• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Allathar

Allathar

これを翻訳する

• Project Team
  • 2,752 posts
  • Projects:RJ-RotWK
  •  Greedy capitalist and cynical bastard.

Posted 13 April 2007 - 04:43 PM

I've been watching this mod for a little while and I must say I'm very impressed by all the work you have done. I too liked the BfME1 campaign much more than the BfME2 one, more missions, movie battles, and it was just more fun to play it.

I've got some suggestions and ideas for this mod which you perhaps could use:

Rohan:
Add a Rohan Barracks building in which you can recruit peasants, rohan spearman and royal guards, as well as purchase the banner carrier upgrade. Fingulfin made a good model for it, check his mod at http://mevault.ign.c...h...Detail&id=9

Gondor:
Add Dol Amroth swordsmen to the barracks, I'm sure i have seen them somewhere before, think it was in Battles of Gondor, not sure however.

Dwarves:
Dale Archers should be replaced by Dwarven Crossbowmen, and make the Dale units recruitable from the inn along with King Brand.

Mordor:
Should be an orc-spamming faction again. To do that remove the Evil Men stuff from it and make it a seperate faction (think you're working on it already). There should be many types of orcs recruitable. Above that, make Mordor get power-points also if their own troops get slaughtered. This should make Mordor-players spam orcs, orcs, and more orcs, and make it more like the Mordor we know from the books and the movies. For the Nazgul: at level 3 they get the ability to mount a horse, and at level 7 they can mount a fellbeast.

Goblins/Wild:
Should be able to build Gundabad orcs, wolfs and wolf riders (from Angmar).

And now the Evil Men faction:
Some kind of resources building

Haradrim Palace (Regular model)
Lvl 1: Haradrim Swordsmen, Haradrim Lancers (BfME1 ones)
Lvl 2: Haradrim Archers (RotWK ones), corsairs of Umbar
Lvl 3: Fire Arrows upgrade, Elite unit: Haradrim assassin (stealthed single-units which deal large amounts of dmg on heroes, weak armor however)

Rhun Barracks (the model used for Battles of Gondor)
Lvl 1: Rhun Swordsmen, Easterling Pikemen
Lvl 2: Easterling Palace Guard (heavy infantry)
Lvl 3: Banner Carrier upgrade

Stables
Lvl 1: Haradrim Cavalry (RotWK models)
Lvl 2: Rhun Chariots
Lvl 3: Red Serpent Guard (Elite Cavalry)

Mumak pen
Mumakil and some kind of mumak upgrade

Forges (reskinned Angmar forges)
Lvl 1: Catapult
Lvl 2: Forged blades upgrade
Lvl 3: Heavy armor upgrade

Desert Outpost
The Harad tower we know from BfME1, stealthed outpost which gives large vision range

Rhun Tower
Regular tower

Ring heroes
Each faction should get their own Ring hero.
Dwarves: Beorn/Grimbeorn/Radagast
Elves: Galadriel
Rohan: Gandalf the White
Gondor: Gandalf the White/Denethor
Mordor: Sauron
Isengard: Saruman of Many Colours
Goblins/Wild: The Balrog of Morgoth/some kind of dragon
Evil Men: Alatar/Pallando

Alatar and Pallando were the blue wizards, the Istarí that traveled to the Far East of Middle-Earth. Tolkien mentioned they likely got corrupted and started magical cults in the East.

All the models of the new units I mentioned are already done and available.

Also I must mention I don't really like the idea of having Angmar and Arnor playable since they are factions from 'the past'.

That was all of it. I hope you'll like some of my ideas.

Edited by Allathar, 13 April 2007 - 05:18 PM.

It has been reported that some victims of rape, during the act, would retreat into a fantasy world from which they could not WAKE UP. In this catatonic state, the victim lived in a world just like their normal one, except they weren't being raped. The only way that they realized they needed to WAKE UP was a note they found in their fantasy world. It would tell them about their condition, and tell them to WAKE UP. Even then, it would often take months until they were ready to discard their fantasy world and PLEASE WAKE UP

#2 robnkarla

robnkarla

title available

• Hosted
  • 1,849 posts
  • Projects:RJ-RotWK
  •  crazy coder

Posted 13 April 2007 - 07:19 PM

Thank you for your comments, especially the amount of effort and thought. Here are some comments for now - I'll be responding more when I have more time

Rohan:
Add a Rohan Barracks building in which you can recruit peasants, rohan spearman and royal guards, as well as purchase the banner carrier upgrade. Fingulfin made a good model for it, check his mod at http://mevault.ign.c...h...Detail&id=9

This is one thing I defintely have planned. As for the model of the barracks I have not made a decision as of yet, but they do need their own barracks, I just have not finished Rohan completely yet.

