Mighty Armadillo

• Hosted
  • 719 posts
  • Projects:Game Enhancement Mod
  •  Coder, Skinner, Graphics, GEM Mod Leader
  • Job:T3A Chamber Member

Posted 04 April 2007 - 01:43 AM

Hi,
If you are interested in helping with the mod there are a few maps that I need to have done... I will give a list of each map along with a description of each one...
  • The Old Forest - Sort of an arena but with cliffs and stuff, enough to make it maze-like but not enough to inhibit gameplay... The cliffs should be covered by trees... At the center there should be the Withywindle Valley, and the House of Tom Bombadil... Old Man Willow is optional and will not be functional... At the Southeast end I would like the wall and gate from Buckleberry and the clearing where the hobbits burned the woods...
  • Midgewater Marshes: Sort of a swampy terrain with a few strategic hills...
  • Bree: The city of Bree, something like a fortress map, except more easily entered and no one starts inside the fortress...
  • Weather Hills: Not sure if EA made one, just some hilly terrain...
  • Carn Dum: A new one, EA's version stinks!
  • Trollshaws: A forest with abundant troll's layers... Maybe also the troll's lair from "The Hobbit"...
  • Blue Mountains: A fortress map, it can be EA's but it will need AI functionality... :thumbsupsmiley:
  • Annuminas: The old capital of Arnor, a fortress map with Numenorian architecture... It should be build into the hills...
  • Evendim Wilderness: Some hills on one side with a lake on the other side, but should still be reasonably balanced...
  • Udun: A new one, preferably with lots of nice lava, and some sort of fortress that Mordor would have obviously had behind the Black Gate
If you make a map for GEM you will be considered in the credits... If multiple people make one map, then I will choose my favorite one and the other one can be used in a different mod. This doesn't mean the map I picked can't be used in other mods if the mapmaker wishes, it just means that the copy can be featured in a different mod while the one I picked can be in this mod so the mods can be a little unique if you know what I mean...
He who bears skill but lacks effort, makes himself inferior to those who have no skill but try nonetheless.
Posted Image
Posted Image
"There is some good in this world, and its worth fighting for!"
J.M.J.

#2 Lord Homer of Shire

Lord Homer of Shire
  • Members
  • 47 posts
  •  Professional Hobbitpawner

Posted 04 May 2007 - 01:55 PM

Hi,
If you are interested in helping with the mod there are a few maps that I need to have done... I will give a list of each map along with a description of each one...

• The Old Forest - Sort of an arena but with cliffs and stuff, enough to make it maze-like but not enough to inhibit gameplay... The cliffs should be covered by trees... At the center there should be the Withywindle Valley, and the House of Tom Bombadil... Old Man Willow is optional and will not be functional... At the Southeast end I would like the wall and gate from Buckleberry and the clearing where the hobbits burned the woods...
  • Midgewater Marshes: Sort of a swampy terrain with a few strategic hills...
  • Bree: The city of Bree, something like a fortress map, except more easily entered and no one starts inside the fortress...
  • Weather Hills: Not sure if EA made one, just some hilly terrain...
  • Carn Dum: A new one, EA's version stinks!
  • Trollshaws: A forest with abundant troll's layers... Maybe also the troll's lair from "The Hobbit"...
  • Blue Mountains: A fortress map, it can be EA's but it will need AI functionality... :p
  • Annuminas: The old capital of Arnor, a fortress map with Numenorian architecture... It should be build into the hills...
  • Evendim Wilderness: Some hills on one side with a lake on the other side, but should still be reasonably balanced...
  • Udun: A new one, preferably with lots of nice lava, and some sort of fortress that Mordor would have obviously had behind the Black Gate
If you make a map for GEM you will be considered in the credits... If multiple people make one map, then I will choose my favorite one and the other one can be used in a different mod. This doesn't mean the map I picked can't be used in other mods if the mapmaker wishes, it just means that the copy can be featured in a different mod while the one I picked can be in this mod so the mods can be a little unique if you know what I mean...

good ideas :p but I don't have any mapping skills :p
Posted Image

#3 m@tt

m@tt

#######

• Project Team
  • 4,056 posts
  • Projects:The Dwarf Holds
  •  T3A Chamber Member

Posted 04 May 2007 - 03:54 PM

Bree was an official download for BFME II from BestBuy. Here you can download some of the extra maps EA made for the CE:

http://www.bfme2.com...ble/allmaps.htm

Look for Argonath, Bree, Forochel, Umbar, Weathertop

They're free to use as far as I know, and as they're EA maps you don't have to credit the website.
Posted Image

#4 Eonwe

Eonwe

title available

• Project Team
  • 534 posts

Posted 05 May 2007 - 02:56 AM

Yoda warrior told me that most mappers are retired. I just wish I knew how to make a map. maybe I could keen my skills there?

#5 m@tt

m@tt

#######

• Project Team
  • 4,056 posts
  •  T3A Chamber Member

Posted 05 May 2007 - 10:04 AM

* Points at the mapping tutorials I uploaded to the T3A site *

Once I finish my current projects, I am planning to make a huge tutorial which should help people get into mapping.
Posted Image

#6 JEV3

JEV3

Mighty Armadillo

• Hosted
  • 719 posts
  • Projects:Game Enhancement Mod
  •  Coder, Skinner, Graphics, GEM Mod Leader
  • Job:T3A Chamber Member

Posted 06 May 2007 - 01:30 AM

Well I am working on an Udun... it has the fortress behind the mountains and not directly behind the Black Gate, so that will take care of the "but we didn't see it in the movie" thing... It has two gates, one leading into a low area and one going straight to a high area... the low area goes up into part of the high area which is then separated from where you entered the main gate by a river of lava... Then you have to go past a pass to attack the main fortress... The map uses Dol Guldor walls, and I am planning on putting alot of miscellaneous junk in there... (catwalks, useless towers, torches) The lava flows down two plateaus before coming to the bottom layer... I am nearly finished with most of the fortress, now I am working on the rest of the space behind the Black Gate... I might make another walled area opposite the fortress behind the mountains on the other side for farms and secondary unit production and stuff...

I am... however having problems texturing the open space because I haven't mapped in a long time, and... I am trying to use the river tool to make a whirlpool of lava behind one of the walls, but the area is an oblong circle, so it is always getting kinda messed up... It doesn't have to be a whirlpool, but the lake doesn't have any lava textures...

Yodawarrior is also making an "Old Forest" and I can't wait to see how that turns out... I'll have to get to work modelling old man willow sometime though :p
He who bears skill but lacks effort, makes himself inferior to those who have no skill but try nonetheless.
Posted Image
Posted Image
"There is some good in this world, and its worth fighting for!"
J.M.J.

#7 m@tt

m@tt

#######

• Project Team
  • 4,056 posts
  •  T3A Chamber Member

Posted 06 May 2007 - 01:07 PM

There are definitely lava textures, if not for the lake then definitely for the river tool.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users