Photo

More map polls

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

Poll: Which maps?

Would you rather siege Minas Morgul or play Shelob's Lair from BFME1

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.

Would you rather have a battle in Fangorn Forest or the Gap of Rohan/Westfold

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 robnkarla

robnkarla

title available

• Hosted
  • 1,849 posts
  • Projects:RJ-RotWK
  •  crazy coder

Posted 06 April 2007 - 04:25 AM

Another Poll - Which maps would you like to see?

First:
I can do either a scripted siege of Minas Morgul or I can include the BFME1 Shelob's Lair and Cirith Ungol. I'm leaning towards Minas Morgul, but before I decided I wanted to get the feedback from those playing the campaign

Second:
Currently Eaves of Fangorn is in the Gap of Rohan region in the WotR and Fangorn is yet to be completed. I can keep it this way and finish Fangorn, or I can do another Rohan map. If you choose Rohan, what type of mission would you like to see?

Ideally it would be nice to do Edoras, but it will not fit. I'll just have to do a skirmish battle of Edoras.

Thanks,
Robert J.

#2 pasiecaaL

pasiecaaL
  • Project Team
  • 51 posts

Posted 06 April 2007 - 09:57 AM

Fragorn is the best ... :p oo and your mod looks good

#3 m@tt

m@tt

#######

• Project Team
  • 4,056 posts
  • Projects:The Dwarf Holds
  •  T3A Chamber Member

Posted 06 April 2007 - 07:08 PM

Why does there have to be a choice? Can't you just do all of them? Or is this just a poll for the next ones to be done, with the losers being done afterwards?
Posted Image

#4 robnkarla

robnkarla

title available

• Hosted
  • 1,849 posts
  •  crazy coder

Posted 06 April 2007 - 07:19 PM

Why does there have to be a choice? Can't you just do all of them? Or is this just a poll for the next ones to be done, with the losers being done afterwards?

For these polls, unfortunately there is a limit on the actual living world map. Maybe in some distant future I might break up the regions on the living map, but as for now I am using the one EA provided.

Since this is the case - there is only really one spot for these maps listed above that is close to the region they belong to. I could always do place them in different places - maybe make the modor map Cirith Ungol. Or more the rohan region to the coast, but I would rather do neither. Although I did have thoughts on those region already.

Now, if someone out there would like to offer me an alternative, I am completely open. I would like to include as many maps in the campaign as reasonable to make the campaign better than BFME1 and BFME2 campaigns combined.

Robert J

#5 m@tt

m@tt

#######

• Project Team
  • 4,056 posts
  •  T3A Chamber Member

Posted 06 April 2007 - 07:38 PM

Yeah I'm gonna have the same proximity problem with the RA campaign. An option I thought of is to replace the Crossroads with Minas Morgul, or is that map not in WOTR.
Posted Image

#6 girtacos

girtacos
  • Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 06 April 2007 - 11:04 PM

No, its not :p

#7 JEV3

JEV3

Mighty Armadillo

• Hosted
  • 719 posts
  • Projects:Game Enhancement Mod
  •  Coder, Skinner, Graphics, GEM Mod Leader
  • Job:T3A Chamber Member

Posted 07 April 2007 - 12:44 AM

Personally I'm not that fond of Shelob's Lair as a map...

Also, while Fangorn is cool, I'd like to see a burning of the Westfold campaign map, where you either have to protect so many buildings, or destroy them...
He who bears skill but lacks effort, makes himself inferior to those who have no skill but try nonetheless.
Posted Image
Posted Image
"There is some good in this world, and its worth fighting for!"
J.M.J.

#8 robnkarla

robnkarla

title available

• Hosted
  • 1,849 posts
  •  crazy coder

Posted 07 April 2007 - 01:17 AM

Personally I'm not that fond of Shelob's Lair as a map...

Also, while Fangorn is cool, I'd like to see a burning of the Westfold campaign map, where you either have to protect so many buildings, or destroy them...

I agree with Shelob's Lair, but I wanted to check with everyone else. While it was quite fun in The Return of the King, this style map is not the best for a RTS.

I'd like a Westfold map too, but I'm afraid that it would be too similar to the Eastfold map where you have to protect the three villages. This was more of an introduction to Eomer. Also there were so many Rohan maps in the BFME1 campaign, I'd hate to cut almost all of them due to not having the regions.

#9 Devon

Devon

Dark Nerd of the Sith

• Global Moderators
  • 5,886 posts
  • Projects:RJ RotWK, Twilight of the Republic, HDLH
  •  T3A Chamber Member
  • Division:Community
  • Job:Global Moderator
  • Donated

Posted 08 April 2007 - 04:55 PM

Nooooo, dont take away my shelobs lair. that was one of the most fun missions in bfme1. minas morgul is ok and all, but shelobs lair was really fun with the whole map black and a maze of tunnels and darkness and stuff. Gave me the creeps wandering around with same and being scared to death of shelob jumping out and killing me. Plus, the attack on cirith ungol was fun too. You can add a timer too if you want for more difficulty :p. just dont take shelobs lair :(. im pretty much impartial for fangorn and westfold, but i voted westfold

yodasig2.png
My political compass
There's a story that the grass is so green...what did I see? Where have I been?

