#161 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  • Projects:BFME2 - Nazgûl's Special Extended Edition
  •  Veteran

Posted 16 November 2007 - 05:35 PM

I agree.... but maybe we don't need to active threads for Trailers? I'll merge them later on... :blink:

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
"Do not come between the Nazgûl and his mod!"
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> I S.E.E. YOU! <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#162 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 December 2007 - 02:05 AM

Most of my sister's music library is soundtracks from movies like Superman, Star Wars, Pirates of the Carib, LotR, etc. I would die with that kind of an iPod :evgr:

That would be the best iPod ever! :sleep:

#163 mike_

mike_

Student of Homer.

• Global Moderators
  • 4,323 posts
  • Projects:The Peloponnesian Wars Mod.
  •  There are no heroes, no villains - only decisions.
  • Division:Community
  • Job:Global Moderator

Posted 04 December 2007 - 03:58 AM

I dunno if you're using a script yet, but they really really help when making a video - of any kind.
If you're not, here's an example of you could/should be doing:
TEXT: [dark red on black background] MIDDLE-EARTH IS IN TURMOIL]
[shown from the "commander" camera angle] A wave of Dwarven Warriors slams into a large swarm of Goblin Warriors.
CUT TO: [shown from the "soldier's eye" camera angle, camera placed between the two forces] Two battalions of Helm's Deep Veterans led by Aragorn charge into a block of Uruk-hai Pikemen.
CUT TO: [shown from the regular camera angle, on Osgiliath] A Nazgul on Fell Beast flies over a mass of Gondor Rangers and Soldiers fighting against a cr@p load of Mordor Orcs.
---
There you go, that's just an example. Before someone says, "Well why don't you make one?" I'll answer - I don't have BFME 2, but if I did, you can bet that I'd do this :P
Cheers,
-mike

#164 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  •  Veteran

Posted 04 December 2007 - 04:55 AM

Well maybe you should get BFME2 then... hehe :sleep:

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg

#165 mike_

mike_

Student of Homer.

• Global Moderators
  • 4,323 posts

Posted 04 December 2007 - 10:06 PM

Believe me Naz, if I could I would :lol:
However, there's a slight chance I'll be getting a new computer for Christmas - so, we'll see.
That said, I'd love to help out by writing a script if anyone would want to make it - but that seems a little selfish on my part, no?
Anyway, cheers,
-mike

#166 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  •  Veteran

Posted 07 December 2007 - 12:00 AM

I would gladely like to see what you could do for a Trailer =)

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg

#167 mike_

mike_

Student of Homer.

• Global Moderators
  • 4,323 posts

Posted 07 December 2007 - 01:29 AM

Well, if by that you mean write a script, then okay :p
[BLACK SCREEN]
FLASH TO: The Eye of Sauron, "I SEE YOU."
CUT TO: The Eye of Sauron passes over and onto Saruman [zoom in to Saruman] in front of Orthanc, voiceover from Sauron, "Build me an army..."
CUT TO: Rohan Farm, surrounded by Peasants. Suddenly, Dunlendings with lit torches and Scout Uruks kill many of the Peasants and destroy the Farm.
[The surviving Peasants (two or three) are shown fleeing, voiceover from Theoden, "They will pillage and burn. We've seen it before."]
CUT TO: [shown from the "commander" camera angle] An army of Fully-Upgraded Uruk-hai are shown marching across open plains, voiceover from Aragorn, "Open war is upon you. Whether you would have it or not."
[cue music track, "HELM'S DEEP" from The Two Towers Soundtrack]
CUT TO: [shown from the "soldier's eye" camera angle, from the Dwarves' Point of View] A battalion of Dwarven Warriors (?) is attacked by two hordes of Goblin Warriors. Reinforcements from both sides arrive and join in the conflict.
CUT TO: [shown from the "soldier's eye" camera angle, from over Gandalf's shoulder] Grond breaks down the Gate of Minas Tirith, and several Trolls with Siege Maces, many Morgul Orcs, some Warg Riders, and Easterling Pikemen run through. Gandalf on Shadowfax stands behind a wall of Gondor Spearmen, in front of a mass of Gondor Archers. Gandalf voiceover, "Volley!" and the Archers do so. The wave of enemies slams into the shieldwall. On the walls, Gondor Archers can be seen in the background firing into Mordor's army out and inside the City as fireballs soar over and through them and into Minas Tirith.
CUT TO: Celeborn stands in some trees, stealthed. An army of Orcs and Easterlings is seen running towards them. Suddenly, many battalions of Elven Archers unstealth and open fire, killing several Orcs in the first ranks. Some Elves draw swords, and they two lines meet.
---
That's what I've got ATM, so I'll more than likely update when I think of more to do.
@Naz, could you send me a list of all of the camera angles implemented? I'd like to be able to make as much use of those as possible.
Cheers,
-mike

