SquallBK

Coder

• Project Team
  • 221 posts
  • Projects:No public projects until I finish a mod, I've learned my lesson
  •  Coder

Posted 07 April 2007 - 05:17 PM

well here they are-

1. I made a model so Aragorn could mount, i imported the w3d files but when i got on the game most every unit was invisible, along with some models and MOSTLY anything else was pink. why is this?

2. is it possible to take a model from another mod that is for a game such as bfme 1, and put it into rotwk? for example, take a model from a mod that allows aragorn to mount, and put that file into rotwk.

any help would be appreciated
92% of teens have moved onto rap. If you are part of the 8% that still listen to real music, copy and paste this into your signature

#2 zimoo

zimoo

Ecthelion of the Fountain

• Project Team
  • 2,009 posts
  • Projects:Lurking until the off topic begins...
  •  Guardian of the Books

Posted 07 April 2007 - 07:18 PM

1. Don't overwrite the original asset.dat file (I'm guessing that's what you did)

2) Yes, just extract the model from their big and add it to your own (aswell as asset.dat) and it should work.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Playing games? Ah, you'll never be a good modder if you get involved in actually playing them!

#3 SquallBK

SquallBK

Coder

• Project Team
  • 221 posts
  •  Coder

Posted 07 April 2007 - 08:10 PM

k thanks for the help
92% of teens have moved onto rap. If you are part of the 8% that still listen to real music, copy and paste this into your signature

#4 Pixel

Pixel

• Hosted
  • 2,451 posts

Posted 07 April 2007 - 09:24 PM

1. I made a model so Aragorn could mount, i imported the w3d files but when i got on the game most every unit was invisible, along with some models and MOSTLY anything else was pink. why is this?

I take it you are running this by the Main bfme folder? And you tried to make a new Asset.dat and place it in the main folder. Doing so you overwrited your old asset.dat from the game? If that is correct i suggest you use the -mod command with your mod in its own .big file in Application data. If it isnt correct explain how you are currently running your mod....

2. is it possible to take a model from another mod that is for a game such as bfme 1, and put it into rotwk? for example, take a model from a mod that allows aragorn to mount, and put that file into rotwk.

It is indeed possible, You must extract the model\textures and such. Put them in your big file.. With a custom asset.dat or the rotwk asset.dat may possibly work. Although.. You cannot release a modification with content from another game for example rotwk content in bfme1 or such... So just remember that.

Best of luck,
FlameGuard

Edited by FlameGuard, 07 April 2007 - 09:26 PM.

#5 SquallBK

SquallBK

Coder

• Project Team
  • 221 posts
  •  Coder

Posted 09 April 2007 - 01:27 AM

flameguard-

in answer to no. 1, what i did was put the original asset.dat in a safe place and replaced it with my asset.dat but i put back the old asset.dat when i found it didnt work

#6 SquallBK

SquallBK

Coder

• Project Team
  • 221 posts
  •  Coder

Posted 09 April 2007 - 02:57 AM

uh i got a slight problem dunno what exactly i did wrong, but i made it able to see everything just fine EXCEPT for the one model that i made

#7 watsupcuz

watsupcuz
  • Members
  • 107 posts

Posted 09 April 2007 - 03:03 AM

THis happens to me everytime i try to add a new model to my game, such as imrahil, i put him in my .big and add him in with code then put him in the asset, but when i recruit him hes invisible, i think this means that it thinks that the model is not even added to the game otherwise it would be pink i think
Posted Image

#8 SquallBK

SquallBK

Coder

• Project Team
  • 221 posts
  •  Coder

Posted 09 April 2007 - 08:31 PM

im just bringin this up just to see if anyone by any chance knows why that one model is invisible. ill try to give some info to see if im doin somethin wrong-

I am using faramirs stuff to get the mount on aragorns list of upgrades (for example in commandset.ini i replaced aragorns elendil with faramirs knight toggle) BUT in aragorn.ini i do have the aragorn mount model on there.

I did put the mount upgrade on experiencelevels.ini

thats all the info i can give i think unless u ask me a question and ill probly be able to answer it.

edit- also if i am supposed to make a seperate, independent aragorn mount toggle then im gonna need a guide or somethin to know how. sorry to be such a pain...but thats only if aragorn needs his own independent horse toggle

Edited by SquallBK, 09 April 2007 - 08:33 PM.

#9 zimoo

zimoo

Ecthelion of the Fountain

• Project Team
  • 2,009 posts
  • Projects:Lurking until the off topic begins...
  •  Guardian of the Books

Posted 10 April 2007 - 08:46 AM

In your modeling program, rename the main mesh from ARAGORN_MESH to ARAGORNMESH :rolleyes:
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Playing games? Ah, you'll never be a good modder if you get involved in actually playing them!

#10 Pixel

Pixel

• Hosted
  • 2,451 posts

Posted 11 April 2007 - 07:00 AM

Possible reasons why your model wont show:
1.Model/Mesh name is to long.
2.Spelt the model name correctly in the object.ini
3.Make sure your model is in art\w3d\first 2 letters of your model name\model here.
4.Make sure your asset.dat is made correctly.
5.Sometimes i get a error if my asset.dat has a path like desktop\asset.dat in finalbig... If yours is like this try renaming it to just asset.dat

#11 SquallBK

SquallBK

Coder

• Project Team
  • 221 posts
  •  Coder

Posted 21 April 2007 - 11:58 PM

well now that ive learned about adding textures and stuff i guess its back here where i left off. i followed the steps i remembered but still the mounted model appears invisible( i redid the model in case i did anything wrong before) but still the model is invisible. i got the attachment here if anyone wants to look at it, figured that would be quicker and faster. what i did was basically add faramir's mounting info (but of course with MY model) but of course its not working.. so if someone could help it would be appreciated because im pretty sure once i learn how to do this i should learn alot more about modelling (which i know ive said that alot but its true)

Attached File  aragorn.rar   151.56KB   23 downloads

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users