Animations - that EA never used!

• Please log in to reply
108 replies to this topic

#1 watsupcuz

watsupcuz
  • Members
  • 107 posts

Posted 09 April 2007 - 06:20 AM

I made this topic to hopefully have some cool animations that EA made but didnt use to be put back into this game, and there is no mod better to put the animations in than SEE. I hopefully will be able to update this lots but you never know.

The first is the mountain giant crouching, i bit strage but makes them seem a bit more realistic.
Attached File  MountainCrouch.wmv   2.71MB   334 downloads

Also Nazgul i was wondering if u could increase the amount of Mega Bytes i can post becasue at the moment thats all i can post.

Edited by Nazgûl, 10 April 2007 - 02:27 AM.

Posted Image

#2 cahik_

cahik_

Sage engine ruler

• Project Team
  • 1,896 posts
  • Projects:Rhovanion Alliance
  •  T3A Team Chamber Member and Crazy animator

Posted 09 April 2007 - 08:01 AM

there are many unused anims around :shiftee: very bad that noone can import those anims propertly to max/gmax. it would allow us to bring so many new things to the game.

Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image

#3 watsupcuz

watsupcuz
  • Members
  • 107 posts

Posted 09 April 2007 - 10:02 AM

Another thing i would like to mention is that if anyone has seen an animation like i the collectors edition that wasnt included in the game please tell me because it is long work looking through random units animations.

Oh Before u ask, no i havent seen the Legolas kills mumakil animation. which is strange because i have found most the others that were in the video. I do know i bit about the power such as the name and picture of it and that is it.

In other news something that i think will be very important, in what thought was to be impossible because of it needed animations and the SEE team didnt have an animator, during my time looking through the animations i have found 4 differnt animations of the rohirrim archers running and shooting at the same time!! So with any luck these animations will be able to be used. Since i dont no what coding to use i guess i will have to wait for Nazgul to try them, Just ask nazgul and i will give u the names of the animations.

EDIT: ok just had a look at the rohirrim archer horde and it already has the codes for it moving, so... it just a matter of figuring out how to get it to fire while attacking.

Edited by watsupcuz, 09 April 2007 - 10:22 AM.

Posted Image

#4 Mordor Slayer

Mordor Slayer

SEE Marketing Manager

• Project Team
  • 1,424 posts
  • Projects:BFME2 - Nazgûl's Special Extended Edition

Posted 09 April 2007 - 11:35 AM

That's great! Thanks for your help!
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#5 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  •  Veteran

Posted 09 April 2007 - 02:45 PM

YEAH, coool, we want that idle anim for the giants in game... The only questin is how, lol. I'll sweep through the ini looking for uncommented things. How did you make the scenario for the video? Is that worldbuilder or is it in game?

And PLEASE do tell Whatsup if you guys find any more anims that we could display here. That would make this a great gallery for discussions and possibilities of adding stuff :lol:

there are many unused anims around :lol: very bad that noone can import those anims propertly to max/gmax. it would allow us to bring so many new things to the game.

Why can't they be imported? ;) And speaking of Cahik... who would I have to kill to get you on the SEE Team? :xd: From what I gather you're the best animator on this forum? :blink:

The Lego slayer thing is probably not there cause it's done like a movie and not like an anim. But I think they PLANNED it though, since the art for Lego has the Mumak picture as a button... :/ Maybe someone like Cahik could kame a simpler but still somewhat cool anim for Lego based on that? ;)

The Rohirrim shooting while moving is also REALLY wanted, but people say that the problem is to lock their torsos from spinning 360 degrees... I don't know myself since I'm indeed no animator... I don't even have such programs. I know coding and skinning... that's it :( But I'll sweep the Rohirrim codes as well for uncommented things...

Good work on the video Whatsup... keep them coming :shiftee: (I don't know how you can post bigger files? Maybe if I promote you to team status?)

Edited by Nazgûl, 09 April 2007 - 02:48 PM.

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
"Do not come between the Nazgûl and his mod!"
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> I S.E.E. YOU! <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#6 m@tt

m@tt

#######

• Project Team
  • 4,056 posts
  • Projects:The Dwarf Holds
  •  T3A Chamber Member

Posted 09 April 2007 - 03:03 PM

You would have to kill Dain, Nertea, Celeglin, me, Ched and the various other RA staffers. He's ours! :shiftee:

;) whatever, it's his choice really

Edited by mh_gollum, 09 April 2007 - 03:05 PM.

Posted Image

#7 Dain Ironfoot

Dain Ironfoot

No sex please, we're Dwarves

• Hosted
  • 1,655 posts
  • Projects:The Peninsular War
  •  I aten't dead.

Posted 09 April 2007 - 03:05 PM

Those Rohirrim animations were found and drooled over by modders since the game was released. But we never made anything of 'em, noones worked out how. Judging by the code, original plan was to play these anims as turret rotation. Doesn't work as far as we can tell.

Dain: Arr Nertea: yarrrr Dain: haharrrr Nertea: graaawwwr Dain: oaaaaaaaarr Nertea: .... honk?