Gondor:
Add Dol Amroth swordsmen to the barracks, I'm sure i have seen them somewhere before, think it was in Battles of Gondor, not sure however.

I will probably be adding 1-2 more gondor/dol amroth units. Probably a swordsman and maybe another cavalry as I will be removing the Rohan units when the factions are complete.

Dwarves:
Dale Archers should be replaced by Dwarven Crossbowmen, and make the Dale units recruitable from the inn along with King Brand.

I've thought about what to do with the Dale units. I would like to add a slash type Dale unit to flesh out the Celduin portion of the campaign. I do not think I'll move all the Dale units out to the Inn, but I have an idea I'll announce when I get closer to fruition.

Mordor:
Should be an orc-spamming faction again. To do that remove the Evil Men stuff from it and make it a seperate faction (think you're working on it already). There should be many types of orcs recruitable. Above that, make Mordor get power-points also if their own troops get slaughtered. This should make Mordor-players spam orcs, orcs, and more orcs, and make it more like the Mordor we know from the books and the movies. For the Nazgul: at level 3 they get the ability to mount a horse, and at level 7 they can mount a fellbeast.

I agree, they should be orc spammers. I really like the FREE orcs of BFME1 and would like to head in that direction as long as I keep them balanced. I would like to at some point split Mordor from Evil Men and have two factions. I would then have 1-3 more orc troops that I would need to create. I also do like the ability to gain pp when units die. I've thought about enabling this again, but I need to make sure it is balanced.

And the Nazgul - this is the direction I am thinking about heading, but with a different approach. A Level 7 nazgul that is not winged may take a little bit of time to obtain and might not be available. I was thinking about maybe adding an upgrade to the Fortress to "grant" the ability to right the fellbeasts. So they can ride horses at a level between 1-4, I have not decided which, and can mount fellbeasts after a specific upgrade is achieved.

Goblins/Wild:

I will keep this in mind. To be honest, I have not focused on this faction too much.

Lvl 3: Fire Arrows upgrade, Elite unit: Haradrim assassin (stealthed single-units which deal large amounts of dmg on heroes, weak armor however)

Stables

Mumak pen

Desert Outpost
The Harad tower we know from BfME1, stealthed outpost which gives large vision range

Rhun Tower
Regular tower

A lot of good ideas. As noted above I would really like to break-out the Evil Men faction. Instead of 2-3 factions for each group, I was thinking of maybe 1 faction with subgroups, similar to mini-factions. They would have a unique playstyle that will have 2-3 paths - Easterlings, Haradrim, and maybe the Varaings. I'm still working through this, and will probably come later once I get the BFME1 playstyle complete with 3 or 4 maps and get closer to the eastern or southern maps in the campaign. I would like to see the bases/castles they would build.

Ring heroes
Alatar and Pallando were the blue wizards, the Istarí that traveled to the Far East of Middle-Earth. Tolkien mentioned they likely got corrupted and started magical cults in the East.

Another idea that I have been toying with, but have not done any work on. As far as the choices - Dwarves I might have Durin or Balin or someone more along the dwarven line. Rohan - Eorl would be nice, but this goes to the discussion of should I have dead heroes be the ring hero? I'm hesitant on that. As for the Blue Wizards, right now they are part of Arnor's 25 power.

I'm hesistant to group them with Evil men as in Tolkien's notes they come across to me more as maybe starting cults, but I don't get the feeling that they went corrupt. They feel more along the lines of Radagast - where they started off doing the task of stopping Sauron, but instead became side tracked in their own iinterests-seeking out and teaching the magical arts. I've even thrown around the idea that gandalf and the good forces might face them in certain points as they lead portions of the haradrim or easterling armies. Each time I head down that path I don't see them going against another Istari as Saruman did. I might change my mind, but for now I'm keeping them away from the Forces of Darkness.

