = ONCE				UseWeaponTiming	= Yes			End			ParticleSysBone		   = FLAME01 OrcBerserkerFlare FollowBone:Yes			ParticleSysBone		   = FLAME01 OrcBerserkerSparks FollowBone:Yes			ParticleSysBone		   = FLAME01 OrcBerserkerSmoke FollowBone:Yes		End				AnimationState = FIRING_OR_PREATTACK_A			StateName = nonTorchState 			Animation = ATKA				AnimationName = IUUrukAhi_ATKC				AnimationMode = ONCE				UseWeaponTiming	= Yes			End		End					TransitionState = Trans_Jump_To_Ready			Animation = Transition				AnimationName = IUBzrkLadr_PLTB				AnimationMode = ONCE				AnimationBlendTime = 0			End		End		TransitionState = TRANS_Torch_Passenger			Animation = Transition_to_passenger_with_torch				AnimationName = IUBzrkLadr_CLMB				AnimationMode = ONCE				AnimationBlendTime = 0			End			ParticleSysBone		   = FLAME01 OrcBerserkerFlare FollowBone:Yes		   	ParticleSysBone		   = FLAME01 OrcBerserkerSparks FollowBone:Yes			ParticleSysBone		   = FLAME01 OrcBerserkerSmoke FollowBone:Yes		End		TransitionState = TRANS_To_Passenger			Animation = Transition_to_passenger				AnimationName = IUBzrkLadr_CLMB				AnimationMode = ONCE				AnimationBlendTime = 0			End		End		AnimationState = WEAPONSET_TOGGLE_1			StateName	= selected_torch 			Animation = Selected(ATNA)				AnimationName	= IUUrukahi_IDLA				AnimationMode	= LOOP			End			ParticleSysBone		   = FLAME01 OrcBerserkerFlare FollowBone:Yes			ParticleSysBone		   = FLAME01 OrcBerserkerSparks FollowBone:Yes			ParticleSysBone		   = FLAME01 OrcBerserkerSmoke FollowBone:Yes					End		AnimationState							= RAISING_FLAG			StateName = Emotion			Animation						   = CHRA				AnimationName					= IUUrukahi_CHRA				AnimationMode					= ONCE				AnimationSpeedFactorRange		= 0.9 1.1			End			Animation						   = CHRB				AnimationName					= IUUrukahi_CHRB				AnimationMode					= ONCE				AnimationSpeedFactorRange		= 0.9 1.1			End			Flags								= RESTART_ANIM_WHEN_COMPLETE		End	; This Selected is important, so make it go higher than emotions		AnimationState = SELECTED			StateName	= selected			Flags		= RESTART_ANIM_WHEN_COMPLETE RANDOMSTART 			Animation = Selected(ATNA)				AnimationName	= IUUrukahi_ATNB				AnimationMode	= LOOP			End			BeginScript				Prev = CurDrawablePrevAnimationState()				if Prev == "Idle"	then CurDrawableSetTransitionAnimState("TRANS_Idle_to_Selected") return end			EndScript		End							;-emotions--			; Should be before selected (if uncontrollable..)	  		AnimationState							= EMOTION_AFRAID			StateName = Emotion			Animation							= FERA				AnimationName					= IUUrukahi_FERA				AnimationMode					= LOOP			End			Flags = RANDOMSTART		End				AnimationState							= EMOTION_TAUNTING			StateName = Emotion			Animation							= TNTA				AnimationName					= IUUrukahi_TNTA				AnimationMode					= LOOP			End		End		AnimationState							= EMOTION_POINTING			StateName = Emotion			Animation							= Pointing1				AnimationName					= IUUrukahi_PNTA				AnimationMode					= LOOP			End		End		AnimationState							= EMOTION_CELEBRATING			StateName = Emotion			Animation						   = CHRA			 &nbs
Solinx: Changed tags to codebox

#13 Guest_NebulousQ_*

Guest_NebulousQ_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 March 2007 - 11:11 PM

Ok, wow. How do I present my code in a more compact, readable form?

I thought the code tags only showed a part of the code and made the rest available thru scrolling.

#14 Sûlherokhh

Sûlherokhh

Sagacious Engineer

• Project Team
  • 3,754 posts

Posted 24 March 2007 - 11:13 PM

you'll have to use the 'codebox' command, instead of 'code'

Edit:

And if you register, you'll have the option of editing your post, just like i did, lol.

Edited by Sulherokhh, 24 March 2007 - 11:14 PM.

".. coding is basically boring. What's fun is finding out how things work, take them apart and then put them together in ways that were not intended nor even conceived."

#15 NebulousQ

NebulousQ
  • Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 24 March 2007 - 11:18 PM

OK, well i gave up on trying to convert my CAH heroes to normal heroes. I am now trying to make a Uruk berserker hero, basically I took the animation code from the berserker config file and the hero code from the lurtz config file. I modified all these files for the hero:

from the ini.big file:
-> data\ini\
-> attributemodifier
-> commandbutton
-> commandset
-> experiencelevels
-> gamedata
-> playertemplate
-> specialpower
-> upgrade
-> data\ini\object\evilfaction\units\wild
-> brakka (the new hero im trying to make)
-> data\ini\campaigns\common
-> livingworldbuildableunits.inc
from the englishpatch105.big file:
-> lotr.str

So I boot up the game and try to enter the WOTR mode, I set sides and whatnot. But while the WOTR was loading it crashes to desktop. I dont know why.
This brings up my first question: How do you modify *.inc files with a text editor, hex editor, or what? I used a hex editor.

