haha :)

#3422 ApOcOlYpS

ApOcOlYpS

title available

• Project Team
  • 523 posts
  • Projects:Remix Escalation

Posted 01 April 2011 - 03:51 AM

While it has become a form of running joke, you are in essence spamming the suggestion topic, which isn't helpful in the slightest.

#3423 Guest_Nunya bisness_*

Guest_Nunya bisness_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 April 2011 - 08:44 AM

So the Missle has twice the power of somthing that never dinted the f*cking armour .....So?Being the fact that it is a super heavy tank-not just a heavy like the abrams and marouder,surely it would have enugh armour to go up against an abrams,overlord or marouder (By the way-i reckon you should switch the crusader or paladin for an abrams) actually i take that back:not an overlord-can't do enugh damege.

Ap0c0iyips-i may be spamming a bit but:I have other things in my suggestions as to not be completely spamming , i love king tigers and i will fight for them to be in the game and I only post onceish a week.sorry for posting it here but im desperate:Just got a new 64 bit windows 7 computer-any advice on how to get generals running?.

idea for new flame or support weapon general(If you want to keep the origonal super weps why not make it like the nuke general super nuker):Magma drone-A communications facility for a refitted mining drone that,when activated drills to and under where targeted and makes lava pour out of the ground.

Is it possible to have suicide units not count as lost units if they use there suicide attack

And mabye make virus weapons spread.

#3424 Guest_Nunya bisness_*

Guest_Nunya bisness_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 April 2011 - 09:34 AM

Also for academic sake-ww2 units in the game:Scorpion,Katyusha(Also known as stalins organs)The technicle has a german ww2 gun(Also note that german world war 2 tanks are about ten years ahead of they'r time as they were pioneering technolegy)A10 warthog (Longest serving plane in aviation history)
Quad cannon,Karkadan and desert cruser uses ww1 german tank base,Also here's some stats for you and king tiger had a 3000 metre gun range and abrams has a 3000 metre range(So much for the king tiger being uncomparable)King tiger shell size 88 mm, abrams shell size 120mm (Fact:King Tigers armour has never been penetrated in battle)King tiger:8 rounds per minute,Abrams:6 rounds per minute.King tiger armour 7 inches,abrams armour: around 80mm of steel\depleted uranium mesh(Dont hold me to that one:armour thickness Is classified and I had to estimate)Secondary armerment King tiger:3X 7.92 mm machine guns(One on the hull one on the turret and one on top)Abrams:1X 12.7 mm mg and 2x 7.62 mm mg. D*mn near equal i say.

#3425 Casojin

Casojin

Democracy not Dictatorship

• Project Team
  • 2,121 posts
  •  Thinker

Posted 01 April 2011 - 02:58 PM

008 is almost done (except for campaign and some balance adjustment). A new unit, which has no model yet, would take considerable more time to be done. With current time limit and Creator availability, Contra could have been delayed more.
CASOJIN

Posted Image

#3426 Su8perkillr

Su8perkillr

Capslockers are attention whores.

• Members
  • 722 posts
  • Projects:Losing the game
  •  Why cant this be red :(

Posted 01 April 2011 - 05:05 PM

So the Missile has twice the power of something that has never dented the fcking armour .....So? Being the fact that it is a super heavy tank-not just a heavy like the abrams and marauder,surely it would have enough armour to go up against an abrams, overlord or marauder (By the way-I reckon you should switch the crusader or paladin for an abrams) actually I take that back: not an overlord-can't do enugh damage.

Ap0c0iyips-I may be spamming a bit but: I have other things in my suggestions as to not be completely spamming , I love king tigers and I will fight for them to be in the game and I only post once a week. Sorry for posting it here but I'm desperate: Just got a new 64 bit windows 7 computer-any advice on how to get generals running?.

Idea for new flame or support weapon general (If you want to keep the original super weapons why not make it like the nuke general super nuker):Magma drone-A communications facility for a refitted mining drone that,when activated drills to and under where targeted and makes lava pour out of the ground.

