First of all, ensure you have DirectX 9.0c, the game will not run with anything older. You can check your version by going to Start and Run, then typing "dxdiag" (without quotes), it will tell you your version at the bottom of the System Information. If you do not have the latest version, you can download 9.0c here.
Next, please ensure that your computer actually meets or exceeds the minimum system requirements.
The minimum requirements are as follows:
- Windows XP or 32-bit version of Windows Vista
- 2GHz processor or greater for Windows XP systems
- 2.2GHz processor or greater for Windows Vista systems
- 512MB RAM or higher for XP systems
- 1GB RAM or higher for Vista systems
- At least 6GB of free hard disk space
- 64MB graphics card or greater for XP systems
- 128MB graphics card or greater for Vista systems
- DirectX 9.0c with 9.0c compatible sound card.
- An 8x or greater DVD drive
- NVIDIA GeForce4 MX series
- ATI Radeon 9200 / 9250 PCI
- NVIDIA GeForce 4 or greater (WinXP systems)
- NVIDIA GeForce 6100 or greater (WinV systems)
- ATI Radeon 8500 or greater (WinXP systems)
- ATI Radeon 9500 or greater (WinV systems)
Lastly, ensure that you have up to date drivers for your graphics and sound cards. Also ensure that your hardware is functioning properly. Windows Device Manager, accessed by right clicking on My Computer, then going to Manage, and Device Manager in the Computer Management window that appears, will tell you if any of your hardware is disconnected or malfunctioning.
If you have DirectX 9.0c, you meet or exceed the minimum requirements, and your hardware is working properly, then post your question. Remember to include as much detail as you can, i.e. system specs, what you did before the game crashed, etc. etc. and we will try to help as best we can.
Thanks for reading this.