Then I boot up the game and try a skirmish mode. I check the fotress and there is my hero with the proper icon and text, woot! I save up enough resources to buy him and I do. After waiting for the build timer to wind down the doors of the fotress open up and then boom, crash to the desktop. My question is: why did it do this? Since I don't know where to start I shall post the hero code from the brakka file:

;------------------------------------------------------------------------------Object Brakka	; *** ART Parameters ***	; This is required for garrisoned objects - please put in all objects.	ButtonImage				= WOR_Berserker	SelectPortrait			= UPIsenguard_Beserker	DescriptionStrategic = CONTROLBAR:LW_ToolTip_IsengardBeserker	  	Draw = W3DScriptedModelDraw ModuleTag_01	  OkToChangeModelColor = Yes	  	StaticModelLODMode = Yes					DefaultModelConditionState			Model = IUBerserkr_SKN			Skeleton = IUUrukahi_SKL		End		IdleAnimationState			Animation = IDLA				AnimationName = IUUrukahi_IDLA				AnimationMode = ONCE				AnimationBlendTime = 10			End			StateName = Idle			BeginScript				Prev = CurDrawablePrevAnimationState()				if Prev == "Jump"		then CurDrawableSetTransitionAnimState("Trans_Jump_To_Ready") return end				if Prev == "selected"	then CurDrawableSetTransitionAnimState("Trans_Selected_To_Idle") return end			EndScript		End				AnimationState        = THROWN_PROJECTILE			Animation           = FLYA				AnimationName     = IUUrukahi_FLYA				AnimationMode     = LOOP			End		End				AnimationState						= PASSENGER FREEFALL			Animation						= FLLA				AnimationName				= IUUrukahi_FLLA				AnimationMode				= LOOP			End		End		AnimationState						= FREEFALL			Animation						= Falling				AnimationName				= IUUrukahi_FLYA				AnimationMode				= LOOP				AnimationBlendTime			= 10				AnimationSpeedFactorRange	= 0.5	0.5			End		End				AnimationState						= SPLATTED			Animation						= LNDA				AnimationName				= IUUrukahi_LNDA				AnimationMode				= ONCE			End		End		; -- Stunned Anims				AnimationState        = STUNNED_FLAILING			Animation           = StunFlail				AnimationName     = IUUrukahi_FLYA				AnimationMode      = LOOP				AnimationSpeedFactorRange	= 0.4 0.6			End			Flags               = RANDOMSTART		End		; -- Dying Anims				AnimationState			= DYING BURNINGDEATH			Animation				AnimationName	= IUUrukahi_DIEA				AnimationMode	= ONCE				AnimationBlendTime = 10			End			Animation				AnimationName	= IUUrukahi_DIEB				AnimationMode	= ONCE				AnimationBlendTime = 10			End			Animation				AnimationName	= IUUrukahi_DIEC				AnimationMode	= ONCE				AnimationBlendTime = 10			End			Animation				AnimationName	= IUUrukahi_DIEG				AnimationMode	= ONCE				AnimationBlendTime = 10			End		End		AnimationState = DYING SPLATTED			Animation = Dying				AnimationName = IUUrukahi_LNDA				AnimationMode = ONCE			End		End 		AnimationState = DYING			Animation = Dying				AnimationName = IUUrukahi_DIEA				AnimationMode = ONCE			End		End 				AnimationState        = STUNNED_STANDING_UP			Animation           = GTPA				AnimationName     = IUUrukahi_GTPA				AnimationMode     = ONCE				AnimationSpeedFactorRange = 1.5 1.5			End		End				AnimationState        = STUNNED			Animation           = LNDA				AnimationName     = IUUrukahi_LNDA				AnimationMode     = ONCE			End		End		AnimationState			= BURNINGDEATH			Animation				AnimationName	= IUUrukahi_MFDA				AnimationMode	= LOOP				Distance		= 50			End		End		AnimationState						= PARALYZED			Animation				AnimationName				= IUUrukahi_IDLA				AnimationMode				= LOOP			End		End		; Jumping off the siege ladder	    		AnimationState = UNPACKING			Animation = Unpacking_Passenger				AnimationName = IUBzrkLadr_PLTA				AnimationMode = ONCE			End			StateName = Jump		End				; -- ladder climbing animations		AnimationState = MOVING CLIMBING BACKING_UP WEAPONSET_TOGGLE_1			Animation = Climbing_Down				AnimationName = IUUrukahi_CLMA				AnimationMode = LOOP_BACKWARDS				AnimationSpeedFactorRange = 2.0 2.0			End			ParticleSysBone           = FLAME01 OrcBerserkerFlare FollowBone:Yes            ParticleSysBone           = FLAME01 OrcBerserkerSparks FollowBone:Yes			ParticleSysBone           = FLAME01 OrcBerserkerSmoke FollowBone:Yes		End						AnimationState = MOVING CLIMBING BACKING_UP			Animation = Climbing_Down				AnimationName = IUUrukahi_CLMA				AnimationMode = LOOP_BACKWARDS				AnimationSpeedFactorRange = 2.0 2.0			End		End		AnimationState = MOVING WEAPONSET_TOGGLE_1 