Is it possible to have suicide units not count as lost units if they use there suicide attack

And mabye make virus weapons spread.

1st Idea: much like.. Seen it there seen it here, oh and there I saw it... Yeah, weve seen that in about 84 mods I think.
2nd Idea: Magma drone? Lol? Ever heard of fcking hard to code?

Also for academic sake-WW2 units in the game:Scorpion,Katyusha (Also known as Stalins organs)
The technical has a German ww2 gun(Also note that german world war 2 tanks are about ten years ahead of they'r time as they were pioneering technology)
A10 Warthog (Longest serving plane in aviation history)
Quad cannon, Karkadan and Desert Cruiser uses ww1 german tank base, Also here's some stats for you and king tiger had a 3000 metre gun range and abrams has a 3000 metre range(So much for the king tiger being uncomparable)King tiger shell size 88 mm, abrams shell size 120mm (Fact:King Tigers armour has never been penetrated in battle)King tiger:8 rounds per minute,Abrams:6 rounds per minute.King tiger armour 7 inches,abrams armour: around 80mm of steel\depleted uranium mesh(Dont hold me to that one:armour thickness Is classified and I had to estimate)Secondary armerment King tiger:3X 7.92 mm machine guns(One on the hull one on the turret and one on top)Abrams:1X 12.7 mm mg and 2x 7.62 mm mg. D*mn near equal i say.

Good. Lol. Differences:
Abrams > DU penetrator shells
Abrams > Compatible with new shells

King tiger > Old metal shells > same story as one below
King tiger > Steel armor > MUCH lower density than DU (difference that might be as big as 2 times as high) thus the armor doesnt matter.
Machineguns do not matter in-game.

P.S. I removed you grammar errors!
Posted Image
Posted Image

its like a big ball of tesla troopers firing on down below, but cant attack structures. ION STORM :D

#3427 Guest_Nunya bisness_*

Guest_Nunya bisness_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 April 2011 - 06:45 AM

Mabye you are right but still-if scorpion can(If used right)go against a crusader then why do people say the king sucks-it is a very good tank and stealthed with camo netting.

#3428 Guest_Nunya bisness_*

Guest_Nunya bisness_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 April 2011 - 06:55 AM

And actually it has Tungsten armour-400 mms at thickest point

#3429 ApOcOlYpS

ApOcOlYpS

title available

• Project Team
  • 523 posts
  • Projects:Remix Escalation

Posted 02 April 2011 - 03:30 PM

Again, the question is "why include it?" Same for the Abrams and the magma drone:

Tiger: It isn't necessary. You're asking for GLA to have a super heavy tank. It doesn't fit with demo general because he uses explosives and suicide units. It doesn't fit with assault general because he already has a large tank yet specializes in artillery. It doesn't fit with stealth general because, camo-netting asside, the King Tiger is not stealthy, nor does it fill the roll of weak hit & run. And it doesn't fit with Toxin general because it isn't poison related. There's no place it really fits. In addition, why go for realism? C&C: Generals is not a completely realistic game (as in the units don't necessarily exist, such as the VTOL jets AFG has, or the Avenger, or all of laser general). As for superiority, the Tiger was one of the slower tanks of WWII. I doubt it could keep up with current tanks. Going with that, I doubt the turret turn rate is as quick, so contemporary tanks likely could literally run rings around it. Also the A10 was not a WWII plane. Also you make a point with your post about the old weapons used by the GLA, but there's a reason why: They're cheap and easy to get. A Katyusha is just a truck with rocket rails on the back. A technical is a pickup with a machine gun. A scorpion is probably the easiest tank to piece together. A Quad cannon is a truck with 4 guns on the back. The point is, all of GLA has a ramshackle and pieced together look/feel. Where are you going to get a King Tiger from? I doubt there are many laying around, and they are NOT easy to build, nor easy to maintain similar to any of Germany's WWII inventions. It simply doesn't fit.

