Lif-alan

forum idiot

• Project Team
  • 76 posts
  • Projects:KoTW
  •  Mapper

Posted 13 April 2007 - 01:33 AM

Dear gothmog,
i have a proposition for you, and a good one too. As an avid player of bfme i suggest that you combine all of your mini mods, mods, and maps into one super mod.

it would be a mod to compete with Celgin's Elven Alliance, one of my very favorite mods.

only a suggestion my dear freind, but i think, and i belive other fans also do, that the only good mods are the ones that have much time invested into them and are revolutionary and good. your works have much time and care emmbedded into them.

one of your unoffical advisors, Lif-alan
92% of teens have moved onto rap. If you are part of the 8% that still listen to real music, copy and paste this into your signature
Funniest thing ive ever heard
everyone loves Magical Trevor!
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

What do you mean Reverend? I thought God used WorldBuilder to make the universe.

#2 adummy

adummy

Keep it Clean!

• Project Team
  • 1,760 posts

Posted 13 April 2007 - 02:08 AM

This has been suggestion and im pretty sure that the two of them had thought about it, but they work differently (dissappear then reappear).
Posted Image

#3 Pixel

Pixel

• Hosted
  • 2,451 posts

Posted 13 April 2007 - 10:20 AM

Lif-alan, Im pretty sure Gothmog is putting all of his mini-mods etc in to Kings of the West.

This has been suggestion and im pretty sure that the two of them had thought about it, but they work differently (dissappear then reappear).

Are you talking about Gto and Celeglin putting there mods together? If so he said "It would be a mod to compete with elven alliance" Not put your mod together. As far as i can see.. Sorry if i miss-read.

Edited by FlameGuard, 13 April 2007 - 10:21 AM.

#4 Lauri

Lauri

Old man Lauri

• Hosted
  • 10,436 posts
  • Projects:The 4th Age
  •  The very worst T3A Team Chamber Member

Posted 13 April 2007 - 12:58 PM

Cel and GtO has thought about it alright, but no news on that front besides it's not gonna happen with them leading the game....

Kings of the West is The Super Mod :p

T4A_Logo_-_article.png

The 4th Age version 0.8 has been released: Link

#5 GothmogtheOrc

GothmogtheOrc

Ruler of the Morgul Vale

• Hosted
  • 2,263 posts
  • Projects:Kings of the West Mod
  •  T3A Chamber Member - Retired

Posted 13 April 2007 - 07:07 PM

As FlameGuard, Adummy, and Lauri said, Kings of the West is the super mod you're mentioning ;) all, or nearly all, of my previous mods are in it as are several of my unreleased mods (blue wizards for example), maps, and much new stuff. In fact the mod is over half way done and I am very busy with it (to the exclusion of almost all else these days :) )

As for competing with Elven Alliance, I want to clarify that Cel and I are friends and I won't in any way compete with him or his mod, and fortunately there is no need... we can both co-exisit on the same forums with the same players playing the mods. He has the elves, I have Morgul and the evil side :blink:

Cel and I did at one point concider combining his mod and mine whenever they were both released, but this is now very unlikely. After kotw I don't plan to take on any more big mods and the thought of trying to combine the two mod's files at this point is a scary one due to their sizes. Also, both our mods have exceeded expectations (certainly kotw is exceeding my expectations, and I assume the same for tea and cel) and with that comes a certain pride in work well done, such that I don't think either of us would be as happy seeing the mods combined and loosing their unique-ness.

Thank you for the interest and the post Lif-alan ^_^

-GothmogtheOrc

Edit: @Lauri: were you trying to say that Cel and I are "leaving" the game? if so then I want to clarify that I have decided to stick around after kotw is finished doing small things here and there... whatever I feel like doing for myself or for others as I have the time. Kotw will be the last big mod I make but perhaps not the last mod I make. ;)

Edited by GothmogtheOrc, 13 April 2007 - 07:12 PM.

Nine%20rings.jpg
Click on my Sig to go to my BFME Modding site where you can download my mods.
KotW%20Morgul%20In-game.jpg
Kings of the West Mod Leader
*Retired. PM me if you need to get a hold of me as I'll get an email notification and should reply within a day or so*

#6 adummy

adummy

Keep it Clean!

• Project Team
  • 1,760 posts

Posted 13 April 2007 - 10:41 PM

but...but...but... I want Black Hawk Down :) ^_^ ;)
dont worry. i have a secert plan of combining RA, TEA, KOTW, SOTS, and all other mods to make the ulitmate mod :blink: ;) :p
Posted Image

#7 GothmogtheOrc

GothmogtheOrc

Ruler of the Morgul Vale

• Hosted
  • 2,263 posts

Posted 13 April 2007 - 11:27 PM

lol

so says he who doesn't mod ^_^ :)

you never know though... I've always wanted to make atleast the delta 'hoot' or whatever his name was.