BACKING_UP			Animation = MovingTorch				AnimationName = IUUrukahi_BAKA; 				AnimationMode = LOOP			End			Flags = RANDOMSTART			ParticleSysBone = None InfantryDustTrails			ParticleSysBone           = FLAME01 OrcBerserkerFlare FollowBone:Yes            ParticleSysBone           = FLAME01 OrcBerserkerSparks FollowBone:Yes			ParticleSysBone           = FLAME01 OrcBerserkerSmoke FollowBone:Yes		End		AnimationState = MOVING EMOTION_TERROR			Animation = TERRORIZED				AnimationName = IUUrukahi_RUNC				;AnimationMode = LOOP_BACKWARDS				AnimationMode = LOOP			End			Flags = RANDOMSTART			ParticleSysBone = None InfantryDustTrails		End					    		AnimationState = MOVING BACKING_UP			Animation = BackingUp				AnimationName = IUUrukahi_BAKA				AnimationMode = LOOP			End			Flags = RANDOMSTART		End		AnimationState = MOVING CLIMBING WEAPONSET_TOGGLE_1			Animation = Climbing_Up				AnimationName = IUUrukahi_CLMA				AnimationMode = LOOP				AnimationSpeedFactorRange = 2.0 2.0			End			ParticleSysBone           = FLAME01 OrcBerserkerFlare FollowBone:Yes            ParticleSysBone           = FLAME01 OrcBerserkerSparks FollowBone:Yes			ParticleSysBone           = FLAME01 OrcBerserkerSmoke FollowBone:Yes		End		AnimationState = MOVING CLIMBING			Animation = Climbing_Up				AnimationName = IUUrukahi_CLMA				AnimationMode = LOOP				AnimationSpeedFactorRange = 2.0 2.0			End		End				; -- Moving on the siege ladder		AnimationState = TRANSPORT_MOVING PASSENGER WEAPONSET_TOGGLE_1			Animation = Moving				AnimationName = IUBzrkLadr_RUNA				AnimationMode = LOOP			End			ParticleSysBone           = FLAME01 OrcBerserkerFlare FollowBone:Yes            ParticleSysBone           = FLAME01 OrcBerserkerSparks FollowBone:Yes			ParticleSysBone           = FLAME01 OrcBerserkerSmoke FollowBone:Yes			Flags = RANDOMSTART			ParticleSysBone = None InfantryDustTrails		End				AnimationState = TRANSPORT_MOVING PASSENGER			Animation = Moving				AnimationName = IUBzrkLadr_RUNA				AnimationMode = LOOP			End			Flags = RANDOMSTART			ParticleSysBone = None InfantryDustTrails		End		; -- Passenger on siege ladder		AnimationState = PASSENGER WEAPONSET_TOGGLE_1			Animation = IdlePassenger				AnimationName = IUBzrkLadr_IDLA				AnimationMode = LOOP			End			ParticleSysBone           = FLAME01 OrcBerserkerFlare FollowBone:Yes            ParticleSysBone           = FLAME01 OrcBerserkerSparks FollowBone:Yes			ParticleSysBone           = FLAME01 OrcBerserkerSmoke FollowBone:Yes			Flags = RANDOMSTART			BeginScript				Prev = CurDrawablePrevAnimationState()				if Prev == "Idle"	then CurDrawableSetTransitionAnimState("TRANS_Torch_Passenger") return end				if Prev == "selected" then CurDrawableSetTransitionAnimState("TRANS_Torch_Passenger") return end				if Prev == "selected_torch" then CurDrawableSetTransitionAnimState("TRANS_Torch_Passenger") return end				if Prev == "Emotion" then CurDrawableSetTransitionAnimState("TRANS_Torch_Passenger") return end				if Prev == "Moving" then CurDrawableSetTransitionAnimState("TRANS_Torch_Passenger") return end				if Prev == "MovingTorch" then CurDrawableSetTransitionAnimState("TRANS_Torch_Passenger") return end				if Prev == "nonTorchState" then CurDrawableSetTransitionAnimState("TRANS_Torch_Passenger") return end			EndScript		End		AnimationState = PASSENGER			Animation = IdlePassenger				AnimationName = IUBzrkLadr_IDLA				AnimationMode = LOOP			End			BeginScript				Prev = CurDrawablePrevAnimationState()				if Prev == "Idle"	then CurDrawableSetTransitionAnimState("TRANS_To_Passenger") return end				if Prev == "selected" then CurDrawableSetTransitionAnimState("TRANS_To_Passenger") return end				if Prev == "Emotion" then CurDrawableSetTransitionAnimState("TRANS_To_Passenger") return end				if Prev == "Moving" then CurDrawableSetTransitionAnimState("TRANS_To_Passenger") return end				if Prev == "MovingTorch" then CurDrawableSetTransitionAnimState("TRANS_To_Passenger") return end				if Prev == "nonTorchState" then CurDrawableSetTransitionAnimState("TRANS_To_Passenger") return end			EndScript		End				; -- Attacking Animations		AnimationState        = MOVING FIRING_OR_PREATTACK_A			ShareAnimation		= Yes			Animation           = RunAndFire				AnimationName       = IUUrukAhi_ATRA				AnimationMode       = LOOP			End			Flags               = RANDOMSTART  		End				; Moving with torch		AnimationState = MOVING WEAPONSET_TOGGLE_1 REALLYDAMAGED			StateName	= Moving			Animation = MovingTorch				AnimationName = IUBzrkr_RUNB; 				AnimationMode = LOOP				AnimationSpeedFactorRange = 1.5 1.5			End			Flags = RANDOMSTART			ParticleSysBone = None InfantryDustTrails			ParticleSysBone           = FLAME01 OrcBerserkerFlare FollowBone:Yes            ParticleSysBone           = FLAME01 OrcBerserkerSparks FollowBone:Yes			ParticleSysBone           = FLAME01 OrcBerserkerSmoke FollowBone:Yes			BeginScript				Prev = CurDrawablePrevAnimationState()				if Prev == "Jump"	then CurDrawableSetTransitionAnimState("Trans_Jump_To_Ready") return end			EndScript		End		AnimationState = MOVING REALLYDAMAGED			StateName	= Moving			Animation = Moving				AnimationName = IUUrukahi_RUNA ;IUBzrkr_RUNB; 				AnimationMode = LOOP				AnimationSpeedFactorRange = 1.5 1.5			End			Flags = RANDOMSTART			ParticleSysBone = None InfantryDustTrails			BeginScript				Prev = CurDrawablePrevAnimationState()				if Prev == "Jump"	then CurDrawableSetTransitionAnimState("Trans_Jump_To_Ready") return end			EndScript		End		AnimationState = MOVING WEAPONSET_TOGGLE_1 DAMAGED			StateName	= Moving			Animation = MovingTorch				AnimationName = IUBzrkr_RUNB; 				AnimationMode = LOOP				AnimationSpeedFactorRange = 1.1 1.1			End			Flags = RANDOMSTART			ParticleSysBone = None InfantryDustTrails			ParticleSysBone           = FLAME01 OrcBerserkerFlare FollowBone:Yes            ParticleSysBone           = FLAME01 OrcBerserkerSparks FollowBone:Yes			ParticleSysBone           = FLAME01 OrcBerserkerSmoke FollowBone:Yes			BeginScript				Prev = CurDrawablePrevAnimationState()				if Prev == "Jump"	then CurDrawableSetTransitionAnimState("Trans_Jump_To_Ready") return end			EndScript		End		AnimationState = MOVING DAMAGED			StateName	= Moving			Animation = Moving				AnimationName = IUUrukahi_RUNA ;IUBzrkr_RUNB; 				AnimationMode = LOOP				AnimationSpeedFactorRange = 1.1 1.1			End			Flags = RANDOMSTART			ParticleSysBone = None InfantryDustTrails			BeginScript				Prev = CurDrawablePrevAnimationState()				if Prev == "Jump"	then CurDrawableSetTransitionAnimState("Trans_Jump_To_Ready") return end			EndScript		End		AnimationState = MOVING WEAPONSET_TOGGLE_1			StateName	= Moving			Animation = MovingTorch				AnimationName = IUBzrkr_RUNB				AnimationMode = LOOP			End			Flags = RANDOMSTART			ParticleSysBone = None InfantryDustTrails			ParticleSysBone           = FLAME01 OrcBerserkerFlare FollowBone:Yes        	ParticleSysBone           = FLAME01 OrcBerserkerSparks FollowBone:Yes			ParticleSysBone           = FLAME01 OrcBerserkerSmoke FollowBone:Yes			BeginScript				Prev = CurDrawablePrevAnimationState()				if Prev == "Jump"	then CurDrawableSetTransitionAnimState("Trans_Jump_To_Ready") return end			EndScript		End		AnimationState = MOVING			StateName	= Moving			Animation = Moving				AnimationName = IUUrukahi_RUNA ;IUBzrkr_RUNB; 				AnimationMode = LOOP			End			Flags = RANDOMSTART			ParticleSysBone = None InfantryDustTrails			BeginScript				Prev = CurDrawablePrevAnimationState()				if Prev == "Jump"	then CurDrawableSetTransitionAnimState("Trans_Jump_To_Ready") return end			EndScript		End		; -- Toggling the torch on				AnimationState = WEAPON_TOGGLING			Animation			= Salute				AnimationName	= IUBZRKR_LITA				AnimationMode	= ONCE			End			ParticleSysBone           = FLAME01 OrcBerserkerFlare99 FollowBone:Yes			ParticleSysBone           = FLAME01 OrcBerserkerSparks99 FollowBone:Yes			ParticleSysBone           = FLAME01 OrcBerserkerSmoke99 FollowBone:Yes		End				AnimationState = FIRING_OR_PREATTACK_A WEAPONSET_TOGGLE_1			StateName	= Attacking 			Animation = ATKA				AnimationName = IUUrukAhi_ATKC				AnimationMode = ONCE				UseWeaponTiming	= Yes			End			ParticleSysBone           = FLAME01 OrcBerserkerFlare FollowBone:Yes            ParticleSysBone           = FLAME01 OrcBerserkerSparks FollowBone:Yes			ParticleSysBone           = FLAME01 OrcBerserkerSmoke FollowBone:Yes		End				AnimationState = FIRING_OR_PREATTACK_b WEAPONSET_TOGGLE_1			StateName	= Attacking 			Animation = ATKA				AnimationName = IUBzrkr_LITB				AnimationMode = ONCE				UseWeaponTiming	= Yes			End			ParticleSysBone           = FLAME01 OrcBerserkerFlare FollowBone:Yes            ParticleSysBone           = FLAME01 OrcBerserkerSparks FollowBone:Yes			ParticleSysBone           = FLAME01 OrcBerserkerSmoke FollowBone:Yes		End				AnimationState = FIRING_OR_PREATTACK_A			StateName = nonTorchState 			Animation = ATKA				AnimationName = IUUrukAhi_ATKC				