Abrams: You want the model and skin included, simply to have it included. There's no reason to change the crusader to an Abrams model at all, unless you're doing a realism mod (I know of a few) where you add Bradleys as well.

Magma drone: Who does it go with? Nuke is NOT a super weapon general, and to replace his nukes wouldn't fit. Tank and Infantry are similarly not super weapon generals, and so shouldn't really have anything interesting (I like the para drop relays in Remix though). Flame it could fit because it's just a super hot substance. However, I would agree that it'd be too hard to code: Do you want flowing magma over the terrain (which not only do I not think is possible, but terrain is mostly flat, so it's rather meaningless)? Or would it work like a super slow nuclear explosion? Does it basically destroy everything it touches, or do the same amount of damage as any other normal super weapon? How large of an area? What recharge time based on the damage it does? You need to ask yourself these questions. Personally I like the atmospheric lens idea more, though I think it was implemented poorly so far (will like to see how well it works in the next version).

#3430 Guest_Ronaldo_*

Guest_Ronaldo_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 April 2011 - 05:06 PM

sometimes when an artillery is firing at a target it will remain in the same location even if i order it to move or attack

will you fix it please ;) hahaha

#3431 gundamwen

gundamwen

Just try it.

• Project Team
  • 424 posts
  • Projects:Contra 008 Chinese voice (Done for now)

Posted 02 April 2011 - 06:40 PM

sometimes when an artillery is firing at a target it will remain in the same location even if i order it to move or attack

will you fix it please ;) hahaha

I have seen the same problem myself, when i told them to leave, some of them will stay and keep aiming at enemy, it is pretty annoying, i hope this will be fixed. :p
Posted Image

#3432 Su8perkillr

Su8perkillr

Capslockers are attention whores.

• Members
  • 722 posts
  • Projects:Losing the game
  •  Why cant this be red :(

Posted 03 April 2011 - 08:45 AM

YEa I know that bug too, arty sometimes doesnt want to move because it can still target an enemy :S
Posted Image
Posted Image

its like a big ball of tesla troopers firing on down below, but cant attack structures. ION STORM :D

#3433 DesertRose

DesertRose
  • Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 03 April 2011 - 10:05 AM

1. Assault TC with no infantry was tested and it is very annoying when you're trying to build up a large force. It would be better if there are variety of options how to load the TC (but it's not easy to code).
2. 'Attack with secondary' can be coded but not as you want due to ZH limitation. Currently, Creator implemented weapon selection to let the player choose between primary and secondary weapons (reducing micro).

1. Or, the Assault TC doesn't get produced with all seats secured, e.g. it comes with 2 Red Guards and 2 Nuke Tank Hunters; the Assault TC could still be easily massed, and would be easier and comfortable to adjust.
2. I don't see how this change would reduce micro, it looks like it would have the exact opposite effect; not that I mind though, Generals has way too much execution taxes and too less enjoyable micro.

About the bug with artillery: Spam Stop, Move, and Attack; I haven't figured out what exactly makes them controlable again, but some kind of combinations of these actions do.

Edited by DesertRose, 03 April 2011 - 10:06 AM.

#3434 Casojin

Casojin

• Project Team
  • 2,121 posts
  •  Thinker

Posted 04 April 2011 - 01:49 AM

Artillery bug has something to do with stop-to-fire code and auto-engage. I'm not sure what happen exactly but here is my observation.
- As long as there is enemy in range, they will not listen to your command. They will continue to shoot them.
- Due to some error, they just entrenched themselves when they're in this mode.
- Pressing stop once the enemy is out of range would make it lower the weapon.
- Once the weapon is lowered, it will be able to move again.
CASOJIN

Posted Image

#3435 gundamwen

gundamwen

Just try it.

