I need some help again

• Please log in to reply
136 replies to this topic

#1 Turkeyz777

Turkeyz777
  • Members
  • 128 posts

Posted 23 April 2007 - 12:18 AM

If i wanted to add sarumans fireball to gwahir (the eagle). i already got the command button in to his command set. the problem i have is what else do i need to put in to make the fireball work and what parts am i going to edit. i already have the final.big thing and i have been using that.
NEW CONTEST UP! YOU CAN HAVE YOUR OWN HERO IN MY MOD FOR B4ME 1
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#2 GothmogtheOrc

GothmogtheOrc

Ruler of the Morgul Vale

• Hosted
  • 2,263 posts
  • Projects:Kings of the West Mod
  •  T3A Chamber Member - Retired

Posted 23 April 2007 - 02:21 AM

You need to add the fireball behavior code from saruman.ini to gwahir's code.

I think there is a tutorial on how to do that somewhere... I couldn't find it on the main site just now when I looked but maybe someone else knows where it is *hint*.

For starters you could read my tutorial on how to add blademaster to a new hero. The basics would be the same even though they are different powers. You can find it on the main site.

-GothmogtheOrc

Nine%20rings.jpg
Click on my Sig to go to my BFME Modding site where you can download my mods.
KotW%20Morgul%20In-game.jpg
Kings of the West Mod Leader
*Retired. PM me if you need to get a hold of me as I'll get an email notification and should reply within a day or so*

#3 Turkeyz777

Turkeyz777
  • Members
  • 128 posts

Posted 23 April 2007 - 03:05 AM

i followed your tutorial to add stuff and it still wont do anything. i change it in gwaihir's explevels.ini and in the command button one. but still i can click it and all it just won't fire the fireball. after i learn how to add the fireball then i should be able to do the rest of the small moddish thing im doing.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#4 GothmogtheOrc

GothmogtheOrc

Ruler of the Morgul Vale

• Hosted
  • 2,263 posts

Posted 23 April 2007 - 07:06 PM

Did you change gwahir.ini ? It's the behavior code that shoots the fireball, not the commandbutton. The button just tells it when to fire, not what. Also you need to make sure that the upgrade you added in the ExperienceLevels.ini is the same one Gwahir has in it's behavior code.

-GothmogtheOrc

Nine%20rings.jpg
*Retired. PM me if you need to get a hold of me as I'll get an email notification and should reply within a day or so*

#5 Turkeyz777

Turkeyz777
  • Members
  • 128 posts

Posted 24 April 2007 - 12:13 AM

where might i look for a behavior code if i needed it. i am kinda new to modding and all so i don't really know where the behavior code would be

nevermind i found it. just neither the fireball nor the word of power i added do any damage??? i might guess that WOP doesn't work because of the air to ground unit stuff but still the fireball only works like one time too! ill use it with one and it won't work then pick the other (because the spawn eagle spawns two) and it works just fine????? if you could help with this new error that would be greatly appreciated

Edited by Turkeyz777, 24 April 2007 - 01:30 AM.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#6 Turkeyz777

Turkeyz777
  • Members
  • 128 posts

Posted 25 April 2007 - 02:59 AM

another error. ive looked through the guide repeatedly and still cant find whats wrong.heres the deal:

i'm editing isildur
im giving him a spawn move
i added all the commands and all and the upgrades and i went into the game and the spawn upgrade is all greyed out. i will try again later with someone else like the hobbit. another question. in the adding summon allies to a hero guide i cant remember exactly but are you allowed to spawn a hero?
if these answers could be given to me thanks...
PS gothmogtheorc, i think your guide (i cant remember which) really helped me with the stuff i was doin
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#7 GothmogtheOrc

GothmogtheOrc

Ruler of the Morgul Vale

• Hosted
  • 2,263 posts

Posted 25 April 2007 - 08:06 PM

glad to hear it helped you :huh:

Yes, you can spawn heroes the same way you spawn units.

If the button is greyed out then that usually means that the upgrade is not the same everywhere, or it's misspelled, or it's not set up correctly in the ExperienceLevels. Check all the spots you have the upgrade located and make sure they are all the same :)

-GothmogtheOrc

Nine%20rings.jpg

#8 Turkeyz777

Turkeyz777
  • Members
  • 128 posts

Posted 29 April 2007 - 06:01 AM

I finished adding that now. I have another question. I recently got a "gladiator underwold v6" map from playin in custom matches. Does anyone know what i place where to get the "mine throw" from grishnakah (forgot spelling). if someone could tell me what i need to place and where to be able to use it that would be great. PS im not asking for a whole new character i just need the coding for if i want to add it to someone else.(like a hobbit :) !)
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#9 Phil

Phil

Force Majeure

• Network Leaders
  • 7,976 posts
  • Projects:Revora, C&C:Online
  •  Thought Police
  • Division:Revora
  • Job:Network Leader
  • Donated
  • Association

Posted 29 April 2007 - 01:12 PM

Open up map.ini of that custom map and start some in-depth search :)

revorapresident.jpg
My Political Compass

Sieben Elefanten hatte Herr Dschin
Und da war dann noch der achte.
Sieben waren wild und der achte war zahm
Und der achte war's, der sie bewachte.

