3930 replies to this topic

#3361 Casojin

Casojin

Democracy not Dictatorship

• Project Team
  • 2,121 posts
  •  Thinker

Posted 16 March 2011 - 02:11 PM

Nuke Gen Def: If you have played 005 or earlier version with a human, you will see that it is very unbalance. Nuke Gen can easily beat 2 human opponents without much trouble. Their base def can obliterate just about anything and their units are almost unstoppable. Use more units and you will be able to play Nuke Gen effectively.

Burton: You have to consider balance issue as well. Cyber Burton has been adjusted a lot to make it more balance (in 008).
CASOJIN

Posted Image

#3362 Guest_nickname_*

Guest_nickname_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 March 2011 - 02:32 PM

can't you return the nuke general base defense please if it will be unbalanced then increase the power of other generals pleaseeeeeeeeee :lol:

#3363 Guest_mm_*

Guest_mm_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 March 2011 - 03:12 PM

best defense is attack you enemy...you have many powerful tanks and infantry, even aircraft is good, there is no reason to make nuke general better with base defense, or make other gens more porewful (every nation has its pros and cros)... this is strategy game, remember it..

#3364 lil tasman

lil tasman

CnC Mapper

• Hosted
  • 903 posts
  • Projects:Contra 008, Fallout Wars
  •  Contra 008 Wallpapers, Advertising and Maps. Fallout Wars AI Coding, Advertising, and Maps.

Posted 16 March 2011 - 06:51 PM

Yes. Try taking on an experienced player who is nuke general.... they always have a strong defense. Look at strategy topic for suggestions.
Amat Victoria Curam
Victory Loves Preparation

Posted Image

#3365 kkasll

kkasll
  • Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 18 March 2011 - 11:57 PM

Nuke Gen Def: If you have played 005 or earlier version with a human, you will see that it is very unbalance. Nuke Gen can easily beat 2 human opponents without much trouble. Their base def can obliterate just about anything and their units are almost unstoppable. Use more units and you will be able to play Nuke Gen effectively.

Burton: You have to consider balance issue as well. Cyber Burton has been adjusted a lot to make it more balance (in 008).

I didn't say to put the old one's back ...maybe a def more like tank has...
spreading units over strategic / economic places will cost more then staging two staling defenses (near supply , oil Derick's etc,...).

+
on a different matter ...i think super-weapon's advanced robot defense should be cut off contra...it isn't useful in any way... its big and does limited dmg and quite expensive .

maybe cyber burton has been modified but he is still 10 times better the the others...

#3366 Casojin

Casojin

• Project Team
  • 2,121 posts
  •  Thinker

Posted 19 March 2011 - 12:36 PM

Creator once said that he wants Nuke Gen to be unique by their mobility. So, I don't think he would give any defense to Nuke Gen in the future.

Cyber Burton is much less effective vs Infantry in 008.

And what advance robot defense you're referring to?
CASOJIN

Posted Image

#3367 kkasll

kkasll
  • Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 19 March 2011 - 05:07 PM

Creator once said that he wants Nuke Gen to be unique by their mobility. So, I don't think he would give any defense to Nuke Gen in the future.

Cyber Burton is much less effective vs Infantry in 008.

And what advance robot defense you're referring to?

The Cyclone....

#3368 kkasll

kkasll
  • Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 19 March 2011 - 05:13 PM

I Got two more propositions

1. weaken the infantry Battle Fortress - it's unstoppable...(only 2 out of 10 were destroyed in a nuclear storm...)
2. have cybernetics ability to see the whole map game-play all the time ...in rank 5.

#3369 gundamwen

gundamwen

Just try it.

• Project Team
  • 424 posts
  • Projects:Contra 008 Chinese voice (Done for now)

Posted 19 March 2011 - 05:42 PM

1. weaken the infantry Battle Fortress - it's unstoppable...(only 2 out of 10 were destroyed in a nuclear storm...)
2. have cybernetics ability to see the whole map game-play all the time ...in rank 5.

Out of the question, that is why it is called the Battle Fortress.
Posted Image

#3370 Guest_mm_*

Guest_mm_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 March 2011 - 07:39 PM

As I have read before in contra 008 changelog, the Battle Fortress will have 10% less armor and health...but Im not sure, if it has been still true, because once is something said, then it is changes or cancelled...we will see in 008 :popcorn:

I agree with the idea the cyborg could see the whole map all the time on rank 5, and I would like to see same principle in stealth general..its logic... :thumbsupsmiley: and I would suggest to make EMP weapons more effective against cyborg...

