1143 replies to this topic

#1121 Annullus The Grey

Annullus The Grey

Historian... Master of Ages

• Hosted
  • 269 posts
  • Projects:Twilight of the Republic

Posted 22 September 2009 - 03:35 AM

only in the movies my dear sir.... those disgustingly atrocious movies which intended to have arwen lead elves to helms deep....... those disgusting movies which have elves at helms deep...... those disgusting movies that do not have eomer defending the deep..... need i go on ?
If your reading this i probably am drunk in a ditch somewhere near you

the magical drunken teleporter

SELF PROCLAIMED FORUM DRUNK!!

#1122 Rob38

Rob38

Believer of Hope

• Hosted
  • 3,567 posts
  • Projects:Helm's Deep Last Hope
  •  One who is not afraid of new challenges

Posted 22 September 2009 - 08:58 AM

only in the movies my dear sir.... those disgustingly atrocious movies which intended to have arwen lead elves to helms deep....... those disgusting movies which have elves at helms deep...... those disgusting movies that do not have eomer defending the deep..... need i go on ?

It's not that bad. :p No movie can stay 100% true to the books due to length and other constraints.

signature_group1.gif

16821.png

#1123 Annullus The Grey

Annullus The Grey

Historian... Master of Ages

• Hosted
  • 269 posts
  • Projects:Twilight of the Republic

Posted 27 September 2009 - 05:59 PM

its still very bad....
If your reading this i probably am drunk in a ditch somewhere near you

the magical drunken teleporter

SELF PROCLAIMED FORUM DRUNK!!

#1124 Uruk King

Uruk King

Lore-abiding citizen

• Project Team
  • 1,673 posts

Posted 27 September 2009 - 07:17 PM

I think you're focussing entirely too much on the negativity.
I will remember Rhovanion Alliance, RIP .

Posted Image

#1125 Dant

Dant

title available

• Members
  • 937 posts

Posted 28 September 2009 - 12:26 AM

Indeed,Honestly i alway love books than movie..but i got to say Peter did amazing job. :popcorn:
Posted Image

#1126 Rob38

Rob38

Believer of Hope

• Hosted
  • 3,567 posts
  • Projects:Helm's Deep Last Hope
  •  One who is not afraid of new challenges

Posted 28 September 2009 - 01:56 AM

Heck, none of us would even be here right now if the movies never existed. Also, many (including me) would not have even taken an interest in LotR without the movies. Say what you want, but the LotR movies have been very successful despite some of the lore being inaccurate or made up.

signature_group1.gif

16821.png

#1127 Dant

Dant

title available

• Members
  • 937 posts

Posted 28 September 2009 - 03:02 AM

Well said Rob! :popcorn:
Posted Image

#1128 Bereneth Túrien

Bereneth Túrien

Ni degilbor

• Members
  • 414 posts
  • Projects:Working on my own mod.
  •  Former advisor.

Posted 28 September 2009 - 03:09 AM

Heck, none of us would even be here right now if the movies never existed. Also, many (including me) would not have even taken an interest in LotR without the movies. Say what you want, but the LotR movies have been very successful despite some of the lore being inaccurate or made up.

I half agree with you. Yes, they were successful, and yes, it drew many of us to LotR, but assume for a moment that the BFME series still existed even if the movies didn't. Some people would still have an interest in LotR, and therefore some people would still be interested in modding BFME. While you're right that T3A as it is wouldn't be here without the movies, I'm sure if a LotR game existed and was successful people would be modding it. Maybe not as many as here and now because of the movies, but I think some people would still mod.

That isn't to say that I despise the movies, nor is it to say I worship them. I do think, for what he had to work with, Peter did a good job with them. But I also think the books are infinitely better.

I used to be {AE}Manveru, if that rings a bell.

#1129 Scryer

Scryer

title available

• Project Team
  • 565 posts

Posted 28 September 2009 - 05:31 AM

Sorry but the BFME games wouldn't have existed if the movies weren't made. The films drastically increased the fan-base and book sales. This allowed big gaming companies, like EA, to start a LOTR project since a LOT more people were into it.

And if they did exist, they would probably be interpreted as a more cartoony version than what the movies were made to be.

The books are awesome on their own. But Peter Jackson and his creative team pretty much did a flawless job with the visual art/effects. PJ and his team got very creative putting together the visuals. They took classic art on the LOTR series, warhammer-like art, fantasy art, and gave it an entirely original spin to make great visuals. I don't know why but I feel that PJ and his team nailed the LOTR "look" on the head. I feel that their interpretation gave it a more 'mature' spin than what the other artists were doing with LOTR at the time.

If the movies weren't created by PJ and his team, then if any games were created about LOTR they would not have had achieved the same visuals.

But that's just my opinion.

Edited by Scryer, 28 September 2009 - 05:32 AM.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#1130 Dant

Dant

title available

• Members
  • 937 posts

Posted 28 September 2009 - 06:26 AM

Sorry but the BFME games wouldn't have existed if the movies weren't made. The films drastically increased the fan-base and book sales. This allowed big gaming companies, like EA, to start a LOTR project since a LOT more people were into it.

And if they did exist, they would probably be interpreted as a more cartoony version than what the movies were made to be.

