Suggestions

• Please log in to reply
3930 replies to this topic

#3901 Legion2012

Legion2012
  • Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 20 December 2015 - 03:11 AM

First of all, tks for the hard work. This mod is really awesome.

Now to some suggestions:

1- AirForce General Powers need more reinforments like Advanced Helis or Planes

2- Nuclear General need bunker upgrade in Helix or Overlord

3- Flame General Overlord is too weak for using  flamethrower

4-Improve all China Generals air interceptors planes, cost too much and cant accomplish their role

Tks again and keep n up

Edited by Legion2012, 24 December 2015 - 06:02 AM.

#3902 predator_bg

predator_bg

The predator

• Hosted
  • 2,435 posts
  • Projects:Contra

Posted 24 December 2015 - 10:38 AM

First of all, tks for the hard work. This mod is really awesome.

Now to some suggestions:

1- AirForce General Powers need more reinforments like Advanced Helis or Planes

2- Nuclear General need bunker upgrade in Helix or Overlord

3- Flame General Overlord is too weak for using  flamethrower

4-Improve all China Generals air interceptors planes, cost too much and cant accomplish their role

Tks again and keep n up

1. Comanche drop is enough. We must not allow the player to fill the sky with reinforcements in three different locations of the map.

2. Bunker combined with Nuclear Tank Hunters will be overpowered.

3. Immolator is very powerful vs. infantry and structures. He has bunker and dragon tail addons vs. tanks. Of course, it must not excel against all targets over the Overlord.

4. Cost may seem high if you build a lot of them, but I disagree that they can't accomplish their role. One missile takes down a small plane or a Comanche.

#3903 Alessia

Alessia
  • Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 15 January 2016 - 02:59 PM

So after playing 009 beta for awhile I've still come across the same thing.

My  AI  allies suck at the basic level of difficulty i did a full on america vs China match  and my Ai allies completly got stomped....

AI still builds in my base i dunno if this is a map thing or  a mod thing.

I still feel the Cybernetics/robot general is underpreforming.

1. The Raven has no missles only a machine gun

2. The track hound and it's cousin the guardian just feel lacking in power (I'm also a little disliking of the current sentry based modles but that's a littel tiny thing)

3. Drones still seem a bit... weak.

My suggestions:

1.Fix the Raven's missles.

2.change the model of the track hound and guardian droids to small walking robots to give the Cyber general a new feel seprate from the old sentry drone.

(That or add special units for the cyber general that are walkers and allow the walkers to be like the crab/burton (able to scale cliffs and such.

3.Cyber generals drone armor upgrade gives drones 50% instead of 25% (let's keep it balanced)

4.Make the cyber generals infantry a little tougher (more resistant to fire?)

5.Give the robotic general a new air unit in place of the large gunship it's nice but why does one general need two super units?) Or just add another one

6. Cyber generals Drones attack is 25-50% higher than  normal (after upgrade?)

7. Cyber general new power revovlving around the mosquito drones. (replaces old a-10 strike)

Rank 1: 5 mosquito drones spawn and randomly attack enemies in the area stinging infantry and vehicles and  attacking buildings with lasers

rank 2; 10 mosquito drones

rank 3; 20 mosquito drones.

8. Cyborg sniper (requires general rank 4) just the cyborg style  of the sniper with a laser sniper rifle?

Optional(these are just little things i find a bit annoying ,but require either a lot of work on models or somthing else that are more of a  pet peeve than something that's imporant)

a: More special robotic models for the general that are Like the Lancer.(to give the general that robotic feel without going way out like the spider or crab)

b: Better model for the seraphim (I know I'm picky so what)

c. Multi role Drone controller: The drone controller no longer just spits out one type of drone you now upgrade it to spit out certain types of drones

option one; anti -infantry two:Anti-tank three:All purpose(generally effective vs all but not good at either good vs buildings)

d. new upgrade for the lancer that gives it 2 machine guns for defense (effective vs infantry)

8. Can we get the sell building button back pwease?!

Overall I really enjoy the mod, I know it's a constant thing to update mods make models and stuff like that, so  despite my complaints  I want to say Great job with what you have done so far i really really hope to see much more out of this mod in the future.

I at least hope you take my suggestions into consideration, and keep the game balanced with or without taking any of my suggestions. I understand some things i may suggest may be outragous ,but yeah.

Edited by Alessia, 15 January 2016 - 03:18 PM.

#3904 predator_bg

predator_bg

The predator

• Hosted
  • 2,435 posts

Posted 22 January 2016 - 12:07 PM

AI will build a Supply Center and defense structures around supply sources no matter if it's in your base or not. It's always been a thing in Generals. Raven fires its missiles only on aircraft intentionally. We discussed about cyber models. It is very likely for cyber to get more walkers. Selling buildings is only possible for SW defenses. Black Lotus never had a chance of taking control of a captured building because of the sell function. And one more thing. It prevented players from destroying buildings and getting rewarded with experience. The enemy would sell many of his buildings. Ranking up means a lot in Contra.

#3905 Alessia

Alessia
  • Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 30 January 2016 - 06:57 AM

So why does the raven not have anti ground missles then?

#3906 predator_bg

predator_bg

The predator

• Hosted
  • 2,435 posts

Posted 30 January 2016 - 11:59 AM

So why does the raven not have anti ground missles then?

It was a concept decision for Raven to use missiles vs. air and cannon vs. ground. Like interceptors only launch their missiles at aircraft.

Edited by predator_bg, 30 January 2016 - 12:00 PM.

#3907 Treble

Treble
  • Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 08 February 2016 - 03:19 AM

I tried to play Contra 009 Beta. But my Zero Hour is from "The First Decade" and I can't play 009 Beta.

Could you please fix the problem?

Is Mosquito is a ranged or melee unit? And is it flying or ground unit?

I am very missed the Gatling Arsenal. I thought they are the trade mark for Infantry General. Why did you remove them?

What about Dragon Tank? does he will have Patria style? does it fires flame grenade just like the old one?

Is anti tank troop crawler's fire power and armor match with vanilla battle master or it is cheaper and weaker?

Is Attack Outpost will be changed (or removed)? And will have 6 sit places just as mentioned in the game?

So Dragon Tail upgrade shoots Lava Shells, so is it visually similar to Irradiator Tank's projectile?

#3908 predator_bg

predator_bg

The predator

• Hosted
  • 2,435 posts

Posted 08 February 2016 - 12:45 PM

I tried to play Contra 009 Beta. But my Zero Hour is from "The First Decade" and I can't play 009 Beta.

Could you please fix the problem?

Is Mosquito is a ranged or melee unit? And is it flying or ground unit?

I am very missed the Gatling Arsenal. I thought they are the trade mark for Infantry General. Why did you remove them?

What about Dragon Tank? does he will have Patria style? does it fires flame grenade just like the old one?

Is anti tank troop crawler's fire power and armor match with vanilla battle master or it is cheaper and weaker?

