Gil Galad

• Please log in to reply
66 replies to this topic

#1 GilGalad

GilGalad

High King of Noldor

• Project Team
  • 171 posts
  • Projects:Beta Tester of- Wars of the East( i was when Ithon still was here)
  •  Follower of Helms Deep Last Hope, WotE, S.E.E and RJ ROTWK.

Posted 16 April 2007 - 07:53 PM

This topic talk about adding Gil Galad as a hero to elves.

You could replace Galadriel or you could add Gil Galad as a secret hero, just like elven alliance mod.(i think that to do this you should follow this instructions: add him as a normal hero an then in the player template before ElvenGilGalad you put an ";")Then all the people who want Gil Galad in this mod go there and delete the ";", then Gil Galad will be playable for who want. :p
Thank you Ithron for the avatar
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#2 zimoo

zimoo

Ecthelion of the Fountain

• Project Team
  • 2,009 posts
  • Projects:Lurking until the off topic begins...
  •  Guardian of the Books

Posted 16 April 2007 - 09:08 PM

Like hell you'll replace Galadriel, I'll cry/bitch/moan/complain if she is removed in favour of him.

Galadriel is the second greatest of the noldor, beaten only by Feanor (and she's wiser). So explain to me, why Gil-Galad (a noldo who had probably never seen the light of the trees), should replace someone who is undeniably better than him?

Galadriel = Greatest elf in Middle-Earth at end of third age (or second age). Hence she is better than Gil-Galad and every other elven hero. Kick out Legolas, he did nothing (most useless fellowship member as said by Tolkien himself, only differs from every other elf because he joined the fellowship).
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Playing games? Ah, you'll never be a good modder if you get involved in actually playing them!

#3 JEV3

JEV3

Mighty Armadillo

• Hosted
  • 719 posts
  • Projects:Game Enhancement Mod
  •  Coder, Skinner, Graphics, GEM Mod Leader
  • Job:T3A Chamber Member

Posted 16 April 2007 - 09:25 PM

He shot a fell beast, he helped track down the hobbits, and he brought the sun to help the Fellowship at Charadras... :p

If your going to replace anyone, replace Arwen she is not a fighter, though she could be if she wanted to...

You could replace grumpy 'ol Thranduil, or high and mighty Elrond...
He who bears skill but lacks effort, makes himself inferior to those who have no skill but try nonetheless.
Posted Image
Posted Image
"There is some good in this world, and its worth fighting for!"
J.M.J.

#4 GilGalad

GilGalad

High King of Noldor

• Project Team
  • 171 posts

Posted 16 April 2007 - 09:39 PM

Sorry Zimoo if i ofended you.
And Jev3 i agree with you about Legolas and about Arwen.But Thranduil and Elrond are the leader of their people( Elrond on Rivendell and Thranduil on Mirkwood).
I think Arwen could be replaced too, because she only do something usefull in the first movie, and that scene wasn't ocurred :p in the books, the one who come help Frodo was Glorfindel :crazed: and Glorfindel is the one who ride Asfaloth :rolleyes:
Then i have concluded that:Arwen is a lady that is in love with Aragorn nothing more

Edited by GilGalad, 16 April 2007 - 09:40 PM.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#5 Pixel

Pixel

• Hosted
  • 2,451 posts

Posted 16 April 2007 - 09:58 PM

None the less, If EA are baseing there game more of the movies and there imagenation than the books... Ofcourse they are going to add her. Personally i think she is fine myself. Why remove any hero? one more imo wont hurt.

#6 zimoo

zimoo

• Project Team
  • 2,009 posts
  •  Guardian of the Books

Posted 16 April 2007 - 09:58 PM

Legolas didn't bring the sun to Caradhras, as far as I know he played no part in the actual tracking and anyone could have shot down the fell beast...it just so happened Legolas was the only one cowardly enough to have a bow :rolleyes:

Lol don't worry about it, I'm just a Galadriel fanatic :crazed:

Does Gil-G really make more sense than any of these though? Arwen wasn't a fighter true, but she was around in the third age which instantly makes her more plausible than Gil-Galad.

My thoughts are:

Take Arwen out.
Add the twins.
Ignore Erenion as he was long dead :p
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Playing games? Ah, you'll never be a good modder if you get involved in actually playing them!

#7 Pixel

Pixel

• Hosted
  • 2,451 posts

Posted 16 April 2007 - 10:35 PM

Gil-Galad could always be some kind of summon.

#8 JEV3

JEV3

Mighty Armadillo

• Hosted
  • 719 posts
  • Projects:Game Enhancement Mod
  •  Coder, Skinner, Graphics, GEM Mod Leader
  • Job:T3A Chamber Member

Posted 16 April 2007 - 10:48 PM

Elrond is Arwen's father thus making him no longer eligible, and Thranduil threw Gloin in prison, so he isn't eligible... Arwen married Aragorn so she should be on Gondor... and of course, we need to have a dragon helping out the dwarves. :p

The paragraph above is about how serious you should take my suggestion to remove Elrond and Thranduil...
He who bears skill but lacks effort, makes himself inferior to those who have no skill but try nonetheless.
Posted Image
Posted Image
"There is some good in this world, and its worth fighting for!"
J.M.J.

#9 GilGalad

GilGalad

High King of Noldor

• Project Team
  • 171 posts

Posted 16 April 2007 - 10:49 PM

But like ithronaiwendil sayed in the other topic Carcharot and Draugluin lived and died in the 1st age then Gil Galad are plausible, and he received on of the three rings like Galadriel and Círdan, and he was the last High King of the Noldor.
sorry about beeing so noob but...what is imo.
and what about my second option about adding him as an "secret" hero.
And zimoo Legolas can't be out otherwise will be a non sense to have gimli cuz he didn't do nothing too.

