Animations - that EA never used!

• Please log in to reply
108 replies to this topic

#21 watsupcuz

watsupcuz
  • Members
  • 107 posts

Posted 11 April 2007 - 01:58 AM

Great! I guess i continue looking at animations, i have noticed one of the mumakils death animation involves it standing up on its two legs then falling over like in the movie when theoden yells "bring it down, bring it down".
Posted Image

#22 m@tt

m@tt

#######

• Project Team
  • 4,056 posts
  • Projects:The Dwarf Holds
  •  T3A Chamber Member

Posted 11 April 2007 - 08:03 AM

That would be awesome, speaking of, will the mumakil charge properly when on fire (never works for me on bfme1). Perhaps you can make it charge when on fire and stand up when bombarded with normal arrows? If possible
Posted Image

#23 cahik_

cahik_

Sage engine ruler

• Project Team
  • 1,896 posts
  • Projects:Rhovanion Alliance
  •  T3A Team Chamber Member and Crazy animator

Posted 11 April 2007 - 08:25 AM

You would have to kill Dain, Nertea, Celeglin, me, Ched and the various other RA staffers.

Dain probably would be biggest problem :blink: :blink:

anyways i cant really do much on BFME2 anims since noone cant import any of them to max/renx (unless someone write new w3d importer). it would meant that i need to do everything from scratch...and that isnt good idea :grin:

seriously i dont think that i am that good animator. i made some variations on existing anim and few anims from scratch...nothig that special :blink:

Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image

#24 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  • Projects:BFME2 - Nazgûl's Special Extended Edition
  •  Veteran

Posted 11 April 2007 - 12:44 PM

Yes, well like I said I tried the Mumak standing detah anim, and it looked GREAT, up until when he actually was supposed to fall over, which it didn't. So basically it's very movie like up until that. Then it just sits there like a statue for a while and then it *poff* dissapears! Too bad... and with someone sp skilled as Cahik says those things, my hopes of fixes cool stuff like that is pretty much gone :S

I think we are more or less forced to use things that are complete, but only lacking code - like the rampage of the giant and the crouch that is alredy reinstated. The falling forward death have the same problem as the mumak - it is missing animation. Really sad that we can't just implement ALL missing anims, hehe :/

And Cahik, you shouldnt be so modest :blink: I've seen a lot of your work, even if it's mostly models, and those are all awesome! If you ever had the time I'd surely like to have you on the team, even if it would only be off and on :grin: I'd like to hear if you know anything more about the eagles death too... currently they drop, and continue "flying" still on the ground for a while. Looks somewhat strange... Darn, I wish those anims could be edited :blink:

Edited by Nazgûl, 11 April 2007 - 12:45 PM.

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
"Do not come between the Nazgûl and his mod!"
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> I S.E.E. YOU! <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#25 cahik_

cahik_

Sage engine ruler

• Project Team
  • 1,896 posts

Posted 11 April 2007 - 10:19 PM

just was a bit bored. so i try a short anim. click to take a look. it takes less them 15 minutes to make this one. it isnt very polished but still will look good ingame.

side note: someone really should tell to some manager at EA that i can animate and i dont way that high salary as their animators :p :)

Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image

#26 zimoo

zimoo

Ecthelion of the Fountain

• Project Team
  • 2,009 posts
  • Projects:Lurking until the off topic begins...
  •  Guardian of the Books

Posted 11 April 2007 - 10:23 PM

Oh man he really does look like he's taking a crap :p

Nice anim though, simple yet effective, the perfect combination :)
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Playing games? Ah, you'll never be a good modder if you get involved in actually playing them!

#27 Pixel

Pixel

• Hosted
  • 2,451 posts

Posted 11 April 2007 - 10:39 PM

Wierd, I cant watch any videos anyone posts.... Just comes up with page cannot be found :p

#28 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  •  Veteran

Posted 11 April 2007 - 11:29 PM

Weird, I could see it? I just did.... :)

just was a bit bored. so i try a short anim. click to take a look. it takes less them 15 minutes to make this one. it isnt very polished but still will look good ingame.

side note: someone really should tell to some manager at EA that i can animate and i dont way that high salary as their animators :) ;)

You mean you made this one from scratch now? :p I can't really tell the difference from the EA one that we put in the mod? BUt if you did it, good work! And yeah, I second that... they should hire many guys from this forum! ^_^

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg

#29 cahik_

cahik_

Sage engine ruler

• Project Team
  • 1,896 posts

Posted 12 April 2007 - 06:08 AM

You mean you made this one from scratch now? mellow.gif

yup i did cause i cant import bfme2 anims :p

Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image

#30 adummy

adummy

Keep it Clean!

• Project Team
  • 1,760 posts

Posted 12 April 2007 - 06:10 AM

i must say cahik, you have yet again shown us your great/unneeded animations :p

Edited by adummy, 12 April 2007 - 06:12 AM.