Is Attack Outpost will be changed (or removed)? And will have 6 sit places just as mentioned in the game?

So Dragon Tail upgrade shoots Lava Shells, so is it visually similar to Irradiator Tank's projectile?

I recently installed Contra on "The First Decade" and it ran successfully. Did you put all files in "Command & Conquer™ Generals Zero Hour", but NOT in "Command & Conquer The First Decade"?

Mosquito is a flying ranged unit.

We have chosen the Patria AMV for new crawlers concept. Our modeller wanted to give infantry general an authentic and modern design for his new troop crawlers. In fact, it was not just a visual change. The new Patria-based crawlers have different statistics. Gatling Troop Crawler was overpowered vs. infantry and aircraft. While a mounted gatling cannon may have been possible by design, it doesn't hurt to have an MG instead. It fits Patria more. Look at some cybernetic units. They use lasers even though they are not property of Laser general.

Dragon Tank stays the same.

AT Troop Crawler's weapon deals less damage than Battlemaster and costs $1000, but has three slots for infantry to shoot from inside.

Attack Outpost has 4 sitplaces like before. I don't remember seeing any mentions about 6 sitplaces in game. There are no plans of changing or removing this unit.

No, Lava does not look very similar. The projectile looks like a fire ball.

Edited by predator_bg, 08 February 2016 - 12:46 PM.

#3909 B.kano

B.kano
  • Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 11 February 2016 - 10:03 PM

The mod is pretty awesome guys and I'm enjoying it with my friends, keep up the hard work.

Questions:
1.why the demolition Gen. Luna has the demolitions upgrade does it give it a kind of firepower ?
2.why destroyed aircrafts don't bring damage when they fall on the ground anymore ?! This should be back !
3.why did you remove the command truck's weapon ?!
4.when will you start working on the next version ?
5.sorry about my curiosity but why the creator is missing ? Is he sick or something ? Is he going to work anymore ?

Suggestions:
1.some of the super units have special abilities but not all of them, I'm looking forward to see a special ability for each super unit.

2.I suggest that ranking up requires much more experience, in order not to be at 3rd rank from the first battle !

And I have for you a bug with the hijacker biker; he get stuck when ordered to hijack a vehicle.

More is coming, thanks for reading...
LONG LIFE CONTRA !

#3910 predator_bg

predator_bg

The predator

• Hosted
  • 2,435 posts

Posted 12 February 2016 - 04:12 PM

The mod is pretty awesome guys and I'm enjoying it with my friends, keep up the hard work.

Questions:
1.why the demolition Gen. Luna has the demolitions upgrade does it give it a kind of firepower ?
2.why destroyed aircrafts don't bring damage when they fall on the ground anymore ?! This should be back !
3.why did you remove the command truck's weapon ?!
4.when will you start working on the next version ?
5.sorry about my curiosity but why the creator is missing ? Is he sick or something ? Is he going to work anymore ?

Suggestions:
1.some of the super units have special abilities but not all of them, I'm looking forward to see a special ability for each super unit.

2.I suggest that ranking up requires much more experience, in order not to be at 3rd rank from the first battle !

And I have for you a bug with the hijacker biker; he get stuck when ordered to hijack a vehicle.

More is coming, thanks for reading...
LONG LIFE CONTRA !

Demolitions upgrade makes units explode on death and bring damage. Destroyed aircraft used to destroy building scaffoldings at 0%, which happened unintentionally and was very annoying. Command Truck weapon was a very minor upgrade, so we removed it to free one upgrade slot (there is a limit in Generals). Next version is already being worked on. Creator left the project and will probably never return.

Experience required to rank up was decreased on purpose. Many times the game ended very soon (in multiplayer) and players were not given a chance to play with higher tier units most of the time. The bug with Hijacker Biker is known to us.

#3911 B.kano

B.kano
  • Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 10 March 2016 - 01:46 PM

Can you insert the generals' taunts for multiplayer ?

I think that after upgrading the nuke general's nuclear missile with "Improved MIRV" the timer should be increased by 2-3 mins (and requires additional power: 5) would be great, thus the player decides depending on the tactic which he's playing on,, as well as for balance cases. What do you think ??

#3912 WarHog

WarHog
  • New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 11 May 2016 - 03:21 PM

I suggest making a new model for Cybernetics general's War Factory and Airfield, because as you know the robots  general should have a futuristic style in units and buildings. And another reason that when the Seraph mecha come out of the war factory ,considering his height, it looks that he breaks the roof of the war factory and it looks buggy and unrealistic.

#3913 UsernameUsername

UsernameUsername
  • Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 02 October 2016 - 02:48 PM

Hi. Some of this is just for summary, most is new.

I've got questions:

-Is it possible to set a GPS Scrambler cooldown depending on how many units were affected by the effect ? Asking because this would allow less clunky gameplay. Less clunky means not having to wait for a whole bunch of units to fit in and place around a tunnel entrance / exit but being able to play with a dynamic GPS Scrambler cooldown for getting rid of the either waste potential or wait a lot issue.
-Is it possible to have base defense that uses vehicles as garissoned units ? Stealth general could need that to fix his weak, not well working base defense. His base defense is expensive, yet incapable of stopping most units aka doesn't do it's job.

--Stealth General--

Generic issues:
I think the Stealth General would work better if all of his basic buildings (basic = those that require neither rank 3 or higher and neither a Palace) had innate stealth. That'd allow him to actually construct buildings near enemy bases unseen. A Jammer Station research could enable such innate building stealth also for any non-basic building.

All the basic units shouldn't waste the GPS Scrambler but get a camo net upgrade, just like the Radar Van for the other GLA factions to receive stealth. Non-basic units would still require a GPS Scrambler.
Maybe it's possible to grants units a "Remove Stealth" upgrade that gets rid of one type of stealth to install another as each unit can only benefit from one type of stealth, maybe it's not possible.

There should be 2 versions of the GPS Scrambler:
1) working as currently: attacking reveals, taking damage doesn't -> via regular GPS Scrambler
2) attacking doesn't reveal, taking damage does (Hazael version) -> via Jarmen Kell GPS Scrambler; this type of stealth would be extremely useful for escaping with stolen vehicles who have a turret and lack a "Hold Fire" option so that the enemy can chase and eventually kill them while they don't stop attacking anything in range

Contamination is a huge problem for the GLA as it lacks a specialized unit to deal with this but even more so for the Stealth General because of all the low health vehicles he uses and because it breaks their stealth.
It'd be ideal if GLA workers could get an upgrade that'd enable them to use a contamination cleanup weapon while also receiving minor selfheal and at least so much resistance to contamination that they can deal with it without dying if a Command Truck supports them. Preferably at rank 3 after an upgrade for them.

Stealth detection of infantry should work different: Only generic combat infantry and snipers should be capable of detecting stealthed infantry across all factions (edit: I should clarify "snipers": Jarmen Kell, Assassins and Pathfinders.). That would make stealth infantry far more useful for surprise attacks. This detection should also be active for units inside a transport to still be able to face a faction with snipers as a faction with none.

