S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  • Projects:BFME2 - Nazgûl's Special Extended Edition
  •  Veteran

Posted 11 April 2007 - 01:01 AM

Beta III - complete FIX-list!

Supporting EA Patch 1.06!

It has been so many changes, additions and fixes along the road towards FINAL rel now, that I decided that I no longer want to support v1.1. This version "v1.2" is SO much better now that I feel the time is right to release a third Beta, so you "fans" of this mod, crew and all others can benefit from all the work I've put into this project! This is the complete fix list for Beta III - enjoy!
:blink:

And remember - this is still a SKIRMISH mod, only!

------------------------------------------------------------------------
SEE Beta release v1.1 Reports & FIXES for v1.2 - BETA III
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Credits are given where the solution didn't come from me //Nazgûl :blink:

GAME
----------
- All players of this mod, regardless of retail version, should benefit from the Collectors's Edition stuff that I have decided will fit into this mod!
>>> FIXED! Credit: SULHEROKHH!

- Gollum could climb walls in the movie! He should be able to do the same in game!
>>> FIXED!

CaH
----------
- Remove the ugly star above their heads!
>>> FIXED! Credit: SULHEROKHH!

- CaH Troll hits like a WHIMP! Really needs its own weapon with higher damage! Units should NOT rise more than twice!
>>> FIXED!

ALL FACTIONS
----------
- Forged Blades should use the BLUE fx for ALL factions! The red one glows far too strong and makes the game have an unsuitable “Star Wars” feeling. The more subtle blue is the way to go for ALL units, regardless of faction!
>>> FIXED! Credit: ITHRONAIWENDIL

- Wall Segments should stretch longer than 8 segments before need of hub! 15 should do it!
>>> FIXED! Credit: SULHEROKHH

- Many heroes are to big compared to units, so many of them needs to be adjusted in size!
>>> FIXED!

- ALL heroes should get better skins where needed! No more low res skins!!!
>>> FIXED! Credit: Mixed contributors! See separate credit list in ReadMe and on SEE WebStation!
(Only hobbit heroes remain now, and they are pending for next release!)

- All ships need even better balance in weapon (damage) and armor. They also need better locomotor and SCALE to look and act more like SHIPS and not toys in a bath tub!
>>> FIXED!

MEN
----------
- Gondor Barracks need better button for Heavy Armor.
>>> FIXED!

- Rohan Heroic Statue & Well needs area markings on ground + FX!
>>> FIXED!

- Ithilien Rangers needs new better looking (high res) skin (like the Dunedain Rangers), and with covered faces like in the movies.
>>> FIXED!

ELVES
----------
- Ents should be much bigger!
>>> FIXED!

- Hobbit House needs new art (icon and picture) that is house instead of hobbits.
>>> FIXED!

- Noldor Warriors have very low res skin - They REALLY need a serious new reskin!
>>> FIXED!

- Lórien Warriors also have very low res skin - same need of reskin!
>>> FIXED!
- Lórien Warriors can stealth, but they shouldn't! (Logic: heavy armor)
>>> FIXED!

- Lórien Archers uses same HA skin as Lórien Swordsmen! They need their own HA skin!
>>> FIXED!

- Mithlond Sentries need reskin for HA with less yellow, that makes it look less like "mustard-ish", and more like some kind of elven metal like the Noldor armor!
>>> FIXED!

- Rivendell Lancers need reskin for HA with less yellow, that makes it look less like "mustard-ish", and more like some kind of elven metal like the Noldor armor!
>>> FIXED!

- Haldir is in bad need of a reskin to high res!
>>> FIXED!

- Legolas is also badly in need of a high res reskin!
>>> FIXED! Credit: CELEGLIN of "The Elven Aliance" (all but face and hair)!

DWARVES
----------
- All Dwarven heroes (except CaH) have a strange blue light glow from beneth? Remove it!
>>> FIXED! Credit: ZIMOO

- King Dain needs a minor reskin of hair from white to brown! Including new buttons!
>>> FIXED!

- Gloin needs a minor reskin of hair from red to white! Including new buttons!
>>> FIXED!

- Gimli need reskin to look more like Gimli and a new more suitable button for Jump Attack!
>>> FIXED!

