#1 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  • Projects:BFME2 - Nazgûl's Special Extended Edition
  •  Veteran

Posted 25 March 2007 - 02:30 AM

This is where we will list ALL things (that we know of) that are in the Collector's Edition of Battle for Middle Earth II. Sûlherokhh, my first coder team member is currently putting together the list, and I will shortly deliver screens of the things that will come along in this mod for ALL players, regardless of retail version :p

CU soon! :)

Edited by Nazgûl, 31 January 2009 - 05:04 PM.

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
"Do not come between the Nazgûl and his mod!"
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> I S.E.E. YOU! <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#2 Sûlherokhh

Sûlherokhh

Sagacious Engineer

• Project Team
  • 3,754 posts
  • Projects:S.E.E., Sage A.I., Code Advisor
  •  'Axe'er of the Gordic Knot

Posted 25 March 2007 - 01:12 PM

Maybe i missed something, but here it is:

(Yellow markings are comments by Nazgûl)

• The CE Attack Troll has an oversized spiked barrel shaped mace instead of a spiked wooden club.
    - This will be removed because in the movie (Return of the King) the Attack Trolls have the wooden club! BUT - thanks to Sûlherokhh we have given all Attack Trolls the POSSIBILITY to BUY the Siege Mace, as we call it, as un upgrade, for more damage to Structures. Kind of like the Siege Hammers for Dwarven Warrios...
  • The CE Mûmak is black and gets a white(?) war paint instead of being grey with a red warpaint.
    - This will also be removed, since the movie Mûmakils are grey with red war paint. I will also move the paint to level 5, as an indication that they are at maximum level! We MIGHT also ad a Muhad Mumakil Rider too! EDIT (20th of April): We decided to make the red War Paint and the War Gear (spikes), much like the Troll's Steel Mace, a BUYABLE upgrade instead. So now all Mumaks level up as normal, but they can also get the extra damage increase at any level by buying the War Gear upgrade! It also decreases damage from melee attacks (thanks to spikes at legs that keep enemies from getting close easily! The Black Mûmak will be a single "hero mumak" for Beta V.
  • The CE Eagle has a white skin istead of a brown skin.
    - This has allredy been modded in current releases (v1.0/1.1) to brown for ALL eagles except Gwaihir who is currently white. EDIT: Since Beta III I decided to reskin him into using only a white head and wingtips though, like the american bald eagle (sea eagle to europeans)!
  • The CE CaH has a white star glowing on top of it's head.
    - This is defenitely removed!
  • The banners of CE Banner Carriers glow in color (blue, green, yellow and red, if we remember it correctly).
    - I think I will keep these as long as new units are spawned from the Banner, as an indication of something magical!
  • The CE version of the Summoned Dragon (the one that lands) has a "mithril"(?name in codes) skin instead of a blue(?) skin, and has a lot of additional idle animations. It also has a different module for 'teleportation' (flying to another spot on the map), which makes him a) ready sooner when summoned (about 2.5 seconds) and b) react faster when landing after a flight (also about 2.5 seconds faster).
    - This will defenitely be kept in the mod!
  • The CE version of Galadriels Tornado spell has elecrical discharges flickering inside.
    - This will also be kept!
  • A different color for the meteor rain (blue instead of red).
    - This will be changed to red only, if possible!
  • Multiple exclusive maps such as Weathertop and Argonath.
    - If possible I want all extra maps included too!

A few of these will go into the mod, as listed by Nazgûl, some are better left out.
- This means that ALL players of this mod will have these items, regardless of retail version :blush:

Has anyone discovered any more than these, please do tell. :ninja:

Sûl.
---

EDIT: And here are the first screens of things that will be included or changed in SEE Final rel.