AnimationMode = ONCE				UseWeaponTiming	= Yes			End		End					TransitionState = Trans_Jump_To_Ready			Animation = Transition				AnimationName = IUBzrkLadr_PLTB				AnimationMode = ONCE				AnimationBlendTime = 0			End		End		TransitionState = TRANS_Torch_Passenger			Animation = Transition_to_passenger_with_torch				AnimationName = IUBzrkLadr_CLMB				AnimationMode = ONCE				AnimationBlendTime = 0			End			ParticleSysBone           = FLAME01 OrcBerserkerFlare FollowBone:Yes           	ParticleSysBone           = FLAME01 OrcBerserkerSparks FollowBone:Yes			ParticleSysBone           = FLAME01 OrcBerserkerSmoke FollowBone:Yes		End		TransitionState = TRANS_To_Passenger			Animation = Transition_to_passenger				AnimationName = IUBzrkLadr_CLMB				AnimationMode = ONCE				AnimationBlendTime = 0			End		End	    AnimationState = WEAPONSET_TOGGLE_1			StateName	= selected_torch 			Animation = Selected(ATNA)				AnimationName	= IUUrukahi_IDLA				AnimationMode	= LOOP			End			ParticleSysBone           = FLAME01 OrcBerserkerFlare FollowBone:Yes			ParticleSysBone           = FLAME01 OrcBerserkerSparks FollowBone:Yes			ParticleSysBone           = FLAME01 OrcBerserkerSmoke FollowBone:Yes					End		AnimationState							= RAISING_FLAG			StateName = Emotion			Animation                           = CHRA				AnimationName					= IUUrukahi_CHRA				AnimationMode					= ONCE				AnimationSpeedFactorRange		= 0.9 1.1			End			Animation                           = CHRB				AnimationName					= IUUrukahi_CHRB				AnimationMode					= ONCE				AnimationSpeedFactorRange		= 0.9 1.1			End			Flags								= RESTART_ANIM_WHEN_COMPLETE		End		; This Selected is important, so make it go higher than emotions		AnimationState = SELECTED			StateName	= selected			Flags		= RESTART_ANIM_WHEN_COMPLETE RANDOMSTART 			Animation = Selected(ATNA)				AnimationName	= IUUrukahi_ATNB				AnimationMode	= LOOP			End			BeginScript				Prev = CurDrawablePrevAnimationState()				if Prev == "Idle"	then CurDrawableSetTransitionAnimState("TRANS_Idle_to_Selected") return end			EndScript		End	    			    		;-emotions--				; Should be before selected (if uncontrollable..)      		AnimationState							= EMOTION_AFRAID			StateName = Emotion			Animation							= FERA				AnimationName					= IUUrukahi_FERA				AnimationMode					= LOOP			End			Flags = RANDOMSTART		End				AnimationState							= EMOTION_TAUNTING			StateName = Emotion			Animation							= TNTA				AnimationName					= IUUrukahi_TNTA				AnimationMode					= LOOP			End		End		AnimationState							= EMOTION_POINTING			StateName = Emotion			Animation							= Pointing1				AnimationName					= IUUrukahi_PNTA				AnimationMode					= LOOP			End		End		AnimationState							= EMOTION_CELEBRATING			StateName = Emotion			Animation                           = CHRA				AnimationName					= IUUrukahi_CHRA				AnimationMode					= ONCE			End		End	    		AnimationState							= WAR_CHANT			Animation                           = CHRA				AnimationName					= IUUrukahi_CHRA				AnimationMode					= LOOP			End		End		TransitionState = Trans_Selected_To_Idle			Animation				AnimationName	= IUUrukahi_ATNC				AnimationMode	= ONCE			End		End		    				TransitionState = TRANS_Idle_to_Selected			Animation				AnimationName	= IUUrukahi_ATNA				AnimationMode	= ONCE			End		End		End	Draw = W3DScriptedModelDraw ModuleTag_Light			DefaultModelConditionState			Model = None		End						ModelConditionState = WEAPONSET_TOGGLE_1			Model = Invisible            Shadow						= SHADOW_ADDITIVE_DECAL_DYNAMIC            ShadowSizeX					= 60;            ShadowSizeY					= 60;            ShadowTexture				= EXFrodoStingGlow;			ShadowOpacityStart			= 0			ShadowOpacityFadeInTime		= 7000			ShadowOpacityPeak			= 255			ShadowOpacityFadeOutTime	= 200			ShadowOpacityEnd			= 0			ShadowOverrideLODVisibility = yes		End	End    #include "..\..\..