• Project Team
  • 424 posts
  • Projects:Contra 008 Chinese voice (Done for now)

Posted 04 April 2011 - 02:55 AM

Sometime when they can move, they are in enemy's range and being shot at then.....you know, dead. ;)
Posted Image

#3436 Guest_Ronaldo_*

Guest_Ronaldo_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 April 2011 - 07:39 PM

Air-force general only

Why don't you make B-2 Spirit drop the MOAB and Carper Bomb

#3437 Guest_ronaldo_*

Guest_ronaldo_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 April 2011 - 07:39 PM

i mean carpet bomb

#3438 Casojin

Casojin

• Project Team
  • 2,121 posts
  •  Thinker

Posted 05 April 2011 - 02:01 AM

B2 in Contra is actually stealth, I think it should still retain some balance by letting people see and target it (but Strategic Bombing still uses B2s and they drop cluster MOAB once upgraded).
CASOJIN

Posted Image

#3439 Creator

Creator

The cat

• Hosted
  • 3,632 posts
  • Projects:Contra

Posted 05 April 2011 - 01:47 PM

robot general particle cannon is weak it destroy only a single war factory and it is finished cant you change it because i always have to build 5 but when i play with china only two nuclear missile i build and it have also radiation so try to change it please

Experienced players use super weapons against enemy units and defenses and attack immediately after super weapon strike or during the strike.

Pavelow will be in trailer, and the Pavelow is available at rank 1. It is basically artillery helicopter, and has the same missiles as the F-16XL in 007. But, the F-16XL in 008 will drop EMP bombs, not artillery, for balance.

Final decision about F-16 is not made yet. Many players ask to leave it with no changes. So, AF general will likely have 2 artillery units at rank 1.

I would like to suggest to balance the supply airport, what send you vehicles or infantry, when you capture it..when you are playing fro GLA demolition general it will send you 3x suicide motocycle+ 3x bomb truck ( you can get these vehicles even if they are available on 3rd rank and you are on 1st rank, what is very unbalanced).

It is known issue and I fixed it. I just did not announce this fix. Contra 008 will not have this problem any more.

Suggestions :

1)As mentioned here before i thing all super units should be EMP resistant , 1 tomahawk missile with EMP upgrade from SW GEN. defenses takes down up to 3 super units.
2)Super unit for SW-GEN. A unit that shoots tomahawk missiles (cluster,emp,explodes),which have Avenger's air defense,lasers counter missiles attack ETC...
3)AirForce GEN. equipped with planes that can target soldiers with efficiency (20 mm volcan), i know there are choppers for that.
4)If idea 3 Fails...then perhaps a larger verity of Helicopters with designated assignments (tank killer ,infantry , buildings/bunker busters).
5)Replacing the Atmospheric Lenz with A Napalm missile(like nuke missile),i personally hate current Flames super weapon.
6)Infantry Gen. Create a commando squad (tank killers ,bombers/engineers[mine clearing] ,snipers , assault )that can climb trees mountains cross water and so on.(rank5 Paradrop)

1) Done
2) Still under question. She has her unique play style and super unit can break the gameplay.
3) There are helicopters for this.
4) Does not fit her gameplay.
5) Atmospheric Lenz will be homing now. It will track vehicles and move from building to building destroying targets one after another. New Lenz has been implemented already. I tested it at home and I can say that it became really deadly.
6) Rank 3 paradrop in combination with cloning and frenzy works perfect.

This debate can go on and on forever. Just assuming if your King Tiger idea were accepted, who would do the modeling and texturing.

Will not be accepted.

Edited by Creator, 05 April 2011 - 01:49 PM.

#3440 Casojin

Casojin

• Project Team
  • 2,121 posts
  •  Thinker

Posted 05 April 2011 - 03:26 PM

Pavelow will be in trailer, and the Pavelow is available at rank 1. It is basically artillery helicopter, and has the same missiles as the F-16XL in 007. But, the F-16XL in 008 will drop EMP bombs, not artillery, for balance.

Final decision about F-16 is not made yet. Many players ask to leave it with no changes. So, AF general will likely have 2 artillery units at rank 1.

Maybe we can have both. F-16XL artillery jet and other EMP bomber.
CASOJIN

Posted Image

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users