1) Mûmakils - going from CE version "black" (dark grey) with white war paint and Haradrim lancers on back... and the default/normal size that is way too small for a true mumakil style...
Posted Image

To the much better looking movie version in grey with Haradrim Archers on back. This unit is now also 50% bigger than the normal and CE version... Just check the size compared to the orcs on boths shots, hehe
Posted Image

2) Next item is the Troll club, that is now reset to the movie accurate non-CE version to the right!
Posted Image

More to come here...

Edited by Nazgûl, 22 September 2007 - 11:18 AM.

bannerreal01mittelit3.jpg
Axed Head and A.I. Coder for S.E.E. and ... stuff

".. coding is basically boring. What's fun is finding out how things work, take them apart and then put them together in ways that were not intended nor even conceived."

#3 Mordor Slayer

Mordor Slayer

SEE Marketing Manager

• Project Team
  • 1,424 posts

Posted 25 March 2007 - 06:25 PM

- A different color for the meteor rain (blue instead of red).

- Multiple exclusive maps such as Weathertop and Argonath

- Trailer:
Here you see some content ingame. Note: the green meteor storm at the very ending was removed. And I can we put the music at 0:22 in the mod :blush:.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#4 Pixel

Pixel

• Hosted
  • 2,451 posts

Posted 25 March 2007 - 06:28 PM

Doesnt this invade the copyright? As your taking stuff from the CE editon and putting it in the original... Kind of like taking stuff from rotwk and placing in to bfme2....

Sorry to bring this up... But you should make sure first guys... :blush:

Edited by FlameGuard, 25 March 2007 - 06:31 PM.

#5 Sûlherokhh

Sûlherokhh

Sagacious Engineer

• Project Team
  • 3,754 posts

Posted 25 March 2007 - 06:49 PM

Well no. The stuff i listed is already in every retail version of BfME2. It's like using cinematic buildings or other stuff that is in the ini-files but not used in the game. You can mod a standard version of the game and have all that without taking anything from the CE. The CE basically provides its buyers a) the advantage of using a faster dragon, b) cooler (or stupider) looking units (both versus unmodded retail game users) and c) a DVD with bonus content, although a modder can extract and listen to all the bonus music even from the retail version, as it is used in-game, plus the unused animations.

All i got from the CE was basically hints for modding the standard edition. Nothing more useful for me because i can't stand playing the unmodded game online. I would never take anything from another game that people would have to pay for and thereby lessen the said game company's profits. But if they allow and promote modding their games, that's what i'm doing. Taking it apart and looking for things to change or for things left in for us modders. ;-)

Edited by Sulherokhh, 25 March 2007 - 07:31 PM.

".. coding is basically boring. What's fun is finding out how things work, take them apart and then put them together in ways that were not intended nor even conceived."

#6 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  •  Veteran

Posted 25 March 2007 - 07:44 PM

Doesnt this invade the copyright? As your taking stuff from the CE editon and putting it in the original... Kind of like taking stuff from rotwk and placing in to bfme2....

Sorry to bring this up... But you should make sure first guys... :blush:

Hey Flame! Good point there though, and I'm glad you brought it up since I forgot to in the beginning. Yes, it's all allready there. Same "box" of codes, only different settings that enable and disable things :ninja:

And MS... good, I was wondering about the red/blue Barrage too... U see, the good side (dwarves) have the red Barrage and the evil side (Mordor) uses the blue. How weird isn't that. Kind of like the darn FB glow on the weapons... I think I'd like red Barrage for all users of that power. Feels more natural.

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg

#7 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  •  Veteran

Posted 25 March 2007 - 10:59 PM

Thread updated with screens in beginning :blush:

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg

#8 Mordor Slayer

Mordor Slayer

SEE Marketing Manager

• Project Team
  • 1,424 posts

Posted 26 March 2007 - 07:11 AM

I'd say we keep both versions of the mumakil? One for a lvl. 2 mumak, and one for a lvl. 5 mumak...
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#9 zimoo

zimoo

Ecthelion of the Fountain

• Project Team
  • 2,009 posts
  • Projects:Lurking until the off topic begins...
  •  Guardian of the Books

Posted 26 March 2007 - 08:34 AM

*cough* Random textures are always nice *cough*
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Playing games? Ah, you'll never be a good modder if you get involved in actually playing them!

