Capslockers are attention whores.

• Members
  • 722 posts
  • Projects:Losing the game
  •  Why cant this be red :(

Posted 26 March 2011 - 11:34 PM

CASOJIN

WHY EVERYTHING IS UP TO CREATOR
IF EVERYTHING IS UP TO CREATOR THEN WE MIGHT SAY AN IDEA YOU DON'T LIKE CASOJIN BUT CREATOR LIKE IT AND YOU SAY WHEN ANYTHING YOU ANSWER THEN CREATOR WILL NOT READ IT BUT IF NOBODY ANSWER HE MIGHT READ IT AND LIKES IT SO NOW CREATOR NEVER ANSWER US ONLY YOU CASOJIN AND LIL TASMAN AND dcesarec ANSWER US.

Reasons why you arent taken to seriously in this post:
1. Capslock
2. Guest account
3. No good english
4. Spam of suggestions which arent thought too well of.
Posted Image
Posted Image

its like a big ball of tesla troopers firing on down below, but cant attack structures. ION STORM :D

#3402 lil tasman

lil tasman

CnC Mapper

• Hosted
  • 903 posts
  • Projects:Contra 008, Fallout Wars
  •  Contra 008 Wallpapers, Advertising and Maps. Fallout Wars AI Coding, Advertising, and Maps.

Posted 27 March 2011 - 01:54 AM

CASOJIN

WHY EVERYTHING IS UP TO CREATOR
IF EVERYTHING IS UP TO CREATOR THEN WE MIGHT SAY AN IDEA YOU DON'T LIKE CASOJIN BUT CREATOR LIKE IT AND YOU SAY WHEN ANYTHING YOU ANSWER THEN CREATOR WILL NOT READ IT BUT IF NOBODY ANSWER HE MIGHT READ IT AND LIKES IT SO NOW CREATOR NEVER ANSWER US ONLY YOU CASOJIN AND LIL TASMAN AND dcesarec ANSWER US.

Reasons why you arent taken to seriously in this post:
1. Capslock
2. Guest account
3. No good english
4. Spam of suggestions which arent thought too well of.

Exactly. Capslock just makes it seem like you're yelling and commanding us to put something into Contra, not a good way to ask for a suggestion, as you are not in control of this mod.
Amat Victoria Curam
Victory Loves Preparation

Posted Image

#3403 Casojin

Casojin

Democracy not Dictatorship

• Project Team
  • 2,121 posts
  •  Thinker

Posted 27 March 2011 - 06:35 AM

Ronaldo, you should learn mod community manner. I have tried to be very patient with this annoying and absurd complaints. I tried to explain in good manner to you, thinking of you as newcomer who haven't learned what you should do in mod community just yet. It is you who doesn't listen to reason, not us.

IF YOU WANT THE MOD TO BE WHAT YOU WANT, GO ******* MAKE YOUR OWN MOD.
CASOJIN

Posted Image

#3404 gundamwen

gundamwen

Just try it.

• Project Team
  • 424 posts
  • Projects:Contra 008 Chinese voice (Done for now)

Posted 27 March 2011 - 08:08 AM

I don't think he can, that is why he is here. :)

It is ok, Ronaldo, you can give any suggestion, but please understand that we can't just take them , we will tell you if the team find something good.

Edited by gundamwen, 27 March 2011 - 08:16 AM.

Posted Image

#3405 kkasll

kkasll
  • Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 27 March 2011 - 12:40 PM

Suggestions :

1)As mentioned here before i thing all super units should be EMP resistant , 1 tomahawk missile with EMP upgrade from SW GEN. defenses takes down up to 3 super units.
2)Super unit for SW-GEN. A unit that shoots tomahawk missiles (cluster,emp,explodes),which have Avenger's air defense,lasers counter missiles attack ETC...
3)AirForce GEN. equipped with planes that can target soldiers with efficiency (20 mm volcan), i know there are choppers for that.
4)If idea 3 Fails...then perhaps a larger verity of Helicopters with designated assignments (tank killer ,infantry , buildings/bunker busters).
5)Replacing the Atmospheric Lenz with A Napalm missile(like nuke missile),i personally hate current Flames super weapon.
6)Infantry Gen. Create a commando squad (tank killers ,bombers/engineers[mine clearing] ,snipers , assault )that can climb trees mountains cross water and so on.(rank5 Paradrop)

#3406 Guest_RONALDO_*

Guest_RONALDO_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 March 2011 - 01:08 PM

SORRY

I like the idea of Replacing the Atmospheric Lenz with A Napalm missile(like nuke missile), or you can allow us to controlthe super-weapon

#3407 Casojin

Casojin

• Project Team
  • 2,121 posts
  •  Thinker

Posted 27 March 2011 - 02:19 PM

1)As mentioned here before i thing all super units should be EMP resistant , 1 tomahawk missile with EMP upgrade from SW GEN. defenses takes down up to 3 super units.

Really? I thought Super units are immune to EMP in 007.

3)AirForce GEN. equipped with planes that can target soldiers with efficiency (20 mm volcan), i know there are choppers for that.

I once suggested the same thing but Creator said that AFG already has anti-inf heli and it was rejected.