- Dwarven HA skins, incl Men of Dale, needs re-skin again. Better! This time to actually look like Mithril!
>>> FIXED!

- Dwarven Berserkers needs a Banner Carrier!
>>> FIXED!

MORDOR
----------
- Haradrim Archers needs reskin! The skin for HA is high res, and the skin for low armor is low res! They need to have high res for both, and the cloth around their heads should stay black, even with HA, since it's only cloth!
>>> FIXED!

- Easterlings skins are low res, but still pretty good. The HA is slightly worse though, so they need reskin for HA with more details!
>>> FIXED!

- Orc Archers should be visible when using Siege Tower!
>>> FIXED!

- The Nazgûls needs high res skins!
>>> FIXED!

- Mûmakils should get their War Paint on level 5 instead of 2 as an indication of veterancy!
>>> FIXED!

- The Grond should be MUCH bigger, to match the movies!!! That will also require serious crushing damage modification!
>>> FIXED!

ISENGARD
----------
- "Summon Smaug" (Dragon Strike) needs reskin and scaling! Smaug is described as golden/red. Therefore he needs new skin, instead of the booring beige/grey he has now! He should also be bigger, like 100% (twice) his size, which would make him far larger than the "normal" dragons, just like it should be in the world of Tolkien!
>>> FIXED!

GOBLINS
----------
- Mountain Giants should be slightly bigger. There's also an unused idle animation that should be added!
>>> FIXED! Credit for anim: WHATSUPCUZ

- Shelob could climb walls pretty effortlessly in the movies! She should be able to do the same in game!
>>> FIXED!

That's it for this time!
FINAL release will hopefully be this early summer, depending on me getting a bigger crew/team together or not... :grin:

Download Beta III for now though, and... I hope you'll enjoy it as much as I do! :blink:

Edited by Nazgûl, 13 April 2007 - 07:55 PM.

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
"Do not come between the Nazgûl and his mod!"
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> I S.E.E. YOU! <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#2 Mordor Slayer

Mordor Slayer

SEE Marketing Manager

• Project Team
  • 1,424 posts

Posted 11 April 2007 - 03:41 PM

Have you already looked at the possibility to implement the ability for armies to keep their formations while marching?
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#3 Sûlherokhh

Sûlherokhh

Sagacious Engineer

• Project Team
  • 3,754 posts
  • Projects:S.E.E., Sage A.I., Code Advisor
  •  'Axe'er of the Gordic Knot

Posted 11 April 2007 - 03:48 PM

If you look in the main modding forum. You can see that i already asked about it. I tried and tried last year. It's hardcoded. Damn.

bannerreal01mittelit3.jpg
Axed Head and A.I. Coder for S.E.E. and ... stuff

".. coding is basically boring. What's fun is finding out how things work, take them apart and then put them together in ways that were not intended nor even conceived."

#4 Mordor Slayer

Mordor Slayer

SEE Marketing Manager

• Project Team
  • 1,424 posts

Posted 11 April 2007 - 04:18 PM

But EA did it in ROTWK, right? Can't we just use that code?
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#5 Sûlherokhh

Sûlherokhh

Sagacious Engineer

• Project Team
  • 3,754 posts

Posted 11 April 2007 - 06:54 PM

No. We can't use code from another game. Sorry. Anyway, it would be either the a .dat file, or the main .exe file we'd have to use.

".. coding is basically boring. What's fun is finding out how things work, take them apart and then put them together in ways that were not intended nor even conceived."

#6 clonecommand

clonecommand

title available

• Members
  • 1,243 posts

Posted 11 April 2007 - 07:20 PM

I want to scream! I saw all the changes, was going "WOW!" and then it says link later this week. :p

Oh well, it looks really fun. I still haven't been able to bring my self to play ROTWK because this is so fun.

#7 Lauri

Lauri

Old man Lauri

• Hosted
  • 10,436 posts
  • Projects:The 4th Age
  •  The very worst T3A Team Chamber Member

Posted 11 April 2007 - 07:27 PM

"the ability for armies to keep their formations while marching" is hard-coded for RotWK, alas in files you REALLY don't wanna mess with :) Most likely in the game.dat as the rest of the game lies in.... sorry :p but you shouldn't mess with that file :) at all!