#10 Mordor Slayer

Mordor Slayer

SEE Marketing Manager

• Project Team
  • 1,424 posts

Posted 26 March 2007 - 08:47 AM

*cough* Random textures are always nice *cough*

This, this, this!
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#11 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  •  Veteran

Posted 26 March 2007 - 01:51 PM

Hehe, well no... not always. The black mumak is nicely done, but it's not movie accurate. So maybe I will have ONE like that, like a mumakil "hero" maybe, or "super mumak" if you will. But I wont mix it in for random since it's way off from the movie look :sad2:

Still, I'm more interested in adding a Muhad rider on them, or at least on one of them, and I think this has been done in BoG if I'm not mistakin.

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg

#12 Lauri

Lauri

Old man Lauri

• Hosted
  • 10,436 posts
  • Projects:The 4th Age
  •  The very worst T3A Team Chamber Member

Posted 26 March 2007 - 04:19 PM

that CE troll.... ugh...

the mumak... please use RandomTexture.... I love it, and the old one, so I'd really like to see it :grin: :sad2: or a level 5 upgrade... I never get them to higher rank than 3 anyways :p

T4A_Logo_-_article.png

The 4th Age version 0.8 has been released: Link

#13 zimoo

zimoo

• Project Team
  • 2,009 posts
  •  Guardian of the Books

Posted 26 March 2007 - 04:48 PM

So once they get to level 5 they paint their skin black? O_o
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Playing games? Ah, you'll never be a good modder if you get involved in actually playing them!

#14 Sûlherokhh

Sûlherokhh

Sagacious Engineer

• Project Team
  • 3,754 posts

Posted 26 March 2007 - 05:02 PM

Let's do the same with the TrollMace. Rank 5 is hard to reach anyway. And some may just like to have it in the game, even if it is hard to get.

#15 Juissi

Juissi

AWESOM-O

• Hosted
  • 1,555 posts
  • Projects:Last Alliance modification, The Hobbit mod
  •  Forger Of (Last) Alliance

Posted 26 March 2007 - 06:28 PM

With Trolls and Mumaks level 5 isnt excactly the most hardest thing in the game. I usually have all my attack trolls and mumaks at level 5.

I like the idea of randomtexture for Mumakils.

#16 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  •  Veteran

Posted 26 March 2007 - 06:30 PM

Mumaks wont have random skin, for those reasons above, sorry :p
(EDIT: Unless I decide to do NEW skins for mumaks, like in different shades, but still grey)
But I guess we could have a "super-mumak" that is black... just to have that skin as an extra option/feature of this mod.

Anyone know how to ad Muhad riders?

Troll's super basher mace, might be a lvl 5 wepon, yes :sad2:

Edited by Nazgûl, 26 March 2007 - 06:32 PM.

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg

#17 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  •  Veteran

Posted 27 March 2007 - 04:35 AM

Now, the Mûmakils have the correct banner carrier too...
Posted Image

Next CE item... Gwaihir. Currently he is white. But since he is brown in the movie I wanted to tone it down... but still have him distinguishable. So given this fine piece of art...
Posted Image

...I decided to reskin him to this...
Posted Image

Much better! :grin:

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg

#18 Mordor Slayer

Mordor Slayer

SEE Marketing Manager

• Project Team
  • 1,424 posts

Posted 27 March 2007 - 07:11 AM

Awesome!
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#19 zimoo

zimoo

• Project Team
  • 2,009 posts
  •  Guardian of the Books

Posted 27 March 2007 - 08:55 AM

I'd make him redy-orange personally.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#20 Sûlherokhh

Sûlherokhh

Sagacious Engineer

• Project Team
  • 3,754 posts

Posted 27 March 2007 - 09:05 AM

Me gusto!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users