#3371 Guest_ronaldo_*

Guest_ronaldo_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 March 2011 - 08:07 PM

casojin

you said once creator say anything so it well not change so

what is the use of suggestion or we have to suggest for contra 009 :popcorn:

#3372 ApOcOlYpS

ApOcOlYpS

title available

• Project Team
  • 523 posts
  • Projects:Remix Escalation

Posted 20 March 2011 - 01:24 AM

Ronaldo I already answered your annoyance:

Mind you, a mod is not a committee made thing. Just because you make a suggestion does not mean it will be implemented. In fact, it is entirely possible that every suggestion is rejected. However, most help the creative process, and may be added with some variation, or spawn a new idea.

In the end, it isn't your mod. You aren't doing the programming, the modeling, the texturing/rending, so you have no right to be upset when your suggestions aren't taken. However, if no suggestions from the community were taken, what would be the purpose of a suggestion topic, especially one that's grown to 168 pages.

Creator listens, but he's got his own idea for the mod, and so wont incorporate everything that we suggest.

#3373 Casojin

Casojin

• Project Team
  • 2,121 posts
  •  Thinker

Posted 20 March 2011 - 03:08 PM

- Battle Fortress supposed to be tough or else it won't be super unit.
- USA already has the best intel gathering. USA has two scout abilities from rank 1 and one more at rank 3. It is more than other factions already. What you suggest would affect game balance 100% sure. However, you can drop Spy Drone virtually everywhere in the map and see everything.
CASOJIN

Posted Image

#3374 kkasll

kkasll
  • Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 20 March 2011 - 03:31 PM

- Battle Fortress supposed to be tough or else it won't be super unit.
- USA already has the best intel gathering. USA has two scout abilities from rank 1 and one more at rank 3. It is more than other factions already. What you suggest would affect game balance 100% sure. However, you can drop Spy Drone virtually everywhere in the map and see everything.

1.sure it's a superunit but two of theses monsters with the right soldiers take down any base
i didn't say to make them powerless just decrease its power by some percentage.

2.till they droped by a Gatling tank :]

#3375 gundamwen

gundamwen

Just try it.

• Project Team
  • 424 posts
  • Projects:Contra 008 Chinese voice (Done for now)

Posted 20 March 2011 - 04:09 PM

If you use the right way, you can take down any base with any super units.
Posted Image

#3376 Guest_ronaldo_*

Guest_ronaldo_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 March 2011 - 09:12 PM

robot general particle cannon is weak it destroy only a single war factory and it is finished cant you change it because i always have to build 5 but when i play with china only two nuclear missile i build and it have also radiation so try to change it please

#3377 Casojin

Casojin

• Project Team
  • 2,121 posts
  •  Thinker

Posted 21 March 2011 - 01:58 AM

I think Creator intentionally make it less powerful but it can recharge faster than Nuke. I never got much chance to build multiple Superweapon or Superunit though because I usually turn 'Tournament mode' on.

Anyway, in 008, every building armor would be reduced. So, superweapon would have more effect on them.

Edited by Casojin, 21 March 2011 - 02:01 AM.

CASOJIN

Posted Image

#3378 Guest_ronaldo_*

Guest_ronaldo_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 March 2011 - 10:02 AM

ok casojin

i have a question airforce general at which rank we can build the pavelaw and can you show us the pavelow and the superweapon effect in the trailer

when you will finish USA trailer

#3379 lil tasman

lil tasman

CnC Mapper

• Hosted
  • 903 posts
  • Projects:Contra 008, Fallout Wars
  •  Contra 008 Wallpapers, Advertising and Maps. Fallout Wars AI Coding, Advertising, and Maps.

Posted 21 March 2011 - 10:49 AM

Pavelow will be in trailer, and the Pavelow is available at rank 1. It is basically artillery helicopter, and has the same missiles as the F-16XL in 007. But, the F-16XL in 008 will drop EMP bombs, not artillery, for balance.
Amat Victoria Curam
Victory Loves Preparation

Posted Image

#3380 Guest_ronaldo_*

Guest_ronaldo_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 March 2011 - 11:32 AM

why dont you add new base defense for nuke general i heard many comment about this if most of us want it so why dont you make it pleaseeeeeeeeeee

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users