\includes\StunDrawModuleSmall.inc"	; ***DESIGN parameters ***	Side = Wild	EditorSorting = UNIT	ThreatLevel = LURTZ_THREAT_LEVEL	ThingClass = CHARACTER_UNIT	BuildCost         = LURTZ_BUILDCOST	BuildTime         = LURTZ_BUILDTIME	ShockwaveResistance = SHOCKWAVE_RESISTANCE_WEAK   ; ; SHOCKWAVE_RESISTANCE_STRONG	MaxSimultaneousOfType = 1  	TransportSlotCount = TRANSPORTSLOTCOUNT_HERO	WeaponSet		Conditions = None		Weapon = PRIMARY   HeroehSword	End		;HERO		ArmorSet		Conditions      = None		Armor           = ToughHeroArmor		DamageFX        = NormalDamageFX	End	VisionRange = ISENGARD_BERSERKER_VISION_RANGE 	ShroudClearingRange = ISENGARD_BERSERKER_SHROUD_RANGE		MaxVisionBonusPercent = 300%	VisionBonusTestRadius = 200	VisionBonusPercentPerFoot = 1.0%	DisplayName = OBJECT:Brakka	RecruitText		= CONTROLBAR:BrakkaRecruit	ReviveText		= CONTROLBAR:BrakkaRevive	CrushableLevel = 2  ;What am I?:        0 = for infantry, 1 = for trees, 2 = general vehicles	CrusherLevel = 0 ;What can I crush?: 0 = small animals, 1 = infantry, 2 = trees, 3 = vehicles	CommandSet = BrakkaCommandSet	CommandPoints = 40 ; ;50	; *** AUTO RESOLVE DATA *** 	AutoResolveUnitType = AutoResolveUnit_Hero	AutoResolveCombatChain = AutoResolve_HeroCombatChain	AutoResolveBody = AutoResolve_IsengardBeserkerBody		AutoResolveArmor		Armor = AutoResolve_LurtzArmor	End	AutoResolveWeapon		Weapon = AutoResolve_LurtzWeapon	End	; *** AUDIO Parameters ***;	VoiceAttack				= BerserkerVoiceAttackMS	VoiceAttackCharge			= BerserkerVoiceAttackCharge	;VoiceCombineWithHorde		= BerserkerVoiceMove	VoiceCreated			= EVA:BerserkerCreated	VoiceFullyCreated 		= EVA:BerserkerCreated	VoiceMove				= BerserkerVoiceMoveMS	VoicePriority			= 14	VoiceSelect				= BerserkerVoiceSelectMS	VoiceSelectBattle 		= BerserkerVoiceSelectBattle	VoiceGuard				= BerserkerVoiceMove		VoiceEnterStateAttack		= BerserkerVoiceEnterStateAttack	VoiceEnterStateAttackCharge	= BerserkerVoiceEnterStateAttackCharge			UnitSpecificSounds		VoiceEnter							= BerserkerVoiceMoveMS				;for entering SiegeLadder		VoiceEnterUnitEvilMenTransportShip	= BerserkerVoiceMoveMS		VoiceEnterUnitMordorMumakil			= BerserkerVoiceMoveMS		VoiceEnterUnitSlaughterHouse		= BerserkerVoiceMoveMS		VoiceGarrison						= BerserkerVoiceMoveMS		VoiceInitiateCaptureBuilding		= BerserkerVoiceMoveMS	End	CrowdResponseKey = Uruk    #include "..\..\..\includes\StandardUnitEvaEvents.inc"	ClientBehavior = ModelConditionAudioLoopClientBehavior ModuleTag_foo		ModelCondition = Required:RAISING_FLAG			Excluded:DYING ENGAGED	Sound:EmotionUrukCompilationVoxTauntSinglesLoop	End	Behavior = LargeGroupAudioUpdate ModuleTag_LGAU					;Tie into LargeGroupAudio system		Key = Orc_Infantry UrukHai_Berserker	End	ClientBehavior = AnimationSoundClientBehavior ModuleTag_AnimAudioBehavior		MaxUpdateRangeCap = 800		AnimationSound = Sound:SwordIntoGround		Animation:IUUrukahi_SKL.IUBZRKR_LITA	Frames:21		AnimationSound = Sound:TorchIgniteFalseStart	Animation:IUUrukahi_SKL.IUBZRKR_LITA	Frames:77				;false start		AnimationSound = Sound:TorchIgnite			Animation:IUUrukahi_SKL.IUBZRKR_LITA	Frames:98		;AnimationSound = Sound:TorchSizzleLoop		Animation:IUUrukahi_SKL.IUBZRKR_LITA	Frames:99		AnimationSound = Sound:BerserkerSnarl		Animation:IUUrukahi_SKL.IUBZRKR_LITA	Frames:103		AnimationSound = Sound:BerserkerSuicideYell	Animation:IUUrukahi_SKL.IUBZRKR_LITB	Frames:0				;ignites mine		AnimationSound = Sound:TorchIgnite			Animation:IUUrukahi_SKL.IUBZRKR_LITB	Frames:1				;ignites mine		AnimationSound = Sound:FootstepDirtA		Animation:IUUrukahi_SKL.IUUrukahi_RUNA	Frames:10 22			;running ignited		AnimationSound = Sound:FootstepDirtA		Animation:IUUrukahi_SKL.IUBzrkr_RUNB	Frames:10 22			;running ignited		AnimationSound = Sound:FootstepDirtA		Animation:IUUrukahi_SKL.IUUrukahi_RUNC	Frames:5 13				;running terrified		AnimationSound = Sound:FootstepDirtA		Animation:IUUrukahi_SKL.IUBzrkLadr_CLMB	Frames:14 20 43 45 79 84	;climb ladder		AnimationSound = Sound:FootstepDirtA		Animation:IUUrukahi_SKL.IUUrukahi_CLMA	Frames:0 15		AnimationSound = Sound:FootstepDirtA		Animation:IUUrukahi_SKL.IUBzrkLadr_PLTA	Frames:23				;jump off ladder		AnimationSound = Sound:BodyFallOrc			Animation:IUUrukahi_SKL.IUUrukahi_LNDA	Frames:2		AnimationSound = Sound:BodyFallOrc			Animation:IUUrukahi_SKL.IUUrukahi_DIEA	Frames:23	End	; *** ENGINEERING Parameters ***	RadarPriority = UNIT	KindOf = HERO PRELOAD SELECTABLE CAN_CAST_REFLECTIONS INFANTRY PATH_THROUGH_EACH_OTHER SCORE ARMY_SUMMARY ATTACK_NEEDS_LINE_OF_SIGHT URUK HEAVY_MELEE_HITTER	PathfindDiameter = 40.0  	Body = RespawnBody ModuleTag_RespawnBody		CheerRadius 			= EMOTION_CHEER_RADIUS   		MaxHealth         		= HEROEH_HEALTH   	  		PermanentlyKilledByFilter	= NONE		;Who kills me permanently?   		DodgePercent     		= HERO_DODGE_PERCENT  	End	Behavior = RespawnUpdate ModuleTag_RespawnUpdate		DeathAnim				= DYING ;STUNNED			;Model condition to play when killed-to-respawn		DeathFX				= FX_LurtzDieToRespawn		;FXList to play when killed-to-respawn		DeathAnimationTime		= 6033 ; 1133			;How long DeathAnim will take.		