T4A_Logo_-_article.png

The 4th Age version 0.8 has been released: Link

#8 Mordor Slayer

Mordor Slayer

SEE Marketing Manager

• Project Team
  • 1,424 posts

Posted 11 April 2007 - 09:01 PM

Ah ok, I understand now :p .

Chris, what still needs to be done actually? I mean for the final release?
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#9 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  •  Veteran

Posted 11 April 2007 - 11:16 PM

The stuff that has not the words "FIXED" on the ToDO List + some very cool additions that Sulherokhh suggested and I liked, well almost all of them ;) I will list them in the next ToDo List which will be a new thread where I move over the things that are left from this one and complete with the new ones. All to make this mod one one the best out there for BFME2 (hopefully). The old ToDO List thread will be locked, so we can have fresh discussions about what lies ahead next :)

And oh yeah - I have set FRIDAY (the 13th :) ) as the release day for BETA III! I'm currenlty polishing all the STATUES and WELLS after having made them graphically and functionally better with the help of my first team member Sûlherokhh! :p

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg

#10 clonecommand

clonecommand

title available

• Members
  • 1,243 posts

Posted 13 April 2007 - 12:25 AM

Whoo hoo! I wouldn't have played it before Friday, anyway. Make sure it is out before 3:00 pm eastern time! :p

#11 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  •  Veteran

Posted 13 April 2007 - 01:04 AM

Hehe you mean as in eastern US? I'm not that familiar with time zones but I'm +1 from London I think... I'm on the other side of the big puddle u know, and I have no idea which time it will be where you are, but I will do my best to finish the last fixes tonight (it's 0300 hours am here now) :p

Sometime tomorrow (my time) the link will be up and everyone can download "S.E.E. - Beta III" :p

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg

#12 clonecommand

clonecommand

title available

• Members
  • 1,243 posts

Posted 13 April 2007 - 07:29 PM

Ah, the friends in Britain (or was that fiends :blink: ).

Yes, US time. It would be the time closest to the Atlantic, so maybe 3 hour time difference (the atlantic is 3,000 wide, and so is US, and there is three time zones in U.S., England is close to Germany, which is 5 hour.)

What ever... I play it when you release it!

#13 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  •  Veteran

Posted 13 April 2007 - 07:48 PM

It's out!!! :blink: :)

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg

#14 Sûlherokhh

Sûlherokhh

Sagacious Engineer

• Project Team
  • 3,754 posts

Posted 13 April 2007 - 07:58 PM

:blink: Sweet! I'm on it!

#15 clonecommand

clonecommand

title available

• Members
  • 1,243 posts

Posted 13 April 2007 - 07:58 PM

Can't find it. :blink:

#16 Sûlherokhh

Sûlherokhh

Sagacious Engineer

• Project Team
  • 3,754 posts

Posted 13 April 2007 - 08:02 PM

Click on the SEE Banner in my post.

#17 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  •  Veteran

Posted 13 April 2007 - 08:08 PM

Or mine... :blink:

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg

#18 clonecommand

clonecommand

title available

• Members
  • 1,243 posts

Posted 13 April 2007 - 08:15 PM

Got it!

I would have said something earlier, but explorer went funky on me as I tried to open the 10mb readme and two other pages. T3A is slow today, too.

#19 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  •  Veteran

Posted 13 April 2007 - 08:47 PM

Yes, the way PDF's is opened in Explorer is not that good... Microsoft should give Windows some kind of download bar (like with flash) so one can see how far it's gone. 10 Mb is pretty much if you're on a slow connecition, but it's only get bigger that ReadMe, and I must use high res to be able to zoom the pics... :S

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg

#20 clonecommand

clonecommand

title available

• Members
  • 1,243 posts

Posted 13 April 2007 - 10:50 PM

It only takes a couple seconds, but I was downloading+verifying the mod, downloading a readme, I think trying to open a page, and had another page open. A little much and I had to force quit.

I muct say Nazgul, you are a really responisve modder. Most don't reply back within 10 min. Actually most anyone doesn't do that. And you don't act superior, too. Kudos!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users