#8 Mordor Slayer

Mordor Slayer

SEE Marketing Manager

• Project Team
  • 1,424 posts

Posted 09 April 2007 - 03:57 PM

Those Rohirrim animations were found and drooled over by modders since the game was released. But we never made anything of 'em, noones worked out how. Judging by the code, original plan was to play these anims as turret rotation. Doesn't work as far as we can tell.

Dain of RA on our forums! I'm honoured :thumbsupsmiley: :thumbsupsmiley: .
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#9 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  •  Veteran

Posted 09 April 2007 - 10:08 PM

I concur! :wub:
And that's pretty much what I figured too from reading about it before... It seems to hard coded :/

You would have to kill Dain, Nertea, Celeglin, me, Ched and the various other RA staffers. He's ours! :thumbsupsmiley:

:huh: whatever, it's his choice really

:thumbsupsmiley: Well I wouldn't wanna do that, so I can only hope he gets boored when RA in finished and released in the future... and might wanna get back to modding by helping us out too :thumbsupsmiley:

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg

#10 watsupcuz

watsupcuz
  • Members
  • 107 posts

Posted 10 April 2007 - 01:02 AM

Well to to get idle animations ingame is easy just find the rest of the idle animations heres the code of the origanal code of the idle animations of the mountain giant.

IdleAnimationState
			StateName = Idle
			AllowRepeatInRandomPick = Yes
			Flags = RESTART_ANIM_WHEN_COMPLETE		

Animation = stand
				AnimationName		= WUMntGnt_SKL.WUMntGnt_IDLB
				AnimationMode		= ONCE
				AnimationPriority	= 60
			End
			Animation = tugarmour
				AnimationName		= WUMntGnt_SKL.WUMntGnt_IDLD
				AnimationMode		= ONCE
				AnimationPriority	= 10
			End
			Animation = scratchbutt
				AnimationName		= WUMntGnt_SKL.WUMntGnt_IDLC
				AnimationMode		= ONCE
				AnimationPriority	= 5
			End
			Animation = bugstep
				AnimationName		= WUMntGnt_SKL.WUMntGnt_IDLE
				AnimationMode		= ONCE
				AnimationPriority	= 5
			End

Now to get a new animation in you just have to know what the animation names are, for the crouching mountain giant The name is WUMntGnt_IDLF. As u can see there is a trend with them as the rest of the idle animations are IDLA, IDLB,IDlC etc. IDL standing for idle obviously and the A,B,C just the animations of them. so to get the animation in just cooy the code of The IDLE idle animation and change the name of the animation toWUMntGnt_IDLF, so basically just change the E to and F.

You can change the animation Priority higher if u like, i take it you would know what it would do if u changed it higher.

so basically if u want to add this ingame( o yea by the way that was in game the video) just add this code in the mountain giant animations for idle

Animation = bugstep
				AnimationName		= WUMntGnt_SKL.WUMntGnt_IDLF
				AnimationMode		= ONCE
				AnimationPriority	= 10
			End

Posted Image

#11 watsupcuz

watsupcuz
  • Members
  • 107 posts

Posted 10 April 2007 - 01:42 AM

OK new animation for the mountain giant, decided id post here considering there is no room left in top post :thumbsupsmiley:

OK it is some sort of rampage thing htat the troll has when it is dying, i tell ya what i wouldnt want to get in the way of that.

Attached File  Rampage.wmv   1.94MB   165 downloads
Posted Image

#12 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  •  Veteran

Posted 10 April 2007 - 02:23 AM

SERIOUSLY COOL!!! :thumbsupsmiley: :wub:
And I love that you seem to be working through one unit at a time... I mean instead of randomly, this will be more organized! I think I could connect a weapon to that animation, and yes that would defenitely be a rampage weapon of major sort! The trick would be to make him use that just before he dies... But we wants it, somehow! :thumbsupsmiley:

And heres the first one you found - Now in SEE! Good job Whatsup! :thumbsupsmiley: I know it kinda looks like he's taking a crap, but what the hell... You gotta rest your legs every one in a while when you're carrying all that body weight, right? hehe
Posted Image

Edited by Nazgûl, 10 April 2007 - 02:25 AM.

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg

#13 watsupcuz

watsupcuz
  • Members
  • 107 posts

Posted 10 April 2007 - 08:29 AM

LOL^^

I was going to say that about him taking a crap but i sort of didnt want to bring attention to it, but hey seeing it said made me laugh. I dont know how to set it to him before he dies, i even looked at the troll animations but it didnt seem to make any sence for it to work at the moment it hits that health.
Posted Image

#14 Sûlherokhh

Sûlherokhh

Sagacious Engineer

• Project Team
  • 3,754 posts
  • Projects:S.E.E., Sage A.I., Code Advisor
  •  'Axe'er of the Gordic Knot

Posted 10 April 2007 - 08:45 AM

I think I could connect a weapon to that animation, and yes that would defenitely be a rampage weapon of major sort! The trick would be to make him use that just before he dies... But we wants it, somehow! :rolleyes:

Instead of the 'Body = ActiveBody' we need the giant to have something like the troll has (with other values):
Body = DelayedDeathBody ModuleTag_02
		MaxHealth				= M_CAVE_TROLL_HEALTH;BALANCE CaveTroll Health
		MaxHealthDamaged		= 250
		MaxHealthReallyDamaged	= 100
	;;RecoveryTime			= 5000
		DoHealthCheck			= No		;// Don't want to get the delayed death behaviour when we die normally.
		DelayedDeathTime		= 5000
		CanRespawn				= No		;// Unit can't get revived.
	End

I remember in BfME1 someone gave it to Boromir as the ability 'Last Stand'.

bannerreal01mittelit3.jpg
Axed Head and A.I. Coder for S.E.E. and ... stuff

".. coding is basically boring. What's fun is finding out how things work, take them apart and then put them together in ways that were not intended nor even conceived."

#15 zimoo

zimoo

Ecthelion of the Fountain

• Project Team
  • 2,009 posts
  • Projects:Lurking until the off topic begins...
  •  Guardian of the Books

Posted 10 April 2007 - 09:02 AM

AnimationState = WEAPONSET_RAMPAGE
			Animation = GetMad
				AnimationName = MUMntTroll_SKL.MUMntTroll_RPGC
				AnimationMode = LOOP
			End
		End

WeaponSet
		Conditions		  = RAMPAGE
		Weapon			  = PRIMARY	MordorCaveTrollRampage
	End

WeaponSet
		Conditions		  = RAMPAGE PASSENGER_TYPE_ONE
		Weapon			  = PRIMARY	MordorCaveTrollTreeRampage
	End

In mountaintroll.ini, as well as the bit Sul posted.

<EventList Name="TrollFunctions" Inherit="BaseScriptFunctions">
		<EventHandler EventName="ReallyDamaged"	ScriptFunctionName="GoIntoRampage" DebugSingleStep="false"/>
		<EventHandler EventName="OnCreated" ScriptFunctionName="OnTrollCreated" DebugSingleStep="false"/>
		<EventHandler EventName="OnGenericEvent" ScriptFunctionName="OnTrollGenericEvent" DebugSingleStep="false"/>
		<EventHandler EventName="BeTerrified" ScriptFunctionName="BecomeTerrified" DebugSingleStep="false"/>
	</EventList>

In scriptevents.xml, notice the first EventHandler line.

function GoIntoRampage(self)
	ObjectEnterRampageState(self)

--Broadcast fear to surrounding unit(if we actually rampaged)
	if ObjectTestModelCondition(self, "WEAPONSET_RAMPAGE") then
		ObjectBroadcastEventToUnits(self, "BeAfraidOfRampage", 250)
	end
end

Scripts.lua, telling troll to go into the WEAPONSET_RAMPAGE condition state which is linked to the weapon.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Playing games? Ah, you'll never be a good modder if you get involved in actually playing them!

#16 watsupcuz

watsupcuz
  • Members
  • 107 posts

Posted 10 April 2007 - 10:02 AM

Here a quick video about 11 seconds of 4 differetn mountain giant animations that could be used, the first looks like it picking up a tree or something, the second of it picking up a person and chucking them, the 3rd of it running at full speed, and the 4th of another death animation of it falling forward. ( this was done in W3D viewer)

Attached File  MountainGiant.wmv   794.58KB   160 downloads
Posted Image

#17 Sûlherokhh

Sûlherokhh

Sagacious Engineer

• Project Team
  • 3,754 posts
  • Projects:S.E.E., Sage A.I., Code Advisor
  •  'Axe'er of the Gordic Knot

Posted 10 April 2007 - 10:17 AM

@zimoo: Thanks. I wanted to go to through the rest of the inis later. Now you've done the works. :rolleyes:

@watsupcuz: Great stuff! I am really getting bored by the giant always falling backward! ;-)

bannerreal01mittelit3.jpg
Axed Head and A.I. Coder for S.E.E. and ... stuff

".. coding is basically boring. What's fun is finding out how things work, take them apart and then put them together in ways that were not intended nor even conceived."

#18 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  •  Veteran

Posted 10 April 2007 - 01:38 PM

Yes, thank YOU Zimoo... I wish you were on the team as well... :rolleyes:

And big thanks to Whatsup too, for all his animation research. I think Im gonna promote you to team status soon, if you'd like? :p

I love them all, the more animations the better - it's only a question of what's doable and what's not. That falling forward is already in the ini, but commented out with something about it missing something to complete it... :/

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg

#19 watsupcuz

watsupcuz
  • Members
  • 107 posts

Posted 11 April 2007 - 01:11 AM

Well ihave tried the falling forward one in my game, it does fall forward but doesnt knock men over. i think that would be in weopen.ini but not sure.
Posted Image

#20 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  •  Veteran

Posted 11 April 2007 - 01:22 AM

Yeah, it says...

// DIEB falls forward and cannot be used until there is an equivalent RDIEB so that the DeathWeapon can match properly

I'll look into it :grin:

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users