The books are awesome on their own. But Peter Jackson and his creative team pretty much did a flawless job with the visual art/effects. PJ and his team got very creative putting together the visuals. They took classic art on the LOTR series, warhammer-like art, fantasy art, and gave it an entirely original spin to make great visuals. I don't know why but I feel that PJ and his team nailed the LOTR "look" on the head. I feel that their interpretation gave it a more 'mature' spin than what the other artists were doing with LOTR at the time.

If the movies weren't created by PJ and his team, then if any games were created about LOTR they would not have had achieved the same visuals.

But that's just my opinion.

QFT :popcorn:
Posted Image

#1131 pyro767

pyro767
  • New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 18 October 2009 - 01:27 AM

:p This mod is very simple to install and use. The new maps are amazing and the changes make this mod unique. When i first played this mod i was thrilled and excited then after around 10 minutes i became slightly bored. It doesnt have the epicness that the original bfme's had. The battalions were tiny. I very much liked the 15 unit sized battalions from bfme 2 and the small sized battalions made it harder for me to experience a huge battle. I would be very happy if you could increase the size of the battalions and the movement speed for some units. If you can do these things the mod would be perfect for me. :p

#1132 Dant

Dant

title available

• Members
  • 937 posts

Posted 18 October 2009 - 01:31 AM

Hmm..we won't see any other version of this mod in soon,Since mod leader is dissapeard(again).

So i guess you have to wait or until the rest of team decide to make "Community Edition" :p
Posted Image

#1133 GreatNoff

GreatNoff
  • Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 20 January 2010 - 01:34 PM

My list...
______

Evil
______

Adding powers to sauron.

Changing ringwraith system

_________

Good
_________

Changing ringheros for men, dwarwes, Arnor

CAH

more classes,somethingfor arnor

Mount horse for all humans, elves

Mount warg fo sevants for sauron

Evil wizard (Cass)

Good wizard (Class)

Good wizard can mount eagle

Evil wizard can mount fellbeast

Over All

Melee units cant harm buildings without any fire thing. Cant harm gates...

Thats all for now. My add more later! :)
As far it is life its still hope

#1134 Dalf32

Dalf32

The Ever-Willing

• Project Team
  • 1,923 posts
  • Projects:Beta Testing RJ-RotWK

Posted 20 January 2010 - 03:24 PM

in all likelihood nothing will be added to cah.

as for the ring system, read through this topic starting at that post to get a better idea of what we were planning on implementing.

as far as your last point goes, i would suggest that you look into the SEE mod; you might like it. i doubt we will go into that direction with the mod as the balance between realism and fun has always been a big point for rob (and me) and i think that may be going a bit too far for this mod.

"A wizard is never late, nor is he early; he arrives precisely when he means to."

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#1135 GreatNoff

GreatNoff
  • Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 20 January 2010 - 08:05 PM

Have tried it before ... But it did´nt work!! and I like Rj´s Rotwk better :p
As far it is life its still hope

#1136 Guest_See El_*

Guest_See El_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 February 2010 - 12:11 AM

RJ Mod is just plain unbelievable! I love the color of the characters, way better than the vanilla RotWK! The details on the little faction accuate pictures of the camera angles are awesome!

While enjoying the mod, Is there a patch somewhere to fix an issue I am experiencing?
>>>
1- What is the winning condition of the Minas Tirith map? I tried Mordor to fight against Gondor in Minas Tirith in a skirmish game and here is what I experienced: The beacon that generate workers is destroyed, all the Gondor building were destroyed, but the game is not ended?!
2- Warriors seem to be able to walk through the wall (not just through the gate) of Minas Tirith.
3- Infantries and Cavalries are not able to get on the wall of Minas Tirith.

I am using the 1.6 version.

Please help!

#1137 chubs

chubs
  • Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 08 June 2010 - 11:57 PM

I feel more for the following:

Mordor: Sauron
Isengard: Saruman of Many Colours
Goblins: The Balrog
Evil Men: One of the blue wizards (?)
Gondor: Gandalf the White
Rohan: Radagast the Brown
Elves: Galadriel
Dwarves: Beorn or Grimbeorn

I think that, instead of the blue wizards, it should be Kamul the Easterling
---MY SPOON IS TOO BIG---

#1138 chubs

chubs
  • Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 09 June 2010 - 12:06 AM

can u add more wotr colors and maybe more skirmish too, so you have all the possibilties of the bfme1 colors? Mostly wotr though, its really annoying to only have sixe colors and see isengard stuck with purple, and stuff like that.

I think they eliminated some colors that were available in skirmish because they would not show up on the covering of the territories. i.e. a grey of a territory would not show up against a map such high pass, which is all greyish
---MY SPOON IS TOO BIG---

#1139 Devon

Devon

Dark Nerd of the Sith

• Global Moderators
  • 5,886 posts
  • Projects:RJ RotWK, Twilight of the Republic, HDLH
  •  T3A Chamber Member
  • Division:Community
  • Job:Global Moderator
  • Donated

Posted 09 June 2010 - 01:07 AM

That's possible. Honestly, I hate those colors so much in wotr, if it's possible I'd like to just get rid of the shading have it as outlines only.

yodasig2.png
My political compass
There's a story that the grass is so green...what did I see? Where have I been?

#1140 Scryer

Scryer

title available

• Project Team
  • 565 posts

Posted 09 June 2010 - 06:17 PM

That's possible. Honestly, I hate those colors so much in wotr, if it's possible I'd like to just get rid of the shading have it as outlines only.

I think that Rome: Total War actually does this as well; I agree :) .
Posted Image
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users