Photo

Next up in the campaign

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

Poll: Next Set of Maps

Which set of maps would you like to see included in the campaign next?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 robnkarla

robnkarla

title available

• Hosted
  • 1,849 posts
  • Projects:RJ-RotWK
  •  crazy coder

Posted 06 April 2007 - 04:16 AM

Hello all,

I'm working on a lot of maps for the campaign, but I'll leave it up to players on which maps to focus on to complete next.

To give you a better idea of what will be in each:

Dwarven Maps:
Celduin - Aid Brand and Bard in Celduin - new scripted map similar to the BFME2 Campaign
Erebor - Based on BFME2 Campaign. Return home and save Erebor - Gain Thorin & a group of zealots
Mirkwood - New map, based on the BFME2 Mirkwood, but with the elven city. Destroy the spider lairs, and then defend from the encrouching enemies from Dol Guldur - Gain Thranduil

Gondor Maps:
Ithilien - Based on BFME1 map - destroy the camps in the region, and then destroy the caravan. Added Damrod.
Cair Andros - The island outpost has been taken by Mordor. Retake in the name of King Aragorn. Changed into a fortress map, based on the layout of BFME2 Cair Andros.
Osgiliath - The siege of Osgiliath from BFME1 - I am still trying to decide exactly what to do with the map.

Elven Maps:
High Pass - Based on the BFME2 campaign map, but will be two maps in one, depending on if the player attacks from the west with the elves or from the east with Rohan, Gondor, or the Dwarves. Each will be somewhat unique. Basically head through the pass to help the other side. Gain a Noldor Warrior Horde.
Ettenmoors - Based on the BFME2 campaign map. Destroy the Goblin King
Fornost - Based on a ruined version of the BFME2 map - the wild has overtake the deserted Fornost. Clean the fortress from the goblin/drake filth to secure a base in the west for Aragorn to rebuild.

Let me know which maps you are most interested in.

Edited by robnkarla, 06 April 2007 - 04:17 AM.

#2 robnkarla

robnkarla

title available

• Hosted
  • 1,849 posts
  •  crazy coder

Posted 07 April 2007 - 10:10 PM

Don't forget to vote for this poll.

#3 girtacos

girtacos
  • Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 08 April 2007 - 02:45 AM

I think you should start with Ithilien, Cair Andros, and Osgiliath because in my opinion they might take the longest and it's better to get the hard ones first, but hey, I'm no modder :p

#4 Devon

Devon

Dark Nerd of the Sith

• Global Moderators
  • 5,886 posts
  • Projects:RJ RotWK, Twilight of the Republic, HDLH
  •  T3A Chamber Member
  • Division:Community
  • Job:Global Moderator
  • Donated

Posted 08 April 2007 - 04:59 PM

id do ithil and cair andros and osgiliath, because i love the "war in the south"

yodasig2.png
My political compass
There's a story that the grass is so green...what did I see? Where have I been?

#5 Eonwe

Eonwe

title available

• Project Team
  • 534 posts

Posted 09 April 2007 - 03:10 AM

I would like the erebor campaign more. It appears that its losing though.

#6 Lord Homer of Shire

Lord Homer of Shire
  • Members
  • 47 posts
  •  Professional Hobbitpawner

Posted 19 April 2007 - 07:57 AM

I would like the erebor campaign more. It appears that its losing though.

Posted Image

#7 robnkarla

robnkarla

title available

• Hosted
  • 1,849 posts
  •  crazy coder

Posted 07 May 2007 - 08:14 AM

Lol, I see nobody wants to see the Elven battles.

Well, it looks like the majority is the Gondor maps. In the next release as mentioned in the other posts I plan on including the following maps:

1) Ithilien - This will be a double map, that will make more sense once you see it. Basically it will be one of the few maps, if not the only one, that will be playable more than once. The first time will follow closely the BFME1 map, but the second time will be similar to the last stage of the BFME1 map, which will focus on stopping supply convoys from passing through the region. Damrod will be available as a hero.

2) Cair Andros - This will be very similar to the BFME1 campaign map. I really want to try to keep the feeling of this map. It was one of my favorites in the campaign, it was always a challenge to win the map without losing a battalion, especially if all of the units were gondor archers. This is the first map in the campaign to use the old castles. Depending on which hero is attacking you will get the Rohan, Elven, Gondor, or Dwarven Castle. The idea will be the remnants of the Isengard army will be in the southwest and Mordor will be in the east. You must destroy both camps to secure this stronghold. The skirmish map of this will also be included in the next release.

3) Erebor - This will be next, I'll explain below. This map will be very close to the BFME2 campaign. Differences - Reinforcements will come from Mirkwood, but Glofindel will only fight if you bring him from Rivendell. You will get your first battalion of Dwarven Zealots, which you can take through the entire campaign if you wish. Also, Thorin will be given in the map. The enemy team will be divided into two groups - Mordor and Rhun. I will be using The Dead Player player's models (thank you!!!!!) for Rhun Riders, Assasins, with a little different skin, as well as Easterlings, Soldiers of Rhun and a Rhun hero to make up their army. Mordor will consist of Orcs, Goblins, Trolls, & 2 of the Nazgul.

4) Osgiliath - This will be 4th. I am completely redoing much of the scripting of this map. I really enjoyed this map in the campaign, but I wanted to change it some and it is just a nightmare of a scripting job...shudders...So the map is thus: You will start with a number of troops and complete map control. The hero you selected to battle will show up # minutes into the match. Shortly mordor forces will invade the city and you will lose sections until you have to cross the river. Once across you will have the option of destroying the bridges if you would like. If you don't you will just have to fend off the troops without your army. They arrive shortly after this. At this point you will have a couple minutes before Mordor crosses the river in transports. Your job is to defend the city and then use transports yourself to cross and take back Osgiliath.

5) Celduin. This is a newly scripted map - You start off in Lake-Town with Bard, Brand, Men of Dale, as well as the Dale Archers and Dale Soldiers (Again models by The Dead Player - thank you!!!). You must defend until your army arrive, which will be in the Northeast corner. When they arrive you must transport the units across the lake and help the Brand and Bard save the town. Similar to Osgiliath, there will be options for you to destroy parts of the town in order to save your units. You will gain both Brand and Bard.

6) Mirkwood - This is a newly scripted map. I am currently working on the layout and some of the scripting. The layout will include a portion of Thranduil's and the elven home. This will be a two step mission. First it will be your job to clear out the spider infestation. There will be numerous spiders filling the map and thier lairs. I'm adding textures and scaled units to provide different spiders to kill. Once destroyed or after a certain amount of time, the forces from Dol Guldor will join the fight. Here you will get Thranduil. I'm debating on whether Lalaith will join this fight or another battle.

Once all 6 maps are completed and in a release, I will add some more poll questions for the next set. Maybe the elves might have a chance.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users