#1 robnkarla

robnkarla

title available

• Hosted
  • 1,849 posts
  • Projects:RJ-RotWK
  •  crazy coder

Posted 23 April 2007 - 08:07 AM

I just finished converting Dunharrow and I thought I'd create something as a guide for how the maps will be laid out. I'll be creating one of these for each map I convert and I will be adding the others within the next few days.

So attached is a large map of Dunharrow:
Dunharrow.jpg

Legend:
A) Aitheon
V) Vardarin
P) Workpit
W) Warg Pit
T) Troll Cave
G) Goblin Cave

For Dunharrow I am thinking about removing the range height bonus to keep the northern position from being too dominant :xcahik_:

#2 zimoo

zimoo

Ecthelion of the Fountain

• Project Team
  • 2,009 posts
  • Projects:Lurking until the off topic begins...
  •  Guardian of the Books

Posted 23 April 2007 - 11:05 AM

Personally I think the north should be dominant. In the books the only way to reach it was to go along a narrow pass, which could be easily defended by a few men. As that isn't really possible in BFME I think the North should atleast have some advantage.

I always thought Dunharrow should be more of a fortress map personally.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Playing games? Ah, you'll never be a good modder if you get involved in actually playing them!

#3 fehik

fehik
  • Project Team
  • 207 posts

Posted 23 April 2007 - 12:34 PM

Zimoo is right, Dunharrow is an important strategic point for the Rohirrim, you shouldn;t remove the range bonus. but you can still make some advanteges for the southern camp, like a secret pass,which can lead you to the back of your enemies base, or something like this
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#4 robnkarla

robnkarla

title available

• Hosted
  • 1,849 posts
  • Projects:RJ-RotWK
  •  crazy coder

Posted 23 April 2007 - 02:58 PM

You are right, it should be dominant, but while testing I realized that an Ent at the cliff's edge could reach the wall as it is right now. So basically, the top could put siege weapons in a near invulnerable location to punch a whole through the wall. That is a little too much for me.

I think that with Treebeard's range bonus they should be able to take out resource buildings, but just come short of the actual wall that way there is a definite advantage though not too much so.

#5 zimoo

zimoo

Ecthelion of the Fountain

• Project Team
  • 2,009 posts
  • Projects:Lurking until the off topic begins...
  •  Guardian of the Books

Posted 23 April 2007 - 03:05 PM

Yes I agree that the north shouldn't be that dominant. By all means lower the range bonus (I personally think it's way too high for all maps), but don't remove it
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Playing games? Ah, you'll never be a good modder if you get involved in actually playing them!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users