4)If idea 3 Fails...then perhaps a larger verity of Helicopters with designated assignments (tank killer ,infantry , buildings/bunker busters).

This was suggested before too. But considering new units in 008, I think they're all in.
- Comanche = Tank Killer
- Combat Nook = Anti-Infantry
- Pavelow = Long-range Artillery Heli (which is good vs building)

5)Replacing the Atmospheric Lenz with A Napalm missile(like nuke missile),i personally hate current Flames super weapon.

I don't think he would do it. He was working hard to make atmospheric lens. Also, it was improved in 008 (it will focus at one enemy at a time not going all random).

6)Infantry Gen. Create a commando squad (tank killers ,bombers/engineers[mine clearing] ,snipers , assault )that can climb trees mountains cross water and so on.(rank5 Paradrop)

Infantry animation is very hard to do and takes a lot of time to edit. If there is someone else who could do it for Creator, he might consider it. Though, he might reject it because it doesn't fit the faction tactic (attack with horde). Personally, I like that.
CASOJIN

Posted Image

#3408 Su8perkillr

Su8perkillr

• Members
  • 722 posts

Posted 27 March 2011 - 06:30 PM

Suggestions :

2)Super unit for SW-GEN. A unit that shoots tomahawk missiles (cluster,emp,explodes),which have Avenger's air defense,lasers counter missiles attack ETC...

1. Sounds logically.
2. Or upgrade the tomahawk base def to have cluster ammo (or minelaying tech) This would make it a tad more stronger to make up for the slow and unguided delivery currently in use.
3. Nah, I agree with Casojin on this one.
4. *same as 3.*
5. It sounds good, but just like Casojin said there is a lot of work put in the lenz. And if it gains abilities as described above, it might be better, maybe for 009 if it still is weak?
6. To hard, if not impossible, to code.

Nice suggestions :) Refreshing to hear after the spam we had in the previous months.
Posted Image
Posted Image

its like a big ball of tesla troopers firing on down below, but cant attack structures. ION STORM :D

#3409 kkasll

kkasll
  • Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 27 March 2011 - 07:32 PM

Thanks Both....

#3410 Casojin

Casojin

• Project Team
  • 2,121 posts
  •  Thinker

Posted 28 March 2011 - 01:57 AM

6. To hard, if not impossible, to code.

It is possible to code without error if they're separated units. But if it is all in one squad, it might have some error as ZH path-finding when climbing mountain sux.

The hard part is animating it.

Edited by Casojin, 28 March 2011 - 01:58 AM.

CASOJIN

Posted Image

#3411 Guest_RONALDO_*

Guest_RONALDO_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 March 2011 - 02:12 PM

good morning

stealth general SCUD launcher is too weak

can you make the super unit immune to mines

#3412 Su8perkillr

Su8perkillr

• Members
  • 722 posts

Posted 30 March 2011 - 03:26 PM

*sigh* Why are we even responding to this!

Dude, you may think that, but you can change your manner a bit... All you do is scream at us what we need to change. If you like to do that, I suggest you make your own mod.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#3413 DesertRose

DesertRose
  • Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 30 March 2011 - 05:20 PM

Nuke General:
- Assault Troop Crawler comes with zero infantry, cost and build time is changed accordingly.
-- Nuke has no bunkers, thus less likely encouraged to train infantry than other china generals because infantry without cover is very vulnerable. Barracks become slightly more important for Nuke because he needs to train infantry for his Assault Troop Crawlers.
-- Allows for more flexibility and diversity how to load a Assault Troop Crawler.
(-- Maybe change the troop transporters of the other China generals in this way, too?!)

All:
- Buttons on the right side for air planes now show how many units of that type you have (like it's done with the Satellite Hack 3 from the Internet Center).
-- Why shouldn't the game get more user-friendly?

- A new command: 'Attack with secondary weaponry'. The unit attacks with its secondary weaponry; if the target is outside of the range of the unit's secondary weaponry it doesn't move towards its target. Examples for such units are Overlords with Sniper Cannon, deployable units or most troop transporters.
-- Improves the control over your own units. E.g. you can command an Overlord to attack a specific target with its Sniper Cannon without the drawback that it drives towards the target to fire its main cannons, too.
-- Reduces execution taxes. E.g. if it's urgent to destroy a specific enemy unit you can select all your Flak Guns at once and command them to use their 'secondary weapon' against it, and all Flak Guns that are in range will start firing at that specific enemy unit, the other ones will ignore the command. Currently you had to select all Flak Guns that are currently in range of the target and command them to attack, and maybe command them to stop if the target has moved outside of their range.
-- The unit shouldn't move towards the target if 'Attack with secondary weaponry' was used. Reasons:
-- 1.) The "secondary weapon" of troop transporters possible have different range; how should it be decided how close the unit should move in that case.
-- 2.) Easier micro; e.g. you have all your Overlords with Sniper Cannons in a formation (possible with other units), now you want the first line to shot at enemy defenses. Sure, you could just manually select all the Overlords in the first line and command them to use their secondary weaponry, but why should the user interface made be intentionally inconvenient?
-- 3.) Would not make the handling of deployable units easier.