Money-wise maybe design that general so that he's more bounty based ?

As base defense I'd like to see the Sniper and Stinger Sites removed. They just don't work. The buildings can easily be destroyed and the soldiers of these buildings are affected by radiation, toxins, fire, snipers, microwave tanks, ecm tanks and completely incapable of dealing with heavy units as well as any kind of siege units. If vehicle garisson works replace these sites with fortified vehicle defense structures that completely protect the vehicle inside from all harm until destroyed and allow the vehicle to fire at targets from inside.

The Fake Units need some overhaul. Some of them show upgrades the Stealth General doesn't use, none of them show any upgrades as they've been researched, none of them appear as veterans or better after being spawned, some of them are capable of collecting supply crates and interacting with salvage create, (I think, not sure anymore. Maybe it was the other way around.) while they shouldn't be capable of that. Is it possible to grant them 0 damage fake attacks, maybe EMP type ones with a 0 value (wonder how mines react there) ?

Small patches of long lasting effect EMP mines would help defending the base, maybe spawned by the anti mine vehicle.

The Stealth General's Tunnel entrance spawned by General Power should be able, just like any of his buildings, to receive stealth.

Idea to replace the rank 5 power of the toxin plane for Stealth General (as he doesn't need that most often because it's weak and neither it nor the effect receive any upgrades): System Hack. Globally disalbes all factories, General powers and superweapons of all enemies of the player using this special power. Lasts 15-30s (design decision) -> allows to buy precious time when facing enemies with multiple super weapons and to push into an enemy base without fearing freshly produced units for some time.

Hazael:
Main issues:
-costs 5000 $, same as the Airforce General's Wyvern super bomer yet is worse in everything except for stealth detection
-can easily be overrun by vehicles due to the long reload time
-is mediocre to good against vehicles, good against infantry, mediocre to bad against base structures, useless against air units, overall too weak for a super unit
-performs extremely poor against structures, even if it's base defense
-can't remove mines on it's own so after detection them the Hazael has to wait for another unit to come and clear the minefield or ground attack bit per bit, taking some time and micromanagement; demo traps = fake unit = no problem though
-the Junk Repair upgrade on this unit has such a minor effect that it takes multiple mintues to repair it from heavy damage and sabotages that unit's "on the field" playstyle; thus should be buffed in it's effect

Suggestions:
-remove the sniper gun, add a "Hold Fire" option
-add 4 seats for infantry passengers, allow passengers to attack other targets -> 1x Assassin = good against infantry again, 3-4x RPG Trooper = not that easily overrun by heavy tanks and bomb trucks anymore
-also with "Hold Fire" for the Hazael and it's passengers this unit can be used to stealth-transport infantry across the battlefield
-eventually add a personal anti-mine field or immunity to mines to be able to actually infiltrate an enemy base (infantry inside may still step in some mines on exiting the vehicle then, though)
-either improve the Hazael's rate of fire or allow salvage crates to upgrade it's main gun
-eventually keep the Hazael stealthed at all times, so that this unit requires the enemy to use detectors or attack the ground / area

Scorpion Tanks:
Main issues:
-easily destroyed, even at elite level
-slow and no speed upgrade in exchange for the missing Scorpion Rocket upgrade
-lot's of wasted damage by overkill on an enemy target, after that forced retreat due to long reload time
-different reload times per weapon upgrade stage forces units ready to attack to wait for those with stronger weapon versions which have even longer reload times if they're required for an ambush; thus stronger weapon means the Stealth General may burst kill a target but pays in time for that

Suggestions:
-would like them to gain some armor upgrade at rank 3 when the other Generals get better tanks, eventually along with the Junk Repair upgrade; at some point something tanky is needed and Stealth General has nothing tanky but the Hazael and that requires rank 5; air units, suicide units and anything anti tank can still deal with them nevertheless
-some extra speed would be nice to be able to travel around enemy positions faster and start flanking attacks, eventually at rank 3, eventually minor right from the start and major at rank 3 and / or after an upgrade
-for generic tank-to-tank battles without any ambush intend a tertiary attack option should be available right from the start which simply attacks at a rate similar to other generic tanks and their dps; it's the best solution to fix the overkill + waiting for reload + getting killed or base gets destroyed in the meantime issue
-it'd be nice if Scorpion tanks could transport 1 infantry unit inside which spawns with ~20% remaining health if the tank was destroyed and cannot attack from inside; would make it somewhat less predictable for the enemy what kind of force he'll fight; maybe that should be limited to certain types of infantry, too
-placeholder: dummy weapon for hold fire should use the original weapon's data but without trying to attack anything so that turret aiming is possible without losing stealth; got that working without dropping stealth, forgot how, had to do with China Overlord tanks
-the weapon with the high damage and long reload time needs a static reload time across all of it's upgrade stages so that units with different upgrade stages don't constantly have to wait for the unit with the highest reload time but so that all share the same reload time

Jarmen Kell:
Jarmen Kell should be further redesigned. He should be able to detect mines and demo traps, just like Burton does. Sandstorm is nice for a start. It'd be nice if the infantry he spawns was somewhat mixed instead of just getting basic attack infantry. 1 Saboteur, 1 Hijacker, 2 Terrorists and 2 RPG and 1 shotgun infantry would be nice. "Snipe Power Link" should be capable of also detonating all mines around the targeted buildings so that infantry could pass by the affected building. His GPS Scrambler should also become a globally usable ability to reduce clunky gameplay.

Mortar Buggies:
Because of the lack of long range siege units it'd be nice if Mortar Buggies would get a tertiary attack firing 3 shots in a row at 3 times the regular reload time after that for hit and run, either initially available or after their research.

Basic shotgun infantry:
They often harm other shotgun infantry due to the area effect and their low weapon range makes it easy for enemy vehicles to crush them. Recommend increasing their range to two third of that of regular infantry.

Mortar Buggies, Elbrus Launcher:
Because of the lack of siege options for the Stealth General and the lack of upgrade options by the Elbrus Launcher I though: Maybe turn his globally usable Scud units into actually usable siege units supported by Elbrus Launcher upgrades to be capable of dealing not just toxic damage but to also switch between toxic and explosive [and with the Jammer Station another toggle for EMP] missiles ? Just an idea, as this general doesn't really need toxins. They don't benefit him. If there's still no siege unit capable of dealing with rank 3 defense at rank 5 the Elbrus Launcher should get an upgrade for the Mortar Buggies that increases their range enough to not be within range of rank 3 defense anymore (unless it's siege type defense like Tank General's) and makes them deal a lot more damage to defense structures.