InitialSpawnFX			= FX_LurtzInitialSpawn		RespawnAnim				= LEVELED				;Animation to play when respawning.		RespawnFX				= FX_LurtzRespawn			;FXList to play when respawning.		RespawnAnimationTime		= 2000				;Time it takes for respawn to play.		AutoRespawnAtObjectFilter	= NONE +CASTLE_KEEP		;Respawn at this location -- and at it's exit production point if possible.		ButtonImage				= HILurtz_res		;RespawnEntries determine the ruleset for how a character can be revived. Some units may automatically respawn, others	;may require a specific revive action performed on him. You can specify different values for each level... or use Level:Any		RespawnRules =	AutoSpawn:No		Cost:550		Time:60000		Health:100%		;DEFAULT VALUES		RespawnEntry =	Level:2				Cost:550		Time:60000						; ;50% cost, 1x buildtime ;For other levels, only override what is different.		RespawnEntry =	Level:3				Cost:550 		Time:60000		RespawnEntry =	Level:4				Cost:550 		Time:60000		RespawnEntry =	Level:5				Cost:715		Time:120000						; ;65% cost, 2x buildtime		RespawnEntry =	Level:6				Cost:715		Time:120000		RespawnEntry =	Level:7				Cost:715		Time:120000		RespawnEntry =	Level:8				Cost:880		Time:180000 					; ;80% cost, 3x buildtime		RespawnEntry =	Level:9				Cost:880		Time:180000 		RespawnEntry =	Level:10			Cost:880		Time:180000 	End	Behavior = AutoHealBehavior ModuleTag_LurtzHealing		StartsActive			= Yes		HealingAmount			= HERO_HEAL_AMOUNT		HealingDelay			= 1000		StartHealingDelay		= HERO_HEAL_DELAY		HealOnlyIfNotInCombat	= Yes	End		Behavior = StancesBehavior ModuleTag_StancesBehavior        		StanceTemplate = Hero    	End    	#include "..\..\..\includes\CaptureBuilding.inc"	Behavior = AIUpdateInterface ModuleTag_03		AutoAcquireEnemiesWhenIdle	= Yes ATTACK_BUILDINGS		MoodAttackCheckRate			= 500		CanAttackWhileContained	    = Yes	End	Behavior = EmotionTrackerUpdate	Module_EmotionTracker		TauntAndPointDistance				= 300		TauntAndPointUpdateDelay			= 10000		AddEmotion			=	Doom_Base		//	AddEmotion			=   BraceForBeingCrushed_Base		//	AddEmotion			=	FearIdle_Base		//	AddEmotion			=	FearBusy_Base		AddEmotion			=	Point_Base		AddEmotion			=	Taunt_Base 		AddEmotion			=	CheerIdle_Base		AddEmotion			=	CheerBusy_Base		//	AddEmotion			=	HeroCheerIdle_Base		//	AddEmotion			=	HeroCheerBusy_Base		AddEmotion			=	Alert_Base		AddEmotion			=	CheerForAboutToCrush_Base	End		LocomotorSet		Locomotor     = BerserkerLocomotor ; HumanLocomotor		Condition     = SET_NORMAL		Speed         = NORMAL_ISENGARD_FAST_MEMBER_SPEED	End	LocomotorSet		Locomotor     = BerserkerLocomotor 		Condition     = SET_WANDER		Speed         = NORMAL_ISENGARD_FAST_MEMBER_SPEED	End	 	LocomotorSet		Locomotor = BurningDeathLocomotorInfantry		Condition = SET_BURNINGDEATH		Speed	  = BURNINGDEATH_WANDERSPEED_INFANTRY	End		Behavior = SlowDeathBehavior ModuleTag_05		DeathTypes			= ALL 		SinkDelay			= 6000		SinkRate			= 1.5     ; in Dist/Sec		DestructionDelay	= 11000		Sound				= INITIAL LurtzVoiceDie	End	Behavior = SquishCollide ModuleTag_06		;nothing	End	Behavior = AutoAbilityBehavior ModuleTag_AutoAbilityBehavior	End					Behavior = HitReactionBehavior HitReactionBehaviorModuleTag		HitReactionLifeTimer1 = 2500 ; level 1 (light  damage)  hit reaction animations in frames (5 per sec)		HitReactionThreshold1 = 0.0   ; level 1 (light  damage) threshold trigger	End//--------------------------------------------------------------------------	//	INSPIRE FEAR SPECIAL POWER Level 1//--------------------------------------------------------------------------Behavior = UnpauseSpecialPowerUpgrade ModuleTag_NormalInspireFearEnabler_Level1	SpecialPowerTemplate = SpecialAbilityNormalInspireFear_Level1	TriggeredBy = Upgrade_NormalInspireFear_Level1EndBehavior = SpecialPowerModule ModuleTag_NormalInspireFearStarter_Level1	SpecialPowerTemplate	 = SpecialAbilityNormalInspireFear_Level1	UpdateModuleStartsAttack = Yes	StartsPaused			 = YesEndBehavior = AttributeModifierAuraUpdate ModuleTag_NormalInspireFearUpdate_Level1	StartsActive		= No ;If no, requires upgrade to turn on.	