Edited by DesertRose, 30 March 2011 - 05:23 PM.

#3414 Casojin

Casojin

• Project Team
  • 2,121 posts
  •  Thinker

Posted 31 March 2011 - 01:51 AM

- Assault TC with no infantry was tested and it is very annoying when you're trying to build up a large force. It would be better if there are variety of options how to load the TC (but it's not easy to code).
- I always build barrack for Nuke Gen anyway since his Nuke Tank Hunter is VERY POWERFUL. Red Arrow AA troop is good for Nuke Gen too (defensively, they can be placed behind buildings). Additionally, these troops can be put into Listening Post which is stealth and become a good defense.
- Aircraft button is unlike Superweapon button and it is not possible to code to what you suggested. Creator always wants to reduce micro and let player focus more on strategy.
- 'Attack with secondary' can be coded but not as you want due to ZH limitation. Currently, Creator implemented weapon selection to let the player choose between primary and secondary weapons (reducing micro).
- Due to ZH limitation, single unit with multiple weapons that can be used at the same time would move into the range of the shortest weapon range.

Some of your ideas are good but it is not possible within ZH limitation (this is a mod not entirely new game). There are a lot of things that ZH should have but the mod cannot add, especially command and control stuffs.
CASOJIN

Posted Image

#3415 Guest_Nunya Bisness_*

Guest_Nunya Bisness_*
  • Guests

Posted 31 March 2011 - 03:31 AM

I agree with kkasll on the fact The 20mm vulcan Should obliterate infantry.China infatry general could have fuel air rpg's-like in mercenaries 2.If you can't have austrailia as a faction why not make it un upgrade to usa (Sorry i just love my country and you can't blame me for that).Shouldent carpet bombers drop a rain of low power bombs rather than 8 or so respectably powerful ones.Vicker's trooper for gla assault(Heavy machine gun in world war two-the op shop war with how many damn mid-east country's use things from it-that could slaghter infantry and "Button" vehicles with accurate mg fire)it would make a great Alternate to the quad as quad cannons can't garrison.(King tiger)Today's infantry anti armour would >Damege< but not wound the king-its amour is curved(So some hits bounce off)And Really really thick-so yes while it is slow as hell and got an Average main gun,it is still an exelent tank as i said a great marouder replacement and with salvage you could get a bigger gun thus fixing one weakness,and seriously-if anything the best trate of the tiger is its armour-Infantry anti armour-with the exeption of your nuke rpg the Javilin launcher
And the fuel air rpg-Are no threat-even large quantitys of these things-to the king tiger This is the wiki and please tell me your oppinions so
i can anser and such them ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tiger_II ).And t34/88's as a replacement to scorpions would be good(Terrorist's used them extensivly in operation desert storm).

#3416 Casojin

Casojin

• Project Team
  • 2,121 posts
  •  Thinker

Posted 31 March 2011 - 09:56 AM

This debate can go on and on forever. Just assuming if your King Tiger idea were accepted, who would do the modeling and texturing.

PS:
For academic sake, armor slope forces projectile that fired at it (from horizontal angle) to penetrate thicker amount of armor layer. It could deflect some non-direct hit projectile but not totally bouncing back.

Modern armor utilize composite material layers or explosive to break the penetrator or increase the penetrating distance.

Also, modern infantry AT missile could be utilized kinetic penetrator (very dense and slim rod for increasing momentum), tandem jet penetrator (same mechanic as WW2 Bazooka but it has relatively twice the penetration from double charges to counter ERA). Also, USA in Contra uses Energy weapon (so you can imagine when WW2 arsenal meet futuristic weapons).
CASOJIN

Posted Image

#3417 Guest_nickname_*

Guest_nickname_*
  • Guests

Posted 31 March 2011 - 07:17 PM

haaay

When you are going to finish U.S.A trailer

and 008 mod

#3418 lil tasman

lil tasman

CnC Mapper

• Hosted
  • 903 posts
  •  Contra 008 Wallpapers, Advertising and Maps. Fallout Wars AI Coding, Advertising, and Maps.

Posted 31 March 2011 - 09:09 PM

haaay

When you are going to finish U.S.A trailer

and 008 mod

.............................................................. :)
WOW
.............................................................. :popcorn:
How many times have we said this? Can anybody help me, because I lost track after it reached double digits.

I'm tempted to create a new topic with all progress on Contra mod....

USA Trailer has Airforce and Super weapon Generals parts done, with Laser under-way and then Cyber.

Actual mod............... in Alpha stage of testing and bug fixing.
Amat Victoria Curam

Posted Image

#3419 Guest_ronaldo_*

Guest_ronaldo_*
  • Guests

Posted 31 March 2011 - 09:20 PM

when you will finish U.S.A trailer hahaha joking :)

good luck

#3420 lil tasman

lil tasman

CnC Mapper

• Hosted
  • 903 posts

Posted 31 March 2011 - 09:26 PM

when you will finish U.S.A trailer hahaha joking :)

good luck

Haha. Ronaldo, why do you not make an account? You are an active poster, you should.
Amat Victoria Curam

Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users