Assassins:
These are weird. They're good against infantry and light vehicles so exactly that what you won't need most of the time. Also they can kill a vehicle driver after shooting a vehicle down to red hitpoints which isn't needed at all because if I want a specific vehicle I'll either use Jarmen Kell or a Hijacker. What's actually needed is a siege option to pierce the wall of fortification around any enemy base. Is it possible to grants them a target marker so that Mortar Buggies get some extra range or damage when attacking the marked target / area ? Otherwise I'd rather like them to have a weapon toggle between sniper rifle and EMP beam because that's what actually works as counter against Overlord class tanks and would help me to shut down China's ECM tanks which divert my Rocket Buggys', RPG Troopers' and Stinger Sites' missiles. Biker versions can stay with just snipe but should maybe get infantry-only snipe and an actual "Kill Driver" 1.4x cooldown effect instead of being required to shoot at Overlord tanks down with bullets (at least let them benefit from the AP Bullets upgrade then). Also because they're slow and vulnerable as infantry I'd like their infantry version to stay stealthed while moving as Biker Assassins + GPS Scrambler can be fast and stealthed while moving.

Jammer Station:
I'd like to get that building's effect usable across the map just like any other special ability. It's clunky and doesn't help most of the time that it's forced around the buildings. Maybe the Assassins could get their EMP beam from an upgrade here.

Gun Buggy:
Speed: Wonderful. Sight range: Wonderful. Jammer: Wonderful. Everything else: This just doesn't work. It's a good unit for guarding and maybe surprising an enemy but it's constantly doomed and thus doesn't work. Maybe remove the passenger seats and give them to the Radar Van for in turn allowing that unit to remain stealthed while moving. It just can't deal with any damage, not even area contamination. Also standing still is the last thing you want to do in any battle. I'd like to keep this unit as anti capture guard and aircraft attack blocker that it is but not as paper bunker that isn't even immune against toxin puddles spilled by any killed GLA toxin tractor version.

Stationary anti detector defense building (Azarakhsh, i think):
Needs either innate or after upgrade to be able to redirect it's anti-detector rocket to other detectors close by, just like the Frog Missile upgrade for the Airforce General so that multiple of these structures don't waste all their shots on the first in range target. Also the rocket height and flying arc needs to be high enough to bypass generic buildings (or not, design decision).

For one of the Stealth General's weaknesses I'd like his Radar Vans to be incapable of detecting stealthed infantry while his shotgun wielding infantry and Assassins would be capable of that. Would make them base guards, add a characteristic weakness to that General (Burton, Lotus, any stealth infantry can invade without guards) and give the basic infantry a role later on in the game aside from capturing.

Demotraps:
An upgrade that adds a weapon choice would be nice: Either regular area blast (current blast area) or specific anti vehicle blast (far smaller blast area but far stronger vs vehicles and heavy vehicles).

Rocket Buggies:
Tertiary weapon selection for a Katyusha-like rocket scatter when attacking (but far less of an area covered, just minor rocket scatter, just so it's not all overkill damage on a single target) would be nice because of the huge amount of damage that these waste on a single unit when multiple targets within range exist.

Bomb Truck:
It'd be insanely helpful if those would get an upgrade to become immune to mines, most likely even OP, if there's a lack of sensors and defense.

Command Truck:
I think that one needs a different type of armor across all factions. It mustn't be that a single airstrike can get rid of multiple of these. They also suffer too much from any form of contamination. That amount needs to be reduced, it's just absurdely high. For Stealth General I'd also like these to be able to train all types of infantry units so that one camo-netted Command Truck (if that idea makes it) could help resupply the front lines with Hijackers and Saboteurs without having to micromanage the tunnel networks all the time or being reliant on base structures (other than as building requirement that needs to be fulfilled). This would improve infantry mobility and help restocking the front lines as well as with flanking. Eventually Command Trucks should be 8 passenger transports, too.

Saboteur:
Money stolen from enemies pretty much isn't really worth it. At least I think so. It's only a very tiny amount for sneaking into one of the enemie's usually heavily defended buildings. Maybe increase the value or allow a constant drain.

Edited by UsernameUsername, 12 October 2016 - 12:46 PM.

#3914 UsernameUsername

UsernameUsername
  • Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 04 October 2016 - 05:53 PM

--Airforce General--

Issues, thoughts:
-Sentinel Drones seem to get stuck or not to move where ordered to at times; they're the only units in the game with which I often had that issue so far
-the Airforce General has too many bombers: F16, Aurora, Chimera, Wyvern; F16 is relevant because Airforce lacks any siege vehicles and it's cheap but useless if there's enough money because it offers nothing of value for lategame; Aurora is ok but I kinda wish it could gain a different attack mode from research or General science; Chimera is balanced but obsolete if there's enough money at rank 5 because the Wvyern does everything the Chimera does faster, better and more secure; also the Chimera is slow, has low health and takes an eternity to reload; the Wyvern is overpowered in my opinion as it can destroy a whole bunch of units and buildings in a single attack with little to no risk and is pretty much unstopable due to stealth, Aurora-Bomber-like attack mode, good speed after attacking and lot's of health
-the F16 needs anything to stay relevant in the late game; maybe use Col. Burton as target marker for extending the unit's (and Pave Low's) range instead of calling in other aircraft himself; or turn it into a defense-enhancing unit by allowing it to deploy minefields; or turn it into a base structure and ground unit support unit by allowing it to deploy a repair area effect for some time at the targeted area; or add some sensors to it that detect stealth buildings; or add stealth to them