BonusName		= NormalInspireFear_Level1	//BlackRiderDreadVisage	TriggeredBy		= Upgrade_NormalInspireFear_Level1	RefreshDelay	= 2000	Range			= 200	TargetEnemy		= Yes	AntiCategory	= LEADERSHIP BUFF; This means cancel all previous leadership bonuses	//AntiFX			= FX_AntiLeadership ; FX for anti category	ObjectFilter	= GENERIC_BUFF_RECIPIENT_OBJECT_FILTEREndBehavior = ModelConditionUpgrade ModuleTag_NormalInspireFearModelCondition_Level1	TriggeredBy			= Upgrade_NormalInspireFear_Level1	AddConditionFlags	= USER_3EndBehavior = RadiateFearUpdate ModuleTag_NormalInspireFearFear_Level1	InitiallyActive				= No	TriggeredBy					= Upgrade_NormalInspireFear_Level1	WhichSpecialPower			= 1	GenerateTerror				= No	GenerateFear				= Yes	EmotionPulseRadius			= 100	EmotionPulseInterval		= 1000End//--------------------------------------------------------------------------	//	TOUGHNESS SPECIAL POWER//--------------------------------------------------------------------------	Behavior = UnpauseSpecialPowerUpgrade ModuleTag_NormalToughnessEnabler	SpecialPowerTemplate = SpecialAbilityNormalToughness	TriggeredBy = Upgrade_NormalToughnessEndBehavior = SpecialPowerModule ModuleTag_NormalToughnessStarter	SpecialPowerTemplate		= SpecialAbilityNormalToughness	UpdateModuleStartsAttack	= Yes	StartsPaused				= YesEndBehavior = AttributeModifierAuraUpdate ModuleTag_NormalToughnessUpdate	//	TODO figure out how to do this as a one time thing	StartsActive		= No ;If no, requires upgrade to turn on.	BonusName		= CreateAHeroToughnessBonus	TriggeredBy		= Upgrade_NormalToughness	RefreshDelay	= 2000	Range			= 0	AllowSelf		= YesEnd//--------------------------------------------------------------------------	//	BERSERKER RAGE SPECIAL POWER Level 4//--------------------------------------------------------------------------Behavior = UnpauseSpecialPowerUpgrade ModuleTag_NormalBerserkerRageEnabler_Level4	SpecialPowerTemplate = SpecialAbilityNormalBerserkerRage_Level4	TriggeredBy = Upgrade_NormalBerserkerRage_Level4End Behavior = SpecialPowerModule ModuleTag_NormalBerserkerRageStarter_Level4	SpecialPowerTemplate		= SpecialAbilityNormalBerserkerRage_Level4	AttributeModifier			= NormalBerserkerRage_Level4	AttributeModifierRange		= 0	AttributeModifierAffectsSelf = Yes	//AttributeModifierAffects	= ANY +INFANTRY +CAVALRY +MONSTER -HERO	//TriggerFX					= FX_SpellWarChant	UpdateModuleStartsAttack	= No	StartsPaused				= Yes	TargetEnemy					= NoEnd//--------------------------------------------------------------------------	//	BATTLE RAGE SPECIAL POWER Level 1//--------------------------------------------------------------------------	Behavior = UnpauseSpecialPowerUpgrade ModuleTag_NormalBattleRageEnabler_Level1	SpecialPowerTemplate = SpecialAbilityNormalBattleRage_Level1	TriggeredBy			 = Upgrade_NormalBattleRage_Level1EndBehavior = SpecialPowerModule ModuleTag_NormalBattleRagePower_Level1	SpecialPowerTemplate		 = SpecialAbilityNormalBattleRage_Level1	UpdateModuleStartsAttack	 = Yes	StartsPaused				 = Yes	AttributeModifier			 = NormalBattleRageBonus_Level1	AttributeModifierRange		 = 1	AttributeModifierAffectsSelf = Yes	AttributeModifierAffects	 = ANY +CAVALRY	+INFANTRY	//AttributeModifierFX			 = FX_CreateAHeroBattleRageEnd	Behavior = SpecialAbilityUpdate ModuleTag_NormalBattleRagePowerUpdate_Level1	SpecialPowerTemplate    = SpecialAbilityNormalBattleRage_Level1	UnpackTime             = 1  ;// (changing this will scale anim speed)	PreparationTime        = 1 ;// time to complete hack once prepared (changing this will scale anim speed)	PackTime               = 3000  ;// (changing this will scale anim speed)	UnpackingVariation	   = 6EndEnd

Sorry about that. =/

#16 Sûlherokhh

Sûlherokhh

Sagacious Engineer

• Project Team
  • 3,754 posts

Posted 25 March 2007 - 01:31 AM

Happens. ;-)

#17 NebulousQ

NebulousQ
  • Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 25 March 2007 - 10:51 PM

No help? No advice? No place to start looking? =(

#18 Solinx

Solinx

• Undead
  • 3,101 posts

Posted 28 March 2007 - 11:59 AM

Well, there is one simple bit of advice I can give you:

You can edit .inc files just with notepad ;)

Also, WOTR is something that is less popular with modders. It's pretty much always at the bottom of the list for mods. This has the result that less is known about the WOTR stuff than other parts.

Perhaps someone could look at the links between the files if you present them with the more relevant code. You posted your complete object, although it's actually only a small part that is specifically relevant to the WOTR mode. And you indicated that you modded livingworldbuildableunits.inc. If you don't post what you did with that file, and other relevant files, it's hard to help you :xcahik_:

Solinx
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users