#10 zimoo

zimoo

Ecthelion of the Fountain

• Project Team
  • 2,009 posts
  • Projects:Lurking until the off topic begins...
  •  Guardian of the Books

Posted 08 April 2007 - 06:30 PM

Yeah...basically there's tons of fortress maps but hardly any in the style of Shelob's Lair. I'd agree with keeping it and giving Morgul the boot.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Playing games? Ah, you'll never be a good modder if you get involved in actually playing them!

#11 Devon

Devon

Dark Nerd of the Sith

• Global Moderators
  • 5,886 posts
  • Projects:RJ RotWK, Twilight of the Republic, HDLH
  •  T3A Chamber Member
  • Division:Community
  • Job:Global Moderator
  • Donated

Posted 08 April 2007 - 06:58 PM

Also, Minas Morgul didnt really have anything to do with the books and/or movies, and shelobs lair did. Better for the story plot :shiftee:

yodasig2.png
My political compass
There's a story that the grass is so green...what did I see? Where have I been?

#12 girtacos

girtacos
  • Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 09 April 2007 - 11:25 PM

Nobody really went to Minas Morgul and I think Shelob's Lair would be a break from the whole RTS thing

Also nobody really fought in Fangorn, but hey, that's just me :thumbsupsmiley:

#13 JEV3

JEV3

Mighty Armadillo

• Hosted
  • 719 posts
  • Projects:Game Enhancement Mod
  •  Coder, Skinner, Graphics, GEM Mod Leader
  • Job:T3A Chamber Member

Posted 10 April 2007 - 12:46 AM

Well if you do keep Morgul, PLEASE flood the valley and maybe make a couple crossings other than the bridge... when I first played I sent all my defenses on the bridge and the watched with my mouth agape as they walked right across the valley/moat/thing...

I don't like Shelob's lair because it takes too long to get from one side of the map to the other... to windy...
He who bears skill but lacks effort, makes himself inferior to those who have no skill but try nonetheless.
Posted Image
Posted Image
"There is some good in this world, and its worth fighting for!"
J.M.J.

#14 Lord of Mordor

Lord of Mordor

Master of the One Ring

• Project Team
  • 170 posts

Posted 10 April 2007 - 06:03 PM

I'm all for Minas Morgul, it's just way cooler than Shelob's Lair :rolleyes:

I can't really decide about Fangorn or Rohan, though... I like both of them.

Build me an army worthy of Mordor!

HobbitBann5501.png

#15 Redhorn Pass

Redhorn Pass

Also known as Fohel

• Members
  • 135 posts
  • Projects:The Beorn Mod
  •  An INI coder

Posted 11 April 2007 - 11:59 PM

Maybe in some distant future I might break up the regions on the living map,

Do you know how to do this? :p
Posted Image

Posted Image

#16 fehik

fehik
  • Project Team
  • 207 posts

Posted 12 April 2007 - 07:46 AM

I think it is possible to break up the map into more pieces, because EA with RotWK done it prettyu well, i mean they cut up arnor into more than 10 pieces, and in bfme2 there were only 5 regions.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#17 m@tt

m@tt

#######

• Project Team
  • 4,056 posts
  •  T3A Chamber Member

Posted 12 April 2007 - 08:21 AM

It's probably done the same way you cut up the living world map in BFME 1, but I can't check without installing BFME II
Posted Image

#18 fehik

fehik
  • Project Team
  • 207 posts

Posted 12 April 2007 - 04:34 PM

Hmm...and in bfme1 how can you do it, perhaps it's the same in 2 too.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#19 robnkarla

robnkarla

title available

• Hosted
  • 1,849 posts
  •  crazy coder

Posted 13 April 2007 - 03:01 AM

I believe to change it you have to start modifying the livingmap.w3d file. It is quite large and I cannot load it currently. Once the sub-objects are changed there is a lot of ini work. Again, for right now I'm trying to stay out of a modeling program. My 3d Studio Max is a very old version from when I was doing 3d work.

As for the maps, I think I'll be creating all 4, and then depending on how they fit and the vote, two of them will make it into the campaign and the other two will end up as skirmishes.

#20 fehik

fehik
  • Project Team
  • 207 posts

Posted 13 April 2007 - 07:10 AM

And the new update when will arrive? I finished now Isengard and I can't wait for the next missions. By the way in your future plans will you cut up the map? Only in the distant future of course.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users