-F16 bombers may be too strong against defense right from the start, as 2 of these can destroy a single defense structure instantly; the only reasons to use them in the late game are because they're cheap and can deal well with defense but aside from that they're completely replaceable; so they should get something at rank 3-5 that keeps them relevant aside from their low price; Maybe they could serve as secondary anti vehicle fighters aside from the F18 that start with 25% damage dealing Frog Missile (mini Frog Missile) and 100% on the actual target, benefiting from the Frog Missile upgrade, just like the F18 and with weapon toggle for either bomb or missile
-the Aurora would be more interesting with an additional (researchable / General science ?) attack option (deployable EMP mines to help the basic defense a little bit doing it's job better ? -> maybe with 1 point in a General science); while the Aurora is good it's also boring to play with
-the Chimera is balanced (except for it's missiles spam) but takes far too long to reload
-the Wyvern should be toned down or actually be replaced because there are 4 bombers the Airforce General has already; and imo this unit also covers far too much of an area with it's huge damage
-sometimes landing units hover down super slow towards the levitation pads to reload, which takes so long that it's worth mentioning
-the Pave Low often misses the point it was actually sent to by a fair distance and may leave an assigned position just to attack with it's nose gun, getting shot, eventually; also it often causes more harm to own units than to enemies with it's behaviour of launching missiles at everything (which is also annoying when a building should just be cleared of enemy infantry instead of slamming missiles against it); so all in all the locomotor of this unit needs to be fixed so that it doesn't miss the point it was actually sent to anymore and I'd like a complete "Hold Fire", "Grenade Launcher", "Missiles" option to stop it from doing stupid things and being so annoying to handle that I don't want to use that unit anymore
-loading Pilots into Pave Lows often uses them as Passengers instead of granting these units experience and I don't know of any way to fix this
-Col. Burton doesn't gain any experience from called in airstrikes on enemy positions also I think he'd be better suited as target marker for F16s and Pave Lows
-launching scout drones with a Comanche sometimes completely and multiple times ignores the actual target area and just spawns the in whatever direction the Comanche is currently turned at, moving towards the first target in that direction and staying there instead of the acutally selected position
-Comanche's scout drones don't explain in their tooltip what they can detect
-when attacking hostile aircraft Comanches do area damage, often causing them to harm or destroy each other; recommended to disable that as their anti air range is pretty low or completely remove their ability to attack other air units (at least with rockets)
-the F18 Hornets should imo start with a weaker version of the Frog Missiles upgrade that only deals somewhere around 25% or 50% the original missile's damage and the actual Frog Missiles upgrade should make them act the same as currently; the reason being anti air not having to target air units with micromanagement but the Airforce General has to use micro management to target them one after another
-JSFs are often useless to me; their anti vehicle role is taken by F18 once they get a Frog Missile upgrade as those are cheaper, faster rebuilt, benefit from the same upgrades and perform similar or better against vehicles;  for the area effect Aurora Bombers work similar, even in terms of bomb drop delay but instead of stealth they use attack speed immunity; the Aurora can, however, attack infantry and performs pretty well instead of pretty bad against structures for around the same price, functionality, production speed and build requirements; also the JSF is completely replacable by the Wyvern; in conclusion the JSF should be removed or redesigned; or just remove the Aurora as the Airforce General already has 4 bombers; still the JSF needs something that makes that unit useful and role specific; how about leaving a very short enemy-only emp effect after projectile impact in the area so that there's less fire returned ?
-Comanches often get themselves killed with attacking units they're just ordered to pass by instead of attacking them because they're always attacking everything in range; if possible a weapon toggle (once stealth has been researched): "Hold Fire: On / Off" would be nice
-Supply Zone drops (crates) sometimes miss their target area and need to be collected manually
-dislike how all bombers try to auto attack base spawned units, causing them to destroy their own or other units' airfields
-often destroyed drones couldn't be rebuilt for my basic Patriot defense, sometimes it was possible, most times not; reason unknown

Other do wants:
-I'd like an upgrade per airfield that increases that airfield's reload and repair speed (if possible)
-I often wished for snipers, not such with stealth detection and stealth, but just a sniper rifle, maybe even with a reduced range but something that can actually attack infantry aside from generic infantry and the Humvee (Pave Lows cannot be trusted with not blowing up own units !); would often even put 1 General science point in such an option if it existed; maybe this'd equip generic soldiers with a tertiary weapon choice (sniper weapon), once bought for them and being able to buy it is what the General science is for
-an autorepair upgrade for Sentinel drones would be nice; doesn't need to be any bit potent, just exist; maybe unlocking itself at rank 3, maybe after a research
-better defense would be nice every now and then; thought about a 2 point upgrade General science: 1st improves the regular Patriot defense with small health boost, medium resistance to explosions (suicide), small resistance against chemicals and heavy tank attacks along with 20-40% faster projectiles (no range bonus) and a minor reload speed bonus; 2nd point requires a point in the improved Patrtiot defense General science and upgrades the Colossus with it's Sparrowhawk to suffer far less from damage from the Colossus' Sparrowhawk's own projectile (or disable the friendly fire of it), slightly increases the Colossus' health and also increases the Sparrowhawk's projectile speed by 20-40%
-kind of want an armor upgrade for the Humvee as this unit can transport a lot of unit but takes only 1-5 anti tank projectiles to be killed, depending on what's attacking; mostly 2-3 shots are enough to also lose all units inside; maybe as generic upgrade, maybe as per-unit-upgrade
-kind of want a evasion research for personal drones, allowing them to have a chance to dodge any kind of attack against them (or to autorepair themselves)
-kind of would like the Airforce General's tank to benefit from the Dozer's Diesel Engine upgrade
-think the Humvee's rocket upgrade is utter crap, neither worth cost nor time, not just because this unit is rarely used and destroyed easily but also because it sucks with it's disappointing, low damage
-I'd like the Darkstar spy planes to be available as Comanche-type units that don't require a slot in an airfield, don't cirlce around so that they may be discovered / shot down; maybe redesign them as heilcopter types and call them drones, maybe allow this one alternate type for construction if the General science for deployable Scout drones was selected
-kicking around the idea of granting sentinel drones the deploy ability which makes them lose their stealth for the time deployed and just increases their sight radius a fair bunch for as long as deployed, if that's possible
-I'd like the barracks option to produce not just 1 pilot but any amount of 1x, 2x or 3x (or have a veteran / elite / hero version, comes down to the same) for the multiplied costs
-thought about a support Chinook at the Special Levitation Pad which helps to repair structures it's around and can load 1 Dozer at a time, passengers can't attack, can self-repair to make base maintaneance less micro and helps to focus on rebuilding aircraft, extending the base and planing attacks

Other:
-the Pilot Training General science should make clear it's just for landed aircraft
-I'm pretty sure Clogged Engines, one of the Chem General's upgrades, is overpowered as this is area stackable to a pure insta-kill flyzone and it's not clearly visible where that starts and ends and the effect itself is far too strong, imo
-Airforce General's AI version uses it's innate maphack to constantly attack and destroy Dozers; with the omnipresence and maphack of the AI combined with the speed of air units this makes me feel like playing against a cheater and is not so much fun although I've learnt how to handle that one; the issue is that GLA doesn't use dozers but the other factions do and one F18 kills a Dozer while GLA can't be harmed at all by F18; only buildings face the same odds across factions
-3 airfields full of F16 and I can insta-destroy an enemie's Command Center; maybe increase F16 build time a little or that of the airfields
-Is it intended that the building upgrade which attaches a gun to a building can be destroyed by area effects ?
-I think the anti mine vehicles across factions should be far more resistant to any type of contamination (fire / chemicals / radiation) and explosions

Edited by UsernameUsername, 07 October 2016 - 08:45 PM.