Elrond can't be out cuz he fought in the last alliance battle, he is the leader of Rivendell(remenbering that Rivendell is on of the most important citys of the elves in the Middle Earth), Elrond is the brother of Elros the King of numenoreans, he is extremely important in the War of the north and he is in the White Council.

Edited by GilGalad, 16 April 2007 - 10:58 PM.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#10 adummy

adummy

Keep it Clean!

• Project Team
  • 1,760 posts

Posted 17 April 2007 - 01:11 AM

we have no idea how important he was in the war of the north. we know Lorien got attacked 3 times. not once did Rivendell send aid. And it was Lothlorien that destroyed Dol Guldur, Elrond again did nothing. (Unlike many people here) I dont mind the things EA did in the campaign to make it interesting (except Glorfindel's hair) and all of it seems that it could have possibly happened (except Dol Guldur (why would a balrog come?? :p )).
Posted Image

#11 zimoo

zimoo

• Project Team
  • 2,009 posts
  •  Guardian of the Books

Posted 17 April 2007 - 10:25 AM

But like ithronaiwendil sayed in the other topic Carcharot and Draugluin lived and died in the 1st age then Gil Galad are plausible, and he received on of the three rings like Galadriel and Círdan, and he was the last High King of the Noldor.

He actually received 2 of the rings. You seem to be missing the point I'm trying to make. Those other heroes you mention are all part of a hero-light faction. Elves are not hero-light (infact probably tied with Men as most hero-heavy).

And zimoo Legolas can't be out otherwise will be a non sense to have gimli cuz he didn't do nothing too.

I'd rather Legolas get kicked out than Galadriel, Celeborn, Thranduil or Elrond. Gimli did do stuff though, he helped shore up the defences at Helms Deep thus giving the defenders more time.

Elrond can't be out cuz he fought in the last alliance battle, he is the leader of Rivendell(remenbering that Rivendell is on of the most important citys of the elves in the Middle Earth), Elrond is the brother of Elros the King of numenoreans, he is extremely important in the War of the north and he is in the White Council.

So because he fought in the last alliance he should be added? In that case we need Cirdan as a hero too.

To say Rivendell is one of the most important elven cities means nothing really. They've got what...4 cities?

Galadriel was the one who organised the white council, yet you proposed to kick her out. And also, if you're going to say Elrond was 'extremely important in the War of the North', could I see some quotes to support that?
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#12 Lord Homer of Shire

Lord Homer of Shire
  • Members
  • 47 posts
  •  Professional Hobbitpawner

Posted 17 April 2007 - 12:40 PM

Elrond cannot be kicked out. :p

the heroes shall be:
Elrond
Glorfindel
Thranduil
Legolas
Elledan
Elrohir
Celeborn
Haldir
Treebeard
and maybe Alatar also
ring hero :
Galadriel

Edited by Lord Homer of Shire, 17 April 2007 - 12:40 PM.

Posted Image

#13 zimoo

zimoo

• Project Team
  • 2,009 posts
  •  Guardian of the Books

Posted 17 April 2007 - 12:45 PM

Haldir is in? It was suggested that Galadriel be kicked out, WHEN HALDIR IS IN? The weak little scout who wasn't even a warrior. He'd be about 30 people down on my list of elven heroes...

That'd be like kicking out Elrond but leaving Arwen in, except Arwen had more of a contribution to the war than Haldir.

Haldir's contribution: Guide fellowship through Lothlorien (yeah...like thousands of others couldn't do that).
Arwen's contribution: Made the standard used by Aragorn, which greatly inspired the Gondorians. Also had a kid with Aragorn thus contuining his line.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#14 Caluadan

Caluadan

"When you cease to exist, then who will you blame?"

• Project Team
  • 1,101 posts
  • Projects:Wars of the East
  •  Artist, Skinner, Modeller, Website Designer

Posted 17 April 2007 - 12:49 PM

Stop talking about kicking heroes out, bitte!
Posted Image
Posted Image
My artwork this far
| Battles of Gondor | Wars of the East | Last Alliance

Positive to nuclear energy, taxes (preferably high) and the European Union
Negative to car traffic and US foreign policy

#15 IthronAiwendil

IthronAiwendil

Retired modder

• Hosted
  • 1,452 posts
  • Projects:None
  •  Coder, skinner, modeler, art guy

Posted 17 April 2007 - 12:54 PM

In Lord Homer's list I can't see Bregalad and you put "maybe Alatar" :p Why would someone want to leave those 2 heroes out :)

#16 GilGalad

GilGalad

High King of Noldor

• Project Team
  • 171 posts

Posted 17 April 2007 - 05:18 PM

And again what about my second option??
If okay that no hero should be removed and all the people should be happy :p
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#17 adummy

adummy

Keep it Clean!

• Project Team
  • 1,760 posts

Posted 18 April 2007 - 05:33 AM

ANYONE makes more sense then gil-galad as he was dead 3000 years before the WOTR.
Posted Image

#18 zimoo

zimoo

• Project Team
  • 2,009 posts
  •  Guardian of the Books

Posted 18 April 2007 - 11:11 AM

So Feanor does?
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#19 IthronAiwendil

IthronAiwendil

Retired modder

• Hosted
  • 1,452 posts
  • Projects:None
  •  Coder, skinner, modeler, art guy

Posted 18 April 2007 - 11:13 AM

And what about Ungoliant, Draugluin, Isildur and Carcharoth? All those heroes are in my mod even though they're dead :thumbsupsmiley:

#20 zimoo

zimoo

• Project Team
  • 2,009 posts
  •  Guardian of the Books

Posted 18 April 2007 - 11:18 AM

Isildur's in?
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users