I could see myself making a mini-bhd mod with maybe 3 heroes, a generic delta trooper, and a blackhawk... would be fun to model, skin, and code ;)

I'd also love to make a numenor mod with some of the kings of numenor and gondor in it... maybe with a system where the kings have a timer and only "live" so long before dieing and having a new king arise ;) just a thought I've been entertaining as I've read the old middle-earth histories in the appendixes and unfinished tales. Plus I could add in the numenorian units and make some new stuff :p

but that's all a long ways away.... I still have to finish kotw :blink:

-GothmogtheOrc

Nine%20rings.jpg
*Retired. PM me if you need to get a hold of me as I'll get an email notification and should reply within a day or so*

#8 m@tt

m@tt

#######

• Project Team
  • 4,056 posts
  • Projects:The Dwarf Holds
  •  T3A Chamber Member

Posted 14 April 2007 - 12:03 PM

I think he did mean "leading the game", as in the two are the most popular mod's out there for BFME 1, so a combination is unlikely for some reason.
Posted Image

#9 Lif-alan

Lif-alan

forum idiot

• Project Team
  • 76 posts
  • Projects:KoTW
  •  Mapper

Posted 15 April 2007 - 04:21 PM

I have been a fool. in my ignoorance i did not even glance at the "kings of the west mod beforei posted. The Kings of The Wast was presicly whay i was aiming to propose. This was my origional intention thougha combination of the Elven Alliance and The creations of Gothmog is very appealing.

I have also been a fool for suggesting a rivalry between Gothmog and Celgin. In no way did i mean to do this. I love the elves and dislike playing evil. So for a evil mod to be intesesting enough to make me want to start a evil campaing is no small feat. in no way was i suggesting compettion between modders, i was only refering to the battle between mods in my mind. i have probably insulted, you gothmog, and ask for your forgiveness. i also ask to repay you for this folley of mine. i am no good moder but am a fair map maker, i am a fairly seasoned veteran of the game without any mods and can d a variety of voices. if in any way i could repay youi would. Just ask and i shall try. :huh:

I have been a fool. in my ignoorance i did not even glance at the "kings of the west mod beforei posted. The Kings of The Wast was presicly whay i was aiming to propose. This was my origional intention thougha combination of the Elven Alliance and The creations of Gothmog is very appealing.

I have also been a fool for suggesting a rivalry between Gothmog and Celgin. In no way did i mean to do this. I love the elves and dislike playing evil. So for a evil mod to be intesesting enough to make me want to start a evil campaing is no small feat. in no way was i suggesting compettion between modders, i was only refering to the battle between mods in my mind. i have probably insulted, you gothmog, and ask for your forgiveness. i also ask to repay you for this folley of mine. i am no good moder but am a fair map maker, i am a fairly seasoned veteran of the game without any mods and can d a variety of voices. if in any way i could repay youi would. Just ask and i shall try. ;)

also while i am on ,i would like to ask mh Gollum of how the Rovenian alliance mod is coming, i have been watching its prgress anxiously and wish to help the creating of the mod. i have already contacted Celgin about the voice contest but have gotten no reply
92% of teens have moved onto rap. If you are part of the 8% that still listen to real music, copy and paste this into your signature
Funniest thing ive ever heard
everyone loves Magical Trevor!
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

What do you mean Reverend? I thought God used WorldBuilder to make the universe.

#10 adummy

adummy

Keep it Clean!

• Project Team
  • 1,760 posts

Posted 15 April 2007 - 06:29 PM

woah,woah, woah. Gothmog didnt feel insulted, trust me. You didnt know and I think Gothmog thought you meant the two of them competing against each other, not completing a mod together ;) . Dont let this scare you away as it was a misunderstanding ;) .

as for RA, Celeglin doesnt have the internet at his house right now and there is no saying how long it will be until you get a response :D . And RA is very careful about what they tell everyone. You wont really learn anything from asking the mapper (no offense mh :) ), who doesnt know you. ;)

Edited by adummy, 15 April 2007 - 06:31 PM.

Posted Image

#11 GothmogtheOrc

GothmogtheOrc

Ruler of the Morgul Vale

• Hosted
  • 2,263 posts

Posted 15 April 2007 - 07:35 PM

lol, don't worry about it Lif-alan :) I understood what you meant. And you don't need to repay me, everybody makes mistakes :D

-GothmogtheOrc

Nine%20rings.jpg

#12 m@tt

m@tt

#######

• Project Team
  • 4,056 posts
  • Projects:The Dwarf Holds
  •  T3A Chamber Member

Posted 15 April 2007 - 08:39 PM

If you want to ask about audio stuff, you should speak to Nukemhtar, however he is very busy until mid-May, Drewry also helps out with voices but I don't know how active he is atm, so if you are very serious about helping, speak to team leader Dain. And if you want to know about the progress just visit the forums that are hosted here.

@ adummy - I have actually spoken at length to Dain about the mod progress and I know more or less whats going on, thank you :D But yes we are secretive, if we told people all our plans and all that it would just get copied before we could do anything about it.

Edited by mh_gollum, 15 April 2007 - 08:43 PM.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users