#3915 UsernameUsername

UsernameUsername
  • Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 18 October 2016 - 08:31 PM

Some ideas for the Stealth General (updated):

in general:
-structures that require neither a Palace nor rank 3 or above should come with innate stealth instead of requiring camo net micromanagement after each construction is finished or rebuilt, enabling the Stealth General to focus on his and the enemies' units instead of babysitting a base for camo net upgrades
-no single unit in the Stealth General's army should be able to detect stealth infantry, aside from the Angry Mob and the Gun Buggy (not even Assassins and Radar Van)
-Fake units need an overhaul to gain 0 damage attacks, if that's possible, maybe receive a +maxhealth upgrade within the Jammer Station and currently they don't show General science upgrades (+1 experience rank), unit upgrades that are made and even display the wrong upgrade cameos on some units; also some of them can gather salvage crates while they shouldn't be able to do that
-contamination removal shouldn't be he Command Truck's or Factory's job but become the Toxin Truck's job (see Toxin Truck entry)
-I feel like this General should be more bounty based so instead of researching a Worker Shoes upgrade at the Black Market it could be a +1 bounty General science upgrade (and a follow-up upgrade at rank 5 for +2 bounty)

shotgun infantry (Jihad Warrior):
-their issues: low range = more easily crushable, lots of friendly fire kills, getting shot by any other infantry with either range or damage upgrade once revealed; not being able to return fire from inside a building due to lack of range
-they should start with regular attack range but without the area effect of their attack; they should get a new weapon version per experience level, each increasing the area effect until back to the current normal but at the new range value due to the issues that come with low range

RPG Troopers:
-the free barracks command set slot from combining Saboteur and Hijacker into one unit (see below) could go to an infantry upgrade that allows RPG Troopers to place anti vehicle traps on the battlefield (very tiny radius but very effective against heavy armor); maybe have that require rank 3 or an upgrade

Saboteur & Hijacker:
-should be combined into a single unit as they already cost and require the same; also I tihnk this wouldn't cause any conflict as the Saboteur focusses on structures and uses a suicide attack while the Hijacker focusses on vehicles and doesn't have a suicide attack

Assassins:
-the infantry version should be allowed to move without losing stealth -> allow them to move in case they're about to be crushed by a vehicle without revealing themselves to all surrounding enemies
-instead of executing low health vehicle drivers they should benefit from the AP Bullets upgrade for increased damage and leave the driver sniping to Jarmen Kell or Hijackers, allowing them to attack hero vehicles and Cyber General vehicles instead of blocking the use of these other units because of their overlapping functionality; also this would potentially free up the MELEE weapon type as KILL_DRIVER exists for Jarmen Kell (dunno how Hijackers handle that, though)
-should gain a 2nd weapon toggle option which is a target pointer, increasing all damage against the unit it points on by [amount], usable on long range to support Mortar Buggies with a damage boost; or the Hazael; maybe after an upgrade

Jarmen Kell:
-should be able to simply attack units without vehicles drivers inside (hero vehicles, cyber general units) after the sniper rifle upgrade, just like Assassins should be, so that both of these units aren't completely useless against Cyber General and hero vehicles
-Jarmen Kell should always be able to detect mines and demo traps just like Burton and Lotus (for all GLA generals)

-he should be able to spawn Saboteurs instead of Jihad Warriors because those are a more fitting option in general

Supply Truck:
-should be immune to contamination (but not acid, if that's possible), just like the resource centers of all other factions; workers are still affected and that's fair, but not if the Supply Truck is affected, too

Command Truck:
-each Command Truck should gain +1 GPS Scrambler charging up, once constructed to allow true stealth gameplay without tunnel entrance fiddling for maximum coverage; maybe limit this functionality to rank 3 or a General science option; reason for this OP seeming idea: Tunnel Network + GPS Scrambler = more than 10 units receive stealth; it's already possible to easily stealth a huge amount of units BUT it's clunky gameplay and feels like abusing game mechanics so more (frequent) GPS Scrambler uses due to more Command Trucks would just make applying GPS Scrambler stealth less of a waiting for x units and positioning at Tunnel Network game but allow more fluid gameplay and stealth usage (also for hijacked vehicles)
-needs more health to not be destroyed that easily anymore; 2x health boost across all GLA factions recommended
-also needs +50% contamination resistance baseline because too affected by that as well
-should be able to train infantry if the construction requirements are met, just like barracks can to allow flanking enemies with infantry more easily; the exception are biker units

Radar Van:
-make the Radar Van take the Gun Buggy's role in terms of base defense: add the Gun Buggy's passenger slots & allow infantry to attack units from inside the vehicle; stealth remains and functions unchanged (passengers attacking doesn't reveal, moving neither; taking damage or attacking with anti detector missile does reveal); -> also see Gun Buggy changes

Amphibious transport & anti mine vehicle:
-instead of 4 passenger seats should have 6-8
-should benefit from salvage crate upgrades to increase it's armor and gain a medium hp boost at 2/2 armor as well as immunity to Jarmen Kell's sniper attack -> solely because of it's troop transport capabilities I'd like to have some health on that unit

Gun Buggy:
-change them from stand still paper bunkers to a highly mobile scout and tech building guarding unit by allowing it to move and attack without losing stealth; in turn remove the passenger seats but allow the AP Bullets upgrade to improve the gun's range and rate of fire a bit (enough to shoot a single Demo General Terrorist with improved suicide bomb without getting blown into pieces)
-maybe allow the weapon jammer to become an area effect with an upgrade inside the Jammer Station or once one is built and while it exists (if that's possible)

Rocket Buggy:
-their Palace upgrade should add a rocket scatter weapon to their command set, allowing them to use their rockets as a minor area effect (just like katyusha, but far less of an area covered) to make them more useful against hordes of enemies; more clearly explained: 3 weapons: 1) regular barrage attack, 2) scatter attack, 3) "Hold Fire" button, using the weapon's data but with the settings to make it only aquire but not shoot at targets while stealthed

Scorpion Tank:
-should no longer gain main weapon upgrades from salvage crates but armor upgrades instead to allow this unit to take some damage without easily dropping to low health or being destroyed (very important vs rank 3, 4, 5 enemies)
-the main weapon should stay the same so that it always uses the reload time and damage values of a 2/2 weapon upgraded Scoprion Tank instead of having all upgrade stages with different reload times and damage values; this is clearly OP vs single units but due to their long reload time and overkill nature any equal force will still kill the Scorpion Tanks if they are kept visible
-gaining experience level 3/3 should grant that unit a medium hit point boost; maybe only at rank 3 or 5 and not initially to compensate for air attacks or Overlord tanks one-shotting them usually (pre-armor changed at least)
-should gain the stealth version mentioned here ( https://forums.revor...13#entry1039695 ) to allow aiming in stealth and drive by attacks

-if possible grant this unit a deploy ability that uses the same weapon but with +25% range and -25% reload time (4s deploy time) to be able to support stationary defenses and create tank traps

Toxin Truck:
-shouldn't gain a weapon upgrade from salvage crates anymore (pointless), but instead an armor upgrade
-2/2 armor should grant immunit to Jarmen Kell sniper attacks as well as to any form of contamination (excluding acid, if possible)
-should come with 3 weapons: 1) generic attack which improves by experience levels, 2) anti contamination spray which is not affected by experience levels, 3) "Hold Fire" order
-the Bio Bomb upgrade within the Arms Delaer (vehicle producing structure) should become an upgrade that doubles this unit's anti contamination weapon's range and increases it's default movespeed a bit
-the anti contamination weapon shouldn't require line of sight but just to be in range for spraying at an effected area
-elite rank and 2/2 armor upgrade should add a minor +hp boost to the unit