Also I must mention I don't really like the idea of having Angmar and Arnor playable since they are factions from 'the past'.

For Arnor/Angmar I definitely plan on keeping Angmar in. While they are from a different time I really like Angmar as a faction and the style they bring. As for Arnor, I might desolve them at some point unless everyone wants to keep them. If I do keep them I'll be updating their buildings to be more like Amon Sul.

As for the models, I have not yet asked any modelers/skinners for permission as I have not made these decisions yet. Currently I am working on my own, but I definitely will be looking to see if anyone else wants to sign onto my team. I've check with Tom to see if he would like to converge mods and teams, but they really are heading in a different direction than this mod and was not interested.

So if anyone is interested in joining the team, just send me a PM or an e-mail at rob.n.karla@hotmail.com. I'm looking mainly for modelers and skinners who are interested combining and fleshing out BFME1 and 2. If there are mappers or coders who are interested, feel free to send me a PM. If anything I could use help.

All right, I wrap this up. This post has gotten extremely long.

Robert J.

#3 GrandMoffDima

GrandMoffDima

2nd of the Nine

• Project Team
  • 103 posts
  • Projects:Winds of the East (Own BFME project)

Posted 14 April 2007 - 05:40 AM

I have some ideas too
Angmar
New units
1.Werevolves - reskined shade of wolf
2.Some attack-troll type unit

Goblins
Rock giant - Giant of close combat(stronger then attack-troll)

Rohan
Battaring Ram - some siege weapon

Isengard
Some Dunland cavallary

#4 Guest_KP_*

Guest_KP_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 October 2008 - 12:07 PM

I've been watching this mod for a little while and I must say I'm very impressed by all the work you have done. I too liked the BfME1 campaign much more than the BfME2 one, more missions, movie battles, and it was just more fun to play it.

I've got some suggestions and ideas for this mod which you perhaps could use:

Rohan:

Gondor:

Dwarves:

Mordor:

Goblins/Wild:

Stables

Mumak pen

Desert Outpost

Rhun Tower
Regular tower

Ring heroes

NOO!!!! Everyone likes the Easterling Archers, everyone wants Men of Dale units to be a variey, not just one unit! Just one Dale units and a smaller MotE is F###king STUPID and GAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You see how powerful these archers are? And there should be more than just swordsmen at the barracks for Dol Amroth units. And the siege unit thing is already taken care of, Its just the Siege Towers that need to be added. And I think the best Ring Hero for MotE would be this human sorcerer from The Silmarillionnamed "Lorgan". If you know who he is, HE IS AWESOME! If not, read this book, it's pretty good. :mellow:

#5 dojob

dojob

AoW+DoW ftw

• Project Team
  • 1,304 posts
  • Projects:Beta testing for WoA, RJ, and KotW
  •  Cav Rusher + Beta Tester

Posted 04 October 2008 - 02:53 PM

Easy there, u gotta realize that this thread is more than a year old and that a lot of changes, such as an almost finalized MotE with Easterling archers, have been added since this post was made. Nobody's talking about getting rid of the 2 Dale units (archers and swordsmen) atm, in 2008, either. As for the Ring Heroes, see this topic: link

You gotta remember to read before posting and please, keep in mind that swearing in caps is not necessary for getting a point across :mellow:

Edited by dojob, 04 October 2008 - 02:53 PM.

Some helpful info on RotWK replays
Game Replays Forums; I am Panda Bear™
Awesome sig by TravTech :D PANDA POWER!!!
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

And please add Bear-mans

#6 mike_

mike_

Student of Homer.

• Global Moderators
  • 4,323 posts
  • Projects:The Peloponnesian Wars Mod.
  •  There are no heroes, no villains - only decisions.
  • Division:Community
  • Job:Global Moderator

Posted 04 October 2008 - 03:38 PM

lol @ teh Lore newb

#7 Fyro11

Fyro11

title available

• Project Team
  • 554 posts

Posted 05 October 2008 - 01:25 AM

^lol @ teh choice of spellin n wurds.
Posted Image