#168 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  •  Veteran

Posted 07 December 2007 - 03:21 AM

Wooooo..... that sucks.... NOOOT! :p That actually gave me goose bumbs! :p Awesome! I should buy and send you the BFME2 so you can install the mod and get started :p I love it! ^

The RJ Cam (by Robnkarla) are divided into 4 angles:

- General View (standard, heavy downwards)
- Commander View (tilted slightly upwards, for a larger overview)
- Unit View (straight forward)
- Ground View (from ground and heavy angle upwards)

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg

#169 The_Witchking

The_Witchking
  • Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 15 December 2007 - 08:52 AM

Heyy :p

I could make one, but you have to wait until Christmas as I got a new Computer and that one I have
really isn't that good^^ all settings on medium and jerkin like hell(that sucks)^^

#170 mike_

mike_

Student of Homer.

• Global Moderators
  • 4,323 posts

Posted 22 December 2007 - 01:31 AM

Here's an updated version:
[BLACK SCREEN]
SHOW: Barad-dur on MOUNT DOOM map, shown from GROUND VIEW. The camera is inching slowly towards the tower, when the "beam" from The Eye locks onto the camera. Sauron voiceover, "I SEE YOU."
CUT TO: [shown from GENERAL VIEW] The Eye of Sauron passes over and onto Saruman [zoom in to Saruman] in front of Orthanc, voiceover from Sauron, "Build me an army..."
CUT TO: [shown from GENERAL VIEW] Rohan Farm, surrounded by Peasants. Suddenly, Dunlendings with lit torches and Scout Uruks kill many of the Peasants and light the Farm on fire.
CUT TO: [GENERAL VIEW] The surviving Peasants (two or three) are shown fleeing, voiceover from Theoden, "They will pillage and burn. We've seen it before."
CUT TO: [shown from: COMMANDER VIEW, looking down the collumn] An army of Fully-Upgraded Uruk-hai are shown marching across open plains in a long block, voiceover from Aragorn, "Open war is upon you. Whether you would have it or not."
[cue music track, "HELM'S DEEP" from The Two Towers Soundtrack]
CUT TO: [shown from: UNIT VIEW, from among the Dwarves' ] A battalion of Dwarven Warriors (?) is attacked by two hordes of Goblin Warriors. Reinforcements from both sides arrive and join in the conflict.
CUT TO: [shown from: UNIT VIEW, from over Gandalf's shoulder] Grond breaks down the Gate of Minas Tirith, and several Trolls with Siege Maces, many Morgul Orcs, some Warg Riders, and Easterling Pikemen run through. Gandalf on Shadowfax stands behind a wall of Gondor Spearmen, in front of a mass of Gondor Archers. Gandalf voiceover, "Volley!" and the Archers do so. The wave of enemies slams into the shieldwall. On the walls, Gondor Archers can be seen in the background firing into Mordor's army out and inside the City as fireballs soar over and through them and into Minas Tirith.
Gandalf voiceover,"The board is set."
CUT TO: [shown from: GENERAL VIEW] Celeborn stands in some trees, stealthed. An army of Orcs is seen running through a path in the woods. Suddenly, many battalions of Elven Archers unstealth and open fire, killing several Orcs in the first ranks. Some Elves draw swords, and they Elves attack the Orcs' sides.
Gandalf voiceover,"The pieces are in motion."
CUT TO: [shown from: GENERAL VIEW] A fleet of Elven ships are shown heading to the left of the screen, in a clump. Then, a smaller fleet of Corsair ships come up from the bottom of the screen, and attack the Elven ships.
CUT TO: [shown from: COMMANDER VIEW] Gothmog on Warg rides in a line between two battalions of Mordor Orcs.
[cue music track,"THE BATTLE OF THE PELLENOR FIELDS" from the Return of the King soundtrack]
CUT TO: [shown from: GROUND VIEW, among the Knights] A battalion of Gondor Knights is shown running across a field, when a Nazgul on Fell Beast swoops down and grabs one of them, knocking the others down.
CUT TO: [shown from: UNIT VIEW] A few scattered Uruk-hai are shown running into a woods, were Ents unstealth and destroy them. Gandalf the White, Eomer, Theoden, and a battalion of Rohirrim ride onto a hill and look on.
Gandalf voiceover,"Sauron's wrath will be terrible. His retribution swift."
CUT TO: [shown from: GROUND VIEW, among the Orcs] The NEW Minas Tirith is shown, the lower levels on fire, with Nazgul on Fell Beasts swooping down upon. A HUGE army of Orcs, Trolls, Siege Towers, Mumakil, Catapults, and everything else available is shown standing outside of it. GROND is attacking the GATE.
CUT TO: [shown from: COMMANDER VIEW, among the Rohirrim] A massive army of Rohirrim (still signifcantly smaller than the Orcs') is seen on top of a hill. Theoden is front of them, on horseback. The camera is positioned so that it's looking down to the Orc army.
Theoden voiceover, "A red day! A sword day! Ere the sword's rising! Ride now! Ride now! Ride! Ride to death, and the world's ending!"
He turns to the Rohirrim, his horse rears up. He continues, "DEATH!" He turns again, "DEATH!" The Rohirrim CHEER and voiceover, "DEATH!" They repeat this three more times, and then charge down the slope, gathering speed.
The Rohirrim get closer and closer to the Orc lines, and they meet. BEFORE ANY COMBAT IS SEEN:
IMMEDIATELY CUT TO: [black screen]
Gandalf Voiceover, "The Battle for Middle-earth is about to begin."
CUT TO: The S.E.E. website address and logo appear for a few (three or four) seconds.
CUT TO: [movie clip] Gandalf in Minas Tirith, "All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."
END.
---
What d'you think? Still seems more than a little short, though...
I'll be happy to edit it :)
Cheers,
-mike