Posted Image

#31 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  •  Veteran

Posted 12 April 2007 - 06:59 AM

Well then Cahik... what do I have to do to get you to do some work for SEE? :p :)

Mainly this mod would need:

- Better falling death for Eagles and Fellbeasts (the Dragons look good with their explosions I think)...
My wish is to have them, when dying:
0) Remove the explosion
1) Twitch backwards and scream (same effect as when hit)
2) Fall half the speed from now, and TURN while in air to land on it's BACK (this would be the new anim) + CRUSH damage equal to 2 + smoke puff FX!
3) Explode! (using the existing anim for that, moved here) with added Knockback and Meta Impact damage!
Wouldn't THAT be cool? :)

- A skeleton decay anim for Giants having fallen forwards... so we can use that nice existing anim...

- A completion of the cool "sitting" death for Mumaks (falling over plus skeleton decay)... again so we can use that nice existing anim...

- and whatever else you might think of... hehe ;)

Sunds like fun? lol ^_^;);)

Edited by Nazgûl, 12 April 2007 - 07:08 AM.

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg

#32 cahik_

cahik_

Sage engine ruler

• Project Team
  • 1,896 posts

Posted 12 April 2007 - 07:20 AM

- Better falling death for Eagles and Fellbeasts (the Dragons look good with their explosions I think)...
- A skeleton decay anim for Giants having fallen forwards... so we can use that nice existing anim...
- A completion of the cool "sitting" death for Mumaks (falling over plus skeleton decay)... again so we can use that nice existing anim...

- all falling death anims for eagles and fellbeasts are allready ingame, just take a look at their anims...it is here
- cant do that skeleton decay for gianst cause as first i would need to pose the death body of giant into exactly same position as he have at the end of death anim...which i cant do cause i have no reference about the body position
- all death anims for mumakil looks quite fine. i didnt find any uncomplete anim there...there are 3 death anims for them. it is quite enough IMO

Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image

#33 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  •  Veteran

Posted 12 April 2007 - 07:38 AM

Allright, thanks... I though it was worth a shot to ask though :p

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg

#34 watsupcuz

watsupcuz
  • Members
  • 107 posts

Posted 12 April 2007 - 10:06 AM

Heres the falling death animation of the nazgul the animation name by the way is cufellbst_diea.

Attached File  nazgul1.wmv   286.73KB   215 downloads
Posted Image

#35 Sûlherokhh

Sûlherokhh

Sagacious Engineer

• Project Team
  • 3,754 posts
  • Projects:S.E.E., Sage A.I., Code Advisor
  •  'Axe'er of the Gordic Knot

Posted 12 April 2007 - 11:27 AM

Cool!!! We needs it!

bannerreal01mittelit3.jpg
Axed Head and A.I. Coder for S.E.E. and ... stuff

".. coding is basically boring. What's fun is finding out how things work, take them apart and then put them together in ways that were not intended nor even conceived."

#36 Mordor Slayer

Mordor Slayer

SEE Marketing Manager

• Project Team
  • 1,424 posts

Posted 12 April 2007 - 11:31 AM

That looks cool indeed. Nazgul said the animation wasn't that good, but I don't see what's wrong?
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#37 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  •  Veteran

Posted 12 April 2007 - 04:39 PM

Heres the falling death animation of the nazgul the animation name by the way is cufellbst_diea.

Attached File  nazgul1.wmv   286.73KB   215 downloads

THAT is E X A C T L Y what I wanted for the Fellbeasts! But my statement was regarding EAGLES, not Fellbeasts. I had never seen that anim before, but it happened to be precicely what I wanted and had imagined for the Fellbeasts AND the Eagles. This anim is for the Fellbeast and INDEED we want it. I'll ask Cahik if he can guide me how to put it in there :p

Unfortionately the anim for the Egales is not like that, they simply lower down and "fly" still on the ground. Perhaps Whatsup can show us like this? :lol:

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg

#38 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  •  Veteran

Posted 12 April 2007 - 06:22 PM

Tried to see what would happen if I simply switched to that anim in the codes, but nothing happened. Still same explosion :/

AnimationState = DYING
 			Animation = DyingA
				AnimationName = CUFellBst_SKL.CUFellBst_DIEA //CUFellBst_HVRC
				  AnimationMode = LOOP
				  AnimationBlendTime = 10
				AnimationSpeedFactorRange = 0.5 0.5
			  End
			  StateName = DYING
		End

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg

#39 watsupcuz

watsupcuz
  • Members
  • 107 posts

Posted 13 April 2007 - 01:28 AM

Yea sure here it is, not as good as i expected but it still falls, but i dont know if their will be a problem because you will actually need to use two animations to get it to work, the first one is called gugwaihir_diee.
and that is it actually falling as u see in the video, the next part of the animation is it hitting the ground, and thats called, gugwaihir_dief. No way can i tell u how to hook them together but yea, not the best animation but it is still better then the explosion i think.

Attached File  eagle1.wmv   200.79KB   166 downloads
Posted Image

#40 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  •  Veteran

Posted 13 April 2007 - 02:09 AM

Absolutely!!! That one is WAY better then the explosion, and that is NOT the one I have enabled currently. Cahik helped me do it, but I think I did something wrong, since all they do yet is lower thier flight and "land" like a plane, continuing to "fly" but without moving and without beeing selectable. Then they dissapear. Cahik wasn't that interested in doing any more work though, so I need to search for another animator or likewise that could help out with enabling some of these cool animation things. Love your work though searching for them and posting clips, since I dont have the program you use to look at them, and no time to do it :p Let's hope we find an animator/coder that can help out with this for next release :p

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users