#10 Turkeyz777

Turkeyz777
  • Members
  • 128 posts

Posted 29 April 2007 - 03:58 PM

i went through the ini of the map and found most of the stuff but im not sure what i would add where. Like, do i need to create the OCL for the throw explosive mine?
or
Do i have to make the FX?
editing in fx i dont know how to do so that would be a big problem.
i think i can get the upgrade ini and the experiencelevels ini but if i dont have any behaviors for the move i cant do anything with it. so the question is what do i need to do?
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#11 Turkeyz777

Turkeyz777
  • Members
  • 128 posts

Posted 01 May 2007 - 01:11 AM

I was also told that to make an ini.big for a map you just put it in with the map. ive been trying and trying but cant seem to get the ini.big in. what i did was got the original. copied and pasted it in the maps folder, edited it, and tried it but i got nothin when i tried it out.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#12 Bart

Bart

• Network Admins
  • 8,524 posts

Posted 03 May 2007 - 09:40 AM

you have to make 1 file, map.ini, and put it in the map folder. in this file insert all your changes (check out other map.inis and the tutorials for help)
bartvh | Join me, make your signature small!
Einstein: "We can’t solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them."

#13 Turkeyz777

Turkeyz777
  • Members
  • 128 posts

Posted 03 May 2007 - 03:17 PM

so do i need to iclude all the original ini stuff or just what im going to change?
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#14 GothmogtheOrc

GothmogtheOrc

Ruler of the Morgul Vale

• Hosted
  • 2,263 posts

Posted 03 May 2007 - 09:34 PM

Just the new stuff you are changing.

-Gto

Nine%20rings.jpg

#15 Turkeyz777

Turkeyz777
  • Members
  • 128 posts

Posted 03 May 2007 - 11:26 PM

i tried it and it still doesnt work i think im just going to do everything with scripting except the command sets. its a minor downfall but it will still work out. thanks for the help with the other stuff. there is a small link to the map in my sig. the only problem is it needs the buildingplots of P2 fixed. and the scripts for the spawning of p2 arent written yet because i was going to do 1 then copy it and change stuff.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#16 Bart

Bart

• Network Admins
  • 8,524 posts

Posted 06 May 2007 - 10:57 AM

we could help you if you posted your map.ini ;)
bartvh | Join me, make your signature small!
Einstein: "We can’t solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them."

#17 Turkeyz777

Turkeyz777
  • Members
  • 128 posts

Posted 11 May 2007 - 12:52 AM

ok so now i read the Add units to hordes (how large the horde is) and i made it twenty. when i use them though they dont seem to be tethered to the main 5. do i need to do the coordinates for all 20? im making it for Gondor Archers because i am modding it so that good is WAY!!!! overpowered.if you guys could help with this now that would be great.

ok so now i read the Add units to hordes (how large the horde is) and i made it twenty. when i use them though they dont seem to be tethered to the main 5. do i need to do the coordinates for all 20? im making it for Gondor Archers because i am modding it so that good is WAY!!!! overpowered.if you guys could help with this now that would be great.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#18 GothmogtheOrc

GothmogtheOrc

Ruler of the Morgul Vale

• Hosted
  • 2,263 posts

Posted 11 May 2007 - 04:20 AM

Yes, you'll need to add the coordinates for all 20... I don't have the files infront of me (or the time to pull them out right now) but what I would do is copy the code for all of them and then change the Y by +/- 5 (or 10 depending on how large a distance 5 is) so that you'll have 2 rows of 5 soldiers... then do that again changing the Y by +/- 10 (Y=5 +5). Depending on whether or not you want the troops to walk in a perfect box formation you might also change the X by a very small amount for each new rowl; say +2, then -2, then +3, and -1, etc to make them slightly off center.

This is just off the top of my head so it might not be perfect :blush: (or even work :) )

-Gto

Nine%20rings.jpg

#19 Turkeyz777

Turkeyz777
  • Members
  • 128 posts

Posted 13 May 2007 - 01:31 AM

ok got that figured out now, i made an FX. after i use it it stays on (it keeps pulsing) if i wanted that "pulse" to do damage. (like radiation) and change the color of the unit.(once again radiation) is that possible.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#20 GothmogtheOrc

GothmogtheOrc

Ruler of the Morgul Vale

• Hosted
  • 2,263 posts

Posted 13 May 2007 - 07:49 PM

Probably... though most of this you're going to have to experiment with yourself as very few people have made anything like this.

I know that you can make damageNuggets in weapon.ini that have a delayed attack... but I think you have to code each pulse if you do it that way... you'll have to look at the codes in weapon.ini and see what you can find, there may be a code that says do X damage every Y time.

As for turning the enemy a different color, see if you can use an FX similar to lurtz' carnage FX, maybe changing the color or whatever. As for attaching it to the unit... I'm not sure how you'd do that. Probably either with an AtributeModifier or something in weapon.ini.

If you get it working, please post the code so we can see how you did it for future reference... I for one think that's a cool idea and would be neat to use in a modern era mod of some sort :dry:

-Gto

Nine%20rings.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users