Edited by elfhelm.., 22 December 2007 - 01:32 AM.

#171 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  •  Veteran

Posted 22 December 2007 - 12:50 PM

Dedication... commitment... interest... heart... That manuscript says it all! ^ :p
I love it! =)

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg

#172 mike_

mike_

Student of Homer.

• Global Moderators
  • 4,323 posts

Posted 22 December 2007 - 03:02 PM

Thanks. That means alot, lol.
Any suggestions for things that could be included? I'd like to bulk up the Battles for Lorien and Osgiliath, but can't really think of how.
Cheers,
-mike

#173 Mordor Slayer

Mordor Slayer

SEE Marketing Manager

• Project Team
  • 1,424 posts

Posted 04 October 2008 - 03:27 PM

A lot of things have changed since this topic was created, so I've developed a new scheme to make a (much needed) trailer. I've divided the process of making one in three different phases:

1) The Crew

First we need a person or even better, a team, with enough talent to make a decent showcase of our mod. We will need full dedication and conformation for this project, since the whole process will take several months. I'm gonna try to work towards a trailer at the launch of our new beta 4.7, which will be released Q4 2008/Q1 2009. Everyone will need to show proof of their talents, and I won't accept guests or new members with less then 50 posts (just an example, but newbies tend to disappear quite a lot). Once the right people have been chosen, we'll move on to the second stage.

2) The Content

Next we'll get busy planning the overall lay-out of the trailer and making decisions about the content. This is probably going to be the longest phase, because I'd like to get the best ideas from everyone. Everything will be discussed, from what we'll show to the music used.

3) The Creation

Then we get to the great final, the creation of the actual footage :mellow: . Expect to start working on this in November/December. Footage can be provided by the SEE Team Members or everyone who's willing to help.

I'm gonna make a separate topic for each phase (or one big topic if Nazgûl disagrees with this). The first topic can be found here:
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users