2 replies to this topic

#1 Diesystem

Diesystem

title available

• Project Team
  • 259 posts
  • Projects:Robot Storm, Cataclsym 2021, Diesystem Strikes, ICFI

Posted 03 April 2007 - 04:38 PM

Whilst many know the concepts of paratroop triggers, it is still possible that without certain knowledge your triggers to make troops para drop may become buggy...

for example:

YOUR PLANE MAY DECIDE TO COME FROM AN AREA (WHICH TO SAY THE LEAST HAS ANTI AIR DEFENCES AROUND IT), AND SO IT GETS BLOW UP BEFORE IT EVEN GETS TO THE PLACE WHERE ITS MEANT TO DROP OF YOUR TROOPS THIS IS ALSO ANNOYING IF YOU HAVE A TIME LIMIT ON YOUR MAP!

ALSO YOUR PLANE MAY NOT DECIDE TO DROP ANY TROOPS AT ALL AND JUST SEEM TO HOVER OR INDEED DROPS OFF THE TROOPS THEN JUST HOVERS ABOVE THE MAP AS IF TO SAY: I DON'T WANNA GO OFF THE MAP!!! :p :p

Well here's an advanced guide to para-dropping ( i have made one before you see but was still experiencing problems like the above)

1. In the taskforce screen create a team of say 5 Initiates, it can be a tank if you like (remember it has *space to carry what a flak track can, do not to fill it up too much other wise you may lose some units or they will arrive by land instead... (pic 1)

2. It is important that you add no other flying/land transport units in the taskforce section otherwise it is likely that your Initiates will come inside one of the other transports when you actuly want them to be in the cargo plane

3. Next you need to add a script and all you need to do is select attack waypoint and then type the waypoint number where you want your troops to unload... so for this example say:

Option: Attack Waypoint - Waypoint Number 5 (pic 2)

4. Here is where simple editing can make all the difference... select teams and make sure that the following are ticked:

* FULL, *CARGO PLANE, *REINFORCE, *ONTRANSONLY, *TRANSRETURNONUNLOAD,

Next type in the *transport waypoint* number(THIS IS EXTREMELY IMPORTANT FOR MAKING SURE YOUR CARGO PLANE DOSE NOT APPEAR FROM AN AREA OF THE MAP THAT IS CONTROLLED BY A FOE OR IF YOU WANT TO SAVE TIME!).

Then type in the waypoint that you have selected in your script, in other words if you want your troops to land at 5 make sure that the script says attack waypoint 5 and that the *waypoint* option here is set to 5.
(see pic 3 for more help)

*Note:* remember to select the house, script and taskforce for your team!!!

Then all thats left to do is to set up the trigger to send your paratroops...
The example trigger is that the trigger is fired once after an elapsed scenario time of 25...
(pic 4) then actions select reinforce team, select the team of the paratroopers and...

Then enjoy, as you see the trigger work as it should!!!
(pic 5) here I had many planes unload Initiates in the area controlled by soviet forces...
although you can only see one leaving map the rest had already been and gone...

any questions on this let me know....

Attached Thumbnails

• step1.JPG
  • step2.JPG
  • step3.JPG
  • step4.JPG
  • step5.JPG

Edited by Diesystem, 03 April 2007 - 04:47 PM.

No words can express my joy.......

IM GONNA BE A FREAKING DJ OK?!

http://forums.cncgui.../index.php?c=60

#2 Allied General

Allied General

C&C Guild

• Hosted
  • 6,922 posts
  • Projects:AGSA
  •  Modder

Posted 21 April 2009 - 09:24 AM

Note that paratrooping triggers or reinforcements can be used for skirmish maps if for YR because your house can <A>, etc

However all players (be it AI controlled or otherwise) which get spawned units must be present on the map or a IE error will follow i.e. game will try to find non existant house to spawn units.
Posted Image

#3 Mig Eater

Mig Eater

5700 vxl files & counting...

• Undead
  • 5,833 posts
  • Projects:D-Day
  •  Teh workaholic

Posted 21 April 2009 - 10:29 AM

IIRC you could disable the trigger & then enable it via another that will only fire once the player <A> builds something etc.

Posted Image
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users