Mortar Buggy:
-shouldn't be able to clear buildings; that's the toxin truck's job
-their Black Market upgrade should add a burst attack to their command set, allowing them to shoot 3 shots in a row, at 3 times the reload time after that, allowing hit & run
-rank 3 should grant them the range of other factions' rank 3 siege units after the Rocket Buggy upgrade in the Palace was researched, working for both weapon versions (they still don't have the powerful attacks these units have)
-the Elbrus Launcher should get an upgrade allowing them to attack with weapons leaving acid effects for some time on the area hit, damaging structures and vehicles some more, so that hit & run works even better

Bomb Truck:
-gains the mentioned Jammer Station upgrade vs mines after research (see Jammer Station below)

Mobile Elbrus Launcher:
-building requirements should change to Arms Dealer + Elbrus Launcher + Jammer Station
-should be globally usable after 5-7min charge time
-should use an EMP missile that deals no damage but can crash planes, Comanches, Helix' currently in the air in the affected area
-long lasting EMP effect, allowing to prolong time until an enemy can use General Powers, a super weapon or start producing units from a certain structure

-add an inactive stealth module to these which the GPS Scrambler will then use automatically without anything further required if these units receive stealth by it; this should be set to keep them visible for 10s after using their special attack and they shouldn't be able to use anything else but benefit from Junk Repair

Hazael:
-remove the sniper gun, add "Hold Fire", add seats for 3 RPG Troopers and an Assassin, allow passengers to attack enemies from inside the vehicle; only allow infantry inside but of any kind; when produced seats are all empty
 -> with proper infantry inside the Hazael can become a vehicle that's not as easily overrun by tanks as currently due to 3x RPG Troopers inside, that can still deal with infantry due to the 1x Assassin and that can also stealth transport infantry across the battlefield; still remains vulnerable to air units, just GLA will have trouble dealing with this unit (maybe remove stealth detection for infantry so that Terrorists and RPG units can still get close)
-Jammer Station, while existing, should cause a stealth upgrade for the Hazael that allows it to stay stealthed at all times (even while taking damage); is it possible to have a [while structure exist use this stealth, else use this stealth] functionality ? -> otherwise as researchable upgrade
-Junk Repair needs to be improved to not take multiple minutes but just as long as China propaganda bonus buffed units need to repair (not the improved version, just the regular one)

Missile Silo:
-turn from base defense structure to special weapon structure, usable from a side-menu button once ready
-2min cooldown per silo
-single explosive missile that works exactly the same as a regular explosive missile from this silo before the here suggested changes to it would -> firing makes the silo lose stealth for a short amount of time
-globally usable missiles that are somewhat annoying in low numbers but become dangerous in large numbers, forcing the enemy to either leave the base and to destroy them or to focus air, and potentially special attacks, onto these structures rather than the actual base or other units of the Stealth General
-the main idea behind this is that the explosive impact removes mines around power plants of China, Super Weapons General or Demo General structures so that Saboteurs can enter after a missile impact without requiring an anti mine vehicle along with being able to deal with stationary detector units far better than currently and also helping fixing the weak siege options of the Stealth General

Elbrus Launcher (structure):
-could get an upgrade that makes all units immune to Stealth General's own contamination effects and adds a 50% contamination resistance to all infantry (including workers), biker infantry and Buggy-based units
-could become one of the three requirements to produce mobile elbrus launchers

Jammer Station:
-should get an upgrade that allows anti detector missiles to not collide with anything anymore and to make them retarget enemy detector units nearby (which still need to be visible to be attackable); at the very least the retargeting option is relevant to not make all units waste their anti detector missile on some usa unit assisting drone and then the next and so on...
-another upgrade could add anti mine equipment to Bomb Trucks, allowing them to detect mines and making them immune to mines and to enable Saboteurs to merely detect mines but not to remove them; just so that Saboteurs can somewhat safely navigate around minefields
-another upgrade could add a slight HP boost to Saboteurs and improve their effects (longer lasting, more powerful effect -> stealing money becomes more valueable); or the just before mentioned one could do this but than it needs to cost a lot, too
-the local effect of each Jammer Station should be globally usable instead, maybe at a reduced area and / or duration for better balance
-another upgrade should be for the Hazael and allow that unit to remain stealthed at all times (this means: also while taking damage)
-could become one of the three requirements to produce mobile elbrus launchers

Sniper Sites:
-remove them and replace them with the anti tank base defense structure the Demo and Assault General are using; the Stealth Generals doesn't need Sniper Sites: he already has a bunch of snipers (Assassins, Jarmen Kell) and detectors (Gun Buggy, Radar Van, Hazael, Angry Mob) - he just doesn't need this at all; but tank defense is required as no single unit in his army is made for direct assault, except for the Hazael; everyone else is either low health or long reload times

Demo Traps:
-increase build speed by at least 20% -or- have them have innate stealth while being built, if possible so that it's possible to place some on the field without showing the "under costruction in this area" indicators

Saboteur & Hijacker:
-combine them into a single unit that can do all of both -> they already cost and require the same
-see Jammer Station for new upgrade ideas

Stealth General science:
Rank 1 science:
1) Fake units:
Fake units need to be fixed to properly represent upgrades (researched, salvage crate turrets, experience rank) and to possibly use fake attacks; maybe receive a Jammer Station upgrade for more health - or this General science could enable that

2) Anti detector missile:
Should just arrive asap at the target location instead of taking so long as it does currently and gain a cooldown reduction per rank gained; maybe instead this could be upgraded to allow anti detector missiles to not collide with structures and to redirect to other stealth detectors nearby (Frog Missile-like)

3) Anti Air Radar:
Gun Buggy, Radar Van, Hazael = anti air radar structure science isn't a good option and can be replaced -> lots of upgrade and unit change ideas could take this place, like the Command Truck being able to train infantry (excluding biker units) by picking this -or- being able to use the RPG Trooper's anti tank mines with this etc.; new ideas would be a health boost for structures for research with this General science picked -or- allowing RPG Troopers to use a Scorpion Tank-like blast attack that ignores EMP effects (maybe for Stinger Sites vs ground targets, too) -or- the mentioned bounty system to focus more on unit kills than on economy build up -or- minor selfheal for all (lone) infantry across the map -or- better engines for slow and clunky units -or- cheaper demo / anti tank traps (replacing worker command set buttons for traps with cheaper built versions) -or- allow production of Radar Vans inside Arms Dealers

Rank 3 science:
1) Selection & Order Scrambler:
Should be removed because that's what the Jammer Station should actually do and be replaced with an option to spawn some Scorpion Tanks (if possible: 1 at rank 1, 2 at rank 2 etc.) -or- could be required to enable the recommended target pointer for Assassins

2) Spawn Hijacker / Saboteur:
If Saboteur and Hijacker are combined into one unit, as recommended, one of this becomes useless -> enable the freed up General science should become the "create a tunnel network entrance at the target location" option (and come with innate stealth because this is the Stealth General)

Rank 5 science:
1) Toxin Plane:
This is absolutelty contrary to all the Stealth General uses, needs and has upgrades for -> remove this; instead make this a requirement to grant rank 3,4,5 or Palace requiring structures innate stealth and give it a proper name for the new functionality

2) Create a Tunnel Network Entrance:
Recommended as rank 3 sciene instead of rank 5 to support flanking and surprise attacks from earlier on than with rank 5. Recommended to change this to allow Assassins to move without losing stealth -or- to allow the Hazael to remain stealthed even when taking damage (maybe both, it's rank 5 after all).

3) +1 experience level:
This is fine and useful and can stay.

Other:

Maybe add the stealth version I mentioned earlier that doesn't break stealth on attacking a target but does so on taking damage, contrary to the regular GPS Scrambler stealth, better for stolen vehicles that lack a "Hold Fire" button.

Edited by UsernameUsername, 19 October 2016 - 01:12 PM.

#3916 predator_bg

predator_bg

The predator

• Hosted
  • 2,435 posts

Posted 21 October 2016 - 09:05 PM

Thanks for this detailed feedback, UsernameUsername. We'll work and discuss your suggestions.

I'll try to answer you a little bit on them. I already changed Stealth general's Scorpion weapons and their stealth settings. It was a very useful suggestion. And fixed Jarmen Kell. It isn't possible to add "Hold Fire" to Comanche as it already has three weapon slots (when upgraded with Rocket Barrage). And, as you know, holding fire is problematic for vehicles with multiple weapons. Stealth is going to get big changes in the next release. And Air Force's F-35 too.

#3917 bazookaman

bazookaman
  • New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 12 November 2016 - 05:00 PM

New player here; I've been playing with this mod last few weeks and here's some toughts about it. I liked most of the mod (especially AI) so here's what I didn't like:

- all GLA generals seem to be rather weak. Assault is nothing special, just spam what you've got to build and that's it. No superweapon to build seems dissapointing. Stealth is imo the weakest of all. His superunit is not worth the money spent on it and it fires really too slow. Demo is nicely balanced (and from what I've read it seems a tank will be available for him as well), Poison is a bit imba vs air troops. That area effect cloud is just silly - I'd reduce the damage while keeping the AoE.

- China Flame General isn't on par with the rest (it may be due to the fact I kinda suck with him). Infantry is my favourite but I'd just make minigunners walk a bit faster after the upgrade. Tank seems to (unlike what I've read) be the hardest to micro properly if one wants to make use of Sniper Tanks. Nuclear is great fun to play; albeit I don't really see him as the "most aggresive" general to play - Tank Hunters are very good when garisoned or under Speaker Towers. Probably the most late-game general of all (or so it seems).

- USA  - Robot is kinda meh. I didn't like the gameplay with it, units aren't "pretty" and they (imo) don't really fit into ZH. Looking forward to it's remake. I played Challenge vs him and was very dissapointed, few attacks here and there, no "real" attacks, no airplanes, nothing. Airforce gen. is nice to play; I don't like Pave Low choppers however - they just fire so slow and the ammount of micro this general needs is crazy. Some spammable unit bar Comanche would be nice.

Super Weapons gen. is probably the easiest to play with, I like it. I miss Tomahawk missiles however.

#3918 predator_bg

predator_bg

The predator

• Hosted
  • 2,435 posts

Posted 12 November 2016 - 05:45 PM

New player here; I've been playing with this mod last few weeks and here's some toughts about it. I liked most of the mod (especially AI) so here's what I didn't like:

- all GLA generals seem to be rather weak. Assault is nothing special, just spam what you've got to build and that's it. No superweapon to build seems dissapointing. Stealth is imo the weakest of all. His superunit is not worth the money spent on it and it fires really too slow. Demo is nicely balanced (and from what I've read it seems a tank will be available for him as well), Poison is a bit imba vs air troops. That area effect cloud is just silly - I'd reduce the damage while keeping the AoE.

- China Flame General isn't on par with the rest (it may be due to the fact I kinda suck with him). Infantry is my favourite but I'd just make minigunners walk a bit faster after the upgrade. Tank seems to (unlike what I've read) be the hardest to micro properly if one wants to make use of Sniper Tanks. Nuclear is great fun to play; albeit I don't really see him as the "most aggresive" general to play - Tank Hunters are very good when garisoned or under Speaker Towers. Probably the most late-game general of all (or so it seems).

- USA  - Robot is kinda meh. I didn't like the gameplay with it, units aren't "pretty" and they (imo) don't really fit into ZH. Looking forward to it's remake. I played Challenge vs him and was very dissapointed, few attacks here and there, no "real" attacks, no airplanes, nothing. Airforce gen. is nice to play; I don't like Pave Low choppers however - they just fire so slow and the ammount of micro this general needs is crazy. Some spammable unit bar Comanche would be nice.

Super Weapons gen. is probably the easiest to play with, I like it. I miss Tomahawk missiles however.

Hey bazooka, glad you're interested in the mod.

Assault does have a super weapon. It uses the vanilla Command Center cameo, so you might have missed it because of that. We've already nerfed the Dust Clouds upgrade for toxin general.

Challenge mode is not finished yet, especially the new maps like Cybernetic. Four more maps will be coming in the future - Flame, USA Boss, China Boss and GLA Boss.

Contra has passed a long way. Generals will stay more or less the same, no drastic changes will be made to them. Yes - only balance adjustments.

#3919 bazookaman

bazookaman
  • New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 12 November 2016 - 06:03 PM

Glad to see you're working on Challenge mod (Tank general challenge mission is awesome with it's megatank attack feature). Anyhow, since I haven't mentioned it above - I love your mod and am very happy to see it's being actively worked on. Keep up the good work, this is a fantastic mod overall.

#3920 UsernameUsername

UsernameUsername
  • Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 11 December 2016 - 01:20 AM

A word about the difficulty setting in the game:

Rather than just and only enabling more advanced tactics for the AI -or-

granting it more money -or-

more units -or-

a larger base -or-

something actually gameplay related (like allowing / disallowing certain units or upgrades or even super units or different build orders) the difficulty settings are mainly used to buff or nerf unit values for the AI and player.

I'd actually like the difficulty setting to not do that but something gameplay related instead, as mentioned. It's simply more fun if the difficulty setting actually means a different gameplay experience rather than always the same but with different unit values. Also different unit values are an issue to honest feedback as due to this value tinkering by the game the feedback is under the impression of these changed values and may be more or less off as certain units / tactics / generals seem stronger or weaker than they really are.

So I'd not allow difficulty setting to tinker with unit values because of that but with gameplay and AI behaviour.

Edited by UsernameUsername, 11 December 2016 - 01:23 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users